The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Patch v1.2.3 Known Issues

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the cause of the FPS drops in Cyrodiil, my money is on the interior lighting update. I dare any Zeni Rep to come in here and tell me it's not without any concrete evidence to back them up.

The quickest fix is to give us an On/Off option for Interior Lighting.

I'm not sure you meant to word it that way. You can't prove something doesn't exist. I am inclined to agree that it suspiciously does coincide. Correlation does not imply causation though.
    :trollin:
  • Vanathi
    Vanathi
    ✭✭✭
    @Kyoma You have to craft a new set of breaches along with the jerkin in order for breaches and jerkin to be displayed. Otherwise it still shows a robe. Something testing should have revealed.....
    "M'aiq was told to stay away from Oldgate. This confused him. M'aiq remembers when it was called Gate." M'aiq The Liar
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello there,

We've moderated the last comments.

We encourage discussions on the forums, but we do ask that all threads and posts created have a constructive goal.

Also please it would be appreciated that you format your posts in a good way so every users can read it. Is it allowed to use colors on the forums but this is not recommended.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on July 10, 2014 8:58PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_LenaicR

Would you be kind enough to find out if the unannounced, undocumented, Fiery Grip nerf was intentional?

• SkOODaT
    SkOODaT
    ✭✭✭
    "Thank you for your understanding" how can we thank you when we dont understand (Lack Of Information) lmao
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small speech bug:

When you need to choice who you wanna sacrifice to molag bal, Lyris says im gonna miss you Sai, even if you sacrifice Valan
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there,

We've moderated the last comments.

We encourage discussions on the forums, but we do ask that all threads and posts created have a constructive goal.

Also please it would be appreciated that you format your posts in a good way so every users can read it. Is it allowed to use colors on the forums but this is not recommended.

Thank you for your understanding.

the quest "a final release" is bugged, najepaa's corpse never spawns. please forward this to the dev team.

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    Small speech bug:

When you need to choice who you wanna sacrifice to molag bal, Lyris says im gonna miss you Sai, even if you sacrifice Valan
    Actually, she says sire not Sai in this case but you need to listen carefully to hear the difference; of course, without Sai the ambiguity doesn't exist.

Lyris mostly calls him 'sire' once his identify as the 'Prophet' is abandoned.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 14, 2014 11:00AM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    Small speech bug:

Actually, she says sire not Sai in this case but you need to listen carefully to hear the difference; of course, without Sai the ambiguity doesn't exist.

Lyris mostly calls him 'sire' once his identify as the 'Prophet' is abandoned.

oh thx for clearing that up @fromtesonlineb16_ESO :) were really hard to hear that for sure :)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    class101 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any news on the fishing achievement of the Starters island bugged ? I know them buggy since day 1 and been hoping to read it in the patch notes :( At least please, give a kick in the ass of the guys responsible of fishing, you say it is from class101 from France with love ;D
    We're working on a fix for this. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any news on the fishing achievement of the Starters island bugged ? I know them buggy since day 1 and been hoping to read it in the patch notes :( At least please, give a kick in the ass of the guys responsible of fishing, you say it is from class101 from France with love ;D

Gina, would you be kind enough to find out if the unannounced, undocumented, Fiery Grip nerf was intentional? Something....any kind of communication.....please....

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    WebBull wrote: »

Gina, would you be kind enough to find out if the unannounced, undocumented, Fiery Grip nerf was intentional? Something....any kind of communication.....please....

Yes. I actually just posted a message in one of the Fiery Grip threads, but can just copy/paste it here for you so you don't have to search for it:

We did recently make a change to Fiery Grip in patch 1.2.5 that was mistakenly not included in the patch notes as there is still an art-related fix to be made. We reduced the Y-axis (vertical distance variable) of this ability from 10m to 8.5m as we found that it was mitigating the defender’s advantage too heavily while in Cyrodiil. This change was also made to address an issue where some players were creating characters of opposing factions, and pulling themselves into keeps to bypass intended keep siege mechanics. We apologize for making this change to the mechanic without telling you; it was not our intent.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. I actually just posted a message in one of the Fiery Grip threads, but can just copy/paste it here for you so you don't have to search for it:

We did recently make a change to Fiery Grip in patch 1.2.5 that was mistakenly not included in the patch notes as there is still an art-related fix to be made. We reduced the Y-axis (vertical distance variable) of this ability from 10m to 8.5m as we found that it was mitigating the defender’s advantage too heavily while in Cyrodiil. This change was also made to address an issue where some players were creating characters of opposing factions, and pulling themselves into keeps to bypass intended keep siege mechanics. We apologize for making this change to the mechanic without telling you; it was not our intent.

Par for the course around here...one of the MANY reasons (although admittedly a minor one compared to the others) I've uninstalled and am just waiting for my sub time to expire. (Not long left- free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, I am free at last.) >:)
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LrdRahvin wrote: »

Par for the course around here...one of the MANY reasons (although admittedly a minor one compared to the others) I've uninstalled and am just waiting for my sub time to expire. (Not long left- free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, I am free at last.) >:)

It makes sense once it was explained. I trust that it was unintentionally left out. Not the most serious change if you ask me.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One-Shots in Cyrodiil: We’ve seen reports that some of you believe you are being one-shotted, but cannot determine how or why.

This isn't really fixed. There's currently some kind of bug or hack going around letting people get insanely high damage with the burning effect. Death recaps showing 1700 damage from burning followed by the light attack that would have caused the burning effect. Some even show 2900+
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    Below is a list of known issues for patch v1.2.3. Many of these are directly from your feedback and reports in-game and here on the official forums. Others are things we were working on before patch v1.2.3 and will roll out a fix for soon.

Thank you for helping us to identify these issues so quickly. You will see a status below each issue. We’ll update this thread as we have more info on each.

COMBAT & GAMEPLAY
    • Werewolf Devour: This ability reportedly still has a cooldown.
      • STATUS: This was caused by confusion from the patch notes - Devour can be used every 20 seconds, and previously had a cooldown that was much higher than intended.

I would like to know from the players that tested on the PTR whether this was ever tested and did it work on the PTR? If not I personally believe that the Devs cannot fix the problem, so the just change the patch notes so that they match the bad programming they did in an attempt to save face. If you cannot fix it, then just say so, don't change the patch notes and say it was a misunderstanding. You cannot save face now as the players have already see that your team lacks Program Management. The problems of this patch should have never happened in the first place, and if there was some issues, they should have never been this intense.

Now I know, well it seems like it any way, that whoever sets the priorities of fixes does not care at all about the Werewolf functionality.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Below is a list of known issues for patch v1.2.3. Many of these are directly from your feedback and reports in-game and here on the official forums. Others are things we were working on before patch v1.2.3 and will roll out a fix for soon.

Thank you for helping us to identify these issues so quickly. You will see a status below each issue. We’ll update this thread as we have more info on each.

COMBAT & GAMEPLAY
      • STATUS: This was caused by confusion from the patch notes - Devour can be used every 20 seconds, and previously had a cooldown that was much higher than intended.

I would like to know from the players that tested on the PTR whether this was ever tested and did it work on the PTR? If not I personally believe that the Devs cannot fix the problem, so the just change the patch notes so that they match the bad programming they did in an attempt to save face. If you cannot fix it, then just say so, don't change the patch notes and say it was a misunderstanding. You cannot save face now as the players have already see that your team lacks Program Management. The problems of this patch should have never happened in the first place, and if there was some issues, they should have never been this intense.

Now I know, well it seems like it any way, that whoever sets the priorities of fixes does not care at all about the Werewolf functionality.

It's pretty obvious that if they cared about werewolf functionality they never would have gimped them in the first place.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One-Shots in Cyrodiil: We’ve seen reports that some of you believe you are being one-shotted, but cannot determine how or why.

This isn't really fixed. There's currently some kind of bug or hack going around letting people get insanely high damage with the burning effect. Death recaps showing 1700 damage from burning followed by the light attack that would have caused the burning effect. Some even show 2900+

Actually its discovered to be reproducible by just about every skill that does damage.
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

COMBAT & GAMEPLAY

It's pretty obvious that if they cared about werewolf functionality they never would have gimped them in the first place.

Agreed. And Werewolf is still an bad joke for a World tree class compared to Vampire. Worst thing is: it MAY be looked at..so like never ever.
  • Sekkerhund
    Sekkerhund
    ✭✭
    I've found an interesting bug, and once I get a reliable repro method for one part of it, I will submit it via in-game tool. I would like to get my preliminary data tossed in here, so that QA can take a look ASAP while I try and isolate some stuff.

Basically, its a bug with the particle system. If I turn particles off (no, not turn down density, but turn them off via UserSettings.txt or using ESO Toolbox) by changing SET ParticlesEnabled "1" to SET ParticlesEnabled "0" then I lose my horse, its no longer drawn. If I press H, it seems like my horse skill is active, as I cannot cast, seem to move faster, and it fools the FTC addon into thinking that I'm using Stamina, even though my horse sprint bar is activated.

The other interesting thing that occurs, is that keep walls disappear. This is where I am having problems getting a reliable repro, but yes... entire structures will disappear. This happens mostly if I fiddle with this bug in Cyrodiil, the tower at a Keep farm completely disappeared and I appeared to be standing in midair, although I could still see the exit door and go up invisible stairs... but the entire structure was rendered invisible.

I don't understand why my Horse no longer renders (Imperial, not tested others) and structural walls disappear if I disable Particles. That doesn't seem right and may just explain some of the other issues we've been seeing.

Almost all of my client freezing and stuttering occurs around structures and I know that some spell particles are causing issues, so there could be a connection. Especially if I can affect structures more easily in Cyrodiil than in other zones.

Actually, I'm just going to log in and repost this as my bug report, because I don't think I am going to get a consistent repro with making structure walls disappear. It seems to happen if I make changes that has to rebuild ShaderCache.cooked, but again, I can't make it happen reliably.

If anyone else wants to try and play around with this and bug their findings, I suggest using the ESO Toolbox addon so you can enable and disable particles on the fly, without having to exit game and edit the UserSettings file every few minutes.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sekkerhund wrote: »
    I've found an interesting bug, and once I get a reliable repro method for one part of it, I will submit it via in-game tool. I would like to get my preliminary data tossed in here, so that QA can take a look ASAP while I try and isolate some stuff.

Basically, its a bug with the particle system. If I turn particles off (no, not turn down density, but turn them off via UserSettings.txt or using ESO Toolbox) by changing SET ParticlesEnabled "1" to SET ParticlesEnabled "0" then I lose my horse, its no longer drawn. If I press H, it seems like my horse skill is active, as I cannot cast, seem to move faster, and it fools the FTC addon into thinking that I'm using Stamina, even though my horse sprint bar is activated.

The other interesting thing that occurs, is that keep walls disappear. This is where I am having problems getting a reliable repro, but yes... entire structures will disappear. This happens mostly if I fiddle with this bug in Cyrodiil, the tower at a Keep farm completely disappeared and I appeared to be standing in midair, although I could still see the exit door and go up invisible stairs... but the entire structure was rendered invisible.

I don't understand why my Horse no longer renders (Imperial, not tested others) and structural walls disappear if I disable Particles. That doesn't seem right and may just explain some of the other issues we've been seeing.

Almost all of my client freezing and stuttering occurs around structures and I know that some spell particles are causing issues, so there could be a connection. Especially if I can affect structures more easily in Cyrodiil than in other zones.

Actually, I'm just going to log in and repost this as my bug report, because I don't think I am going to get a consistent repro with making structure walls disappear. It seems to happen if I make changes that has to rebuild ShaderCache.cooked, but again, I can't make it happen reliably.

If anyone else wants to try and play around with this and bug their findings, I suggest using the ESO Toolbox addon so you can enable and disable particles on the fly, without having to exit game and edit the UserSettings file every few minutes.

Even if all of this were true, why are we debugging the game for them? This isn't beta and last I checked we were paying them not the other way around. It's nice that some of you seem to be having fun with this, but the rest of us would just like to play a stable game.
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. If you're experiencing an "unknown error" in Stormhaven (Windridge Cave) where you are also unable to log back into the game on that character, we have a fix that will be included in patch 1.2.6. The original thread post has been updated to reflect that information. In the meantime, if you're currently unable to log into the game on that character, please contact our Support Team so they can move your character to a safe location.

Thanks for your patience!
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • LadyPhaedra13
    Hey there, everyone. If you're experiencing an "unknown error" in Stormhaven (Windridge Cave) where you are also unable to log back into the game on that character, we have a fix that will be included in patch 1.2.6. The original thread post has been updated to reflect that information. In the meantime, if you're currently unable to log into the game on that character, please contact our Support Team so they can move your character to a safe location.

Thanks for your patience!

Thank you, Jason! This problem is happening to my orc. I have reported it to Support. I'm glad it will be getting fixed in the upcoming patch.

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I have completed 99% of the map in craglorn, only missing shada tears

But the Achievement called:

Lower Craglorn Cave Delver
    I have no complete at all, even though my whole map is white
  • Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    Is the first post of this thread still being updated? Or should we move any items still showing as Yellow/Red to a new "Patch v.1.2.6 Known Issues" thread?
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weapons swap bug is back!! Needs fixing ASAP!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Woogawoman wrote: »
    Is the first post of this thread still being updated? Or should we move any items still showing as Yellow/Red to a new "Patch v.1.2.6 Known Issues" thread?
    Actually just went through and updated the original post. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Woogawoman wrote: »
    Actually just went through and updated the original post. :)

Thanks for the update and letting us know. However, I feel I should ask, will there be a new 'Known Issues' thread once all the items on this one are complete?

I ask simply because I'm sure there are plenty of more known issues to tackle than the ones listed in this thread. I could list a few certainly.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll likely start a new Known Issues thread once Update 3 has been released.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Flamage
    Flamage
    Soul Shriven
    [*] Addon Settings: The add-on settings currently are not working as intended.
    [/list]

I know you guys have been updating the known issues list, but the status on this particular item is still under investigation. It has been a month now since this bug went live, and it has a SEVERE impact on some add-ons, mine especially (Librarian). This bug along with the change to storing long strings in saved variables (which was also broken) means that if a user loads my addon without manually editing their saved variable file, they will lose ALL data in the addon, meaning every book they have ever seen in game. For a lot of lore nerds like myself, this is devastating. Eidetic Memory is not a fallback as it is still broken and shows that my character has read less than half of the books my addon can prove that I've seen in-game. I have intentionally avoided updating my addon to any APIs after 1.2.2 for fear that I would be destroying thousands of users' data. This bug has also broken the UserID field on the Contacts screen.

I know that this issue has probably been prioritised very low, so I'm hoping that by posting here I may be able to increase this issue's visibility. Internally it may not have any significant impact on the game, but for many addon developers it is a serious concern. I've got 18,000 downloads of my addon and it has been languishing for weeks while I hope for a resolution with every patch.

And if in fact it isn't a bug and is intended, please PLEASE let us developers know, so we can code around the issue rather than waiting for a fix that will never appear.