The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Creating ESO: Identity and Update 3"

• Ayelle
    Ayelle
    Soul Shriven
    I really like the possibility to dye and even more I like the fact, that you can show some "togetherness" with your guild, because til now, for me, there ist not really much meaning for beeing part of the guild. It is nice to have a guild bank, but til now thats all.. The heraldry is a good step into the right direction, but i am still missing some guild achievenments or guild tasks, so that guilds have a higher sense in the game.
  • Klashnikov
    I think it would be great if guilds could regulate the items members are able to sell in the stores. For instance, if you could make it to where members couldn't sell recipes or foul hides or other things people are generally not going to buy and clog up the selling menu. Or you could have a guild that sells only weapons or only alchemical ingredients for example.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 questions

- are dyes shared between chars or only the dy's for the achies unlocked on each char?
    - are the emblems from the Dunmer Houses available for tabards?
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I want to make it quite clear that if you are going to tie dyes to achievements, those achievements better function correctly.

There are A TON of broken achievements in the game right now, and some aren't even implemented yet (Collectibles, for one).

FISHING: starter island achievements still not obtainable, and some zones are missing fishing holes of the appropriate water type, not to mention that we still cannot bag fish.
    SKYSHARDS: 'tamriel skyshard hunter' achievement will not unlock. I have collected every single skyshard in the game, including Cyrodiil.

Thank you.
  • spencer.reeves48b14_ESO
    2 questions

- are dyes shared between chars or only the dy's for the achies unlocked on each char?

The achievements are character-independent, so it would stand to reason the dyes follow the same format.

The Dunmeri House emblems were not in the pictures shown, but it was never made clear whether those pictures showed all the emblems. The house emblems would make sense, considering the prevalence of Hlaalu, Dres, Indoril, and Redoran, with a brief appearance by Telvani, during the Deshaan and Stonefalls missions.

Is it sad what I'm most excited about is the wayshrine being moved inside Mournhold.
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had that impression that once you unlock dye its unlocked to your all characters. So for example my master enchanter unlocked all enchanting achievement dyes so all those colors should be unlocked for my other non-enchanting chars also (even if the achievements aren't)

EDIT: This way you benefit from different profession alts.
    Edited by CirithValaria on July 23, 2014 11:48AM
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's good that the dyes are tied to the account system, otherwise it would be a little problematic. I mean, I don't ever want my main characters to turn into a vampire, especially not just for a colour. For my character's integrity sake. But doing it on an alt and still being able to unlock it for every character in my account is awesome.
  • Halorin
    Halorin
    ✭✭✭
    You can actually hide your helmet now. If you go into Settings, it should be in the Gameplay tab.

Can we please, please, PLEASE get an option to hide shoulders, too? Most of them look oversized for my character. I've still been using my level 22 Breton Epaulets because they're one of the only form fitting shoulder pieces in the game.
    Edited by Halorin on July 23, 2014 12:57PM
  • beckerprbub17_ESO
    beckerprbub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Jack-0 wrote: »
    Hats off to the devs! First of all, what a wonderful article, I really do appreciate the open explanations of your decision making processes - it's very refreshing. And that note at the end 'room to grow' - I like that you welcome and encourage your players' input.

The dye system sounds fantastic, tying it to achievements is great - it makes achievements more desirable rather than just having them for the sake of having them, and provides a good cosmetic reward for earning them. I particularly like your efforts to make popular dyes readily accessible and not incredibly difficult to obtain. What colour will be associated with being a werewolf?

The guild store idea is reasonable, however I would prefer it if it were possible for every guild to have a public vendor if they want one, and in fact, why tie it down to guilds at all? Do you remember Ultima Online? Players could place houses on plots of land, build them from the ground up, and open them to the public and place vendors to sell their wares. They could then rent vendors out to other players too. Strategically placed shops would of course attract more customers and in turn be the most desirable places to rent a vendor in, but those shops located in the wilderness could thrive with a little effort on advertising in towns and opening gates (portals) to the shop location. I would absolutely love it if you 1. implement player housing and 2. let us turn them into shops if we so desire.

