Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Audience with an Emperor: Morkulth"

• popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    and when i see people use magic i just call them mages. i don't really pay mind to specific names

Thanks for clarification. Fair mistake since you talk about classes in top leadbords in the first sentence then suddenly talk about specs in the second.

Yes, classes are dk, nb, sorc, templar and they can be using both spells and weapon atacks at the same time so its quite vague. Curious what would you say my 2handed wielding sorc with a balanced magika/stamina skillset is, a warrior or a mage.. :wink:

You do not see any emperors strictly specced for stamina based atacks (that look more warriorish) becouse they are taking full advantage of the character resources (both magika and stamina). Furthermore every single class ability in this game is magika based...nb has the most warriorish looking ones but do not get fooled by the animation, they are "mage" skills all the way....
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the info. however, I still think some of the things these "emperors" have been doing to get this high in the ranks is lame. and its mostly done by magic. that's why I kept calling out "mages". good for mulkulth. I will likely never get close to being emperor. however, I felt this emporership was based on how many hours played, and how many times someone could Spam AOEs and bolt escape than based on actual skill. once the game gets older, and stuff gets changed. we may see a system based on skill, and not spamming OP attacks and playing longer.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone can be anything given they have enough skillpoints or respec gold
    As they can (with one or two minor exceptions) Rift and LOTRO (and even in WOW in many cases) .. your point is again?
    Edited by KerinKor on May 9, 2014 7:32AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    by "warriors" I ment people that use sword and shield, or greatswords
    He knew that, he had no real rebuttal to your comment so he resorted to an ad hominem.

Edited by KerinKor on May 9, 2014 7:33AM
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    thanks for the info. however, I still think some of the things these "emperors" have been doing to get this high in the ranks is lame. and its mostly done by magic. that's why I kept calling out "mages". good for mulkulth. I will likely never get close to being emperor. however, I felt this emporership was based on how many hours played, and how many times someone could Spam AOEs and bolt escape than based on actual skill. once the game gets older, and stuff gets changed. we may see a system based on skill, and not spamming OP attacks and playing longer.

Yeah, the emperor sistem is preaty much like that, the more time you have and the better you are at farming AP, be it by "pwning the nubz" or exploiting/cheating, the higher your chance of becomming one. Further more it only resets every 3 months or so, there is no way for someone who has a job and/or some other rl commitments to become emperor. You get that chance every reset, given you take a few days off work and turn off your cellphone :D

I would love to see an emperor sistem that rewards the cyrodiil leaders rather then the cyrodiil grinders but we can only hope...
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    KerinKor wrote: »
    everyone can be anything given they have enough skillpoints or respec gold
    As they can (with one or two minor exceptions) Rift and LOTRO (and even in WOW in many cases) .. your point is again?

My point was that there are no archetypes in ESO thus labeling someone "warrior", "mage" or "healer" is not correct. You have specs that lean towards certain aspects like healing, tankiness, dps, cc, shielding, buffing,, i.e. and by all means, u can have all in the same spec if you go thin enough.
  • olivier.vd.brandtb16_ESO
    Valn wrote: »
    Let me answer those questions for you:

How did you prepare to tackle the fight for emperorship?

We practised a lot in beta loads and loads so we could jump right in on launch day and quickly take keeps to get me to emperor and made everyone in my guild help ME and ME alone to get emperor. We learned the tactics off by heart so we could quickly apply them on launch.

What advice do you have for players who want to become emperor?

Yes, play the game for 20 hours a day. Get your entire guild to help you. Choose a server where your faction dominates the map.

This is what he said:

"The feat of getting emperor is no easy one and it requires a good amount of one’s personal time to get to the top of the leaderboards. I am climbing my way back up to the top on Bloodthorn, but it will take more time. When the campaign leaderboards reset, expect to see Morkulth on the top of the campaign I am playing on."

1. It was pretty easy for you because you got it pretty much right after launch where there was no competition.
    2. Why aren't you at the top? You were top of the scoreboard when you first got emperor...oh thats right, you got emperor easy and can't be bothered to get emperor when everyone else is playing because it's too difficult for you.

When the scoreboard resets I'd like you to go on a server where another faction dominates the map. Obviously next reset there will be more people getting emperor so it will be harder for you to get it because you got first emperor way too easy.

Some people can be on the top of the scoreboard for days and days and still get no emperor. I see someone on my campaign with 8.3 million points. How many points did this guy get when he was emperor??

"First Emperor" doesn't count. This whole article is a joke and an insult to those who have put time and effort into the game. It's like they're making him to be the best player in the game because he basically fast tracked to emperor. Why don't you interview a proper emperor who has spent weeks at the top of the leaderboard. That's someone who deserves emperor.

Well if its so easy why didnt you do it? he is first emperor and you can say wat you want, but we are not.
  • olivier.vd.brandtb16_ESO
    all just stop whining about the fact that wat he did was so easy. yes he wasnt the only ESO player who could have done it. but he was the first who thought lets gather some people, that takes skill to to ensure that evrebody wants you for emperor. I was Emperor myself to, and yes i worked harder for it. but i wasnt the first. and when i look back i could have gathered some people to. but i didnt and YOU didnt to.

so good job. Morkulth (if that means anything from a random guy)
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Our first in a series of interviews with those who have laid claim to the Ruby Throne."

Even though it's 8 months ago, I think this would be interesting if you continued it and I enjoyed reading this article. Any chance of this happening again? @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_JasonLeavey‌
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor