Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

State of the Game Address

• RealRobD
    RealRobD
    ✭✭✭
    TGEK wrote: »
    forums dead, economy dead, company dead, game soon to be dead.

Forums being dead is the biggest shock to me. I would love to see how many subs they have, and how many they are going to lose when the 1 month is up.

The game won't die, but it will definitely go F2P within 12-18 months.

Can I borrow your crystal ball, the only one in the world that actually works?
    I'd like to win the next lottery, thanks.
  • Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    Chryos wrote: »
    I'd ask everyone to be a bit more patient. As with any new game, they most likely have their hands full working on alot of stuff behind the scenes. Everthing that is new, no matter if it's a game or whatever takes time to refine and iron out the problems. Rome was not built in a day.

I would be patient if they credited back my free game time and halted billing until the issues were fixed. Why should we pay them at all for a broken product?
  • Greyhaven
    Greyhaven
    ✭✭
    SoMuchMass wrote: »
    Here is a tip for ZoS, you need to communicate better. You know why? If you don't the trolls will speak for the game and their voice will be the loudest. So it is your job to speak over them and keep people informed. If you are open people are understanding.

THIS^^^^

Right now there is a very well organized hate machine on these forums and cruising the local news sites many of them belong to the angry army these astro turfers are more than likely paid to hate...if ZOS doesn't keep their voice loud and clear these idiots will be doing your marketing for you.
    Edited by Greyhaven on April 23, 2014 4:07PM
  • Dionysis
    Dionysis
    ✭✭
    @Rapscallion74 You bought an MMO at release. Bumps, bugs, glitches, hacks, downtime, maintenance windows, hotfixes, bots, and gold spammers should have been expected. These happen at every MMO release. Hell, even non MMOs, like SimCity, had crazy problems the first few weeks. If you want a polished fixed, patches, shiny game, buy it a few months after release. This is not ZOS's fault you have unrealistic expectations.
  • SANTANTICA
    SANTANTICA
    Soul Shriven
    And lost BANK SLOTS, GOLD etc???? When fixed and give back?
  • camilla_noctis
    camilla_noctis
    ✭✭✭
    What about having to relog after every single death to get vampire passives back? This affects EVERYONE that uses vampirism, and is a HUGE bug that constantly affects my gameplay and is still the reason I don't PvP. Could you at least acknowledge this bug? Say SOMETHING about it? Because at this point I feel like it's being ignored completely.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SANTANTICA wrote: »
    And lost BANK SLOTS, GOLD etc???? When fixed and give back?

You may want to read the patch notes there chief. Already fixed. You need to put a ticket in to get your lost gold back.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update and hard work!

Great game. Please work on producing a better grouping tool (i.e., the lfm/lfg, phasing) and fix dungeon and pvp xp (they're greatly lagging behind quest xp).

And remember to take a day off sometimes. Get drunk, relax.

:)
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I for one would like to add my thanks. Due to the bug fixes over the past couple weeks, I'm now to the point where I only have one incomplete (bugged) quest in all of the Aldmeri Dominion zones and Coldharbour, and I haven't run into any bugged quests yet in the Pact zones I've visited.

I do agree with the comments that point out the CS spending 85% of their time on something that could be considered mostly an annoyance, as opposed to helping players resolve progress blocking issues is probably not the best prioritization.

This should be inverted, and in fact it could be argued that CS shouldn't need to touch these reports at all as they aren't really CS issues but rather moderator/GM issues. As many have pointed out having a few GMs in game would go a long way to resolving these issues more promptly and probably alleviate the load on CS dramatically.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Klarick
    Klarick
    ✭✭✭

Forums being dead is the biggest shock to me. I would love to see how many subs they have, and how many they are going to lose when the 1 month is up.

Thanks for the awesome update and communication. It is appreciated whenever you guys take the time and post updates, regardless of what players like TGEK may think.

TGEK, it is obvious here, and in the guild we both belong to, that you are not a fan of TESO. Just let it go brother...let...it...go. You dont have a crystal ball, you are not an expert in the field, and you have no idea of the health of this game that has been out for less than a month. You seem to be getting some sort of odd joy with YOUR opinion that the game is bad. It kind of weird.
    They crawl out of their holes for me, and I die - you die.
  • Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    Dionysis wrote: »
    @Rapscallion74 You bought an MMO at release. Bumps, bugs, glitches, hacks, downtime, maintenance windows, hotfixes, bots, and gold spammers should have been expected. These happen at every MMO release. Hell, even non MMOs, like SimCity, had crazy problems the first few weeks. If you want a polished fixed, patches, shiny game, buy it a few months after release. This is not ZOS's fault you have unrealistic expectations.

LOLOLO expecting a purchased product to work is unrealistic? I could be forgiving it it was just a couple things, but there are soooooo many things that are broken, that they game should have stayed in BETA longer.

Also, I dont buy this "it's always been this way" BS arguement. The fact it's always been this way means companies should really be stepping up to anticipate these problems before launch, but why should they when they have such loyal fanboi defense force members such as yourself who are willing to let ZOS crap on their heads and call it a hat.

I was originally a staunch supporter of this game pre-launch. I was the voice of reason telling people "just wait and see guys. I am sure they'll have all this stuff worked out". I even dropped $750 on a new monitor for this game. Not saying other games wont benefit from the monitor, but this game was the inspiration for the purchase.

What I am more curious about is when did society lose it's principles? When did it become acceptable to purchase sub-par products and expect us not to say anything about it?
  • lfseeney_ESO
    lfseeney_ESO
    ✭✭
    Saying it does not make it true.

This update is mostly smoke and lies.

• Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    The Mac Client has been crashing every 5 minutes in Cyrodill. I know nobody cares about the mac players but we are paying the same amount for half the game. An ETA would be nice because as I see thing there is no reason for me to pay for a subscription in 10 days if half the game is not available to me.
  • mike_buglione_ESO
    What about optimization fixes, sli, crossfire, "true" fullscreen, and busted vsync, any of that even being looked at?
  • Mailmann
    Mailmann
    ✭✭✭
    For people that are suggesting that new game devises need to be added to ESO now (such as open world PvP or individual character banks), please understand that it is far better that the devs put all their effort into fixing many of the game breaking issues that are currently plaguing the game rather than adding new content that will inevitably make fixing these issues harder. I'm all for new content. I would love to see new PvP options in the future and I will be overjoyed if ZOS adds personal banks so that I can truly enjoy playing multiple characters. However any work done on new content is work not be done on fixing some rather serious issues... everything in due time. ;)
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't get why restoring lost bank slots required a ticket.

We know that the information about how many bank slots you should have is right there in your user data, since it knows how much to charge you for the next upgrade.

So why couldn't something like this be done?
    UPDATE `account_data`
    SET `bank_slots` = `bank_cost` * %scalingFactor;

Are there factors other than bank upgrades that can affect bank size? That's the only reason I can think of that simply *fixing* every entry in the DB might be impossible.
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭

I think it was something like 1.6 million subs.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. I love this game, and have not had many problems aside from a couple of quest bugs, one of which was fixed the following day. Keep up the good work. I look forward to the new content coming down the pike.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    do whatever you must to combat the bots and gold sellers, i just kindly ask that you DO NOT put bogus copyright claims upon them to get, for example, their advertizements removed from youtube.

doing such things will only temporarily remove the vid as they can and will get it reinstated because your copyright claim, had no grounds. ontop of that, it puts YOU in an even worse light than the gold spammers and bots you are trying to get rid of.

please, do deal with them, but do so Legitimately.

what gold farmers are doing is a violation of TOS and grounds for a civil law suite which they are only avoiding because it's impossible and too expensive to sue all of them.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 23, 2014 6:17PM
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »
    do whatever you must to combat the bots and gold sellers, i just kindly ask that you DO NOT put bogus copyright claims upon them to get, for example, their advertizements removed from youtube.

doing such things will only temporarily remove the vid as they can and will get it reinstated because your copyright claim, had no grounds. ontop of that, it puts YOU in an even worse light than the gold spammers and bots you are trying to get rid of.

please, do deal with them, but do so Legitimately.

what gold farmers are doing is a violation of TOS and grounds for a civil law suite which they are only avoiding because it's impossible and too expensive to sue all of them.

Agree. How does it put Zen in worse light ?! Sounds like this guy runs a bot service, or buys gold regularly.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 23, 2014 6:16PM

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game needs open world pvp.

There is: it's called Cyrodil. Not everyone wants childish trolls or griefing in their regular play.
    and lol @ there being no one on these forums. What a farce.

