The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampire abuse. ZaDrots [ZDs] guild statement

Demannu
Demannu
Hi folks,

My name is Demannu (aka Champion of Khorne) and i am proud member and an Officer of ZaDrots guild, we came from GuildWars 2 as we were exited about TESO Cyrodiil campaign. Our primary focus is RvR. While most of us feel exited about the game despite a number of bugs / issues existing, we hope for good ;)

Recently everyone and their grand mother abuse the bugged Vampire Ult + Mist Form mechanic in RvR. This makes u cast ultimate at cost of ~4-10 Ult points and heals inside Mist Form with an unlimited amount of targets with stupidly high amount of damage, literally saying your ultimate works permanently while you take less damage than you heal with ultimate. Our current campaign is Dawnbreaker and it suffers the same from the abuse as many others.

While there are ways to deal with it e.g. Negate + Dragon Standard + Talons and the 5% Silver Bolt proc, we believe it is a bug and the Zenimax are working hard to solve the issue. We just dont believe that developers are that smart to make 1 player able to tank and kill 30-40 ''normals''

Our statement is the following - Despite the fact that many of us are Vampires lvl 10 no members in our guild raid are allowed to abuse that buggy mechanic as we believe the fun in Cyrodiil is not coming from being able to take down 30-40 people via one man show. But rather from a competitive fights like the one we are giving to enemies. Mutual respect and ability to have fun from all parties involved in RvR is what makes RvR actually fun.

We hope that other communities are having the same opinion on the issue.

@Zenimax we hope you guys are solving the issue fast enough, as for active RvR communities the issue will kill the game soon.

Cheers

Demannu
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Respect for you for not using it. Some days I spend more time hitting vampires spamming ults with my wet Silver Noodles than fighting proper enemies.
  • Demannu
    Demannu
    Just a side note: at the moment we are around 170ish active RvR players
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    Respect!
  • NekOnOkO
    NekOnOkO
    ✭✭✭
    If there only were more guilds enjoying fair play -.-
  • lordz88b16_ESO
    lordz88b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Are you guys EU or NA?
  • Demannu
    Demannu
    We are Russian guild from EU Dawnbreaker
  • zachrisson.rickardb16_ESO
    Demannu wrote: »
    We are Russian guild from EU Dawnbreaker

My apologies to you guys that Zenimax didn't used unicode in the chat making the whole cyrillic alphabet unusable.
  • Demannu
    Demannu
    Thank you however this is not a big issue at least for me as i use Russian mainly in Teamspeak to communicate with others.
  • Seregarus
    Seregarus
    Developers from Zenimax have to understand that there is no sense to pump over different classes, branches of abilities and to be improved in possession of it if in game there is a class which does it everything senseless... It is good if they understand it earlier when in the empty Cyrodiil two-three vampires will battle with each other on absolutely empty map...
  • Devotion
    Devotion
    ✭✭
    Very respectable guild

- piken wvwer
  • largusmeansb16_ESO
    Man I hated you guys in GW2. Respect though, and well said. If anyone has no idea what he is talking about, watch this. Ridiculous.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZsIDSSGV4
  • Enigmatix
    Enigmatix
    Yeah the sad thing is that most people think it´s only bat swarm that is OP.
    But the only thing that has to be done is fixing mist form so that you will not get any healing from any source(thought that was what the tooltip stated).
    and put a softcap or better hardcap on ultimate cost reduction.
    4 point for an ultimate is a little bit too much reduction...(should be a percant based cap not that you cant lower low cost ultimates).
    Dont know about the target cap because i have a clear opinion about that
    buuut that is another topic :lol:
    Edited by Enigmatix on April 30, 2014 6:30PM
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Enigmatix wrote: »
    Yeah the sad thing is that most people think it´s only bat swarm that is OP.
    But the only thing that has to be done is fixing mist form so that you will not get any healing from any source(thought that was what the tooltip stated).
    and put a softcap or better hardcap on ultimate cost reduction.
    4 point for an ultimate is a little bit too much reduction...(should be a percant based cap not that you cant lower low cost ultimates).
    Dont know about the target cap because i have a clear opinion about that
    buuut that is another topic :lol:

The saddest is that we re actually theorycrafting a fix instead of waiting for ZOS to come up with one, because it's supposed to be THEIR JOB to balance things so we don't have to waste our time dealing with this everyday.
    Edited by RaZaddha on April 30, 2014 6:50PM
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to remove Ultimate Cost Reduction from the game AND prevent Ultimate from being generated while your ultimate is activated.

That would solve 100% of the Standard/batswarm spammers who are abusing this.

It would also make PvP much more enjoyable as it isn't who can spam their ultimates faster.
    Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Good for you guys keeping fair play going.
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Countering the zerg is all well and good.
    But when people start using aoes as the go to ability even in small groups or 1v1 then something is wrong.

I don't think the target cap is a great idea but i also dont believe in these cookie cuter aoe builds that excel in any situation. So i am against aoe spam but aslo against zerging.

The dacoc spreading out makes sense and i have a fine idea to enforce it.

IDEA
    Remove target caps of aoe.
    Reduce damage of aoe by a %, could be anything. Lets say 25% of the current.
    If you hit 3 targets you do double damage to each.
    4 targets triple damage.
    5 targets quad damage. (same as now)
    6 targets 5x damage.
    7 targets 6x damage.
    8 targets 7x damage.
    9+ targets 8x damage. (or double the current damage)

This way dedicated aoe builds have a place to counter zergs while removing the whole concept of AOE SPAM VS EVERYTHING.

• Sindustrial
    Sindustrial
    Soul Shriven
    Cute.
    Respect for you trying to take the high-road.

But seeing as how you came from Guild Wars 2, I'd prefer some form of zerg-busting, so this game doesn't devolve into the blob against blob combat that people ate with a ***-stained smile from the other game.

There needs to be a middle-ground, not an out-right breaking of a few skills because of Zenimax's lack of min-maxing foresight.
    • Dragon Knight of Iron Lotus
    • DC DK Vamp
    • Crowned Emperor on Easter. The Easter Emperor.
    • Sword and Board Vampire Dragonknight since beta, band to my wagon.
    • You're Welcome.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much respect. There is still character among MMO PvP gamers. Thank you sir
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker