The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can't seem to get "Pact Hero" title - what is going wrong ?

BulbousMeathead
BulbousMeathead
✭✭✭
Hi,

I have this problem - I have completed all of the zones for EP, but I still can't get the "Hero of the EP" achievement. is this a bug ? , or is there some other requirement I need to fulfil ? Please refer to screenshots below:
-
5WbKIdi.jpg?1
fmCJ0uQ.jpg?1

Can anyone assist ?
Thanks

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there is no other requirement. I have, with different characters, completed all but Dominion Hero.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put in a bug report. I have the same problem with my last zone in AD. I have explored the cave, but don't get credit on the bigger list. Now that they have fixed a bunch of the big achievement bugs. there are some smaller ones left.
  • sandschristierwb17_ESO
    Hi,

I have this problem - I have completed all of the zones for EP, but I still can't get the "Hero of the EP" achievement. is this a bug ? , or is there some other requirement I need to fulfil ? Please refer to screenshots below:
    -
    5WbKIdi.jpg?1
    fmCJ0uQ.jpg?1

Can anyone assist ?
    Thanks

Sorry can't assist. I have the same issue with sky shard and daggerfall hero achive. Have posted bug report/issue report. Same old answer 'where looking into it' 'a few ppl have the same issue' 'case will be closed in # days.' Guessing at least until next patch.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same exact issue with Daggerfall Covenant. There is nothing we can do. I've been in contact with CS and GM's over the past month and at the end they said the developers are aware of it, but it will be fixed in a future patch. The last patch came and it wasn't fixed...so who knows.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • BulbousMeathead
    BulbousMeathead
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, people - so it seems to be a fairly common bug. I'm confident they will eventually fix it in a future patch, but it's probably a bit further down the priority list, given some of the more serious issues which still need to be resolved.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Similar problem where Stonefalls reports complete but no tick in the EP box.

Problem is I completed that region during the 'purely cosmetic' achievement bug so I suspect it is lost. Have reported it but never heard anything and since it is my 3rd alliance I am not that fussed right now.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what is odd too? I checked mine today, and it says I got those achievements (Daggerfall title says I am missing Alik'r and Stormhaven, but I am not) on 5/22, almost around the same time as yours OP, and when the 1.1.2 patch was released...when they messed up the achievements. They have database issues I guess.

Dyes coming out soon, tied to achievements. Not liking that :s
    Edited by Worstluck on July 1, 2014 6:09AM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • BulbousMeathead
    BulbousMeathead
    ✭✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »
    You know what is odd too? I checked mine today, and it says I got those achievements (Daggerfall title says I am missing Alik'r and Stormhaven, but I am not) on 5/22, almost around the same time as yours OP, and when the 1.1.2 patch was released...when they messed up the achievements. They have database issues I guess.

Dyes coming out soon, tied to achievements. Not liking that :s

Yes, 5/22 (or 23/5 here in Australia :) ) is when the patch came out and all the achievements went to zero etc.

(The only reason I have 6/29/2014 for Bleakrock, Giant-Friend, and Plague-Ender is because I went back and finished those recently, thinking they were holding up my EP Hero title, but to no avail. Also, it says I beat Fildgor Orcthane on 6/25/2014, but I actually did it a month before that - I remember because Fildgor was a real pain to kill - with all his healer friends ! )

I think they have some data integrity issues in there for sure.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on this? What makes it worse is that these achievements are tied to pretty awesome dyes (Pact Hero is an awesome red). Are we just out of luck or will there be some communication?

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • mikieb0410
    mikieb0410
    Soul Shriven
    Include me in the list of people having that issue too. I'm missing the check for Shadowfen Adventurer but it shows up lower in the list as completed.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, apologies for the delay! The Pact Hero achievement will actually be fixed when we release Update 3, which will be in early August. You'll get your dye that's tied to the achievement as well. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Ginabruno instead of making a new thread, I figure I'd ask here and see if we can get an answer (or if I've missed it elsewhere) - what about other broken achievements?

I know that the Tamriel Skyshard hunter achievement is not working, I (and some other guildies) have collected all the shards and received all other achievements in that category, yet the one achievement that is a list of the other achieves still shows grayed out as incomplete.

It also seems that most bosses were not working early in the game in dungeons. We are showing grayed out boss lists in all the dungeons we've completed, some of them several times as we ran with different players. I'm sure we missed a boss here or there, but it's odd that every boss in every dungeon is gray still. This one is less of a big deal as it seems we can at least go back and redo them and get the achievement, which we have been doing, but annoying.

I'm sure there are others as well, but I also wanted to ask about the collectables. No one in any of the guilds I'm in has seen any of these. Is this working right now and just really really rare (b/c some of us play A LOT) or going to be fixed by the patch?

Edit: Another I remember, the hard mode on vet Banished Cells - we've done it several times as described in the achievement and never received it.

Edit 2: Another I found: Craglorn explorer isn't working either, though I have all the ind achieves for clearing caves and dungeons, the overall list shows I've done none.

