The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

REQUEST- please let us craft jerkins!

• djynn1_ESO
    Both male and female light armor wearers should have the choice to wear pants.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    djynn1_ESO wrote: »
    Both male and female light armor wearers should have the choice to wear pants.

You do wear Trousers, they are under the robe, but it would be nice to see those Trousers.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on June 15, 2014 8:15PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Zyffyr
    Zyffyr
    Soul Shriven
    hk11 wrote: »
    Or even full on costume slots. If we have to wear cloth, let us at least have the illusion of armor of our choosing.

Just to avoid wearing a dress, I have kept my Phaer Mercenary Disguise to hide my looks in a fake suit of Leather.

Yes, I would rather look like I am wearing low level leather than another silly dress.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyffyr wrote: »
    hk11 wrote: »
    Or even full on costume slots. If we have to wear cloth, let us at least have the illusion of armor of our choosing.

Just to avoid wearing a dress, I have kept my Phaer Mercenary Disguise to hide my looks in a fake suit of Leather.

Yes, I would rather look like I am wearing low level leather than another silly dress.

I admit to this on one sorc 'toon, but I've since gone another way with others.

We're 'advised' to mix one piece of each ot the other two armors in with our main type to get at least some XP in all lines while leveling.
    So I just went with a leather Jack instead of the bathrobe/dress.

Sure, I'm losing 2%, but I'm retaining what slights shards of dignity I still possess.....
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm literally about to craft a medium chest solely to get rid of the dress I'm wearing, I really hope crafting jerkins is added in sometime soon.

rip decibel
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still want to craft Jerkins or Tunics, it really needs to be added.

But as a second idea, allow us to craft the robes without the panel in front of the legs, so they look like long coats. I could live with that instead of these dresses.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Butcherboy
    Butcherboy
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get heavy robes too? I actually like skirts >.>
    Check out our Guildex page!
    Do you PvP? You should check EsoStats first!
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll be able to craft jerkins in 1.2.2
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screw you guys in your light armour with staffs! You want the benefits AND look cool at the same time? No, you get the advantage and we get to laugh at you wearing a frilly frock.

It's the only way to keep things fair! :p
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »
    Is this post a Troll, or are you just 'jerkin' us off?

lol

;)

Lol awsome

• Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    lovESOng wrote: »
    Yes please. During leveling i wore a jerkin and really liked it. I was sad to have to let it go when I crafted my max lvl armor.

I know your pain.
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We've got good news! When our next content update is released next week, you will be able to craft light jerkins.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've got good news! When our next content update is released next week, you will be able to craft light jerkins.

That is impressive.
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭

Er...wow!
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • Kulrig
    Kulrig
    ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huQoDlHmqrE
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LEEEROOOY... oh, wait.. jerkins... nvm...
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erm, still stunned... this is the most successful threads of all, isn't it? And boy do I love me some jerkins! :#
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • LordEcks
    LordEcks
    ✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    lovESOng wrote: »
    I would even settle with an option to hide those ridiculous thingies floating at the side of your thighs.

^ This , so this! ^

I really hate those 'thigh plates' flapping around! They spoil the look of a nice robe as it is.

We have 'hide helmet' already - how about adding 'hide skirt' 'hide pauldrons' and 'hide thighplate' ? That would allow a bit more customisation without having the character running around nekkid!

Pressing Alt F4 multiple times toggles the [Hide Graphics] option.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the greatest
    threads of all
    is happening to me

I can craft jerkins
    and I craft
    them all only for me
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭

Great! I've been waiting for this.
    Edited by Brandoid on June 19, 2014 3:41AM
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭

TY Gina! ZoS response + good news to boot. Great to hear!
    www.dragontears.boards.net
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since everyone is wearing light armor, at least now it does not need to be a dress!
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we can craft light armor plated jerkins later on. How about we just call it armor and do away with silly categories like light/medium/heavy. But can invest in all trees at once. No need to tune down VR then. Easy fix!
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    Holy crap, thanks alot!

Dresses are not for men!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally! Woo hoo!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    So yea... instead of fixing manly armors, they are turning dresses into manly versions. I assume that is giving up on their part?
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    I had a thread on this a few weeks ago. I too much prefer the jerkin to the dress, and someone pointed out that the jerkin IS THE DRESS... minus the skirt!

The best and easiest solution, in my opinion, would be to just add a hide skirt check box right next to the hide helm checkbox.

As some others have pointed out, they should throw a hide floaty thigh things check box on there as well.
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭

omg omg omg omg AWESOME! <3<3<3 I have never liked the MMO skirts and now, soon, I don't have to rely upon light armor jerkins to randomly drop! What a glorious day! :D
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Great, thank you, quite a few of us have been wanting this.
    Fantastic, my sorceror won't look wrong any more (only class I use light armour on)
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That .. is stunning. Thank you.