The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Suggestion] Remove Ability to Link Items from COD Mails

Catches_the_Sun
Catches_the_Sun
✭✭✭✭✭
So, here is the scenario that just happened to me tonight. I was receiving offers for a purple recipe of mine & eventually agreed to sell via/COD for 9k gold. I sent the COD mail & after about 15 minutes of not receiving my money, I started to send the guy messages, of which he continued to ignore.

About an hour later, he links the item in a trade guild that I'm a member of, with WTS message & a 15k price. Please understand that my issue is not that he is profiting from the sale, as I couldn't care less about that. My issue is that he hasn't paid for the item & the current system allows him to link it for sale without technically owning it. I'm assuming he'll continue to link it for sale until he's able to make some money, whereas he'll pay for the item & make his profit. Otherwise, he'll just let the 3 days expire.

I would like to see the capability to link items from COD mails removed from the game. Technically, the person doesn't own the item until after they have paid the COD fees. This is a form of griefing, but an easy fix could remove it.
Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that is a great feature...
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    It's shady to say the least...but he is using the mechanics of the game. Hopefully this will be fixed. Along with all the other lingering issues of ESO.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He the guy you mailed the item to I s using this tactic to get rid of his competitor that's what I think, it is like under cutting only underhanded instead.
    Edited by Alurria on May 21, 2014 1:50AM
  • tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭
    I would have sent this complaint to a dev, putting things like that on forums just gives people the idea of doing it themselves.

Time limits on cods should be set by the sender e.g 1 hour it gets returned and we should have the ability to revoke cod's at anytime.

Any system that allows for griefing is bad

removing the ability to link the item doesnt solve the problem, they could still do it without linking, or just get a competitors item stuck in cod so they have no sale competition, or just straight up troll someone
    Edited by tanthil on May 21, 2014 2:19AM