The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

European Megaserver Migration [COMPLETE]

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone!
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    Is it working ?
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    Very quick. Nice work.
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ : Are there new IP addresses for those machines?
    Any chance you can post the new range (if there's one) so I can set my firewall accordingly? Cheers
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Color me impressed. I would have bet it would take a lot longer than expected.
  • stefan9
    stefan9
    ✭✭
    Well done for completing it in very quick time.
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The migration is now complete, and the EU megaserver is now in Frankfurt! Thanks for your patience, everyone!

I think that's pretty outstanding, well done Zos :)
  • Ausare
    Ausare
    Well, for me it got 2 times worse actually. Yes, I'm changing my provider because of that in 2 days, but it is more then impossible right now.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just in case anyone needs it, the ports are 80, 443, 24500-24507, and 24100-24131.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Erlindur
    Erlindur
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Does the client (not the launcher) expect uninitiated, incoming traffic in ports 80 and 443? If so, a lot of lag problems from Greek players can be traced to the fact that a major ISP, simply firewalls everything bellow 1024. Can you ask if that's the case or you simply want those ports open for the launcher?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    No, the client does not expect uninitiated incoming traffic to ports 80 or 443.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Erlindur
    Erlindur
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your time. :)
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me it's a tiny bit better. Not as much as I hoped, but it's a bit better.
  • HBK
    HBK
    Having some issues. Random, rare, big spikes of lag. Sometimes ends up with a kick for "abusing message (spam)" (lol I don't even use the ingame chat).

Other than that, seems more responsive. Well, it's not less responsive at least :smiley:
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HBK wrote: »
    Having some issues. Random, rare, big spikes of lag.

This.

• R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodill is unplayable.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R0M2K wrote: »
    Cyrodill is unplayable.
    Just goes to show how wrong all those EU players screaming for this move were then, doesn't it?
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    I had a very good experience playing on AB Campaign after the move. Thank you.

Edit: Last night it was horrible lag for hours. Unplayable.
    Edited by Zubba on August 1, 2014 11:12AM
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • HBK
    HBK
    Just goes to show how wrong all those EU players screaming for this move were then, doesn't it?
    I don't know about who's right and who's wrong, but there's definitely an improvement.

I wasn't sure at first glance, but having spent a bit more time with the game, it definitely helped in making the game more responsive overall (not just the combat, everything).

Although it seems there are still a few quirks to iron out.
    Edited by HBK on July 31, 2014 12:20PM
  • Goresnort
    Goresnort
    ✭✭✭
    The migration is now complete, and the EU megaserver is now in Frankfurt! Thanks for your patience, everyone!

The below feedback is from extended play in the pve zones and dungeons after the European server move.

100 up/down connection.

The good:

The 'intentional stutter' in swing animations for melee heavy and light attacks is now occurring at the point of impact. Previously this could occur at odd positions in the animation, when your attacks were landing on a target.

Block fail has mostly been eliminated. Previously you could activate the block, have it display on your screen, but it would sometimes still fail to execute, and you would get hit by the full effect.

Interrupts are reliable. Previously they would sometimes either not land or have animation failure.

Moving out of red telegraph effects is now behaving reliably. Previously you could move out of a telegraph before enemy cast completion, but often still get hit by the effect.

The bad:

There are some odd lag spikes occurring every now and then. These can last up to 5-10 secs, and totally freezes up you and your opponents in combat. Several other members of my guild are also reporting the same lag spikes occurring. These do not seem to affect the entire sever at the same time, but rather depend on what instance or zone your character is located. This type of lag was not occurring before the server move, and seem to be a issue related to the Frankfurt server.

Summary:

From a pve perspective.
    The combat now feels a lot more responsive and reliable. General latency is down considerably.
    Lag spikes occurring frequently, that are very disruptive and needs to be addressed
    Happy with the new sever!
    Edited by Goresnort on August 2, 2014 2:51AM