The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Patch Notes v1.2.2

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.2.2 features fixes and adjustments to general combat and gameplay, skill line issues, quest and dungeon blockers, and a handful of itemization improvements.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Combat & Gameplay
General
  • Fixed an issue that was causing health bars to become desynced and not display the correct values.
  • Attack speed now correctly affects all weapons and weapon types.
  • Mundus Stone buffs are now working properly again.
  • Fixed an issue that was resulting in some monsters becoming invulnerable and unable to be attacked.
  • A small number of item set effects that were hitting more targets than intended have been corrected. The impacted sets are:
    • Ebon Armory
    • Hircine’s Veneer
    • The Worm’s Raiment
  • Fixed an issue where Veteran Rank 1 characters were unable to receive vendor loot (items with no use other than to sell).

Dragonknight
  • Earthen Heart
    • Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): This ability’s healing buff no longer stacks.
Sorcerer
  • Daedric Summoning
    • Summon Changed Atronach (Summon Storm Atronach morph): This ability’s tooltip no longer erroneously states that it deals 150% bonus damage.
    • Summon Storm Atronach: The Charged Lightning synergy associated with this ability now adds 150% bonus damage instead of a flat 150 damage.
  • Storm Calling
    • Endless Fury (Mages’ Fury morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was not properly restoring magicka when it landed the killing blow on an enemy.

Soul Magic
  • Soul Lock II: Corrected the tooltip for this passive ability so that it lists the right percentage in which it can automatically trap a soul in a Soul Gem upon weapon kills.

Vampire
  • Feed: We have removed the cooldown period for this ability. You can use Feed only once per enemy target.

Werewolf
  • Devour: We have removed the cooldown period for this ability. You can use Devour only once per corpse.

Undaunted
  • Overflowing Altar (Blood Altar morph): The Blood Feast synergy triggered by this ability no longer heals allies multiple times.

Dungeons & Group Content
Dungeons
  • Blackheart Haven
    • The Roost Mother will no longer sometimes become invisible while using certain abilities.
  • City of Ash
    • Fixed an issue where the entrance door for this dungeon was not working.
  • Crow’s Wood (Public Dungeon)
    • A Son’s Promise: You will no longer have to leave and re-enter the area in order to trigger Telbaril Oran to appear.
  • Crypt of Hearts
    • When exiting this dungeon, you will now appear right outside the dungeon instead of at the nearby Wayshrine.
  • Lion’s Den (Public Dungeon)
    • Everyone on the threat list for the champion-type monsters in the Lion’s Den will now receive proper credit towards the Lion’s Den Vanquisher and Lion’s Den Conqueror achievements.
Trials
  • Aetherian Archive
    • Fixed additional edge-cases where the teleport pads before the Foundation Stone Atronach could sometimes stop working.

Exploration & Itemization
General
  • Corrected an issue where alchemy solvent tooltips were displaying the incorrect level or Veteran Rank.
  • Updated the coloring of racial motif books so that their color better represents their rarity:
    • Playable race motifs (except Imperial) are blue.
    • NPC race motifs (Primal, Barbarian, Ancient Elf, and Daedric) are purple.
    • The Imperial racial motif is gold.

Quests
Craglorn
  • It is no longer possible to be knocked back into doors and become stuck in the Flame Atronach Lair section of Molavar.
  • Loot drops from chests, bosses, and daily quest containers will now grant rewards more appropriate for your character’s level.

Grahtwood
  • Eyes of Azura: It is no longer possible for Irrai to be killed while accompanying you on this quest.

Greenshade
  • Right of Theft: Examining General Malgoth’s skeleton will now consistently progress the quest.

Khenarthi’s Roost
  • Tears of the Two Moons: Fixed an issue where the completion of this quest was not correctly triggering the map marker for the Temple of the Mourning Springs Point of Interest to show as completed (turn white.)

Malabal Tor
  • Reap What Is Sown: Fixed an issue that was causing some people to get stuck on the quest step “Eavesdrop on the Drublog Shaman.”

Reaper’s March
  • A Traitor’s Luck: This quest will no longer become blocked if you log out of the game during it, or if Cariel becomes stuck.

Shadowfen
  • The Fangs of Sithis: Barvyn will now correctly reset if your character dies and you use a Wayshrine to revive.

Stonefalls
  • Restoring Order: Fixed an issue where Rhavil could repeatedly get stuck and reset.

The Rift
  • Geirmund’s Guardian: If you log out during the Thane’s speech, when you log back in Runehild will be present and you will be set to the “Talk to Runehild” step of this quest. Similarly, if you log out after completing this quest, Runehild will be present and available to grant the next quest when you log back in.
  • Smoke on the Horizon: Logging out during the steps for “Lead On, Claurth” or “I Know the Way” will no longer block this quest from being completed.

UI
General
  • Additional Guild Rank Modification, Guild Bank Gold Withdrawal/Depositing and Guild Heraldry had been published to the PTS in a previous patch. These features are still undergoing internal development, and have been disabled until we finish further testing and polish.

Guild Store
  • The Guild Store has had several updates done to make it easier to filter items:
    • It is now possible to filter by Veteran Rank ranges in the Guild Store. The button appears to the left of the level range label and, when clicked, will change the level range to a VR range.
    • Weapons and Armor can now be filtered by Trait.
    • Crafting materials can now be filtered more easily. This update adds support for more detailed criteria when looking for an item for a given profession.
      • For example, in Blacksmithing you can now specify what you’re looking for relevant to Blacksmithing: Motifs, Style Materials, a specific Armor/Weapon Trait, Raw Materials, Refined Materials, and Tempers.
    • Food is no longer listed in two places in the filters. It now only shows up under the Consumables category.
    • When performing a new filter, the page is reset to page 0.
    • When going to the next/previous page in filter results, the scroll bar now resets to the top of the page.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no fixes for stamina users. Huge letdown..
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the issue where mobs can be killed with no risk to myself or the ultimate filling when it shouldn't being addressed here.
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friendly reminder that just because its not in the patch notes, that doesn't mean that its not being worked on.

Carry on.
    The Psijic Order
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    I don't see the issue where mobs can be killed with no risk to myself or the ultimate filling when it shouldn't being addressed here.
    Could you elaborate on those two issues, please?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted last night in the 1.2.1 patch thread.

"Sir Puppington von Hat and I just went through the normal Crypt of Hearts quest with our vr12 template characters.

Two big issues:
    1. Several of the mobs did not move or fight back, including the last two bosses which are hard ones. It made that fight a cake walk.
    2. Our ultimates kept refilling. We were VR10 fighting level 27 to 30 mobs. I'm pretty sure this is not intended.

We did file bug reports, but these issues are important enough that I felt the need to report here as well."

I've seen the first issue several times on characters of different levels, including one or two in the wailing prison. I have tried to report it every time I've seen it.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Gotcha, thanks. We'll look into it now.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotcha, thanks. We'll look into it now.

Thanks so much for looking into these.

• JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I liek some of the things, the main reason, the grind of veteran is still untouched.. if this is the case when 1.2 hits, i am afraid ill quite. So I hope there is still something in the works that we do not know yet for 1.2!
    Why do people complain?
    ''Because players want to provide feedback and help shape a product they still see as having the potential to be great.''
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    We want a "Search" box on the Guild Store.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As mentioned in the most recent Road Ahead article from Matt, the Veteran system is something we're looking at improving, but please understand that it will take some time.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Combat & Gameplay
    General

Does this mean that bows properly gain attack speed from haste and the medium armor passive? I really hope so.

Secondarily, under the assumption that haste and all attack speed does indeed now work for bows, while that's a great change for NB and bow builds in general, I've overall been disappointed with how little has been addressed for NBs and to a greater extent stamina based dps in general during this PTS.

With that being said, I'm really excited about an attack speed fix, so keep up the good work, few fixes are better than no fixes ;)
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    We also want chat bubbles.
    The Sage said on reddit, quite some time ago, that you folks had them "... working internally ...".
    We want them.
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    OVERVIEW
    The Elder Scrolls Online v1.2.2 features fixes and adjustments to general combat and gameplay, skill line issues, quest and dungeon blockers, and a handful of itemization improvements.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Fixed an issue that was causing health bars to become desynced and not display the correct values.
    • Mundus Stone buffs are now working properly again.
    • Fixed an issue that was resulting in some monsters becoming invulnerable and unable to be attacked.
    • A small number of item set effects that were hitting more targets than intended have been corrected. The impacted sets are:
      • Ebon Armory
      • Hircine’s Veneer
      • The Worm’s Raiment
    • Fixed an issue where Veteran Rank 1 characters were unable to receive vendor loot (items with no use other than to sell).

Dragonknight
    • Earthen Heart
      • Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): This ability’s healing buff no longer stacks.
    Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
      • Summon Changed Atronach (Summon Storm Atronach morph): This ability’s tooltip no longer erroneously states that it deals 150% bonus damage.
      • Summon Storm Atronach: The Charged Lightning synergy associated with this ability now adds 150% bonus damage instead of a flat 150 damage.
    • Storm Calling
      • Endless Fury (Mages’ Fury morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was not properly restoring magicka when it landed the killing blow on an enemy.

Soul Magic
    • Soul Lock II: Corrected the tooltip for this passive ability so that it lists the right percentage in which it can automatically trap a soul in a Soul Gem upon weapon kills.

Vampire
    • Feed: We have removed the cooldown period for this ability. You can use Feed only once per enemy target.

Werewolf
    • Devour: We have removed the cooldown period for this ability. You can use Devour only once per corpse.

Undaunted
    • Overflowing Altar (Blood Altar morph): The Blood Feast synergy triggered by this ability no longer heals allies multiple times.

Dungeons & Group Content
    Dungeons
    • Blackheart Haven
      • The Roost Mother will no longer sometimes become invisible while using certain abilities.
    • City of Ash
      • Fixed an issue where the entrance door for this dungeon was not working.
    • Crow’s Wood (Public Dungeon)
      • A Son’s Promise: You will no longer have to leave and re-enter the area in order to trigger Telbaril Oran to appear.
    • Crypt of Hearts
      • When exiting this dungeon, you will now appear right outside the dungeon instead of at the nearby Wayshrine.
    • Lion’s Den (Public Dungeon)
      • Everyone on the threat list for the champion-type monsters in the Lion’s Den will now receive proper credit towards the Lion’s Den Vanquisher and Lion’s Den Conqueror achievements.
    Trials
    • Aetherian Archive
      • Fixed additional edge-cases where the teleport pads before the Foundation Stone Atronach could sometimes stop working.

Exploration & Itemization
    General
    • Corrected an issue where alchemy solvent tooltips were displaying the incorrect level or Veteran Rank.
    • Updated the coloring of racial motif books so that their color better represents their rarity:
      • Playable race motifs (except Imperial) are blue.
      • NPC race motifs (Primal, Barbarian, Ancient Elf, and Daedric) are purple.
      • The Imperial racial motif is gold.

Quests
    Craglorn
    • It is no longer possible to be knocked back into doors and become stuck in the Flame Atronach Lair section of Molavar.
    • Loot drops from chests, bosses, and daily quest containers will now grant rewards more appropriate for your character’s level.

Grahtwood
    • Eyes of Azura: It is no longer possible for Irrai to be killed while accompanying you on this quest.

Greenshade
    • Right of Theft: Examining General Malgoth’s skeleton will now consistently progress the quest.

Khenarthi’s Roost
    • Tears of the Two Moons: Fixed an issue where the completion of this quest was not correctly triggering the map marker for the Temple of the Mourning Springs Point of Interest to show as completed (turn white.)

Malabal Tor
    • Reap What Is Sown: Fixed an issue that was causing some people to get stuck on the quest step “Eavesdrop on the Drublog Shaman.”

Reaper’s March
    • A Traitor’s Luck: This quest will no longer become blocked if you log out of the game during it, or if Cariel becomes stuck.

Shadowfen
    • The Fangs of Sithis: Barvyn will now correctly reset if your character dies and you use a Wayshrine to revive.

Stonefalls
    • Restoring Order: Fixed an issue where Rhavil could repeatedly get stuck and reset.

The Rift
    • Geirmund’s Guardian: If you log out during the Thane’s speech, when you log back in Runehild will be present and you will be set to the “Talk to Runehild” step of this quest. Similarly, if you log out after completing this quest, Runehild will be present and available to grant the next quest when you log back in.
    • Smoke on the Horizon: Logging out during the steps for “Lead On, Claurth” or “I Know the Way” will no longer block this quest from being completed.

UI
    General
    • Additional Guild Rank Modification, Guild Bank Gold Withdrawal/Depositing and Guild Heraldry had been published to the PTS in a previous patch. These features are still undergoing internal development, and have been disabled until we finish further testing and polish.

Guild Store
    • The Guild Store has had several updates done to make it easier to filter items:
      • It is now possible to filter by Veteran Rank ranges in the Guild Store. The button appears to the left of the level range label and, when clicked, will change the level range to a VR range.
      • Weapons and Armor can now be filtered by Trait.
      • Crafting materials can now be filtered more easily. This update adds support for more detailed criteria when looking for an item for a given profession.
        • For example, in Blacksmithing you can now specify what you’re looking for relevant to Blacksmithing: Motifs, Style Materials, a specific Armor/Weapon Trait, Raw Materials, Refined Materials, and Tempers.
      • Food is no longer listed in two places in the filters. It now only shows up under the Consumables category.
      • When performing a new filter, the page is reset to page 0.
      • When going to the next/previous page in filter results, the scroll bar now resets to the top of the page.

And nothing for templars or stamina build improvements. Nada about provisioning and FYI if you are making imperial motifs gold then all purple recipes should be platinum. But since you don't have platinum gold will have to suffice. Definitely need an upgrade from purple though, because anything less than gold would be misleading. BTW, oats and tomatoes should be all hireling III brings you or at least 50/50. And, veteran zones still drop low level ingredients. No one cares about crafting low level recipes from other factions. If we wanted them we could roll an alt of that faction.

The leveling grind for veteran levels is still about 3X too slow. And the reward for finally getting a level is not there. Sorry, I don't consider a costume every 5 veteran levels a reward. And having to upgrade my armor to higher veteran gear isn't much of a reward. More of a chore. Could you at least give us a skill point and/or 10 stat points to spend?

Edited by Mortosk on June 16, 2014 8:54PM
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • Postumus
    Postumus
    What's up with Public Dungeon Group Acheivements not giving skill points? This has been an issue since release, well documented, never fixed.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »

This is the main thing that a guild store needs
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    GTech_1 wrote: »

This is the main thing that a guild store needs

Could also use a "There are no results" notice to let you know there really are no results because half the time it's just glitches out and you don't realize it. Like when you search all five of your Guild stores for purple provisioning recipes and never find any listings. Well, it would be good to know there's really no listings or the results just glitched out.
    Edited by Mortosk on June 16, 2014 9:08PM
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on a template or pre made toons for crafting testing? The road ahead said that enchanting was to be changed

perhaps providing the tools to test these forthcoming changes would be a good idea
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned in the most recent Road Ahead article from Matt, the Veteran system is something we're looking at improving, but please understand that it will take some time.

How hard would it be to multiply the XP veteran mobs and quests give by 2 or 3? Because, that one tiny change to the code would go a long way. You can fix the rewards later, but be sure to remember to retroactively reward everyone.
    Edited by Mortosk on June 16, 2014 9:18PM
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add experience for exploring and chests back in would also help.
  • Zerikin
    Zerikin
    Nothing for stamina builds?
  • JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭
    Mortosk wrote: »

How hard would it be to multiply the XP veteran mobs and quests give by 2 or 3? Because, that one tiny change to the code would go a long way. You can fix the rewards later, but be sure to remember to retroactively reward everyone.