Uh what? Did you look in all the categories? The fact that this post alone has 6 pages (atm) of replies to it? I don't see why you think 'forums are dead', considering there are plenty of posts and the game is only a month old.

My only concern is with some of the UI features and the economy. UI features I can get past with some addons (shouldn't have to be necessary though), but the economy...

I do hope they add a more reasonable way to sell things (yes, there, I said it, I want an AH) even though I do see why there isn't one at this point (to protect the economy early on).

As much as I want to be optimistic about the gold spam issue, I doubt they will ever be fully eliminated (if ZOS figures it out, they should patent their method imo; any game with trade-based economy has a plague of these things).

And please, continue to fix the broken quests!! <3
  • Rantog
    Rantog
    ✭✭✭✭
    all erroneously banned accounts were reinstated within about 8 hours. Contrary to some reports,

EXCUSE ME!?
    I am calling a challenge here!

I want to see a Single player - admit that their account was banned in that mess, and that their account was "Reinstanted within about 8 hours."

Because I was on the Phone for longer than that and never got an answer.
    Most of us were on here for nearly that long trying to find out WHY we had been suspended.
    And THEN we lost forum access and went elsewhere.

First you suspend us for Not cheating.
    Then you publicly claim that it was Not Automated, insinuating that each of us had been investigated by a Human and found Guilty somehow.

And now you're going to further insult us by Lying about your 20+ hour Failure to respond to us on the issue?
  • WeeMadAggie
    WeeMadAggie
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update - any update was sorely needed.

I hope you will find time to redesign your forums into something more user friendly but whether you do or not I strongly recommend opening dialogues on social media.
    Getting the message out that you are, in fact, working on the issues at hand isn't a task done once every few weeks but a daily reminder and you need to speak to your players where they are, not where you would like them to be.

I am sure to take a lot of flak for bringing an example of well-handled developer/player interaction from another company but please look to the EQNext team's use of social media for inspiration at least.

I think you have the beginnings of a really great game, but the work has only just begun and I hope to see you successfully handling the follow-through.

• Bardidar
    Bardidar
    Soul Shriven
    Still no Xbox One info? So lame <\3. On the plus side we won't have these annoying gold bots and black markets on console :3.
  • tclark_ESO
    tclark_ESO
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update! Love the game!
  • Bwaite43
    Bwaite43
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_MattFiror Just want to add my Thanks! I am enjoying the game even with the bugs ( that I know will be fixed soon ). Keep working on making this a great game!
  • Dominulf
    Dominulf
    ✭✭✭
    players could manipulate stacks of items in their inventory to create copies. We fixed the problem and banned the accounts of the worst offenders

Contrary to some reports, exploitation of this bug did not result in destabilizing the ESO economy in any way.

So, you banned "the worst offenders", not everyone. This says nothing and a lot at the same time.

How did it not hurt the economy? Should we just take your word for it?
    I know someone who duped 800 Dreugh Wax, is still playing the game, and still has their items circulation.

This 'State of the Game Address' is a public relations and damage control attempt.

A useless post that shed no new information and highligthed shortcomings of the product and public staff denial in the name of good marketing.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - Where the best spells are AoEs and the strongest weapon is a Shield!

"I used to be the most beloved roleplaying series of a generation... but then I took $14.99/mo to the knee."
  • Nylan
    Nylan
    ✭✭
    Good Job ESO team, and btw, don't feed the trolls.
  • masrawy
    masrawy
    Soul Shriven
    ESO is really awesome game and I believe its going to get a lot better but something need to be done to the bots and gold spammers
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    I would be interested to know what the plan is for solo and duo Veteran play.

New quest zone for 4 and 12 man groups great, get your group together and off you go. But what about those down times when you can't get a group together? Is the entire new zone going to be best avoided.

On a side note is there any plans for class/skill specifics in the future content. As a Vampire I have just had to listen to an irate master mage act shocked that I am going to set vampires free and question why I would assist Vampires. Sorry to disappoint mate but the guy your putting all your faith in is a Vampire but it completely seems to have missed your grasp of the obvious.

It would be nice if class played a role in the dialogue or options rather than just being a solely game play mechanic and separate from how people view you or interact. I know its difficult to do but it would make these choices seem more meaningful and not just about finding a fotm build.