Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

State of the Game Address

• Drengir
    Drengir
    Thanks for the update Matt and Zos!

I just want to say that I immensely enjoy the game and think you are on to something.
    Just move the EU servers to..well EU, keep working on bugs and fix abilities/passives! The nightblade class needs to get some serious attention! I love the class and know it's what I want to play but I honestly dont think there is a single passive or ability of theirs that work even semi-perfect or as intended...

Keep up the good work!
  • zazamalek
    zazamalek
    ✭✭✭
    Really appreciate all the work you guys are putting in. You should really add a bot/seller report option to the UI: that way you can aggregate the reports and ease up the stress on your support.

I'm hoping to see some fixes for Cyrodiil soon (we still have infinite loading screens and large groups with more than 12 guildies are still crashing the client). When Cyrodiil does work it's just too much fun. I'm happy to stick around while you get these two blocking issues ironed out.

Launch pains. Everyone has become numb to them because it's the first AAA MMO out in a few years; comparatively you are doing great - keep it up.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update.

Give me a way of disabling xp when I'm gathering mats, opening chests, killing anchors etc so that I don't end up at level 23 with level 16 to 21 quests

explained in more detail here

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/85858/too-much-xp-need-a-way-of-disabling-it/p1

and I'll be the happiest player here
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any news about content not including Craglorn? That zone will affect a tiny ammount of players after all. Any new content for 1-50 or VR1-10?
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update.

Besides the annoying boss bots, I have few complaints.

Keep at it ZOS.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update!

When you say: ..update.. including class and weapon ability tweaks, i really hope you are not starting to balance abilities while so many of them are simply broken or bugged.
  • Krohm
    Krohm
    ✭✭
    Like all thank you for the update but are we going to see dungeon xp increased, as of right now people either don't want to run them or they do them once and there done with them, would love for them to give a little bit better xp and loot.
  • Kastoli
    Kastoli
    Any ETA on Australian servers? The latency is really a problem...
  • Aggelos
    Aggelos
    ✭✭✭
    Great work Zenimax! This is an amazing game keep up the great work!
  • dr.frostb16_ESO
    Great that you provide an update!
    Some things I would have liked to hear about:

-achievements not triggering
    -the EU server still has no ETA on when it will actually move there
    -Customer Support giving wrong and weird responses (For an example, PM)
    -Animation bugs (stuck in weapon swing, among others)

Keep updating and keep having me hooked on the game. I like it.
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting an update. Are these things upcoming or already in?

I would just like to say a couple things. One of the biggest issues I have with the game(besides gold sellers, bots, campers and broken stuff) is the inventory. To me it feels like a free to play game that is limiting you so that you have to buy. Yes we can buy with in game gold and that is nice. However at this point after upgrading bank 3-4 times and every characters inventory 2-3 times I would much rather just pay some real cash and open the space up. There are so many crafting materials that my bank is always full and I spend 30m or so logging on alts grabbing items, logging back on other characters to put more in etc etc. I realize it is a gold sink but I think its a bad choice. It creates discomfort and un-fun waste of gaming time. I notice a lot of things in game are like GW2 Weapon swapping to get more moves, Original guild framework(multiple guilds have a serious lack of guild bank control) I would like to see you grab one more thing from GW2 and that being craft materials go into a complete different place than your bank. A "Material Bank".

Anyhow one of my main hesitations when logging in to play is I know my characters inventory is full and I know all the hassle I am going to have to go through to get him clear and playable again.
    Thanks for listening(if you are)

Have you even played an elder scrolls game? If so how many times, if you didn't cheat, have you had to dump items to get under your carrying weight? Inventory has always been limited in ES games. Why not get rid of all the previous tier mats when you gain a level in one of your skill lines. You could also throw away all the non rare racial/trait stones and provisioning mats. You can buy racial stones from vendors and trait stones are received every time you deconstruct an item. Provisioning mats are stupid easy to get as well walk the docks twice take the mats and go make food then discard the leftover mats. A little bank maintenance can go a long way. The game is working as intended and fine the way it is.
  • Armoril
    Armoril
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see that botters and spammers are a majority of the CS complaints, because in my opinion this is hurting the game even more than quest and combat bugs. I have taken the time out of my day today to report dozens of them, from the ones camping a dungeon boss, to the ones teleporting around collecting ore. But I was in a few of the low level areas starting characters on a new alliance and I seemed to see more of these bots than actual players. I even asked a few to prove if they were human, but they were on auto-pilot, often walking to node spawn locations where the nodes weren't even there (something no human would do). You can usually tell them because they're still wearing the starter armor from Coldharbour and they have names like "bhnmk". I don't mind volunteering some of my free-time to report these people when I see it, but it feels like I'm fighting a losing battle. What we need is a better solution than the report/ban. I could walk around reporting them all day, Zenimax could sit around banning accounts all day, but they're like a hydra: you cut off one head and two more pop up. I know the solution is possible, and it may take some time, perhaps even longer than we want it to, but I'm just glad to see that this is the priority and that it's not going unnoticed.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all over reddit. So if they haven't heard about it, they're not reading the forums or their bug reports.
    So it's "all over Reddit", big deal, that's no reason it's a high priority which I agree, it isn't.

In any case, Vamp is totally OP and people are flocking to it for easy kills because God knows they don't want a fair fight they may actually lose.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 23, 2014 11:53AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xnemesis wrote: »

I would just like to say a couple things. One of the biggest issues I have with the game(besides gold sellers, bots, campers and broken stuff) is the inventory. To me it feels like a free to play game that is limiting you so that you have to buy. Yes we can buy with in game gold and that is nice. However at this point after upgrading bank 3-4 times and every characters inventory 2-3 times I would much rather just pay some real cash and open the space up. There are so many crafting materials that my bank is always full and I spend 30m or so logging on alts grabbing items, logging back on other characters to put more in etc etc. I realize it is a gold sink but I think its a bad choice. It creates discomfort and un-fun waste of gaming time. I notice a lot of things in game are like GW2 Weapon swapping to get more moves, Original guild framework(multiple guilds have a serious lack of guild bank control) I would like to see you grab one more thing from GW2 and that being craft materials go into a complete different place than your bank. A "Material Bank".

Anyhow one of my main hesitations when logging in to play is I know my characters inventory is full and I know all the hassle I am going to have to go through to get him clear and playable again.

Have you even played an elder scrolls game? If so how many times, if you didn't cheat, have you had to dump items to get under your carrying weight? Inventory has always been limited in ES games. Why not get rid of all the previous tier mats when you gain a level in one of your skill lines. You could also throw away all the non rare racial/trait stones and provisioning mats. You can buy racial stones from vendors and trait stones are received every time you deconstruct an item. Provisioning mats are stupid easy to get as well walk the docks twice take the mats and go make food then discard the leftover mats. A little bank maintenance can go a long way. The game is working as intended and fine the way it is.

Join a small friendly guild and use the guild bank to store the cheap stuff like lots of the runes, racial style and trait stones you don't use and so on, then take back stuff you need.
    My main issue now is stored items for future research, however here the guild is very nice ask if somebody can make an junk item with the trait you want and use this for research.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • fragspotpeb18_ESO
    We fixed the problem and banned the accounts of the worst offenders

So, just the worst offenders. Guess I should of duped a few dozen or hundred legendary crafting mats as well then.
  • IvorySamoan
    IvorySamoan
    ✭✭✭
    forums dead, economy dead, company dead, game soon to be dead.

Why are you here? **** off already.
    Just returning some video tapes.........
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, just the worst offenders. Guess I should of duped a few dozen or hundred legendary crafting mats as well then.
    So your solution would be to ... what, exactly?

Assuming the system logs don't provide clear evidence then ZOS' actions have to balance effects achieved versus false positive, meaning they can't afford any collateral damage so they'd have to draw a line where they know full well dome people got away with it.

In any case having "a few hundred" of these things are clearly way above Joe Average so no, you'd not have got away with it either.

Edited by KerinKor on April 23, 2014 12:04PM
  • lylanya
    lylanya
    ✭✭

THIS! The GW2 model for bank space with the separate "collectibles" area is amazing! It's so nice in my GW2 bags to be able to right click on the item in your bag and use the "Deposit Collectible" option. This can be done from anywhere you happen to be in the game (out adventuring, or not within reach of a major city). To retrieve the materials from the bank you must go to a physical bank location. It also breaks down the collectible slots by collection; in the case of ESO, metalworking, clothier, enchanting, alchemy, provisioning...

As far as the spawn camping of dungeon bosses... why not just make a loot or lock out timer? Once you've killed the boss and looted him once, you're
    either not allowed to loot him again for say... 24 to 48 hours or you're locked out of the dungeon alltogether. It worked in every other game. How many times did you see boss campers in Sigmar's or LV or ToVL in Warhammer?
    Co-GM Legions of Mordor
    PC/NA
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    forums dead, economy dead, company dead, game soon to be dead.

Then why are you here? Just had to much spare time and wanted to cry about something? This game is less than 3 weeks old, not sure what you expected this early. I think the game will be much better without people like to with your constant complaining. Let the developers do what they do well or go play another game, plain and simple.

P.S. Your monthly sub fee does not mean the company will cater to everything YOU want.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    slamjeez wrote: »
    I'm thinking about coming back later maybe as well. Current state not so engaging as I thought at the start. Barely got to level 30.
    Still think we need close up 1v1 2v2 3v3 ARENA PvP.
    Cyrodiil PvP for people with average PC is a horrible experience and it is so time consuming. I always have walk more than I fight. Ridiculous, just because I did not want to pay +15 euros.
    Mind boggling.

Get a better computer, if you have no money then get a better job (or a job most likely). It is 2014, it is not very expensive to upgrade a PC these days. Make your own system, easy and very cost effective.

NOTE: This will improve your gaming experience on all games, not just ESO.

Pact Bloodwraith
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, I see people bragging daily about the thousands of legendary mat upgrades they have. Kind of sad.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    do whatever you must to combat the bots and gold sellers, i just kindly ask that you DO NOT put bogus copyright claims upon them to get, for example, their advertizements removed from youtube.

doing such things will only temporarily remove the vid as they can and will get it reinstated because your copyright claim, had no grounds. ontop of that, it puts YOU in an even worse light than the gold spammers and bots you are trying to get rid of.

please, do deal with them, but do so Legitimately.

You seem a bit suspicious, do you represent the gold farmers union?

Pact Bloodwraith
  • camarillagreb17_ESO
    camarillagreb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Cyrodil needs improvements but no open world pvp is needed.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    it is nice to seeing the above mentioned getting done and seeing the results , I would also like to say the forums in general need some attention like war thunder , be more pro active less channels have a general chat.
    if you give people as say they will use it, being pro active and list the problem you get better response not what we get now.
    like the film kellys heros negative airwaves we need more positive ones,
    I would like to suggest we need more gameplay that you have to make a team to do many quests this is after all a mmo,the game plays more like the series ,
    finally please make a new class thief so much fun to be hard reason I am still playing the original elder scrolls have played them all.
    keep up the good work
    ps
    still waitng for me missing bank slots and 10k gold to be sorted
  • Katkon
    Katkon
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. Despite the various issues/bugs, this is still the most fun I've had in a very long time. I'll be playing this for a long while to come.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNk-kLq-_3A
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phenomen wrote: »
    No information on EU server? That's pathetic. There is no chance you get my $15 next month.

Oh No! NOT YOUR $15! That will destroy the game! Please, give them your $15! Not having everything done in 2 weeks is just not acceptable!

PS: I suggest you never buy another MMO game a launch. Maybe your more of a "lobby" gamer. This game is doing very good given it is LESS than a month old!

Pact Bloodwraith
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving the game so far. You guys are doing what needs done, and it's hard work. Keep at it!

Forums aren't dead. They just have the worst setup I've seen in years, having too few usable sections and too many language options. Confusing, and have really made me ignore them almost entirely.

Economy isn't dead. It's just private, and far harder to ruin with large scale issues, because there is no official server-wide auction system. Love it that way!

Game has bugs. But I'm a 10+ year veteran of MMO's. If the quest can't complete, I go do something else. Keep fixing these, guys.

Suggestion? Housing. Fix the grouping issue (allow one player to control quest progression for entire group, and allow players to repeat quests). Give us crime and murder.

Honestly, if it was easier to quest together, I'd be happy. My wife and best friend play solo, unless I have an alt at their level, and that's just wrong.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Khadras
    Khadras
    I see the generation that ruined gaming.

I see people rawr'ing over subs, but gladly paying for dlc's and expansions.

I see people who wasnt around when subs were the norm and the people who think WoW was anything else but a alpha game at its release.

I see fat people wanting that takeaway menu instead of hours of gaming.

I see the failure you bring with you.

I see greedy, slothful and hypocritical gamers destroying the future for MMO's...

And I see wannabe trolls trying to troll this post.

• djodars
    djodars
    ✭✭✭

@liam.dinsdalerwb17_ESO This will never happen... there isn't enough Australian players to warrant their own server. Maybe if the market extends to Asia you'll have a server then.