The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Alliance Ranks and Titles

SourceError
SourceError
✭✭
Since I couldn't find this actually listed anywhere...

This isn't for sure, but I believe this is how they go.
Each title has a grade 1 and 2, which is why it's every other Alliance level.

Rank - Title
1 - Volunteer
3 - Recruit
5 - Tyro
7 - Legionary
9 - Veteran
11 - Corporal
13 - Sergeant
15 - Lieutenant
17 - Captain
19 - Major
21 - Centurion
23 - Colonel
25 - Tribune
27 - Brigadier
29 - Prefect
31 - Praetorian
33 - Palatine
35 - August Palatine
37 - Legate
39 - General
41 - Warlord
43 - Grand Warlord
45 - Overlord
47 - Grand Overlord
49 - First Sergeant
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these titles reset when the campaign ends?
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

Options
  • SourceError
    SourceError
    ✭✭
    Since we haven't seen the end of a campaign I can't say for certain, but I don't think so. It is your personal alliance rank, which levels up whether or not you are in your home campaign and is not directly related to your rank verse other players in your campaign.
    Edited by SourceError on May 6, 2014 8:34PM
    Options
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    The alliance rank on your character will not reset when the campaign ends. The points you accumulated towards Emperor during the campaign will be reset.
    Options
  • thestonyb16_ESO
    somethings wrong there, i am rank 31 and Prefect Grade 1, not Praetorian

edit: probably the first seargent thing got moved down on the last position somehow
    Edited by thestonyb16_ESO on June 10, 2014 9:39AM
    twitch.tv/stonyleinchen Seitan - PvP Rank 32 - Prefect
    Options
  • NekOnOkO
    NekOnOkO
    ✭✭✭
    First Sergeant @ rank 49 is hilarious. Peak of military career.
    Options
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, First Sergeant seems totally out of place but I appreciate the list!
    Edited by bruceb14_ESO5 on June 10, 2014 3:07PM
    Options
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranked up today(was Corporal) and iv got Sergeant, AND First Sergeant title and achievement, both same second...No idea bug or it should be like that. Any one knows maybe? Cant find any list with titles/rank in order, uncle Google cant help it seems.
    Just doesnt make sense to get 2 titles and 2 achievements same time(Alliance War panel display correctly, DC Sergeant grade 1).
    Options
  • Limitless
    Limitless
    ✭✭✭
    First Sergeant is after Sergeant.

rofl at it being the last one.
    Ebonheart Pact
    The Red Sun: Templar
    Arch-Mage Zeus: Sorcerer
    Ethereal Flame: Dragonknight
    Silent Edge: NightBlade
    Join my guild; The Red Sun Republic today!
    Options
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok thank you, that is what i thought, and it make sense. Only weird thing was that iv got both at same time, guess its just bug...
    Options
  • wpitterlb14a_ESO
    Mortuum wrote: »
    Ok thank you, that is what i thought, and it make sense. Only weird thing was that iv got both at same time, guess its just bug...

Yes it is a bug. Been around for a while.
    Options
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now its clear, thank you @wpitterlb14a_ESO .
    Options
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Limitless wrote: »
    First Sergeant is after Sergeant.

rofl at it being the last one.

I have a sneaking suspicion the OP might be a First Sergeant.
    Options
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    There're any armor or weapon based on your PvP rank?
    Options
  • NekOnOkO
    NekOnOkO
    ✭✭✭

Nope.
    Options
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    NekOnOkO wrote: »

Nope.

*** game without PvP obejctives. I want a RvR with objectives, items, ranks, etc. like Warhammer Online.
    Options
  • NekOnOkO
    NekOnOkO
    ✭✭✭
    *** game without PvP obejctives. I want a RvR with objectives, items, ranks, etc. like Warhammer Online.

Maybe they'll add something with the addition of the Imperial city. I still doubt we'll see it added though, since maintenance mode = no new content and seeing the playerbase drops extremely fast it can be assumed that maintenace mode will follow sooner or later. However, there is still hope that console release would help.
    Options
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    NekOnOkO wrote: »

Nope.

I can only hope this never ever happens. Nothing worse than having to deal with players who have access to better armor than you just so that you can eventually get that armor yourself. It's like smashing your face against a brick wall over and over again until you can finally break through it to get the gear on the other side.

Seriously, how on Earth did people like doing that in WAR? That was 99% of the reason that I stopped playing that game. It was fun up until tier 4. Then I entered RvR and found that even sorcerers could tank me and there was literally nothing I could do about it until I suffered through that crap for 30 ranks or so to get access to the gear that was allowing them to tank me.
    Edited by joshisanonymous on June 20, 2014 6:50AM
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

Options
  • NekOnOkO
    NekOnOkO
    ✭✭✭
    I can only hope this never ever happens. Nothing worse than having to deal with players who have access to better armor than you just so that you can eventually get that armor yourself. It's like smashing your face against a brick wall over and over again until you can finally break through it to get the gear on the other side.

Seriously, how on Earth did people like doing that in WAR? That was 99% of the reason that I stopped playing that game. It was fun up until tier 4. Then I entered RvR and found that even sorcerers could tank me and there was literally nothing I could do about it until I suffered through that crap for 30 ranks or so to get access to the gear that was allowing them to tank me.

Some people have exactly opposite opinion. I hate equality passionately, for example.
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    First Sergeant is actually Rank 15 and then bump everything after it up in name/Rank (EG Lieutenant is Rank 17, Captain is 19, etc). In case you're curious why First Sergeant is after Sergeant, take a peak at military rankings online. Granted the UK has Warrant Officer instead at that Rank...but you get the idea.

At the highest Rank, is Grand Overlord Grade 2 at 50
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
  • SteveRuimy
    First Sergeant is actually Rank 15 and then bump everything after it up in name/Rank (EG Lieutenant is Rank 17, Captain is 19, etc). In case you're curious why First Sergeant is after Sergeant, take a peak at military rankings online. Granted the UK has Warrant Officer instead at that Rank...but you get the idea.

At the highest Rank, is Grand Overlord Grade 2 at 50

Is it normal that Sergeant and First sergeants have the same "rank" appearance? Because of that rank 33 is a "?" and does not display (I'm talking about the symbol)
    Edited by SteveRuimy on June 20, 2014 6:21PM
    Light You Up
    Member of Alacrity
    World rank #1 Trials timers
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome list, thanx for the post.
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Those icons are getting fixed up in 1.3.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the sound of grand overlord more than first sergeant:) grand overlord should be the PvP lvl 50 rank in my opinion
    Options
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    First Sergeant is out of place. There was a ZOS comment earlier with the correction. First Sergeant comes after Sergeant. Rest move down one.
    Options
  • meglon978ub17_ESO
    meglon978ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, corporal should be level 49. Never, ever, mess with the corporal; do so, and see where your paycheck ends up.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, corporal should be level 49. Never, ever, mess with the corporal; do so, and see where your paycheck ends up.

...if you're a Private that is. I don't think the Brigadier General has sleepless nights over the Corporal not delivering his paycheck.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • meglon978ub17_ESO
    meglon978ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I knew an SSG when i was in that certainly did. Now days, i'm sure a lot of it is all direct deposit, but having your paycheck sent to Alaska when you're stationed at Ft Sill would certainly be an oops.... except when it wasn't.
    Options
  • solbisio
    solbisio
    Soul Shriven
    is there an image with all icons for each title ?
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those icons are getting fixed up in 1.3.

Actually @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ you guys got the Icons for Rank 33-34 and 31-32 Transposed on the Alliance War Screen.

Rank 33 and 34 Display the Single Thick Prefect Crescent and Rank 31 and 32 display the Praetorian Double Moon.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solbisio wrote: »
    is there an image with all icons for each title ?
    @solbisio‌ check out UESP's page on Alliance Points. Thanks to the ZOS team we have all the icons for all the ranks on there :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options