The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "A Guar of Your Own"

• Ganacampo
    Ganacampo
    ✭✭✭
    I love guars.

I also would maybe be willing to pay for an in-game guar.

But I don't like this plush guar and wouldn't want it.
    They should be selling the in-game guar seperately.
  • epoling
    epoling
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen so many different products sold over the years with "in-game" codes attached. I don't understand all the fuss. There MMO magazines that have given away exclusive appearance gear for years. It's the same idea. It's not an in-game cash store or anything, just a nice little freebie thrown in if you buy the plushie.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cute. Can we get guar pets in game without buying it?
    This!

I got so tired of SWTOR selling mini-pets and vanity items I wanted in the game only via purchases out of the game. Agreed for them it was made yet worse by the items being time cards via US Amazon only.

I have no problem with vanity items in a cash ship like pets, mounts, costumes (no stats disguise ones) etc. but please make these purchasable via your cash shop stand alone and not exclusive to physical items we don't want.

Edit.
    ApantosMithe GamingHeads The in-game #ESO Guar pet code is on located on the tag that comes with the plush itself.
    So that's a no you have to buy this thing to have every collectable in the game.
    Also in regards to the EU shipping, please don't go down the route so many US based MMO companies do where you give a giant FU to anyone outside the states. $16 shipping is just wow... thanks for caring.
    Edited by Turelus on July 15, 2014 9:04PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't really say I'm a fan of this. If this was LoL or another F2P game, I'd have zero problem with it, as I understand businesses need to make money to survive and continue producing the content I consume. But, this is ESO, a subscription based game, and I'm paying $15 a month along with the $60 box price to play it. I feel like these little vanity items should be available in purchase in-game for in-game gold.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    epoling wrote: »
    I have seen so many different products sold over the years with "in-game" codes attached. I don't understand all the fuss. There MMO magazines that have given away exclusive appearance gear for years. It's the same idea. It's not an in-game cash store or anything, just a nice little freebie thrown in if you buy the plushie.

The problem is there are a lot of people (like myself) who want to collect all the little in game item extras that exist for a game. However when items in game are attached only to an out of game product you don't want, is only within a single region or shipping outside of that region is expensive it really sucks.

I personally have no problems at all with an in game cash shop for vanity items, however I want all in game items to be something I can get from the game itself either via gameplay rewards or the games cash shop, not an out of game exclusive code.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • tooster22000b14_ESO
    tooster22000b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Wouldn't the pet probably be a bantam guar? That's my guess.
  • pierceoftheender
    Question, is the In-Game guar an actual size of a guar or is it like my profile picture, a bantam guar.
    I really would not mind either one
    A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    If you order it from the gamingheads site, the shipping costs are half that of Bethesda's
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish companies offering stuff like this would think outside America. I would have happily considered this if I wasn't going to be punished monetarily for living anywhere but America. It's not really fair to ask non-Americans to pay nearly twice as much for the same item.

I'll pass for now and stick with my monkey and crabs!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Aortick
    Aortick
    ✭✭✭
    37 and just Bought a Stuffed Animal off the interweb..........for my Daughter, yeah for her.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there's no way this will come in the cash shop? I really don't feel like buying a plush Guar, however cute it is, i do want a Guar vanity pet though.

So getting the ingame one without buying this would be wonderful. :)
    PC EU
  • DaGhostDS
    DaGhostDS
    ✭✭✭
    That look awesome :D
    Scared of custom cost tho.. UPS and fedex are a *** -_- 14$ shipping not likely even with custom free.
    Edited by DaGhostDS on July 15, 2014 11:13PM
  • mochkucmo
    mochkucmo
    Soul Shriven
    I'm in Alaska and I had to pay $12 for shipping, but I guess no one is forcing me to buy it, probably would have to wait a month for the redeem code.
    -We're friends, yes?-
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm tempted to get one because guar plushie. :3 But guys, $34 for an vanity pet? Come on. Put this thing in the cash shop, don't force people to buy the plushie if they want only the pet. Or better yet, let us buy it for in-game gold, but I guess it's too much to ask for.
    RoseVex wrote: »
    If you order it from the gamingheads site, the shipping costs are half that of Bethesda's
    Standard Shipping to Poland - $40
    Uhm, I don't think I'll be using this site. :|
    Edited by Rosveen on July 16, 2014 1:46AM
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    eew, I don't find it cute, Iam the only one who thinks it's ugly. I've ordered plenty of things online from Australia and generally get a $10+ charge for postage on overseas orders. It's because of distance it has to travel to get to you.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm guessing this will be another pet you only get one of and you have to put it in the bank so another of your toons can use it. How about letting all your toons each have one. You can get it in your mail when you make a new toon. If that was the case I would buy it.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great antidote for spouse agro!
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheres my wamasu?!?!?!

racists
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is curious if this "guar" code is just a scuttler?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ill be buying this plush pet. I love it. I also have the DOOM plushes which are awesome (still waiting for a pinky demon plush though).

The guar is awesome and it will fit in my man-cave.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • impgirl
    impgirl
    ✭✭
    $16 for shipping and then don't forget that Customs will slap VAT on the *total* price and demand you cough up the extra before you can have it. I ordered a shirt from Jinx once. Never again - find a UK importer.
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I'm tempted to get one because guar plushie. :3 But guys, $34 for an vanity pet? Come on. Put this thing in the cash shop, don't force people to buy the plushie if they want only the pet. Or better yet, let us buy it for in-game gold, but I guess it's too much to ask for.
    RoseVex wrote: »
    Standard Shipping to Poland - $40
    Uhm, I don't think I'll be using this site. :|

I probably should have mentioned that was for UK shipping
    Bethesda was $16 whereas gamingheads was $8.50

Just looked at the shipping rates for Poland and Bethesda is indeed cheaper so I guess it just depends on where you are
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    impgirl wrote: »
    $16 for shipping and then don't forget that Customs will slap VAT on the *total* price and demand you cough up the extra before you can have it. I ordered a shirt from Jinx once. Never again - find a UK importer.

Had this same thing also once. Ordered from .co.uk site but the stuff came from US. So there was nice bill waiting for me in customs to pick stuff up (customs fee+vat).

For a global game like this I'm also hoping that they do open up some distribution centers outside US so us EU people would not get so screwed.

Limit in Finland to buy outside EU is about 22eur (30 USD) anything over that and you will get at least VAT 24% added based on full price.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Madval
    Madval
    ✭✭✭
  • impgirl
    impgirl
    ✭✭
    I know! Pack the servers with plushie guars when you move them to Frankfurt and distribute them from there! ;)
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    Man, I need it! Grrr, really need to scrounge up 20 bucks...
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    impgirl wrote: »

Had this same thing also once. Ordered from .co.uk site but the stuff came from US. So there was nice bill waiting for me in customs to pick stuff up (customs fee+vat).

For a global game like this I'm also hoping that they do open up some distribution centers outside US so us EU people would not get so screwed.

Limit in Finland to buy outside EU is about 22eur (30 USD) anything over that and you will get at least VAT 24% added based on full price.

Wow, I had no idea how badly people in Europe and elsewhere are getting screwed because of VAT taxes. I hope for your sakes I hope they do open up some sort of shipping/ distribution center in Europe for you guys.

"We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Devolus
    Devolus
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article A Guar of Your Own. How can you resist that little face! :3

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Can we please get a screenshot of the pet Guar in-game?
    "The day I start considering people's feelings before speaking my mind is the day my efficacy as a politician comes to an end. When that day comes, just kill me outright, I beg of you."
    -Abnur Tharn
  • Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    No one is curious if this "guar" code is just a scuttler?
    Oh, I definitely am. The plushie is cute, but I'm not buying until there's some sort of confirmation that the in-game pet is also a guar. I haven't seen that explicitly anywhere yet.
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
  • Devolus
    Devolus
    ✭✭✭
    Second time I've asked in this thread for a screenshot (among other posters).... still no response from a Green Name ¬_¬
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_KaiSchober‌
    Edited by Devolus on July 16, 2014 10:28PM
    "The day I start considering people's feelings before speaking my mind is the day my efficacy as a politician comes to an end. When that day comes, just kill me outright, I beg of you."
    -Abnur Tharn