I agree, it would maybe be a bandage but at least a decent one. If its ''on the road ahead'' then its far to late for me.
    Edited by JinShepard01 on June 16, 2014 9:27PM
    Why do people complain?
    ''Because players want to provide feedback and help shape a product they still see as having the potential to be great.''
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And nothing for templars or stamina build improvements. Nada about provisioning and FYI if you are making imperial motifs gold then all purple recipes should be platinum. But since you don't have platinum gold will have to suffice. Definitely need an upgrade from purple though, because anything less than gold would be misleading. BTW, oats and tomatoes should be all hireling III brings you or at least 50/50. And, veteran zones still drop low level ingredients. No one cares about crafting low level recipes from other factions. If we wanted them we could roll an alt of that faction.

The leveling grind for veteran levels is still about 3X too slow. And the reward for finally getting a level is not there. Sorry, I don't consider a costume every 5 veteran levels a reward. And having to upgrade my armor to higher veteran gear isn't much of a reward. More of a chore. Could you at least give us a skill point and/or 10 stat points to spend?

[/quote]

Your stats raise with each veteran Rank. then factor in better gear you can wear with each vet rank. your character is becoming quite stronger with each rank, its a noticable differnce in PVP with each rank. vet exp is fine, its something to keep you improving and aiming for, make exp any faster and it wont be an accomplishment to get to max rank
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Combat & Gameplay
    General

Does this mean that bows properly gain attack speed from haste and the medium armor passive? I really hope so.
    Yes, that's correct. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it would be simplicity itself to just tone down the mobs hp and damage by a percentage as an interim measure till you can do some meaningfull changes. after all , All you did initially was buff the entire zones by about 2x hp and 2x damage. why is it so complicated to just tone it down a bit

• Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    Templars are by far the worst class in the game. They're not even wanted in trials because Sorcs are better healers. Why would you want a templar healer when Sorcs have a Weapon Damage buff which increases Restoration healing. Templars cannot go to trials as DPS because they can only pull half the DPS of Sorcs, DKs, and NBs. There are serious issues with the Templar class ZOS and we need to hear you all acknowledge it before every Templar leaves the game. I've already seen 7 Templars on my friends leave the game within the past 2 weeks because they've yet to hear you all even acknowledge how bad Templars are in the game.
  • Amesiel
    Amesiel
    ✭✭✭
    Are the guys that work on stamina resource, werewolves and Templars on vacation? Is ZoS afraid to acknowledge that stamina users, werewolves and Templars are under performing right now? ZoS Can Templars get an independent forum post on things being worked on for them? Like how the Nightblades have one in the general forums?
    Edited by Amesiel on June 16, 2014 10:23PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Amesiel wrote: »
    Are the guys that work on stamina resource, werewolves and Templars on vacation? Is ZoS afraid to acknowledge that stamina users, werewolves and Templars are under performing right now? ZoS Can Templars get an independent forum post on things being worked on for them? Like how the Nightblades have one in the general forums?

No, we agree that all three need fixes and improvements, and are working on them. We're putting together the very type of comprehensive update post you mention. It'll go up this week, as soon as it' done.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay for the attack speed change :D any ETA on stamina build changes? Im currently not a warewolf but I would love to be one as well :D something ablut being part of a pack made it so fun in skyrim
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amesiel wrote: »

No, we agree that all three need fixes and improvements, and are working on them. We're putting together the very type of comprehensive update post you mention. It'll go up this week, as soon as it' done.

Thank you so, so much for the update. It makes it a lot easier to wait on bug fixes and improvements when we get confirmation that they are on someone's active to-do list.
    | GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    In that "Comprehensive" post can you also give an eta on the PTS player creation race limitations being fixed/improved. I would dearly like to create something that's atleast a little bit like my live toon, thanks for the hard work.

Ps: Don't forget the extra dagger ;)