Thanks.
    Edited by xaraan on July 29, 2014 4:32PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Sethowar
    Sethowar
    ✭✭
    you've also got issues like the fact that Collectibles never drop. Also a personal bugbear is that Solo and Public dungeons don't give progress towards the "general" category of dungeon achievements. If I help out a friend with his lv11 crows wood I don't expect/deserve loot or xp, but you could at least recognise I am still hitting achievement content.

Its just frustrating, because if its not backdated I'm going to have to grind soooo many trash mobs to try and collect all of these achievements. bah!
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sethowar wrote: »
    you've also got issues like the fact that Collectibles never drop. Also a personal bugbear is that Solo and Public dungeons don't give progress towards the "general" category of dungeon achievements. If I help out a friend with his lv11 crows wood I don't expect/deserve loot or xp, but you could at least recognise I am still hitting achievement content.

Its just frustrating, because if its not backdated I'm going to have to grind soooo many trash mobs to try and collect all of these achievements. bah!

Agree with this. My Girlfriend and I start to play together. Since I had much more time to play I am much farther and also already in Veteran Ranks. She is level 8. There is practically no real incentive to return to your old hunting grounds except for pure altruistic reasons. It would be cool if there could be at least some sort of loot, a few coins from grinding with low level groups. Or some Achievement for supporting newbies.
    Although I do understand that making things easy for other shouldn't be too much rewarded.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    xaraan wrote: »
    @ZOS_Ginabruno instead of making a new thread, I figure I'd ask here and see if we can get an answer (or if I've missed it elsewhere) - what about other broken achievements?

I know that the Tamriel Skyshard hunter achievement is not working, I (and some other guildies) have collected all the shards and received all other achievements in that category, yet the one achievement that is a list of the other achieves still shows grayed out as incomplete.

It also seems that most bosses were not working early in the game in dungeons. We are showing grayed out boss lists in all the dungeons we've completed, some of them several times as we ran with different players. I'm sure we missed a boss here or there, but it's odd that every boss in every dungeon is gray still. This one is less of a big deal as it seems we can at least go back and redo them and get the achievement, which we have been doing, but annoying.

I'm sure there are others as well, but I also wanted to ask about the collectables. No one in any of the guilds I'm in has seen any of these. Is this working right now and just really really rare (b/c some of us play A LOT) or going to be fixed by the patch?

Edit: Another I remember, the hard mode on vet Banished Cells - we've done it several times as described in the achievement and never received it.

Edit 2: Another I found: Craglorn explorer isn't working either, though I have all the ind achieves for clearing caves and dungeons, the overall list shows I've done none.

Thanks.
    We're actively combing through the forums now and compiling a list of broken achievements. Depending on the severity, some could be fixed as soon as the next patch, and others could take some more time. We can start a mini-known issues thread with the achievements so you guys can keep tabs on the status, and also let us know if there are any we missed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there is no other requirement. I have, with different characters, completed all but Dominion Hero.

me too, malabol tor refuses to be checked for me to get the dominion hero title. I contacted a gm (still in the process of working it out) he found one quest I hadn't done and it didn't update anything.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sethowar wrote: »

Agree with this. My Girlfriend and I start to play together. Since I had much more time to play I am much farther and also already in Veteran Ranks. She is level 8. There is practically no real incentive to return to your old hunting grounds except for pure altruistic reasons. It would be cool if there could be at least some sort of loot, a few coins from grinding with low level groups. Or some Achievement for supporting newbies.
    Although I do understand that making things easy for other shouldn't be too much rewarded.
    I have a sorc who is VR6 but goes back to Auridon occasionally just to "hunt plants" for Alchemy. While I'm there, I'll try not to interfere with others unless they are in a bad spot, then I jump in to try and save them. Have helped groups at Dolmens by just casting heals over and over from the staff instead of taking out enemies. I have to go back to get some achievements on numbers (such as killing crabs, which is much easier when Silver Bolts one shots them) and some dungeons I missed, so I hope they have this patched by the time I finish all the things I need.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

Thanks.
    We're actively combing through the forums now and compiling a list of broken achievements. Depending on the severity, some could be fixed as soon as the next patch, and others could take some more time. We can start a mini-known issues thread with the achievements so you guys can keep tabs on the status, and also let us know if there are any we missed.

That would be great, I'll try to look through my list a bit better tomorrow and write down exactly the ones messed up for when the thread goes up.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just in case you guys missed it, here is the promised thread listing out the broken achievements we're currently looking at: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/123207/broken-achievements#latest
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • BulbousMeathead
    BulbousMeathead
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gina - glad to see these are being addressed. Personally, it is the achievements that give me a sense of accomplishment - I want to get to "Tamriel Hero" eventually. To do that, i need "pact hero" .

I know there are many others like myself in a similar position.
    Edited by BulbousMeathead on August 2, 2014 3:06AM
  • BulbousMeathead
    BulbousMeathead
    ✭✭✭
    Yay ! - I have Pact Hero now. Thanks for the fix. :-)