The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PATCH NOTES V.1.1 Inc. Craglorn - From PTS

• RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Are we certain it's all AoE and not just a few broken skills?
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are powerful indeed @Moonraker‌ my old friend. Any chance that there are some substantial fixes for the crashes and memory leak? I do remember reading one of your posts and you mentioned that patch notes usually leave out a lot of the tweaks made to the inner workings of the game.

Fingers crossed!
  • tw1jaysin
    tw1jaysin
    ✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Morkulth wrote: »
    Malediktus wrote: »
    I dont see the problem with the aoe cap. Unlimited AOE is gamebreaking
    Let me know how elder siege online is like. I don't play this game to sit behind a siege weapon and shoot artillery at random targets. I play this game and many others play this game to have groups of 4-20 take on groups of 20-100. That is what really creates memories in PvP.
    A group of 4-20 shouldnt be able to beat a group of 40-100 unless they are absolutly horrible. Zenimax doesnt want people to ragequit because they got wiped by small groups. Coordinated play is very strong already, no need to make it unbeatable because of no AoE cap. Large uncoordinated groups should be able to stand a chance against tiny coordinated groups.

I agree 100% with Morkulth here. Blanket changes often cause more problems than they solve. Large uncoordinated groups are not "entitled" to beat smaller coordinated groups via an in game nerf to AOE. If they want to "stand a chance" against a smaller coordinated force utilizing strategy they should expected to play better, develop skills and use coordinated play.

This change hurts more than it helps.. #badmove

The AoE cap promotes zerging and stacking to take advantage of it. I'm a big fan of the pvp because a smaller coordinated group can not just put up a good fight, but actually win and route larger uncoordinated groups. Don't turn this into GW2.
    Edited by tw1jaysin on April 26, 2014 1:00AM
  • hamaneb18_ESO
    hamaneb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Haduis wrote: »
    Fixed an issue with several area-of-effect abilities where they could erroneously hit an unlimited number of targets.

You people are all blind. This is the worst change any game can ever make. This is an extremely slimy and disgusting way to sneak something like this is in and not address it at all. This is zos trying to hide major game changes without addressing the community as to why they are changing it. We have been testing on the PTS and every and I mean EVERY aoe ability only hits 6 targets (Yes this is healing spells AND ULTIMATES as well).

This single change will make this game general and absolutely destroy the ability of small groups to take on larger groups of enemies. THEY MENTIONED IN ALMOST EVERY INTERVIEW THAT SMALLER GROUPS COULD KILL LARGER GROUPS. I am sorry but without having a reasoning behind this I can no longer support this game. This needs to seriously be reversed or make the damage worthwhile because aoe abilities already hit for jacksh*t.

This is a big *** deal, especially for PvP. We need to raise a stink about this.

if this goes live im out. im glad if ppl are enjoying the game. but like the dude above wrote, they said in the interviews that smaller grps could take on the zerg. i cant keep playing a game where the zerg almost always wins.

add to that the misery that is the buggy nightblade class, vamps everywhere soon, all the bugged *** and its just to much.
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, they are putting out a ton of fixes and people are complaining that their fix isn't in there. I'm embarrassed to be part of this community sometimes. They cannot fix everything at once! Once one set of problems are corrected they move onto the next set. Jeez people
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    <Edited>
    Edited by Cuddler on December 6, 2016 7:54PM
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    Damn so patch 1.1 will not come to live server anytime soon? Damn i need that vampire fix
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭
    While the patch notes point to some welcome improvements/fixes I cannot objectively imagine one good thing about an AOE cap of 6. This is a bad idea which is only made worse by the upcoming release of Craglorn.

Basically a healer in a party of 12 or 24 won't even be able to affect more than 6 people with an AOE heal. Not to mention the PVP implications. I do not see the wisdom of this direction....

Not feeling very confident in long term sub at the moment. Hope this gets reviewed by the dev team and corrected.

