The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

1v1 arenas please!

nvsg
nvsg
✭✭✭
Hi eso I am tired of getting killed by 4 or 5 people at once you rarely get 1v1s before its 2v1 all of a sudden. I like the castle battle thing but I rather spend my time actually battling someone toe to toe, I know there's a lot of people saying no but I am not a slave to your castle campaign I rather do arenas all day my choice sounds way fun then tactical items blowing up walls and crap. Before this game came out I thought it was going to be open world pvp but sadly it wasn't so if I could get 1v1s in here arena style would be nice thanks!
  • Kilruna
    Kilruna
    ✭✭
    you'll get 3 vs. 3 later on... already confirmed
    Options
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. I agree with this. Im tired of the zerg. Its just not for me. Especially since Cyrodil is just a lag fest anyway. Once again after this last patch, the fps went down to Crap. These guys keep making this game harder and harder for my system to handle. It is very annoying. I just want to duel in peace without severe FPS issues. If that means 1 on 1 arena Im 100% for it. Im tired of not being able to play in cyrodil for 2 weeks because a patch comes out.

1 on 1 is definitely something they need to put in this game. I enjoy dueling and that is the only reason why I purchased this game. Make it happen. Ill never go to cyrodil again if I can get 1 vs 1 pvp.

Nothing more annoying than dying in cyrodil, rezing at a shrine and taking a hit from a crystal shard after you have respawned in a keep. Total Bull Crap. *** on cyrodil.
    Edited by MrBeatDown on July 28, 2014 12:16AM
    Options
  • TeraAngelos
    TeraAngelos
    ✭✭✭
    Guild Wars 2 had a neat feature where you could purchase a PvP arena exclusively for your guild's use. I would love to see that here - several of my guildies and I would love to duel each other or plan PvP guild activities.
    Options
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No PVP at all please ;).. look balancing fixed... lag fixed
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Wars 2 had a neat feature where you could purchase a PvP arena exclusively for your guild's use. I would love to see that here - several of my guildies and I would love to duel each other or plan PvP guild activities.

What GW2 has that is nice , is the division they made on the balance.

One balance for PvE and their AvA PvP and another balance and items for their closed PvP.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on July 28, 2014 12:47AM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • nvsg
    nvsg
    ✭✭✭
    MrBeatDown wrote: »
    Yes please. I agree with this. Im tired of the zerg. Its just not for me. Especially since Cyrodil is just a lag fest anyway. Once again after this last patch, the fps went down to Crap. These guys keep making this game harder and harder for my system to handle. It is very annoying. I just want to duel in peace without severe FPS issues. If that means 1 on 1 arena Im 100% for it. Im tired of not being able to play in cyrodil for 2 weeks because a patch comes out.

1 on 1 is definitely something they need to put in this game. I enjoy dueling and that is the only reason why I purchased this game. Make it happen. Ill never go to cyrodil again if I can get 1 vs 1 pvp.

Nothing more annoying than dying in cyrodil, rezing at a shrine and taking a hit from a crystal shard after you have respawned in a keep. Total Bull Crap. *** on cyrodil.

I couldn't agree more^
    Options
  • Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    1v1? That's called a Duel.
    Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
    Options
  • Karnus
    Karnus
    ✭✭✭✭
    A dueling arena would be great!
    Formerly Karnus, the Marauder in Warhammer.
    Options
  • rotiferuk
    rotiferuk
    ✭✭✭
    Karnus wrote: »

No, it would be boring because it is not spontaneous and random, Cyrodiil is. The combat issues/ imbalance in Cyrodiil need resolving via fine tuning.
    EU Server.
    Options
  • Karnus
    Karnus
    ✭✭✭✭
    rotiferuk wrote: »

No, it would be boring because it is not spontaneous and random, Cyrodiil is. The combat issues/ imbalance in Cyrodiil need resolving via fine tuning.

Assuming it would be completely optional, no requirements or rewards, you could just ignore it while many others might enjoy it as a feature.

Formerly Karnus, the Marauder in Warhammer.
    Options
  • rotiferuk
    rotiferuk
    ✭✭✭

Assuming it would be completely optional, no requirements or rewards, you could just ignore it while many others might enjoy it as a feature.

AFAIAK it would be the thin end of yet another wedge. The Justice System is the first wedge. How long do you think it will take before there is "mission creep" with this? Initially it is going to be players killing / harassing NPC's with guards / player guards killing the perpetrators. This has not been implemented and already there are people asking for the ability to murder other players.

Zenimax had the chance to do something different, instead they appear to be going down the same moronic path as all the other MMO's.
    Edited by rotiferuk on July 28, 2014 3:30PM
    EU Server.
    Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    Kilruna wrote: »
    you'll get 3 vs. 3 later on... already confirmed

the official statement about this says something like "we know some people would like to have this mode in the game and we are thinking about alot if we can implement it without ruining cyrodiils population and playing flow"

this is all and by any means not even close to an confirmation to 3v3 arenas.
    and actually they were even talking about 3v3v3.

so please dont spread wrong information.

. Ill never go to cyrodil again if I can get 1 vs 1 pvp.

and this is probably one of the major reasons zenimax is hesitating or even considering to never bring arenas to the game.
    Edited by DontBeAfraid on July 28, 2014 3:45PM
    Marlic - Dragonknight - VR12 - Aldmeri Dominion - PvP Rank 29 - Ex-Emperor on Dawnbreaker - EU

Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not against this as such - as long as it is nicely segmented so the inevitable subset of losers (griefers) can't bother other people who don't want to participate.

But for now I'd much rather dev time was spent fixing issues that already exist in game and delivering more epic PvP content and new PvE content as per the plans.

Dev time is finite, unlike wish lists.

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No Arenas please.
    Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    No Arenas please.

this is obviously totally well thought through and a very reproducible way of argumenting :-)

i try it too:

Yes Arenas please.
    Marlic - Dragonknight - VR12 - Aldmeri Dominion - PvP Rank 29 - Ex-Emperor on Dawnbreaker - EU

Options
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    and this is probably one of the major reasons zenimax is hesitating or even considering to never bring arenas to the game.
    Easy to fix. Remove some of the more empty campaigns and tadaa!
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
    Options
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Yes pls
    Options
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure there are dueling gu8ilds that meet somewhere to Cyrodiil to 1 v 1.
    Options
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 v 1 Should be auto included in this game. I don't care about cyrodil. Its mindless and boring. No skill involved. You have a trial group walk over you when your by yourself. No skilled involved.

Also, since all these patches they keep releasing just lower my fps to uncalled for levels im not able to play in cyrodil for any type of pvp. Im not good with that. I have not been refunded time for any of these hardships that they cause me on patch day. I purchased this game soley for PVP.

1v1 should have its own small zone. A very small zone. They could make que for it or have a place to sign up in all cities in towns. Im sure they could have thousands of these things running since they can put you and the person your dueiling in the same instance. It would be like entering a Public Dungeon. They could even get creative with it and allow you to choose who you are dueling.

Im one of the die hard duelers. I would never go to cyrodil again. I enjoy dueling that requires using coordinated skill in a 1 on 1 environment. Cyrodil is just a grief zone. Everything is delayed, Fps is horrible, that combat stutters at best, getting killed by invisible enemy players because the fps doesn't allow you to see them, taking damage after respawning at a keep because the fps is garbage, and the list goes on and on and on. Its not fun. I could care less about being an emperor. I would rather be a dueler.

Dueling is something lots of people enjoy, and if your not one of them that enjoys it, you still got Mindless zerg cyrodil or PvE. You do not have to participate in 1 v 1 duels.
    Options
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    Came across the arena at Reapers March and I so wanted more. By the time I came across that rather long quest line, I was already 5 levels above anything they threw at me in the arena. It wasn't even really a challenge.

But if we could compete against others either in a 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, or a 1 vs "oh $%%# me" scenario ... I could really get into that.

If I am going to die in PVP at least let me get somethign out of it.
    Options
  • nvsg
    nvsg
    ✭✭✭
    Came across the arena at Reapers March and I so wanted more. By the time I came across that rather long quest line, I was already 5 levels above anything they threw at me in the arena. It wasn't even really a challenge.

But if we could compete against others either in a 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, or a 1 vs "oh $%%# me" scenario ... I could really get into that.

If I am going to die in PVP at least let me get somethign out of it.

I agree when I was in the arena it was awesome but I think they should put arena time for it to start like in wow , but how it is in oblivion with the dark training rooms into the light of the crowd of arena omg! I just saw a vision of it pvp players watching you fight one another
    Options
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO, it couldn't be ignored. The imbalance whining and crying would get 1000 times worse. Sorry bro, not in my game.
    Options
  • boogie95
    boogie95
    ✭✭✭
    1 v 1 Should be auto included in this game. I don't care about cyrodil. Its mindless and boring. No skill involved. You have a trial group walk over you when your by yourself. No skilled involved.

Also, since all these patches they keep releasing just lower my fps to uncalled for levels im not able to play in cyrodil for any type of pvp. Im not good with that. I have not been refunded time for any of these hardships that they cause me on patch day. I purchased this game soley for PVP.

1v1 should have its own small zone. A very small zone. They could make que for it or have a place to sign up in all cities in towns. Im sure they could have thousands of these things running since they can put you and the person your dueiling in the same instance. It would be like entering a Public Dungeon. They could even get creative with it and allow you to choose who you are dueling.

Im one of the die hard duelers. I would never go to cyrodil again. I enjoy dueling that requires using coordinated skill in a 1 on 1 environment. Cyrodil is just a grief zone. Everything is delayed, Fps is horrible, that combat stutters at best, getting killed by invisible enemy players because the fps doesn't allow you to see them, taking damage after respawning at a keep because the fps is garbage, and the list goes on and on and on. Its not fun. I could care less about being an emperor. I would rather be a dueler.

Dueling is something lots of people enjoy, and if your not one of them that enjoys it, you still got Mindless zerg cyrodil or PvE. You do not have to participate in 1 v 1 duels.

dueling would be nice yes
    Edited by boogie95 on July 29, 2014 1:55AM
    Options
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    l2group.

#sigh

why are you struggling, because whenever I play solo, easy 100k-150k AP today
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
    Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭

NO, it couldn't be ignored. The imbalance whining and crying would get 1000 times worse. Sorry bro, not in my game.

this is not your game.
    BenS1337 wrote: »
    l2group.

#sigh

why are you struggling, because whenever I play solo, easy 100k-150k AP today

you didnt get this topic at all.
    this is not about AP. duellers dont care about AP. i have millions of AP, but i would give any single one for free to you, if they implent arenas.
    i dont need them and i dont care about them and probably every other dueller thinks the same.
    Edited by DontBeAfraid on July 29, 2014 4:00AM

Options
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    you didnt get this topic at all.
    this is not about AP. duellers dont care about AP. i have millions of AP, but i would give any single one for free to you, if they implent arenas.
    i dont need them and i dont care about them and probably every other dueller thinks the same.

I feel the same way. Ap is stupid. Being an emperor for 30 minutes is also stupid. With dueling or arenas, You become a known person, You can be an elitist if you will, Other duelers will know you. If you asked me who the emperor was today or who has the highest ap I wouldn't know. Its redundant. I could care less. Over Half of them are just support players anyway and rely on the group to get them emperorship. They are nobodies.

With dueling or 1v1 arenas, it becomes something so much better than cyrodil for players like me. We are very competitive, elitist, and we enjoy Fair Good Mannered duels. It seperates the boys from the Men. It creates special groups of people and im sure there would be several guilds Made just for Duelers.
    Options
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dueling should have been included at launch. It is such a simple thing to implement, it creates a thing that players can do repeatedly at any time without having to produce content, and it has so many uses.

Its great for RP, it is great for training purposes, it is fun to duel your friends/guildies, and it especially makes sense in ES.

Give us an arena to duel in with phasing, give us specific areas to duel in like training grounds, bars, town squares, or even just a bloody field.

There is literally no reason not to have dueling, so long as you include an auto-block feature.
    Options
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they implement arenas or 1 v 1 PVP, players would simply use that mechanic to grind AP and veteran levels. All you have to do is get two like-minded individuals or friends to do this. Player 1 has an agreement with player 2 to take turns killing each other to grind AP and XP. Rinse, repeat.....
    Options
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    If they implement arenas or 1 v 1 PVP, players would simply use that mechanic to grind AP and veteran levels. All you have to do is get two like-minded individuals or friends to do this. Player 1 has an agreement with player 2 to take turns killing each other to grind AP and XP. Rinse, repeat.....

Um... what?

Did anyone say anything about dueling giving XP or AP? Because the majority of players I know who want dueling do not care about those at all.

Besides, if the XP gain was adjusted accordingly, please tell me what is wrong with players who prefer arena PvP gaining XP by playing the way they enjoy playing?
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great topic.

Besides a specific arena environment -like you mentioned above- which you can join via lfg tool-kind thingy, they can just put a duel option in that " hold to interact" button. So we can duel anywhere and anyone we want.

Also an arena environment with not only 3v3v3 fights but also 1v1-2v2-3v3...would be better. Plus a new leaderboard for it. (separate from cyrodiil)
    Edited by Soris on July 30, 2014 5:25AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options