The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Tarantula pet

TGiordano92
TGiordano92
✭✭✭
I have now heard from a few people that full time beta participants received a spider pet, I do not see any pictures of this online or stating that it is true, anyone confirm or show pictures? I have never seen it.
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    The beta participants received a monkey pet, not a spider pet.
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @Tgiord1 - The spider pet you see people mentioning is a Dwemer spider quest reward from the quest Razak's Wheel. The quest was not working properly for a time, and people were not getting the reward. It was just fixed earlier this week so that those who complete the quest will get the spider pet. If you already completed the quest and did not get the pet, you can either wait until we push a retroactive fix in a future update where the pet will be sent to your in-game mail, or you can contact our Support Team and they will get it to you.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    @Tgiord1 - The spider pet you see people mentioning is a Dwemer spider quest reward from the quest Razak's Wheel. The quest was not working properly for a time, and people were not getting the reward. It was just fixed earlier this week so that those who complete the quest will get the spider pet. If you already completed the quest and did not get the pet, you can either wait until we push a retroactive fix in a future update where the pet will be sent to your in-game mail, or you can contact our Support Team and they will get it to you.

Totally forgot about that pet, I have 2 myself :')

Are pets able to be traded? If so, I wouldn't mind giving it to you OP
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not the one the OP is talking about. A few people on this board have said that they received a tarantula for participating in the earliest beta testing.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on July 23, 2014 9:44PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    That's not the one the OP is talking about. A few people on this board have said that they received a tarantula for participating in the earliest beta testing.

Sounds like someone's pulling your leg, then. The only pet we gave out for participating in alpha and beta was the monkey. There is no tarantula pet in the game. We'd be interested in seeing a screenshot of what they're talking about.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Ah good to know as I never got the Dwemer pet upon completion of that quest. Thanks!
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • TGiordano92
    TGiordano92
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like someone's pulling your leg, then. The only pet we gave out for participating in alpha and beta was the monkey. There is no tarantula pet in the game. We'd be interested in seeing a screenshot of what they're talking about.

I had a feeling....Thank you :)
  • death_snakes
    death_snakes
    Soul Shriven
    Is there a current list of in game vanity pets? The ones I know of are:

Imgakin Monkey - Beta
    Scuttler - Explorer's Pack
    Nibenay Mudcrab - Imperial Edition
    Rufous Mudcrab - Mistake/Cash Shop(?)
    Bristlegut Piglet - Quakecon
    Guar - Guar Plushie on E-store
    Dwemer Spider - Quest
    Scrib - San Diego Comic Con
    Whiterun Wolfhound - Steam release
    Riften Wolfhound - Cash Shop(?)
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nope, definitely not... the only pet given out was a monkey for participating in any stress test night/weekend for 30 minutes or more, or being a Psijic tester by extension. An enormous number of people received the monkey since it had basically no requirement to earn ;).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a current list of in game vanity pets? The ones I know of are:

Imgakin Monkey - Beta
    Scuttler - Explorer's Pack
    Nibenay Mudcrab - Imperial Edition
    Rufous Mudcrab - Mistake/Cash Shop(?)
    Bristlegut Piglet - Quakecon
    Guar - Guar Plushie on E-store
    Dwemer Spider - Quest
    Scrib - San Diego Comic Con
    Whiterun Wolfhound - Steam release
    Riften Wolfhound - Cash Shop(?)

Anyway to get the scrib now? or is that a future event.
  • TGiordano92
    TGiordano92
    ✭✭✭
    Also still waiting on info how to get rufous