It's their answer to the acid mist/vamp ult problem. Rather than nerf them putting Limitiations on aoe skills is better. It requires groups to actually use skill rather than blindly cast spells. Oh you like the no skill game? Well then let's play a game...take a quarter give a quarter. Every time you take a quarter you must give one.
  • Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    And no mention of a fix for the "Final Assault" quest that prevents progression to vet content for many people who aren't prepared to spend hours jumping naked into the oblivion.
    ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Dominulf wrote: »
    Nerf Werewolf, buff Dragon Knight.

Nice.

Can't believe Darktalons is not going to be fixed but rather buffed? This is one of the most overpowered CC abilities in the history of mmorpgs. Broken Talons in Dragon Knights Online

Darktalons is the only CC in the game that cannot be blocked, broken or countered; not even with a cc immunity skill like immovable! No other class in the game has access to an all powerful CC like this that cannot be countered. In any other pvp oriented mmo this sort of obviously overpowered CC would not be tolerated. There is no way the skill was intended to work this way and no other class access to a CC this powerful.

Are the play testers mostly Dragonknights because I don't know how this skill could not be balanced but buffed instead?
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed an issue with several area-of-effect abilities where they could erroneously hit an unlimited number of targets.

You people are all blind. This is the worst change any game can ever make. This is an extremely slimy and disgusting way to sneak something like this is in and not address it at all. This is zos trying to hide major game changes without addressing the community as to why they are changing it. We have been testing on the PTS and every and I mean EVERY aoe ability only hits 6 targets (Yes this is healing spells AND ULTIMATES as well).

This single change will make this game general and absolutely destroy the ability of small groups to take on larger groups of enemies. THEY MENTIONED IN ALMOST EVERY INTERVIEW THAT SMALLER GROUPS COULD KILL LARGER GROUPS. I am sorry but without having a reasoning behind this I can no longer support this game. This needs to seriously be reversed or make the damage worthwhile because aoe abilities already hit for jacksh*t.

You mean that 3-4 people can not kill 25+ people anymore with just AoE bombs in some seconds in Cyrodiil ?

Great they fix this, I saw it on youtube and thought this is a joke.
    Edited by moXrox on April 26, 2014 2:01AM
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    Haduis wrote: »

This is a big *** deal, especially for PvP. We need to raise a stink about this.

if this goes live im out. im glad if ppl are enjoying the game. but like the dude above wrote, they said in the interviews that smaller grps could take on the zerg. i cant keep playing a game where the zerg almost always wins.

add to that the misery that is the buggy nightblade class, vamps everywhere soon, all the bugged *** and its just to much.

Did you see the video on youtube where 3-4 players just sneak into a castle with open doors and AoE maybe 30+ players and they all die in just seconds ?

I really dont want to see this in pvp and I bet many other people aswell.
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
  • Wyldberry
    Wyldberry
    It's so stupid to nerf AOE like this. Blanket fix, let us all join the zerg and man the siege weapons!!

Where do I sign to join up with the mindless tools who run into AOE Spam with 20 of their buds then QQ about it. I'm feeling limber after that *** intrusion from ZOS.
    Edited by Wyldberry on April 26, 2014 2:07AM
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    When will this come to pts server? I need to know so i can count 7days for this to get implement in live
  • Loose_Cannon
    Shadowfen achievement being lowered, or fixing the linear progression of quests, thus making it impossible to complete the achievement?

There are WAY too many people stuck at 61/62. Yes, myself included.
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    Werewolf
    Savage Strength I: The stamina bonus this ability provides from kills has been decreased. Savage Strength II’s bonus is unchanged.

Really? REALLY?

Pack Leader, Morph of Werewolf Transformation, is broken to the point its pretty much useless. Literally. Pop pack leader and try to do something and get turned back into human form with no use of any skills at all.

The simple fact that it costs a base of around 950 - 1000 Ult for a possible 1 minute duration use with 2 abilities, 1 gap closer and a chainable aoe fear and unable to use any of your other abilities.

Vampire gets to use pretty much all of its passives and abilities in human form, making it very strong.
    Werewolf's passives, only 1 of them work in human form, and you must have werewolf transform slotted and cannot use any ability but roar and pounce.
    Vampires get their form 100%, Werewolves have to slave away to grind out all that ult to use it.

And you actually nerf one of werewolf passives? This just.... boggles my minnndddd.

• blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea when will this get implemented on pts?
  • Arwyn
    Arwyn
    ✭✭✭
    ~PROVISIONING MATERIALS IN VET ZONES!!!!. Jesus C'mon!!!
    Edited by Arwyn on April 26, 2014 2:19AM
  • rylixav
    rylixav
    ✭✭✭
    You can earn up to Veteran Rank 12 as you continue your adventures in Craglorn. Additionally, the veteran XP earned from killing enemies has more than doubled.

I'm confused on that second point. Does it mean you earn extra veteran XP only in Craglorn? Or does it mean that all XP earned from killing any mobs at any veteran level has been doubled?
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    "Fixed an issue where the Thief Mundus Stone buff was not properly applying spell critical strike chance."

Pretty confused with this one, does this mean that Thief mundus is only not working with spell crit strike chance cos I'm pretty sure that it's not working with all crit strike chance...
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Valthorian1914
    Let's just worry about fixing the game first. The rest can come much later after the game has been fixed.

Awesome news, all-around. Looking forward to seeing more.

Right. So adding new content equates to fixing the game first? I'm sorry, new content should be viewed, as you eloquently put it "much later after the game has been fixed."
  • Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    Things I dident see on the patch notes that should be fixed or looked at atleast.
    1. Shadowfen Quest Achievement bugged at 61/62.
    2. Vampire's Unnatural Resistance passive is broken and does not work at all, not even its tooltip.
    3. Destruction Staff is dealing substantially more damage than any other weapon class, at least for DragonKnights.
    4. Enchanting is ridiculously difficult to level compared to blacksmithing, which is insanely easy.
    5. Rapid Strikes Dual Wield ability desync's dealing no damage but continues its animation in its entirety; quite often.

Edit: I believe shadowfens quest achievement should be set at 60. As I believe the public dungeon quest is the 61'st, I don't believe those should count towards Zone progression myself. And would someone please pay attention to Vampires Unnatural Resistance? I never see anyone else mention it and it is super important and entirely broken.
    Edited by Daethz on April 26, 2014 3:25AM
    Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rylixav wrote: »
    You can earn up to Veteran Rank 12 as you continue your adventures in Craglorn. Additionally, the veteran XP earned from killing enemies has more than doubled.

I'm confused on that second point. Does it mean you earn extra veteran XP only in Craglorn? Or does it mean that all XP earned from killing any mobs at any veteran level has been doubled?

As I understand it, PVE players can get to Rank 12 in Craglorn. Those that do pvp or don't have access to a raiding guild stay at 10.
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    When will this come to pts?
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭
    It's already there from my understanding.
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Things I dident see on the patch notes that should be fixed or looked at atleast.
    1. Vampire's Unnatural Resistance passive is broken and does not work at all, not even its tooltip.

Edit: I believe shadowfens quest achievement should be set at 60. As I believe the public dungeon quest is the 61'st, I don't believe those should count towards Zone progression myself. And would someone please pay attention to Vampires Unnatural Resistance? I never see anyone else mention it and it is super important and entirely broken.

This is what is stated in the pts patch notes as far as vampire passive bug's concerned:

"Vampire passive abilities will no longer stop working when your character dies."

Let's hope this includes fixes for all the vampire passive bugs...

Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know when this will get implemented on pts? So i can know when to go back playing in live server?

Afaik it will get patched on live.server after 7days of being implemented on pts
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    Search for "reduced" then "increased"; That's the only thing you need to know :P
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    You know what I am most excited about?
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
    Added /torch and...
    /torch

Hell yeah.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Auric_ESO wrote: »
    Wow, they are putting out a ton of fixes and people are complaining that their fix isn't in there. I'm embarrassed to be part of this community sometimes. They cannot fix everything at once! Once one set of problems are corrected they move onto the next set. Jeez people

Most of the rage comes when they change something in the wrong direction or fail to make changes on the most glaring issues.

For instance, the Ultimate Cost Reduction that allows for Devouring Swarm spam. That needed to be priority number one.

Or the fact that Dark Talons is the most broken skill in the game and they buffed it. Not to mention they added a new mechanic (AoEs limited to 6 targets) but exempted Dark Talons.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU