Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

State of the Game Address

• Jessabella
    Jessabella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful! I have been patiently waiting on PTS to reopen. I can't wait to test out the new stuff! <3
    Mara's Tester <3Psijic Order/PTS Tester
    Jessabella >:)Belladonna Bacia >:)Serves her Master >:)Aurora Rose
    Mara's Moxie <3The Sidekick Order <3The Psijic Order <3Elder Moot
    And my big fat Naked Nord :pAte my Clothes
  • davidmendez1134ub17_ESO
    Thx for the update
  • Phenomen
    Phenomen
    ✭✭
    No information on EU server? That's pathetic. There is no chance you get my $15 next month.
  • nbradetteb16_ESO
    nbradetteb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You guys can do it :) I am very much a person who appreciates the "bigger picture". I want this game to succeed, and I hope it does. Keep up the good work!
  • mcramer3dartistb14_ESO
    Contrary to some reports, exploitation of this bug did not result in destabilizing the ESO economy in any way. - That comment is what makes me ( one of your biggest supports and streamers on twitch ) want to quit your game. Either A. You are blind at what it really did, or B. Don't want to acknowledge the full, complete, problem.
    Edited by mcramer3dartistb14_ESO on April 23, 2014 4:29AM
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contrary to some reports, exploitation of this bug did not result in destabilizing the ESO economy in any way. - That comment is what makes me ( one of your biggest supports and streamers on twitch ) want to quit your game. Either A. You are blind at what it really did, or B. Don't want to acknowledge the full, complete, problem.

Deagan? Force? Liar? Troll?

I haven't seen much that it has done but i'm in my own little "economy bubble" as I'm pretty sure MOST people are (and was the purpose of guild stores)
    Edited by Laura on April 23, 2014 4:36AM
  • Noswell
    Noswell
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff. One of these a week would really be welcome if you have the time :)
  • fantom
    fantom
    ESO's forum layout sucks, that's no surprise.

Personally I haven't had gamebreaking issues at all, and the in game world seems just as populated as ever, and I'm in veteran content. Actually it's gotten more populated as people hit 50.

We'll see how long it takes them to get the Adventure Zone rolled out and how that content works. That'll be the turning point good or bad for ESO.
  • cobbdb14_ESO
    Thanks for the update. I've really enjoyed this game so far and am excited to see what the future holds.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phenomen wrote: »
    No information on EU server? That's pathetic. There is no chance you get my $15 next month.

someone didnt read the subscription ToS.

they can get your 15$ for next month whether you like it or not.
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    forums dead, economy dead, company dead, game soon to be dead.
    What in the world are you even talking about!? You are a joke right?

Edited by AstroCat on April 23, 2014 4:48AM
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, and more communication is a must!
    Edited by AstroCat on April 23, 2014 4:48AM
  • Verzwei
    Verzwei
    Fingers are crossed for some class/weapon ability fixes once the major quest bugs are sorted out. Nightblade's kit is in a rather disappointing place. Haste doesn't provide attack speed after morphing, Leeching Strikes only returns 2.4% max health instead of 4% like the tooltip states, there are a few passives that don't work or don't trigger properly, etc. etc.

Definitely understand that account, character, and quest bugs need priority, just hoping to see some of this "smaller stuff" worked on soon.
  • Kaytlin
    Kaytlin
    ✭✭✭
    Hey here is a novel concept to combat gold sellers....Don't buy from them!.... If they have no buyers they will disappear! Not too complicated.
    As for those having problems with Cyrodiil, Not sure where you are playing but I have been in groups of over 150 players on our side, and no lag issues. If you are having lag try setting video to medium rather than ultra!
    Broken quests.. Well I can think of many so called legendary games (WOW, for example) that were far worse in their first 2 weeks.
    This is the best game out there right now for many of my friends. If it's not for you sorry, there are other games out there for you to try and find your ideal. Hope it works out for ya!
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    TGEK wrote: »
    forums dead, economy dead, company dead, game soon to be dead.

Forums being dead is the biggest shock to me. I would love to see how many subs they have, and how many they are going to lose when the 1 month is up.

The game won't die, but it will definitely go F2P within 12-18 months.

dead forums ... live game ... forum warrior wants more pvp? ... try logging into game?
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    do whatever you must to combat the bots and gold sellers, i just kindly ask that you DO NOT put bogus copyright claims upon them to get, for example, their advertizements removed from youtube.

doing such things will only temporarily remove the vid as they can and will get it reinstated because your copyright claim, had no grounds. ontop of that, it puts YOU in an even worse light than the gold spammers and bots you are trying to get rid of.

please, do deal with them, but do so Legitimately.

last i heard one needed license from Coca Cola in order to use their brand to advertise commercial activity?
  • wdadams1965ub17_ESO
    I am glad to see that you are starting to talk to us finally. Thank you.

You are not running a FTP game so please don't treat it as such. You are asking your paying customers to play your game and to continue paying you so that they can play your game . For this to happen you are going to have to start treating the game as such. This post is a step in the right direction.

But if you want 14.99 a month from me every month you going to have to give me something in return . Not a game that has gotten more bugger as time has passed . Its not just the quest btw. Class bugs as well . the list is very long. and seems to be getting longer.

All in All I am glad your are working on some of the stuff. just not sure that after this 30 days is up . I am not sure that the current state of the game is worth 14.99a month for more of long down times , bugged out quest , broken class skills. Long Long zoning times on the weekends. Not so sure the mega server is all its cut out to be.

I don't mean to come off so harsh. But some one has to say it.
    Edited by wdadams1965ub17_ESO on April 23, 2014 5:03AM
  • haoleflipub17_ESO
    This game needs open world pvp.

THIS! FREAKING THIS!^^^^
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on April 23, 2014 5:27AM
  • stefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO
    Keep up the good work... You guys are getting there and I for one appreciate all the hard work you are putting into it.... But we do need a cute Female Khajiit avatar on the forum though :)
    The statement "if you put enough monkeys behind enough typewriters... sooner or later one will produce the works of Shakespeare" has sadly been proven utterly wrong by the internet...
  • SoMuchMass
    Here is a tip for ZoS, you need to communicate better. You know why? If you don't the trolls will speak for the game and their voice will be the loudest. So it is your job to speak over them and keep people informed. If you are open people are understanding.
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Stop asking for new feature guys the game need to be fixed for the moment

Good work i really love the game
    But
    When yo usay 7 to 10 day before patch release it usually mean 15 day in mmo.It's a very long time to wait.
    Not a word about Bot ??? Seriously ???
    You're starting skill balancing now ? This is the worst moment for that, lot of player are pretty pissed off, most are nervous.
    You made some dangerous choice be carefull with skill "tweak" players are really susceptible with that.
  • gladen5rwb17_ESO
    gladen5rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One reason so many people are not on this forum is because they are confronted with "You have not been invited", in so many words. In order to be able to get onto this web site, some had to petition to do so. This is amusing yet atrocious at the same time.

Fix this problem. Anyone with a game account should be able to access this web site without any issue.

I am curious as to how you believe that the economy was not effected. Unless you have banned all those players that were a part of the duping and removed their legendary copies of items and gold. If so, then the problem is solved or being solved. However, the damage was done via others buying items and having them available to use or spend.

Some quest bugs have been fixed, others said to be fixed were not. Stating they are fixed in the patch notes merely shows that the fix was not tested enough.

Communicating with your public is paramount. Yet we have been requesting this since release. Questions as to what is going to be done about loss of game bank slots, items and gold was met with dead silence. No need to mention more examples. Please consider that the reputation of this game is boarder line. Never in my gaming experience have I had to listen to the types of discussions in /zone chat, threatening to leave, leaving, not recommending to friends or family, not recommending guild mates from other games to try this game and on top of that, the ever present Angry Joe who had the 20s age groups in his pocket.

Whilst this man is not my cup of tea, he does have an impact on your game. His last review of this game was dismal. It will and does effect your subscription base and reputation. Other web sites are mimicking the same. In order to repair the damage done, Customer Service needs to up their game and respond with less role play, more seriousness to the petition and less standard auto responses. An apology here is not seen unless web sites such as Tamriel Foundry or Reddit are willing to post on your behalf.

Offering the player base a reward for their loyalty would be a good start. Having in game GM's offer small events is another. Having in game GM's attend to dungeons and suspend accounts for botting on the spot is also another. Other games have stood the test of time because of in game GM's, having them in ESO would inject fun and that oh so old feeling of awe and amusement. Being seen is being believed.

Good luck with your endeavor to make this game a success. I want it to be, others would also.

Regards,

A potential loyal customer.

• Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to get round to some balancing patches and fix some of the broken abilities. The NB for one is seriously gimped with so many broken abilities
  • rcfouts_ESO
    rcfouts_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    My guild has all pretty much quit already, so the fact that nothing in this addresses the fact that this is the least social MMO ever created really matters much. Game has so many devastating issues that the botters and gold sellers don't even scratch the surface. "Fix" the duping bug by disabling stacking in guild banks, making an already retardedly painful banking process with the lag, even worse when your 500 slots are completely full of stacks of 100 items, scattered about in stacks of 1-10.

What other online game actively punishes you for playing with friends?
    "We will make sure that no matter where you live, every player in North America, Europe, Oceania, and many places beyond will have a polished, lag-free launch experience" - Matt Firor
  • Sunstone
    Sunstone
    Since the update 22/04/2014 - I and many guild members have been getting lots of disconnects when someone joins a party in pvp. Also loosing leader status and have it given to a random person on disconnect is quite annoying. Oh and sometimes a party can be formed with no leader in pve/dungeons.
  • Tajich
    Tajich
    ✭✭

THIS! FREAKING THIS!^^^^

It has open world PvP: Cyrodill. They just need to increase the quest experience
    points by 200%
    Edited by Tajich on April 23, 2014 6:21AM
  • Adhal
    Adhal
    ✭✭✭
    Since there seems to be a huge lack of this here, I for one would like to say thanks for all the hard work you guys have been putting into the game. Its painfully obvious that a lot of people playing this game haven't played an MMO launch before and I will say it has been the smoothest that I have been a part of recently.
    Most games I have played you are lucky if you get bug fixes once a month, and you guys have been pumping them out 2-3 times a week. And the duping bugs have been getting taken care of fast despite what some other people are trying to say. Hell I know for a fact blizz let a duping bug slide for almost a year w/o fixing it.
    I will say I really hope there is some tweaking to the NB class, especially in pve. There have been some enemies in VR ranks that have been an absolute pain since I can't stun them, they see me through vanish, and there ranged instant attacks take off over half my health.
    Anyways just want to say thanks again and looking forward to playing for a long while!

PS: forgot to say F harvesters and storm atronauchs! :D
  • Flayedalive
    Thank you for the update. It's good to know you're combatting all the gold spammers and bots.

Since patch 1.05 I have been crashing a lot, several times a night for doing the most mundane things in the game and once on initiating combat.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like a hole in the head. PVP belongs in its own little silo where the majority can avoid it.

• sahib
    sahib
    ✭✭✭

They ever do that, I leave immediately.