The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

European Megaserver Migration [COMPLETE]

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
The server migration has started, and during this time the European megaserver will remain unavailable. While our team is working to have this operation finished as soon as possible, we would like to share some insights with you.

The server migration from our datacenter in North America to Europe has 3 major parts:
  1. Shutdown of the megaserver
  2. Save all data from the megaserver and transfer them over to Frankfurt
  3. Environment stability verification by our QA Team, as well as making sure all the data has been successfully moved over
Each of these steps will take a few hours each, and we’ll keep you posted as to where we are in the process.

In the meantime, why not join us on the PTS? Yesterday, we deployed the latest build on the PTS, and you can find the PTS Patch Notes for v1.3.2 here. We’d love to get your feedback and any bug reports for Update 3!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Neferath
    Neferath
    ✭✭✭
    Thx Gina.
  • Oolou
    Oolou
    ✭✭✭
    Hurrah!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FYI: We have just completed step one of the process, and have begun transferring the data over to Frankfurt.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. Good luck with the rest of the move.
    :)
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • dirk1897
    dirk1897
    a cup of Barolo red wine for you Gina ;)
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
  • Con64
    Con64
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!!! Hope all goes well! :smile:
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭
    FYI: We have just completed step one of the process, and have begun transferring the data over to Frankfurt.
    Hey Gina, Is everything being copied in one hit? Surely you have been mirroring or log shipping in advance to speed this up?
  • zazamalek
    zazamalek
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno out of curiosity how much data is it? It would be interesting to hear how much data we've built up over the past few months.
  • DeadByNow
    DeadByNow
    ✭✭✭
    Scary Scary!
  • dirk1897
    dirk1897
    Have an european megaserver what improve wil give us? :)
    (I'am an accountanti don't know nothing about server or videogame ?_?)
    Edited by dirk1897 on July 30, 2014 2:44PM
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
  • Pappa
    Pappa
    ✭✭✭
    zazamalek wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno out of curiosity how much data is it? It would be interesting to hear how much data we've built up over the past few months.

Judging by the size of stuff my wife has hoarded on all her alts and mail box, i'm guessing quite alot
    *Kiss the goat*
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    In the meantime, why not join us on the PTS? Yesterday, we deployed the latest build on the PTS..

For me installing PTS or NA is out of order, its a huge download and have 2 or 3 diferent instalations on computer is not aceptable.

Thanks for the updates
    Edited by Xupacabra on July 30, 2014 3:22PM
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're moving right along! We just completed step 2, and our QA Team has started their verification testing.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're moving right along! We just completed step 2, and our QA Team has started their verification testing.

This is good news. I may be able to get a short fix in tonight to sate my addiction after all.

Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope this is not Illuminati trick hahaha they actually transfer servers to EU? Can't believe LoL
  • Erlindur
    Erlindur
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have the new IP address for traceroute and ping purposes?
  • Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    Ping something i Frankfurt
  • rainith2000nub18_ESO

So who's helping to carry the boxes of punch cards to the new server?

What?!? You mean you don't do it like that anymore? Sheesh, kids nowadays...
  • Erlindur
    Erlindur
    ✭✭✭
    Selodaoc wrote: »
    Ping something i Frankfurt

Nah, it doesn't work like that. It has lots to do with their isp. We'll find out after it goes live. but I thought it would be nice to give the QA team a little DoS attack with our pings :)

Technology has moved forward. I guess by now it is possible to make photo copies of them and fax them to Germany. Then it is simply a matter of someone punching the same holes in a new set of cards.
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    Erlindur wrote: »

Technology has moved forward. I guess by now it is possible to make photo copies of them and fax them to Germany. Then it is simply a matter of someone punching the same holes in a new set of cards.

Technology is moving faster than you can imagine.
    It should be possible to put the fax print out into a 3D printer to re-assemble the punch card.
  • Garkbit
    Garkbit
    ✭✭
    Twyst wrote: »
    It should be possible to put the fax print out into a 3D printer to re-assemble the punch card.

If they are up to date with the current technology, they will be using 5.25'' floppy discs.
    These are not the sweet rolls you're looking for - Now move along before I put an arrow in your knee.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garkbit wrote: »
    Twyst wrote: »

If they are up to date with the current technology, they will be using 5.25'' floppy discs.
    And if you were up to date with the thread, you would have noticed that the Data transfer was finished over an hour before you made that comment.

You are propably one of the guys always arguing about not enough QA testing. Now let them do thier QA testing.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • zzz
    zzz
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by zzz on March 11, 2015 1:42PM
  • Jermu73
    Jermu73
    ✭✭✭
    hmm. I just opened launcher and there is no patch downloading.
  • Ausare
    Ausare
    It's alive!
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zzz. If you are a pts tester that's probably the patch you are getting
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • dreadlaxb16_ESO
    That was fast. Bravo
    <3:p<3
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The migration is now complete, and the EU megaserver is now in Frankfurt! Thanks for your patience, everyone!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo!! Shall return to complain about lag in a hour or so. ;)
  • Mad_Dog_Reno
    Nice work! ;-)
    "Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated"