Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why Do I Have the PTS Server Option on my Launcher When It Won't Let Me Log Into It?

jaggedrelief
On my launcher under my NA server, I now have "The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS)" server as well, but after installing it, it won't allow me to log in. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few questions and I might be able to help. One, were you a PTS tester prior to launch? If so, have you checked your email/spam folder for the current pts invite to Craglorn? I had to reauthorize my computer to get access to pts. It sent me an auth code when I tried to login because it wasn't authorized and I had to use that code in the popup.

If not, it's probably a formality and possibly something they intend on being open in the future.
  • jaggedrelief
    A few questions and I might be able to help. One, were you a PTS tester prior to launch? If so, have you checked your email/spam folder for the current pts invite to Craglorn? I had to reauthorize my computer to get access to pts. It sent me an auth code when I tried to login because it wasn't authorized and I had to use that code in the popup.

If not, it's probably a formality and possibly something they intend on being open in the future.

I was a beta tester, yes. With this sign-in name and account. I did check my email, spam too, but found nothing, sadly.

When I try to log into it with this account, it says my log in information is incorrect.

I thought maybe it was added to everyone's and so meant nothing as of now, so I checked my friend's and his shows just the NA server.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a difference between the people who had access to the stress test beta (or really wide beta, also known as the last 2 betas) and those that had access to the PTS. If you did not have access to the PTS then you won't have access now. There are some plans to give PTS access to subscribers but that isn't in place yet.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭

I was a beta tester, yes. With this sign-in name and account. I did check my email, spam too, but found nothing, sadly.

When I try to log into it with this account, it says my log in information is incorrect.

I thought maybe it was added to everyone's and so meant nothing as of now, so I checked my friend's and his shows just the NA server.

PTS isn't beta and your beta information wouldn't work for that (unless you had input your info the same but iirc, you had to create a new username). That was different. PTS was a separate invite and was small, selected group. If you received anything with 'The Psijic Order' in it, that was referring to the pts. Beta is different. Prior to launch, pts testers were allowed 24/7 access to the game to test it out. Beta was select times only.

The PTS on your launcher could very well be just remnant of your beta, but beta is closed. PTS is available and if you received the notification that it was open to test Craglorn, you were at some point a part of The Psijic Order.
  • jaggedrelief
    Eris wrote: »
    There is a difference between the people who had access to the stress test beta (or really wide beta, also known as the last 2 betas) and those that had access to the PTS. If you did not have access to the PTS then you won't have access now. There are some plans to give PTS access to subscribers but that isn't in place yet.

If memory serves correctly, I played at least 3 times, maybe 4, before it went live. I suppose if this is what's going on though, then my launcher just changed for some reason before other's did? Wish I knew why. I could have done without the tease. ;)
  • jaggedrelief

PTS isn't beta and your beta information wouldn't work for that (unless you had input your info the same but iirc, you had to create a new username). That was different. PTS was a separate invite and was small, selected group. If you received anything with 'The Psijic Order' in it, that was referring to the pts. Beta is different. Prior to launch, pts testers were allowed 24/7 access to the game to test it out. Beta was select times only.

The PTS on your launcher could very well be just remnant of your beta, but beta is closed. PTS is available and if you received the notification that it was open to test Craglorn, you were at some point a part of The Psijic Order.

I see. Yeah, that wasn't me, and as far as I know, I don't have email regarding it. I'll look through it again to be sure. I am sure thought that it was never on my launcher before today. Odd. I'll re-check the emails to be sure, thanks all.
  • jaggedrelief
    I didn't find anything. Wish I knew why I just installed all of that if I'm not cool enough to get in.
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't find anything. Wish I knew why I just installed all of that if I'm not cool enough to get in.

Not sure why it was an option for you to download if you've never had it/weren't a part of it before. :neutral_face:

As was said earlier, I'm sure in the future they will allow for a more broader testing of the pts, so hopefully it wasn't all for not.

• jaggedrelief

Not sure why it was an option for you to download if you've never had it/weren't a part of it before. :neutral_face:

As was said earlier, I'm sure in the future they will allow for a more broader testing of the pts, so hopefully it wasn't all for not.

Thanks. I hope so too! So close... so close... sigh.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PTS section of the launcher it 'switched on' simply by clicking on the settings cog and ticking the 'show PTS environment' box. That's available to everyone. Either the launcher glitched spectacularly, or more likely, you ticked the box without realizing what it was.

Either way, as said above, that server requires an account on a separate system, and it has indeed always been invite only. However, as far as I'm aware, ZOS will soon open Craglorn up to everyone with a normal account (it's all kinds of dead right now, most of us Psijics have lost the will to test of late). As their support is so fond of saying, "come back in a few days and see if it's changed". :)
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • jaggedrelief
    MorHawk wrote: »
    The PTS section of the launcher it 'switched on' simply by clicking on the settings cog and ticking the 'show PTS environment' box. That's available to everyone. Either the launcher glitched spectacularly, or more likely, you ticked the box without realizing what it was.

Either way, as said above, that server requires an account on a separate system, and it has indeed always been invite only. However, as far as I'm aware, ZOS will soon open Craglorn up to everyone with a normal account (it's all kinds of dead right now, most of us Psijics have lost the will to test of late). As their support is so fond of saying, "come back in a few days and see if it's changed". :)

AH! Now, this sounds like something I'd do and then forget. Push, push, prod, button curiosity. Sounds like the answer. Thanks so much! :)