The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZoS To Show Current AoE Cap? Vote Now

Oblongship
Oblongship
✭✭✭✭
According to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom there have always been AoE Caps in ESO. I have never seemed to notice them and from what I gather on the forums not many others have.

So let your voice be heard! Do you want ZOS to provide a list of abilities with what cap applies to them?

Vote Now!
To add a little explanation, all area-of-effect abilities in ESO--except a few edge cases (the ones we fixed)--have always had some sort of a cap. We simply fixed the handful that did not, and were supposed to. We haven't touched any of the others. We're editing the note to make it a bit more clear.
We're working on pulling together a list of the impacted abilities. We'll likely have it tomorrow or Monday. That said, this only impacts a handful of area-of-effect abilities that did not already have a cap. Almost every area-of-effect ability in ESO already has a cap on the live server. This is not a sweeping change to all area-of-effect abilities.

Edited by Oblongship on April 27, 2014 12:32AM

ZoS To Show Current AoE Cap? Vote Now 131 votes

Yes I want a list of abilities and their AoE Caps
91%
Genevgdodd_ESOTrenithCucynSykotik_ESOAffrayerxentek_ESOrophez_ESOburkemi5_ESOliquid_wolfKrissWL_SlashpafTeargrantsardikusMalufusbigscoothb14_ESObowerscaleb15b14_ESOMangechrisrogers22b14_ESOdanteafk 120 votes
No I don't want a list of abilities and their AoE Caps
8%
IzzbanMuggyjokstadb16_ESOkesilb16_ESOorobferb16_ESORapscallion74thefreezingvoidNoiselessAsavaCryinkOsarkh 11 votes
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could not edit my original post but the reference thread is http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/88046/don-t-put-a-6-man-target-cap-on-aoe-for-pvp/p1
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    This could help until we get a response

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info375-AoECapViewer.html
    Edited by Zolyok on April 27, 2014 12:38AM
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zolyok wrote: »

Good find man, thank you for posting this.

I still want an official note from ZOS but this will have to due until then.
  • prana33b14_ESO
    prana33b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

47befa16d7c005c551f0ec079a2f3c.gif

Edited by prana33b14_ESO on April 27, 2014 12:42AM
  • Genev
    Genev
    ✭✭
    Isn't this a pretty useless topic though since they're already putting a list of abilities together?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inhale/Standard/Burning Talons don't have a cap from what I can tell, Cinder does, i wasn't able to test Burning Breath.
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    Genev wrote: »
    Isn't this a pretty useless topic though since they're already putting a list of abilities together?

They are putting together a list of affected abilities...not current abilities Jessica says have a cap.
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for voting guys, this is a good way for ZOS to know our concerns.
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel this sort of thing should be known anyway. People will test it until they figure it out, so why not just provide us the information?
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq
  • Varivox9
    Varivox9
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. If it is truely a bug that some things aren't capped like they are supposed to be, I'd love to see any AoE skills that mention anything about "up to x enemies". Till then, I think it's just ZOS trying to cover up for a bad idea.
  • Visur
    Visur

I coded it yesterday to help the debate with AoE cap. You should be surprise to see how many skill are already capped to 6…
    Edited by Visur on April 27, 2014 9:12AM
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Yep thanks a lot for your work visur
    You should be surprise to see how many skill are already capped to 6…
  • UncleShags
    To me it doesn't make a lot of difference that some aoe abilities already have caps. Capping the ones that don't now is the issue. Once they are capped there is no stopping the zerg blob outside of siege. And we know how that game turns out...
  • thelg
    thelg
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how many are capped as long as there are some that are not stack is not a viable tactic. Once the cap is in it will be the ONLY tactic
  • Rial
    Rial
    ✭✭✭
    Are we seriously voting on this now? Whether we want the list or not? This thread is beyond redundant, it's downright stupid, and it's already starting to turn in a second "AoE cap discussion" thread thanks to people who don't read past keywords, rendering it even more redundant.
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rial wrote: »
    Are we seriously voting on this now? Whether we want the list or not? This thread is beyond redundant, it's downright stupid, and it's already starting to turn in a second "AoE cap discussion" thread thanks to people who don't read past keywords, rendering it even more redundant.

Yet you took the time to read it and then bump it for me.

Thanks!
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Zeni didn't said they'll give us a list of impacted skill today ?
    To add a little explanation, all area-of-effect abilities in ESO--except a few edge cases (the ones we fixed)--have always had some sort of a cap. We simply fixed the handful that did not, and were supposed to. We haven't touched any of the others. We're editing the note to make it a bit more clear.
  • xentek_ESO
    I'm assuming that ESO's abilities and associated attributes are stored in a database. If so, I'm confused as to why this is something that needs to be "Worked on" since it should be a simple SQL query. The fact that players have already put forth a mod to find this information says a lot.
  • xentek_ESO
    Have we determined what the cap is on Ring of Elements and whether or not it will remain where it is?
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Please @ZOS_JessicaFolsom where is :

ZOS_JessicaFolsom écrit: »
    We're working on pulling together a list of the impacted abilities. We'll likely have it tomorrow or Monday. That said, this only impacts a handful of area-of-effect abilities that did not already have a cap. Almost every area-of-effect ability in ESO already has a cap on the live server. This is not a sweeping change to all area-of-effect abilities.
  • dalgrimar
    dalgrimar
    ✭✭✭
    xentek_ESO wrote: »
    Have we determined what the cap is on Ring of Elements and whether or not it will remain where it is?
    Elemental Ring aka Pulsar does have a Live AoE cap of 6 targets already.
    So not much will change on that i think wich is positive.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/89420/area-of-effect-abilities-maximum-target-cap-clarification#latest

There are other forums. Here is your answer. And when you read it you will realize the AOE cap has always been in effect for most abilities. they are only changing a few that were not following the original rule.
    Edited by frwinters_ESO on April 29, 2014 3:53PM