The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch 1.2.4 Werewolf 100% proc intended?

jeradlub17_ESO
jeradlub17_ESO
✭✭✭
From 1.2.4 notes on Silver Bolts:
"However, if you are specifically in werewolf form, this ability will still proc at 100%."

Um WTH are you guys at ZOS thinking? You give werewolf yet another disadvantage compared to vamp? Seriously that is intended? Are you all smoking something there? I'm not a ww and don't want to be but good lord. I feel bad for those guys. Their abilities don't work anywhere near like they should and now you make it even more disadvantageous to be a ww than a vamp.

I just don't get what in the world is going through the minds of the people making decisions for the future of this game. It's like they put up a dartboard with all the worst decisions they could possibly make for a given week and throw darts to pick which one to do next.
- Dallamar, Sorc, EP
- Krushim of KrushimTV on Youtube and Twitch
- https://www.youtube.com/c/KrushimTV
- http://www.twitch.tv/krushim
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm yeah ... what I was thinking was that maybe they meant it still happens in WW form and they are working on a fix, but didn't clarify. @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ is there anything official on this? While I haven't brought a WW into Cyrodiil in some time, only vamp and chars who were neither, I don't ever recall there being a 100% chance on something like that. Maybe it was there all along, but it definitely doesn't seem so and I agree OP, that's not a good call at all. However the other fixes were well received, thanks ZOS!
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It reads as WAI but the skill doesn't imply that and it would, indeed, be ludicrous if it's intended. I doubt it was but, like many things these guys give up on, it becomes WAI as a fix. The "fix" becomes a tooltip change.

Hopefully this is not one of those situations. I would love to see WWs running around in Cyrodiil at some point and not feel the urge to laugh at how easily they're about to be mushed.
  • shanersimms_ESO
    shanersimms_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    "However, if you are specifically in werewolf form, this ability will still proc at 100%."

Um WTH are you guys at ZOS thinking? You give werewolf yet another disadvantage compared to vamp? Seriously that is intended? Are you all smoking something there? I'm not a ww and don't want to be but good lord. I feel bad for those guys. Their abilities don't work anywhere near like they should and now you make it even more disadvantageous to be a ww than a vamp.

I just don't get what in the world is going through the minds of the people making decisions for the future of this game. It's like they put up a dartboard with all the worst decisions they could possibly make for a given week and throw darts to pick which one to do next.

You do realize that this might not be intended but a part of the bug they haven't yet been able to resolve? Jump to conclusions much? I think the real question is WTH are YOU smoking? Lol

From the way I read it, and the way it was presented, it seemed this was a part of the bug that they are still working on. Considering how the mechanic works in PvE, nothing suggests this mechanic was ever supposed to proc 100% on anything...
    -Lord Shaszahan the Archmage, of The Septim Bloodline
  • Kiljaz
    Kiljaz
    ✭✭✭
    Never been a WW, never will be... Regardless of that, if this is by design... Trying to think of a nice thing to say... Can't think of it....
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea of a fully transformed WW being put down by a silver bolt is awesome. I hope they receive a buff to make up for the change, though. If it's intended, that is.
    Edited by BBSooner on June 30, 2014 4:13PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only when you are actively transformed into Warewolf and if you have the two passives from the fighter's guild.

Having Silver Bolts on your bar for the rare chance that you can grab someone in WW form doesn't seem that viable to me.

Not a WW and never will be so maybe its a personal bias, but what's the big deal?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It simply cannot be intended. The vampires will tell you why 100% is absolutely ridiculous. On top of that WW is and always has been a complete and utter joke in this game. Ever wondered why you never see them in Cyrodiil?

I've held off curing mine in the hopes that WW would be made viable one day, but with the increase to poison damage, the lack of fixes and even comments from devs on WW tells me they simply don't give a sh*t.
  • Omnevolus
    Omnevolus
    ✭✭✭

....Well....they're.....um.....SILVER!!!
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since most werewolves are in their human form (you know why - because ww ist still vastly underperforming), nobody seemed to realize, that this vamp-killing bug affects us too. But ONLY if we are actually in werewolf form! Since we are VERY rarely in animal form in pvp, it hasn't been noticed yet.
    But they are trying to get a fix, so this might be some useful information.
    To add to this, the fix for this is currently in testing, and we hope to get it out next week with patch 1.2.5 so the issue with Silver Shards will be completely fixed.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/115966/silverbolts-silvershards-fighters-guild-active-skill-are-affecting-werewolves-too
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭

I tend to agree with you, but then if you think about it this is brought to you by the people that started the class nerfs with a stealth nerf to the weakest class. Makes no sense. And no I'm not a WW but nothing should be a one shot.
  • Omnevolus
    Omnevolus
    ✭✭✭
    Silver...
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You do realize that this might not be intended but a part of the bug they haven't yet been able to resolve? Jump to conclusions much? I think the real question is WTH are YOU smoking? Lol

From the way I read it, and the way it was presented, it seemed this was a part of the bug that they are still working on. Considering how the mechanic works in PvE, nothing suggests this mechanic was ever supposed to proc 100% on anything...
    There is no jumping to conclusions. Read the notes . That is the way they stated it. They did not say still working on that one. They did not say anything else indicating that was an unresolved bug. The way you read it was neither stated by them nor implied in any shape or form. That was based totally on your own preconceptions and assumptions. I don't put words in their mouth they don't speak but you are. And to say oh well thats too much for vamps but not for ww just isn't a fair gameplay decision even though mythologically it's correct since there is no one shot kill for vamps any longer. If that is the route they are going to go there should be a one shot wooden stake shooter for vamps. Not that I think anyone should have to deal with being one shot, it sucks.
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
  • fambaab16_ESO
    fambaab16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Omnevolus wrote: »

....Well....they're.....um.....SILVER!!!
    Then I want to kill vampis with it 100% too because I know hes a vamp when he goes invisible from time to time and launches little batmans?

Poof!
    Edited by fambaab16_ESO on June 30, 2014 4:27PM
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Since most werewolves are in their human form (you know why - because ww ist still vastly underperforming), nobody seemed to realize, that this vamp-killing bug affects us too. But ONLY if we are actually in werewolf form! Since we are VERY rarely in animal form in pvp, it hasn't been noticed yet.
    To add to this, the fix for this is currently in testing, and we hope to get it out next week with patch 1.2.5 so the issue with Silver Shards will be completely fixed.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/115966/silverbolts-silvershards-fighters-guild-active-skill-are-affecting-werewolves-too

So it's NOT intended and they're working on a fix. Nothing to see here. ;)

I really wish they'd do a better job with patch notes (vague and missing/stealth nerfs/fixes).
  • shanersimms_ESO
    shanersimms_ESO
    ✭✭✭

There is no jumping to conclusions. Read the notes . That is the way they stated it. They did not say still working on that one. They did not say anything else indicating that was an unresolved bug. The way you read it was neither stated by them nor implied in any shape or form. That was based totally on your own preconceptions and assumptions. I don't put words in their mouth they don't speak but you are. And to say oh well thats too much for vamps but not for ww just isn't a fair gameplay decision even though mythologically it's correct since there is no one shot kill for vamps any longer. If that is the route they are going to go there should be a one shot wooden stake shooter for vamps. Not that I think anyone should have to deal with being one shot, it sucks.

The notes do not indicate with clarity one way or the other. This is my point. You seem assured by your criticism in your post that it is indeed intended. I'm saying that's not the way I read it, but conceptions aside, there is no clarity one way or the other in the post... again my point.

I do agree no one should be one shot, as I'm sure the devs likely agree.

• Syrrisdevlin
    Syrrisdevlin
    ✭✭
    •Note: This ability works properly against all vampires and werewolves in human form.
    However, if you are specifically in werewolf form, this ability will still proc at 100%.
    WTF are you FREAKIN serious In what world is this OK as is you never see any WW in pvp because they SUCK I mean seriously when was the last time any one see a WW in pvp let alone a pack of them as they were intended btw that in its self is a game breaker getting 4-5 peeps all triggering their ww form at the exact same time takes a lot of time and organizing and then to top it off they only get 30sec of ravage time but now you got it so they can get 1shotted by 2skill point?? so let me get this straight a VR12 with rank 10 ww and max what 16 SP invested in the ww form can get 1-2 shotted by a lvl 10 with only 2 skill points spent??
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

I didn't see that Sam. They should have placed that text in the actual patch notes cause they didn't even allude to that. Good find. Curious as to why is a two part fix like that but at least it won't be unfair for the ww guys other than they have to wait a bit longer.
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    Silver Shards: This ability is doing more damage than it should be.
    STATUS: Fixed with patch 1.2.4 with one exception as noted in the patch notes. Exception will be fixed in 1.2.5.

from the 1.2.3 known issues listing
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called SILVER bolts for a reason. Silver kills Werewolves.
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, apologies for the confusion! The 100% proc rate against werewolves is absolutely not intended, and is a known issue with Silver Bolts which we plan on fixing next Monday with 1.2.5. We'll edit the patch notes to reflect this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, apologies for the confusion! The 100% proc rate against werewolves is absolutely not intended, and is a known issue with Silver Bolts which we plan on fixing next Monday with 1.2.5. We'll edit the patch notes to reflect this.

Well this clarifies things at least...
    EU | PC | AD
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

That is good to know cause those poor guys don't need anymore disadvantages. Though after they get fixed I may come to regret that statement. LOL
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
  • shanersimms_ESO
    shanersimms_ESO
    ✭✭✭

To the OP, guess my "preconceptions" were right eh? It's bad publicity to chuck around accusations of poor development designs until we know for sure what was intended. I wish people would keep this in mind more often.

Thanks for the clarification and hope to see the rest of the bug resolved soon.
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

The notes do not indicate with clarity one way or the other. This is my point. You seem assured by your criticism in your post that it is indeed intended. I'm saying that's not the way I read it, but conceptions aside, there is no clarity one way or the other in the post... again my point.

I do agree no one should be one shot, as I'm sure the devs likely agree.
    My criticism was based on their presentation as a simple statement of that's the way it is with no implication that there is a problem with it in it's current state. They need to communicate better plain and simple. But as Sam found above and ZOS verified above it is an unresolved bug not being fixed all in one shot for some reason. One of those two notes should have been in the patch notes. But at least it is known and clarified.
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to know that the proc rate for Werewolves in form isn't intended. That would be overly punishing to a exponentially underpowered skill line.

Thanks for the head's up!
  • Syrrisdevlin
    Syrrisdevlin
    ✭✭
    I have to agree I should not have to wander around and explore the forums to check every single note on patch notes to see if there is still bugs with something they should have stated its still not WAI and what exactly is fixed and not fixed I want to spend hours exploring in the game not in the forums
  • Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's welcome news that this is unintended.

As it happens, the werewolf skill line is simply poor game design at its most fundamental level. The entire tree is completely useless from top to bottom, and no player who has even the faintest understanding of the game would ever actually use it.

This is good because since nobody in their right mind would be a werewolf, it doesn't matter what happens until it is completely revamped.

Turning into a werewolf looks cool. That's it. In all other respects it is mathematically inferior with regard to offense, defense, survival and utility. It's just bad. If the werewolf ultimate were free, it would still not be worth using.

With luck the development team will simply scrap the whole thing and start over.
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you check the patch notes again it's been updated with the werewolf silver bolts is not intended and is expected to be fixed next week

Oops. I see someone already mentioned that
    Edited by Auric_ESO on June 30, 2014 6:42PM
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

To the OP, guess my "preconceptions" were right eh? It's bad publicity to chuck around accusations of poor development designs until we know for sure what was intended. I wish people would keep this in mind more often.

Thanks for the clarification and hope to see the rest of the bug resolved soon.

Hey GinaBruno, can you also tell us if you are going to remove the cooldown on devour? The latest patch was supposed to remove its cooldown and limit its utilisation to once per corpses but somehow it didn't got implemented ingame.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's bad publicity to chuck around accusations of poor development designs until we know for sure what was intended.

Sorry, but you'll understand if we're a bit skeptical of their decisions considering they've made some pretty bad ones in the past.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer