The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

In-Progress Known Issues

• hamaneb18_ESO
    hamaneb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    "EU Server Lag – Some of you have been experiencing latency while playing on the European megaserver. This is something we are aware of and are actively investigating."

what is there to investigate? move the servers to EU!
  • Godimus
    Godimus
    Werewolf is pointless.. weak as ***.. weapon swapping is a lagfest. Fix it or give us an extra skill slot in our primary weapon build so we have only 1 extra. Fix deaths wind set.. and broken mundas stones...
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see some Nightblade love.
    I hadn't really noticed any major problems, but if I've been fighting the uphill battle without realizing it, the fixes should be a welcome addition.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Godimus wrote: »
    Werewolf is pointless.. weak as ***.. weapon swapping is a lagfest. Fix it or give us an extra skill slot in our primary weapon build so we have only 1 extra. Fix deaths wind set.. and broken mundas stones...

Uh, yeah.
    •Weapon Swapping – We’ve seen your feedback that weapon swapping lags during combat, and we are currently testing a fix that significantly improves the responsiveness. As this is caused by a number of different factors, we want to be confident in the change before pushing it live.

And this is just a quick notes post, there is a lot fixed in v1.1 as far as bugs, werewolves, and more.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see Eidetic Memory on the list! Any chance that any missable books/letters from quests will be auto-added to the full list as long as you've completed the relevant quests? I've probably missed quite a few by now.
  • nyanko_ESO
    Nothing, please delete this post.
    Edited by nyanko_ESO on May 16, 2014 1:26AM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix rapid gear decay please!

House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing about adding the correct level of provisioning mats to vet level area containers?

Or fixing excessive gear repair costs in a game that forces grind at vet levels.

Or giving players a decent amount of space to store the stuff they need to craft with/research...not to mention lack of space for social things like pets/trophies/costumes.

Or fixing the broken container loot and the pointless diminishing returns and nerfed drop rates which does nothing to stop the bots (just punishes players), instead actually helps the bots sell more motifs and gold in a broke ass economy where nobody but the exploiters and people who buy from the bots can get the things they want?
    Edited by babylon on May 16, 2014 2:40AM
  • Striken7
    Striken7
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Achievements – We are aware that some of you are having trouble acquiring all the achievements for Shadowfen and other areas. We plan to have this fixed in our next patch, and you will receive any previously missing achievements retroactively.
    [*] Nightblade – We have many fixes coming to the Nightblade in our next patch, including fixes to abilities and passives that weren’t working properly, and adjusting the responsiveness in high-intensity combat. We’ll continue to monitor the Nightblade after we push these fixes live.
    [*] Weapon Swapping – We’ve seen your feedback that weapon swapping lags during combat, and we are currently testing a fix that significantly improves the responsiveness. As this is caused by a number of different factors, we want to be confident in the change before pushing it live.

I'm happy to see these - they are some of the most important things to me personally. If these actually do hit the live server sometime soon, I will consider my 30 day renewal not wasted.

Please fix the remaining broken world bosses as well (a couple mentioned earlier) and I'll be much more pleased with the game.
  • flow.currypoteb17_ESO
    when i swap my weapons , the weapon stays on 2nd.. i cant swap back at 1st weapon anymore, yet the skill change, just the weapon dont. is this known issue? ...
  • dcorc
    dcorc
    Several of us are reporting losing quests from the compass, map, and journal. Is there any progress on fixing this?
  • CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    What about achievement "Lights of Meridia"?

More info about this achievement and how it's broken in this thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/76444/4-5-lights-of-meridia/p1
    Edited by CoUsT on May 16, 2014 2:26AM
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    just got to moonlit path glad to here it will be fixed soon ,will inform this mob of players in game now
  • OldSmeller
    OldSmeller
    ✭✭✭
    Uh... The US servers are also lagging really badly. Latency spikes at 6000ms regularly.
  • whsprwind
    whsprwind
    ✭✭✭
    Great post!

