Forums

We will not be performing maintenance on the North American and European megaservers on Monday, December 22nd.

Wir werden am Montag dem 22. Dezember und Dienstag dem 23. Dezember keine planmäßigen Wartungsarbeiten auf dem europäischen und nordamerikanischen Megaserver durchführen.

Nous n’effectuerons pas nos maintenances régulières sur les mégaserveurs nord-américain et européen les lundi 22 décembre et mardi 23 décembre.

Official Discussion Thread for "Creating ESO: Trials"

edited April 23 in Website Articles Discussion Staff Post
This is the official discussion thread for the blog post Creating ESO: Trials. What did you guys think?
Post edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on
Gina Bruno
Assistant Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube

Comments

• LucardesLucardes ✭✭✭
    Looks great!

Although unrelated and outside of this, perhaps we can consider a future trial catering for 8 man? 12 man is harder to achieve for some guilds. But just throwing that out there.

8 man future trials please consider :)
    Lucefer
    #1 Sorcerer in EP Dawnbreaker
  • LucardesLucardes ✭✭✭
    Also that recap feature is a surprise and a great way to adjust stratagy even outside the trails. Curious if that recap is turned off when at Cyrodiil? @ZOS_Gina
    Lucefer
    #1 Sorcerer in EP Dawnbreaker
  • Staff Post
    Lucardes wrote: »
    Also that recap feature is a surprise and a great way to adjust stratagy even outside the trails. Curious if that recap is turned off when at Cyrodiil? @ZOS_Gina
    Death recap will be available across the entire game, including Cyrodiil.
    Gina Bruno
  • available now?!?!?!
  • Staff Post
    Not yet, @tduncan465! It will be available with the first big content update when Craglorn goes live. :)
    Gina Bruno
  • So, if I read correctly, does this mean that the very best items will no longer be crafted by players, but looted off of the Trial bosses?
  • dagnomedagnome ✭✭✭
    So, if I read correctly, does this mean that the very best items will no longer be crafted by players, but looted off of the Trial bosses?
    My concern as well, I was under the impression that Crafted items will ultimately be better than most found items though I can understand getting epic items from very successful trial runs.
  • CardeCarde ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds awesome, can't wait until we see them firsthand this week.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • CardeCarde ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also looking forward to killing my friends with Combat Prayer and Healing Ward. Hurrah!
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • WillowWillow ✭✭✭
    I am very happy for those the enjoy grouping. I do look forward to a future update for explorers and those that tend to solo a bit more than group.

• SolthourSolthour Soul Shriven
    Willow wrote: »
    I am very happy for those the enjoy grouping. I do look forward to a future update for explorers and those that tend to solo a bit more than group.

Craglorn is a whole area that offers Solo exploration I thought it's just the instances there that require a 12 man group.
  • LonePirateLonePirate ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solthour wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »

Craglorn is a whole area that offers Solo exploration I thought it's just the instances there that require a 12 man group.

Are you sure about that? I could have sworn the entire zone was tuned for groups of four and solo/duo players were essentially committing suicide if they tackled the content.
  • royalghostroyalghost Soul Shriven
    There are still a lot of bugs in the game to work out..... This looks cool and all, but are you really ready to add a whole new can of worms to the one that you're fighting?
  • veevitoveevito Soul Shriven
    djodars wrote: »
    Everything is fine the way it is... it's an MMO, not a single-player RPG.

What I would love is a system that can scale the trials to the number of players in your group. Not everyone wants to play with strangers and not everyone has 11 friends that plays the game at the same time.

Craglorn looks great though, can't wait to experience it first hand!

Save the tired old "it's an mmo" stuff. Nobody is asking to remove trials. He just said he's looking forward to other non group updates. MMO just means a virtual world for people to populate at the same time doing all kinds of things.

Besides, what's so massive about 12 people hiding in a private instance? Even less is bad. You dont want to play with strangers? Its an mmo I thought. The acronym game is dangerous.

Your argument is bad.

Craglorn sounds great fun!
  • doggiedoggie ✭✭✭
    Is Craglorn the next content update or can we excpect to see smaller updates before that? Like a new dungeon or more crafting?
  • k9mousek9mouse ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if I read correctly, does this mean that the very best items will no longer be crafted by players, but looted off of the Trial bosses?

That is my concern as well.

Also, about the boss models...

Some of them seem way way to BIG compare to the player model (to tall / wide ) -- makes them kind of cartoony looking. I will be happy if they are no bigger then a head or two taller then the player model. Making them the size of a 3 story house just looks silly IMHO. The texture and detail are very well done and that part does NOT look cartoon like at all, just that the boss models are way to big compare to the player model.

Who else thinks the size makes the models look cartoon like and rather be about the size of the player model (may be a little bigger like a head or two taller)?

• GAME ON!
    To succeed you must do the things that you think you cannot.
  • Looks great, I love the stone statues with the swords, reminds me of the first Tomb Raider film. Still got a final level and the ten veteran ranks to go through but it's nice to know there will be PVE content to do at the end of that. I'm hoping the FOV slider with be included in this patch!
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here; this is The War Room!"
  • enfpenfp ✭✭
    Can't wait to checkout eso trials content first hand. Give us a day!
  • enfpenfp ✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »

Some of them seem way way to BIG compare to the player model (to tall / wide ) -- makes them kind of cartoony looking. I will be happy if they are no bigger then a head or two taller then the player model. Making them the size of a 3 story house just looks silly IMHO. The texture and detail are very well done and that part does NOT look cartoon like at all, just that the boss models are way to big compare to the player model.

Who else thinks the size makes the models look cartoon like and rather be about the size of the player model (may be a little bigger like a head or two taller)?

Bigger the better, it's a boss. They typically are large in 85% of gpames
  • k9mousek9mouse ✭✭✭✭✭
    enfp wrote: »
    k9mouse wrote: »

Bigger the better, it's a boss. They typically are large in 85% of games

Not in TES games, BIG house sized bosses just look cartoony and I want ESO be different and have realism graphics. The texture are fine, just the sized is the problem.
  • Timed trial? Ugh. No time to do what ESO is actually good at - exploring and taking in the surrounds.

How about an award for minimum deaths instead? Or for completing optional objectives? Or for least healing used? Serving is cool and all, but after the first few times it has little to do with player skill
  • Can't seem to edit my previous... Serving = zerging
  • Rev RielleRev Rielle ✭✭✭✭
    It looks really good. Of course I love anything to do with the desert so I might be a little biased :smile:

I've never really be one to experience such 'raid' adventures in these games, not in a traditional 'hard-core' manner anyways. But I do hope to experience some of it someday. I also hope it sates those with appetites for such challenging content!

Not to find a band of adventurers that are more interested in the glory of achievement and challenge rather than the acquisition of material possessions :wink:
    “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.”
  • I want 12 vs 12 PVP Trials , but this is ok too.