The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Yet another quick question for Loyalty Program

Runaan
Runaan
✭✭✭✭
Hello,
I (and certainly many other people) are curious if we, the Prepaid Game Time Card users will also receive the pet as a reward?

I've been subbed to ESO since the release and used your game time cards to play.

Looking forward to response,
Thanks in advance
Runaan Fortis
Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. The developers already said this on the existing thread.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I was browsing through treads and must've missed it, thanks.
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • ladyas
    ladyas
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry if I missed the tread but here goes, what do you do to get your pet??
    I have been loyal for 5 month so far now what?
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ladyas wrote: »

You wait.

You dont have to do anything other than stay subbed to the game really.

90 days after your first 30 free days , when they start giving the pet , you get one.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on August 23, 2014 9:13PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll be sending eligible players their High Hrothgar Wraith pet over in-game mail starting in September.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    If not you can have my stupid pet! That's how much I appreciate that loyalty reward. Reward us by fixing current content! :)
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already destroyed all my other pets, can I give it someone else or I'm destroying this one too.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

You wait.

You dont have to do anything other than stay subbed to the game really.

90 days after your first 30 free days , when they start giving the pet , you get one.

Thre's actually a few extra days as well(5 i think) that they gave everybody because of launch issues and 2 more if you played in early access.

You'd have to have bought the game and started your free month no later than the beginning of may to be eligible for the pet september 1.
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    They would have to go by the start time of your subscription, once you had to start paying. And no offense, but the first 30 days was not free, you paid for it, so they had better start the clock from that day, and not cheap out on what they claim is 'free' game time. If you didn't buy the box, you got zero game time. Calling the first 30 days included with purchase free is an insult to my, and likely other peoples, intelligence.

Or does our 'loyalty' to the game not extend to the initial purchase? That seems pretty obvious to me. Or is my money worth more as a subscription than as an initial purchase? Could someone please explain what must be a logical blank spot in my mind on this?

If it's a reward for subscribing and continuing to pay, then my subscription started the day I created the account because I've been paying for it since I bought the game.
    Edited by Probitas on August 24, 2014 4:29AM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probitas wrote: »
    They would have to go by the start time of your subscription, once you had to start paying. And no offense, but the first 30 days was not free, you paid for it, so they had better start the clock from that day, and not cheap out on what they claim is 'free' game time. If you didn't buy the box, you got zero game time. Calling the first 30 days included with purchase free is an insult to my, and likely other peoples, intelligence.

Or does our 'loyalty' to the game not extend to the initial purchase?

The box price of the game was the standard box price of any other PC game. You did not pay extra for your first 30 days of access.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    Did IQ's drop sharply suddenly? No one is claiming to have paid extra. But we did pay for those first 30 days. They weren't free at all. Call it an up front fee to be able to subscribe and continue to pay for and play the game, but not taking that into account is insulting.

Here's one to wrap your head around.

If Z chose to sell the game but did not include the month with the purchase, how would you have made a decision to continue the subscription? Come on now, it's pretty obvious. If I pay for a magazine subscription, I pay for the first one I get, it does not come free, and it certainly is not free with any PC game either, in any MMO, or why do you think they charged as much as they did? I'm sure even their bean counters factored in the cost in the initial price, no one would give out a free month to more than 500,000 people, how would they pay the bills?

You can't seriously expect me to believe that the cost of a month at $14.99 is not part of the up front price for every MMO. People have become used to calling it free, but it's not free when you had to spend money to get it.

Next someone is going to claim I'm feeling entitled for something paid for. If they want to ignore that money paid to them that's fine and their chioice, but that also tells me exactly where I stand as a person with disposable income, because not taking it into account shows they have no loyalty to their consumers.
    Edited by Probitas on August 24, 2014 4:40AM