Can we also get some confirmation that Bangkorai Quests, Lesser Circle (Alik'r World Boss), Summoner's Camp (Bangkorai World Boss) and Daedroth Larder (Coldharbour World Boss) is also being looked into?
    NA(PC) - EP
    - Dragon Knight Amuro X

"Of course you're a victim... what are you going to do about it? Transcend your own suffering and be a good person!" -jbp
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    Feature Request: GMs should earn Achievements for the number of bots whacked.
  • Mousmoula
    Mousmoula
    Thank you for informing us. Just, please do it more often. You know sometimes it's not the bug that frustrates you, but the fact that you feel helpless and don't know if a fix is even been considered . KerinKor above is a good example of that. And btw the fixes that you just announced sounded like music in my ears :).
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oberon wrote: »
    • Werewolf Ultimate Pack Leader – Many of you have expressed concerns that this ultimate is not working properly. We have identified the root cause of this issue, and it will be fixed in our next patch.
    Many of us have expressed concerns that being in Werewolf form under any circumstances represents a significant dps and survivability loss.

Even if transforming were free, it is never, ever worth using. The entire skill line is badly in need of a complete redesign.

The only reason to have Werewolf at the moment is to slot the Werewolf Transformation ultimate so that the passive Blood Rage will function. This expends a precious ultimate slot that under no circumstances whatsoever will ever actually be used.

The devs have been tinkering with Werewolf (without exception to reduce its effectiveness, which is not possible for a skill line that is already awful), but they need to lose the "game designer hubris" on this one and just redo the entire line from scratch. Sometimes a bad design is just bad. This is one of those occasions.

Whist I agree the werewolf skill line needs some working and looking into, fixing crippling bugs in it will help a lot. It is as much as the Devs can do atm when there classes with almost as many problems as us wolves (nightblades).

I am sure that after rolling this first improvement / fix to the pack leader ultimate the dev team and the balance team will be able to mesure the difference in DPS and the flexibility of the skill tree. Other fixes should come, such as decreasing the ultimate cost (discussed for 1.1 pach), fixes to animation bugs ( no more getting stuck in pounce) etc. Maybe they will, at least, increase the damage scalling of the werewolf form, etc.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwraver wrote: »
    Ok, lets get real here, Zenimax, ok? I'm absolutely dumbfounded by the below statement.

- "Some of you have been experiencing latency while playing on the European megaserver."

Some of you?!? Do you even know what impact the distance between Europe (you know, as in European server?) and the US has on latency? Playing with 150+ ms with an already clunky combat system is absolutely horrible. I believe the future for your European ventures will rest on how quickly you move the server to.... drumroll.... Europe!

I am sorry, I understand the ping upsets you guys, but seriously... 150 ms is something you learn to handle in a MMO or any online game. I live in Brazil and have been playing MMOs formany years, getting to be very active in WoW, reaching a good position in my raiding balance druid... And I always had to deal with high ping (200ms more or less)... Always.

Don't use such small lag to excuse fail.
    Edited by Grao on May 16, 2014 5:28AM
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opsy, double post o.0
    Edited by Grao on May 16, 2014 5:27AM
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Godimus wrote: »

Fixing Mundu Stones has been announced as fixes that would be released in patch 1.1.

Please guys... It is good that devs came to the forum to actually talk to us, give us some information... If viciously attack them for doing their jobs though... Well, it is no wonder they don't try communicating more with the community... It is hard to talk to children.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of ways they could improve Weapon Swapping, and Weapon Swapping has little to do with lagfest, and more to do with the GCD that's hidden in the game.

If you want to see how the game would operate with less of a "animation" delay on Weapon Swapping, Go make you a Torugs Pact set bonus set right now.

For those who don't know, the set bonus reads reduces the delay between weapon enchantment cooldowns (the internal cooldown) by 1 second

however it doesn't currently do that, instead it reduces the cooldown on animations for Light and Heavy Attacks currently, Meaning light attack is slightly faster when swinging, and Heavy Attacks is way faster.

However..It also makes swapping weapons faster as well if you have the set bonus.

So fast that you can actually swap weapons and remain stealthed.
  • Brugun
    Brugun
    Hooray! Finally some fixes I care about
  • Jeggred
    Jeggred
    Soul Shriven
    Will Nightblades get a free skill reset with the bug fixes?
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    Nothing about adding the correct level of provisioning mats to vet level area containers?

Or fixing excessive gear repair costs in a game that forces grind at vet levels.

Or giving players a decent amount of space to store the stuff they need to craft with/research...not to mention lack of space for social things like pets/trophies/costumes.

Or fixing the broken container loot and the pointless diminishing returns and nerfed drop rates which does nothing to stop the bots (just punishes players), instead actually helps the bots sell more motifs and gold in a broke ass economy where nobody but the exploiters and people who buy from the bots can get the things they want?

All working as intended.

Repair costs.....don't die
    Inventory space.....buy more
    Container loot....hadn't noticed a change and motifs are cheap as chips on the market so just buy what you need.
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of ways they could improve Weapon Swapping, and Weapon Swapping has little to do with lagfest, and more to do with the GCD that's hidden in the game.

If you want to see how the game would operate with less of a "animation" delay on Weapon Swapping, Go make you a Torugs Pact set bonus set right now.

For those who don't know, the set bonus reads reduces the delay between weapon enchantment cooldowns (the internal cooldown) by 1 second

however it doesn't currently do that, instead it reduces the cooldown on animations for Light and Heavy Attacks currently, Meaning light attack is slightly faster when swinging, and Heavy Attacks is way faster.

However..It also makes swapping weapons faster as well if you have the set bonus.

So fast that you can actually swap weapons and remain stealthed.

Interesting.....
    How does this stack with haste?

• tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the fix for you randomly stealing me gathered up ultimate points???

Are Or at least acknowledging that you know about this and are investigating...
    This happens to and plagues everyone since... well... forever!
    Edited by tengri on May 16, 2014 8:52AM
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really strange. I have no issue with weapon swapping at all. It's always instantaneous and has no effect on stealth.

On the other hand - I've certainly got problems with empty containers everywhere. There's something very odd going on.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • mndfreeze
    mndfreeze
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Eidetic Memory - Some of you may be missing books from your Eidetic Memory Collection. We are aware that this is an issue, and are currently working on a fix.
    [/list]

TY this is a problem i have had and TY for looking at my post about it! :D

ALSO for the WW ultimate. it seems to reset itself sometimes. i have only been able to use it twice since i got it last week. so i cant level my WW due to this issue. think u could look into it? all the other ultimates dont reset but the WW one does. like i could get to say 50% and still be killing stuff and then it would reset on me by about 55 or 57%. so can you please look into this? :D

Actually all ultimates do this, at least for me. When I zone into dungeons or places that also cancel my summoned pets and remove my food buffs I also seem to have my ultimate reset to zero. I think people just notice it more when its a big bad 1000 point requrement vs 200 like my normal one, but I notice it all the time. :(
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ops
    babylon wrote: »

I am sorry, I have to agree with @Hilgara on this... If your repairs cost more money then you get from completing quests + Loot... Well, clearly you are doing a lot wrong. Maybe it is time to go reset those skills and give a hard look into having some additional health, maybe better armor.

May also want to work a profession or two... Seriously, making gold in this game is easy, maybe even easier then it was in WoW... With nearly no efford I can make over 40k gold a day... The only reason I am staying on the 100kish mark is because I've reset my abilities about 10 times, force leveled enchanting (seriously... that alone cost about 100k... pain in the butt to lvl) and bought all the motifs >.> Not to mention golden mats.

TLDR, learn how to play MMOs... Repairs is one of ESO's obvious gold sinks... And seriously... The game need those cause making gold is really easy!

p.s. Also... bag space issues? Really? LOL
    Edited by Grao on May 16, 2014 8:39AM