Keep up the good work :)

Kronen

I agree for the most part. Just players housing is a feature I still fear, from how it was done in Atlantica Online... Anyway, I do think the player-base is too big for them to be able to effectively allow everyone to have a house in the world. We would need a bidding system for the plots? That would lead to more headache than fun.
  • Aortick
    Aortick
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for Update 3. Like a little kid at Christmas.............this is taking Forever.
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what I was asking for at launch. Thank you all for hearing me! We will for sure put it all to good use. And will leave feedback on it.
    Dirtybyrd
  • Muletide
    Muletide
    ✭✭✭
    I am not familiar with Vampirism in ESO because I have no desire to become a Vampire on my main character... but I would like the Noxophilic Black in my dye palette. Is there a way to contract Vampirism for the Achievement/Dye but cure yourself of it once attained?
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    No traders in Cyrodiil? Fail...
  • FearlessAce
    FearlessAce
    ✭✭✭
    This was asked earlier in a larger post and got glossed over, so I want to ask again specifically this:

If I dye some pieces of armor with colors I've unlocked, and I sell that armor to someone else, do they get the colors on that armor?
    (Obviously, they won't 'auto unlock' a color or anything like that)

I'm just wondering if I could craft someone a special set of armor, color it like they want with colors I have, and sell that specially colored/crafted item to them and the colors be retained after the transfer.
  • pxlforge
    pxlforge
    so this will give us a tangible (if we pretend a virtual color change is tangible - but lets just let the word police know that we know its not ACTUALLY tangible) reward for badge-hunting.

Kudos. Keep thinking like that. I've already started making sure I have those I can get.

This IS a reward for existing badges... not a whole new set of badges to be attained, correct?
    Edited by pxlforge on July 24, 2014 8:14AM
  • Melky
    Melky
    ✭✭
    just wanna say that this update made me resubscribe =) Im playing again and cant wait when its up. great job devs! and I hope youll continue in this way
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pure win guys! Im looking forward to this.
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • TheSavageAssassin
    TheSavageAssassin
    Soul Shriven
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Creating ESO: Identity and Update 3. We hope you enjoyed this peek into development for some of our upcoming systems!
    I already got some achievments when this comes out will dyes become available to me cause i got those achievments?

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This was asked earlier in a larger post and got glossed over, so I want to ask again specifically this:

If I dye some pieces of armor with colors I've unlocked, and I sell that armor to someone else, do they get the colors on that armor?
    (Obviously, they won't 'auto unlock' a color or anything like that)

I'm just wondering if I could craft someone a special set of armor, color it like they want with colors I have, and sell that specially colored/crafted item to them and the colors be retained after the transfer.
    When you dye a piece of armor, it gets bound to your account. You can swap it between your own characters, but you cannot put it in the guild store or trade it with other players.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • davidblowerb16_ESO
    davidblowerb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    All sounds Great :), Is there any plans to include the dyeing of Shields and Weapons ?.
  • ayriennub17_ESO
    hiyde wrote: »
    "The benifits reserved for larger guilds are guild banks and stores. A small group of close friends shouldn't be penalized for wanting something to call their own."

They're guild tabards, not group tabards. This isn't penalization, it's a perk/feature for larger guilds. If you don't wish to be in one, or grow one, then it's not a perk for you. Not every single feature/perk/reward in an MMORPG is intended for every single player.

In addition to the other options I mentioned, here's another: custom dye your armor to match each other.

Larger guilds already have 3 perks all their own, why give another to just larger guilds. Min of 4 should be required for tabard at least in my opinion; cause if a group of 4 friends runs together all the time, and only runs with the same 4 RL people, why shouldn't they be considered a guild? When I think of a group, to me it means 4 random people. Might be a guild group or it might be a pug, but it doesn't have to be the same 4 people every time. However spending time everyday with the same 4-9 people makes a group a guild. They should be able to show it.

I do agree with your dye alternative though. We used to do that in DAOC all the time.
  • Taz
    Taz
    ✭✭✭
    I run with two other people on a regular basis. We fight together in PvP, PvE, dungeons, quests, everything. We don't need or want a guild bank at our size. But tabards, I think, should be available.

If a group is in a guild, it's still a guild. Sure, we could find 7 random members we don't want or could care less about like in a larger guild, but that benefits nobody, and doesn't make us any more or less legitimate than any other guild. Particularly when there are guilds with 50+ members where only two log in at any given time yet the guild has everything unlocked (but the bank is probably just used by the officers). Is that really a guild compared to 3-9 people who regularly log in and play with each other?

Tabards don't hurt anyone. Yeah, being able to have a guild bank at that number might open up abuse of people just making multiple guilds for extra bank space. I don't really think smaller guilds care that much about that. But tabards to represent your rag-tag group, a symbol, a mark that you share, that would be awesome to have for any size guild.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌, nice article and i also like that Mournhold wayshrine is being moved.

But what about the Dhalmora wayshrine? It's a fair distance from the marketarea. :)
    PC EU
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pantherin wrote: »
    I do not like the guild tabbards taking up the outfit slot.

I think there should be an additional slot created for a tabbard so we can wear both.

I wish there were cloaks or designs on shields much like DAoC.

Additional slots for a back item.

Wouldn't make sense. The outfit slot is used for disguises when you're sneaking somewhere. If you put on a disguise then added your guild tabbard to it then you wouldn't be very disguised anymore would you?
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 questions

The achievements are character-independent, so it would stand to reason the dyes follow the same format.

The Dunmeri House emblems were not in the pictures shown, but it was never made clear whether those pictures showed all the emblems. The house emblems would make sense, considering the prevalence of Hlaalu, Dres, Indoril, and Redoran, with a brief appearance by Telvani, during the Deshaan and Stonefalls missions.

Is it sad what I'm most excited about is the wayshrine being moved inside Mournhold.

Im not so sure about dyes being shared between chars, since every char unlocks the achies seperate, I'm not totally sure what u mean by achies are char independant

on the emblems, indeed I also didn't saw then in the pictures, but heres hoping that there are more than shown and the Dunmer Houses emblems are included
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote:
    My impression on guild tabards is they are to help make your guild identifiable and to help build some reputation/awareness. Yours is 4 people with (seemingly) no plans to grow and I don't think that type of guild is the target. There SHOULD be benefits reserved for guilds that are larger than a few people.

You have options. You can grow your guild to meet the requirement or wear the tabards from up to 4 other larger guilds that you can join. That seems appropriate and fair.

I agree with to make guilds identifiable and create reputation and awareness, most definitely! But is this option purely for a large guild... when a smaller guild takes a keep in combat from a larger guild or crushes two rival teams in the upcoming 4 player Dragonstar Arena, I want us to be known!
    There SHOULD be benefits reserved for guilds that are smaller than 10 people but greater then 3 as ESO has 4 player groups.

I have no issues growing our guild but do have a issue wearing another guild tabards that I do not support. Larger guilds shouldn't bully smaller guilds, that is appropriate and fair.

You have some very good points, James. It makes sense that if 4 players can play together in the upcoming 4 player Dragonstar Arena, then why not go ahead and let 4 player guilds make their own tabards. You have my vote. :)

Edited by snowsong on July 25, 2014 9:22PM
    STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
    http://storm-cats.weebly.com/
    [Snowsong is using ROG G752VS on NA server.]
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    2 questions

Im not so sure about dyes being shared between chars, since every char unlocks the achies seperate, I'm not totally sure what u mean by achies are char independant

on the emblems, indeed I also didn't saw then in the pictures, but heres hoping that there are more than shown and the Dunmer Houses emblems are included

They said a few times already that dyes ARE shared between characters on your own account, but cannot be sold to other players. :)

STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
    http://storm-cats.weebly.com/
    [Snowsong is using ROG G752VS on NA server.]
  • Locksoli
    Locksoli
    ✭✭
    I just hope you fix the world skills. When the game first came out, everybody was so excited that they could be vampires or werewolves. but when we actually got it, we were underwhelmed about it. Werewolves only get a limited time as a wolf, and their attacks are only good from level 25-40. Vampires used to be boss in pvp, but they were nerfed, and now they're only good for healing. The creatures of the night are seriously misrepresented.
    Edited by Locksoli on July 26, 2014 12:12AM
  • Mr.Turtlesworth
    Mr.Turtlesworth
    ✭✭✭✭
    ugh... Idk if armor dyes will keep me playing. I might have to unsub till some good content comes out xD
    I r robot
    hear me roar
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    When i played ESO , i've always felt that there are some thing is missing here . I haven't realized what it is until yesterday . The thing that is missing in ESO , the thing that make a game online become real game online , it's a Capital , a big City , where people can come back when they feel tired after a long journey to trade, to talk or just stand to show off their new armor. I want to mention that every game online have their own main city , Such as Stormwind and Orgrimmar in WOW . I hope that Zenimax will focus on their real weakness , sometime just a little thing can become a boundary between life and death