The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tonic Of Accelerated Time

Alan_Hawk
Alan_Hawk
anyone have any idea how to use this? I can't drink it or wear it.
  • Millitum
    Millitum
    ✭✭
    It's bugged at the moment I believe. Even the icon for the item comes up as "?"
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    What's it supposed to be, an XP buff of some sort? And can you craft it, or is it a drop?
  • Vraok
    Vraok
    I got both the tonics of intoxiating strength and the one of accelerated time - I have no idea what to do with them.
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    yeah, I have both of them too, it's definitely bugged.
  • aidan8et
    aidan8et
    They're listed as Trophy-type items. Those are used solely as vanity Quickslot items primarily for RP purposes. Another example is the Bear Trap that AD gets early on (it doesn't actually trap bears)
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    technical support for the game lists it as a problem, they know they aren't supposed to be trophy items and are working on fixing them. don't throw them out, they are supposed to be drinkable.
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like to say tonic of accelerated time causes time to fly by when you use it. After you drink it, hours go by in the blink of an eye!
  • sean17ramiresb16_ESO
    sean17ramiresb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I like to say tonic of accelerated time causes time to fly by when you use it. After you drink it, hours go by in the blink of an eye!
    no that's just a side effect of playing eso, don't need a potion for that lol

• Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    I THINK the tonic of accelerated time just makes you move faster. I'm hoping the strength one gives you massive stamina, or health, or both. And I'm hoping that both potions boost your stats in that area permanently.
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered the same thing. I thought it might be some type of xp potion. Maybe it's a placeholder.
    Edited by Blud on May 3, 2014 10:39PM
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    no idea. but they still haven't fixed it. They do admit that it's supposed to be something you can use thought.
  • unicorn1844
    I ended up selling both of those because I just didnt have room to keep them. Trophy items seem to be a waste of space imho. Just give me the gold and I am happier.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up selling both of those because I just didnt have room to keep them. Trophy items seem to be a waste of space imho. Just give me the gold and I am happier.

I hardly think that the ability to projectile vomit on cue is a "waste of space."
    ----
    Murray?
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Over a month later since the OP posted this I just picked up Accelerated Time as a drop. Anything new? It still doesn't look like it does anything. I'll try to leave mine alone in the Bank.
  • blauschwinge
    blauschwinge
    ✭✭
    The two tonics seem to have mysteriously vanished from my Misc Mule's Inventory. WTF??? I earned those, dont just ninja-patch take them away REPAIR THE CRAP.
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to resurrect this thread because I think it is now relevant to ZOS intentions for the business model of ESO.

These are the xp potions in April 2014, but were left in the game during the buggy launch.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blud wrote: »
    I want to resurrect this thread because I think it is now relevant to ZOS intentions for the business model of ESO.

These are the xp potions in April 2014, but were left in the game during the buggy launch.

For love of god not everything is a conspiracy towards F2P/P2W concept sometime is just a trophy things jesus!!!!

Now when we know it go to be B2P everything that is outside regular thing people start to thing "OOO NO IT GO TO BE ADD TO CASH SHOP!!!" have anyone even think that maybe it is thing that will be add in patch 1.6 but somehow have get bug so it show early in game anyone think about that?
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity