The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

In 15 years of MMOs, i never had this happen to me (Positive thread)

debiru1982b16_ESO
I had no idea where to put this thread, but Art is what it is.

I was running around questing as i usual do, had to put some stuff in my bank so i sought one out, the closes was Velyn Harbour.

Ran in and did my depositing and what not.

And i heard some singing that i tought was nice, the more i heard of the song the better i tought it was, so i found the NPC in the second floor.

Gilinora Birdsong.

I have been listning to her for 20 mins now, i even ate my breakfast infront listning, i just whould hate to move and let this end.

Who ever who does her singing has a truly amazing voice, the music is just so amazing to listen to, i really don`t want to go questing again.

Moreover, sevral other players has come up and claped danced, or just stood around listning to her.

Also in one of the starting areas, i found a bard in a pub who i enjoyed listning to, but nothing as good as this.

I do wish there is some way to get a hold of the bard music in this game, short of frapsing it or recording it from the game.

ESO album on spotify whould be my permanent game music, hell i whould even listen to it when i play other games.

Anyway, thanks to who ever hired this woman, and who wrote the music, and the performer, litle chance i assume she ever hears of it, but, she should.
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-lGevvO2vw

Malukah most likely ;-) Some of the other voice talent is great also
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Malukah!!
  • Micha_Em
    Micha_Em
    Soul Shriven
    I'm so glad you found the singing NPC! I also loved the music as soon as I entered that bank but I couldn't find the bard. Now I'm going to head right back there and find her on the second floor.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, it's little touches like this that make it a very awesome world to explore. I also like the fact that I can be wandering around and find random loot chests in the oddest places.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • reirao
    reirao
    word. :)<3
  • debiru1982b16_ESO
    This song in the link and Red Diamond was the one that made me write this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_pLkIQZ2bQ
  • debiru1982b16_ESO
    But, on most of her songs i see it says they are covers, so i do not belive she is the one in the game, also the song i linked and the one ingame sounds rather diffrent.
  • Foxesz
    Foxesz
    ✭✭✭
    But, on most of her songs i see it says they are covers, so i do not belive she is the one in the game, also the song i linked and the one ingame sounds rather diffrent.

I quote from the video linked by Antil:
    Hey guys! I had the opportunity to compose music for several bard songs in Elder Scrolls Online! :) I also got to record these songs, along with several other vocalists. You'll hear those performances throughout Tamriel! (This is a reverby cover, the original in-game songs are natural sounding, of course!)

It's definitely her. :)
    I'm a roleplayer through and through, questions regarding that are always welcome!
  • daitox
    daitox

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2014/02/26/creating-eso-music

She created some of the music but on her youtube she puts reverb covers from them, so they will sound different indeed. But yeah it is probably her.
  • debiru1982b16_ESO
    The second my email notified i got replies here, a IRL friend send me the link on FB about the same thing^^

Yeah, when seeing that, i assume its her.
  • Pojunarf
    Pojunarf
    Soul Shriven
    I'm also a fan of this bard! Went up to her, just to have her songs while reading :)
  • jasterslegacy2000b14_ESO
    Can you find this singer in the Eponheart Pact by chance? It would be a good place for a guild meeting. I was skeptical when reading this at first but she really is pretty good lol.
  • McUsher
    McUsher
    ✭✭
    I don't know about Ebonheart, but for Daggerfall Covenant, her voice can be found in the Tavern of Wayrest.

I am a big fan of her.
    Are you still old school or yet unprogressive?
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    *swoon* I'm innn looooovvveeee *sigh*
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • LordNowe
    LordNowe
    ✭✭
    Thank gods this came up as the only search for Gilinora Birdsong on Google...Thanks for the youtube links, all!
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to make a thread about this myself but stumbled upon the art section.

I completely agree, I literally bank, go up stairs and listen to the bard sing for a good 5-10 minutes.. People can complain all they want about ESO, but gosh, the bards are pretty amazing (Well namely Malukah for me).
    Edited by The_Sadist on May 12, 2014 3:00AM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • snigernissen
    snigernissen
    ✭✭
    check out her skyrim cover if you havent allready, its awsome
    youtube.com/watch?v=wr-buV4tYOA
    Edited by snigernissen on May 17, 2014 8:50PM
  • Azzouron
    Azzouron
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to sit down and listen to the Malukah bards sing.
    I came across her during the BETA in Khenarthi's roost. Sometimes I even attempt to play the flute along side, if I can manage to even play the correct song in time that is ^-^.

Finally we have bards that can sing in tune!
    Azourelle, a V2 Imperial Templar and loyal protector of Queen Ayrenn.
    Hoarder of alchemy reagents, saviour of guar.
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    check out her skyrim cover if you havent allready, its awsome
    youtube.com/watch?v=wr-buV4tYOA

She started with that song as a Skyrim fan.Then she ended up working for Zeni.Awesome!
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite.This one was done pre-release,its even featured in ESO site unde "media".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwp8UxIY_iM
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like the older Nord voice actor's (he was in skyrim) singing a lot. Warrior goood-ess..
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • Arora
    Arora
    ✭✭✭
    I got her version of Dovahkin on my Itunes
    Arora Moon - EB- Nightblade
    Arora Moonlight- EB- Sorcerer
    - GM Souless-

Hail Sithis - Glory to the Night Mother

• Aok
    Aok
    Soul Shriven
    I cant believe I did the exact same thing. I been listening to this VOICE for months and finally I had to go look for the NPC who is singing. I will ONLY do my banking in MALABAL TOR because of her.
  • Silkesh
    Silkesh
    ✭✭
    I must admit (with a little shame) that I often run the beginning of the credits before playing TESO, just to listen to the "Beauty of Dawn" song accompanying those credits (the song is looped, so I generally listen to one round).
    Just try running the credits before loging in, if you never noticed, you will not regret it.
  • Aok
    Aok
    Soul Shriven
    Gilinora Birdsong (Malukah) was singing in the Trader's Rest in Velyn Harbor, Malabar Tor, she cycles through alot of her songs. I am totally amazed how a persons voice can enthral me when in general I do not like music. Good work and good luck in your career Malukah. I hope i can find an album of this kind of music that is soothing and fantasy based and sounds like this woman. My wife and I just keep the game on so we can here you!
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard her sing in the game and I also stopped close by to listen as well. It is touches like this that make for me ESO one of the best MMO's out there. A small detail that adds some depth to a otherwise non descriptive location.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aok wrote: »
    Gilinora Birdsong (Malukah) was singing in the Trader's Rest in Velyn Harbor, Malabar Tor, she cycles through alot of her songs. I am totally amazed how a persons voice can enthral me when in general I do not like music. Good work and good luck in your career Malukah. I hope i can find an album of this kind of music that is soothing and fantasy based and sounds like this woman. My wife and I just keep the game on so we can here you!

Indeed. Usually every Friday evening, I go there with my Templar, pull a chair, listen her singing and reading the books I found over the the last week.

And funnily enough I am not the only one who does so. :D

This game is so much more, than a simple "MMO". Is probably the first proper mmoRPG.
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on July 27, 2014 11:02PM
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree!
    Malukah is great!
    And I'll go all in...
    I listen to the soundtrack when not playing.
    It is in my head all the time!
    It ain't easy being green.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is so much more, than a simple "MMO". Is probably the first proper mmoRPG.

BINGO!

It ain't easy being green.