The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Restoring Missing Bank Slots/Items & Skill Points

• mendesub17_ESO
    My situation remains the same, I opened a new ticket yesterday asking them to restore my bank slots and they didn't even answer my ticket. I'm losing my hopes.

My ticket: 140418-040279
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what I would like to know (and probably several others, thus please post update on this on first post) is in what manner can/will you try to restore the missing stuff? Is it a real attempt so get back to some logs/DB Backups and restore it from there or are you just going to reinstate the (claimed) missing slots or maybe just the gold cost of it so we might buy back the slots right away?
    I'm quoting the full text of the email I received below. Note the last 2 paragraphs concerning specific items.

So we get gold as compensation. If, in addition to that, you want your Club of Awesomeness back, then they work with you on that as well.
    For the knights of the King,
    Thank you for your patience while we investigated this item loss issue. We understand that item loss is extremely frustrating. We wanted to ensure all possible avenues were exhausted before attempting a resolution. We have identified the cause of the item loss and this should be solved in the upcoming patch.

In your case, restoring the individual lost items lost would take significant additional time. Therefore, instead of restoring individual items that are easily replaceable in game, we are adding an appropriate amount of gold to your account to make up for the lost items. Please use this gold in game to replace your lost items at your discretion from vendors or other players. We apologize for any inconvenience this resolution may cause, but we believe this is the fastest way for you to recover the value of your lost items. We you hope find the gold we have added to your account a sufficient resolution to this issue.

We recognize this solution is not ideal for some rare items you may be missing. If there are any unique or specific items that you would like restored, please help us by identifying those items by name. If possible, we will restore those specific items on a case by case basis. This is a lengthy process so we ask in advance for your patience should you request we restore a specific item in this manner.

For specific item restoration, please submit a /help ticket, referencing that we have already restored your gold, and let us know exactly which item (by name) you would like us to try to retrieve. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you and appreciate your patience while we work towards a satisfactory resolution.

May you always find adventure,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • stefan9
    stefan9
    ✭✭
    ...stop being stupid posting your ticket-IDs and laments here. just read the first post in this thread, act accordingly and have more patience.
    I know this is a very frustrating bug but being an *** here on the forums doesn't improve anything. Let them do their job, they will eventually get to everyone affected.

If they did their job properly and resolved the tickets in a timely manner there would be no issue...

• rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ...stop being stupid posting your ticket-IDs and laments here. just read the first post in this thread, act accordingly and have more patience.
    I know this is a very frustrating bug but being an *** here on the forums doesn't improve anything. Let them do their job, they will eventually get to everyone affected.
    I only sent in one ticket so far knowing very well that sending tickets/emails in every day will only delay things because the support team has to read through all the garbage mutliple times..

@ZOS_GinaBruno what I would like to know (and probably several others, thus please post update on this on first post) is in what manner can/will you try to restore the missing stuff? Is it a real attempt so get back to some logs/DB Backups and restore it from there or are you just going to reinstate the (claimed) missing slots or maybe just the gold cost of it so we might buy back the slots right away?

With all due respect, no one is in ANY position to throw insults around and call peoples posts "stupid" and then try to take the "moral high ground" by telling people to "have patience". Your post is not helpful in the slightest, it is condescending and a veiled attempt at trolling.

Now, contrary to your statement, in all probability posting our reference numbers HELPS the team because then they don't have to go hunting through all the outstanding tickets to find ones specific to the people who are posting in HERE. Also posting the ticket numbers helps the CS team to filter out multiple posts that contain the same number.

And lastly, some of us have multiple tickets because FIRST we created an in-game ticket. THEN we raised one because we heard NOTHING. And THEN the CS team TOLD people to raise a ticket via the website.

So I would suggest that you get your facts straight before you jump on people and call their multiple references "stupid".

And btw, I DID respond to the CS team directly via email, giving them the information they requested. And that was AFTER the latest patch. I have heard absolutely NOTHING back. Not even the obligatory "Fob off" templated email response.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 19, 2014 1:53PM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • RoverCat
    RoverCat
    ✭✭
    I didn't receive an email or anything saying my ticket was resolved, but after relogging due to a failed transfer, I had sum of gold in my inventory that was enough to cover my missing bank slots with a little extra. I'm hoping that's why the gold was there at least, because that's what I used it for...
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting to hear about restoring my bank slots and items or appropriate compensation. Nothing in my email for several days now.
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    I have to say also, judging by dates/times. I think I was one of the first ones hit by it. SO my ticket is "early on". I have to say, I don't understand for the need for multiple tickets? I had one from the start and just "marked my place" before the expiry to keep it open.

I am wondering if people submitting multiple tickets are somehow getting pushed to the back of the queue or something.

As I opened one, responded and left it at that. Even when marked as solved. I didn't keep on and on and on.
    Edited by Mememe on April 19, 2014 1:55PM
  • cody_ESO
    cody_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Well, by virtue of omission in the response Altairien posted, it seems like we could go ahead and buy new bank slots, but I'd still like some confirmation since they don't even mention part of the gold as compensation for missing slots.
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    ...stop posting your ticket-IDs and laments here. just read the first post in this thread, act accordingly and have more patience.
    I know this is a very frustrating bug but talking here on the forums doesn't improve anything. Let them do their job, they will eventually get to everyone affected.
    I only sent in one ticket so far knowing very well that sending tickets/emails in every day will only delay things because the support team has to read through all the garbage mutliple times..

I did as they asked and sent in my details via the web link in the first post on this thread and they have yet to respond that was last night for me and so far I have heard nothing. Also sent in another one this morning thinking that the ticket got lost, but got a message in game saying I still had one ticket outstanding.

With tickets being closed without being resolved and tickets not being answered they are not doing their job. As a paying customer(s) we have every right to post here and show our discontentment about the whole situation.

Your veiled attempts to troll people with a serious problem to their accounts shows how low your knowledge really is on this matter, and posts such as yours does nothing to help. So either stop posting tripe or say something constructive.

• ColdAlloy
    ColdAlloy
    Soul Shriven
    Was the loss of skill points incredibly obvious (i.e. went back to 0)? I'm worried that I lost some and then I won't find out until I've gotten every other skill point and find out the max is supposed to be higher or something...

I guess I was just expecting that once they fixed the bug, they'd do the research / automate the tools needed to fix the problems for those that were affected.
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mememe wrote: »
    I have to say, I don't understand for the need for multiple tickets? I had one from the start and just "marked my place" before the expiry to keep it open.

I am wondering if people submitting multiple tickets are somehow getting pushed to the back of the queue or something.

As I opened one, responded and left it at that. Even when marked as solved. I didn't keep on and on and on.

Some of us have multiple tickets for this issue because we originally raised our tickets in-game, and were later instructed (via the forums) to raise a CS ticket via the website:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/77461/missing-bank-items-bank-slots-skill-points/p1
    Last night, we performed a maintenance to address the long loading times that many were reporting, and some of the missing bank item issues. If you are still missing bank items, deposited gold, bank slots, and/or skill points, please submit a help request either in-game or via our help portal here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask/ We are actively investigating this issue.

It is therefore prudent for each of us to post ALL the ticket refs that we raised for this issue as they are all connected.

As someone who has worked in a CS and Tech support departments before, the more information a customer gives to you, the easier your job is to resolve their issue, and the quicker it will be to get to the next person with an issue.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 19, 2014 2:18PM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    I have to say, I don't understand for the need for multiple tickets? I had one from the start and just "marked my place" before the expiry to keep it open.

Some of us have multiple tickets for this issue because we originally raised our tickets in-game, and were later instructed (via the forums) to raise a CS ticket via the website:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/77461/missing-bank-items-bank-slots-skill-points/p1
    Last night, we performed a maintenance to address the long loading times that many were reporting, and some of the missing bank item issues. If you are still missing bank items, deposited gold, bank slots, and/or skill points, please submit a help request either in-game or via our help portal here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask/ We are actively investigating this issue.

It is therefore prudent for each of us to post ALL the ticket refs that we raised for this issue as they are all connected.

As someone who has worked in a CS and Tech support departments before, the more information a customer gives to you, the easier your job is to resolve their issue, and the quicker it will be to get to the next person with an issue.

That's not instructing you to open a ticket in game and from the forums. It says EITHER not BOTH. So I don't know why people would do both? When I saw that post, admittedly they don't clarify whether to open a new one or not...but a leap of common sense told me no, just get my existing one updated and not solved by responding.

I already had a ticket open from in game, so did not bother opening another on the link.

As I already had a ticket open. I replied with that one saying "Just seen the post on the forums, I haven't opened a new ticket as it's the same issue. So just updating my ticket to say I have not had the gold back for lost bank slots".

Was updated and escalated and 3 days later I'm sorted. I'm just offering up the theory that possibly, people submitting multiple tickets are maybe somehow hampering their response times.

I was patient and in the end it took a couple of weeks to resolve for me. So for the latecomers, they've got a lot of tickets to go through.

If you've worked in tech support, you'll know it's easier to solve if there is a concise description of an issue in one place. A moving thread...not different tickets, and streams of information being dealt with different teams.

One ticket which you reply/update with is always the easiest and quickest way to solve a problem.

I think people here are being pretty impatient and I also think bombarding support with rage filled repetitive tickets is probably slowing the whole response time down. That's my theory on it and tbh, I don't think it's a difficult one to understand.

I got my issue solved on the back of one single ticket, it didn't need loads. Oh I also needed patience.
    Edited by Mememe on April 19, 2014 2:30PM
  • Valije
    Valije
    ✭✭✭
    How can I check ticket status?

I submitted a couple of them ingame and never got any answer or ticket number or anything. Then I submit another one after the patch using the webpage. Did not get any answer or nor automatic information that my ticket was correctly created, but this time I have a number: 140418-047386

The funny thing is I know my mail is correctly configurated and Zenimax know about it because I did get automatic notifications everytime I report spam or bots.

O_o. I was very fortunate because I only lost 20 bank slots. Should I buy them again and expect that amount of gold back in my account or should I wait until I get all my slots back? Someone said he got gold but I preffer an official statement about how to proceed.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks, we're tracking down some answers to your questions, and will post in this thread as soon as we get some clarification on a few things. Thanks for hanging in there.

Evidence that nobody pays attention to these forums.
    Arato wrote: »
    Is there any ETA on when we'll get stuff back? it's been about a week for me, and a guildmate of mine just lost his bank this morning so I don't know about it being "fixed" yet.

So the issues hasn't been fixed?
    Edited by kewl on April 19, 2014 2:30PM
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    Things won't be being restored. You will however get an appropriate amount of compensation in game via gold to compensate you for your losses.

Same thing happened to me when I logged in today, had monetary compensation deposited on to my main character. :smile:
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    Knottypine wrote: »
    Things won't be being restored. You will however get an appropriate amount of compensation in game via gold to compensate you for your losses.

Same thing happened to me when I logged in today, had monetary compensation deposited on to my main character. :smile:

Snap and for those asking. I didn't lose items. Just bank slot upgrades. :) I had already re purchased some bank upgrades before I realised that it could happen again.

There are NO rollbacks, re issuing of lost items, unless you are specifically requesting it, which can take time.

They'll just dump loads of gold onto your main and any new upgrades remain.
    Edited by Mememe on April 19, 2014 2:36PM
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cody_ESO wrote: »
    How can it possibly take this long to tell us whether we can buy new slots while waiting for restoration?

8+ days of 60 bank slots. Plenty of people have spent longer than that. Now that the problem has been fixed I feel like I'm getting penalized for the bug twice since I have to wait around for you to tell me whether or not I can upgrade my bank without worrying about it being overwritten whenever someone finally gets around to addressing my original ticket.

@cody_ESO‌ Yep, kind of in limbo here and my 30 free days are running out.

Please, ZOS, give me a reason to resub.
  • stefan9
    stefan9
    ✭✭

I think people here are being pretty impatient and I also think bombarding support with rage filled repetitive tickets is probably slowing the whole response time down. That's my theory on it and tbh, I don't think it's a difficult one to understand.

I got my issue solved on the back of one single ticket, it didn't need loads. Oh I also needed patience.

Sorry we have been waiting for 2 weeks. Patient has run out. Items need to be restored within hours not days/weeks.

If support gave an actually eta people would be maybe willing to wait a little bit longer but not with vague response we are getting.
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    Snap and for those asking. I didn't lose items. Just bank slot upgrades. :) I had already re purchased some bank upgrades before I realised that it could happen again.
    I had lost some items, but I was at the point that since they were low level items anyway that I wouldn't remember from almost 3 weeks ago, I specifically asked in my ticket for my missing slots to be fixed only by updating my ticket yesterday... and am fixed up today and repurchased bank upgrades with the gold compensation.
    Edited by Knottypine on April 19, 2014 2:53PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, thanks for your patience. We'd like to clarify a few things for you:

When we stated that you should provide what went missing in terms of bank slots, items, gold, or skill points, you only need to state which of these went missing in the general sense. We don't require you to list out specific item names or exactly how many bank slots. If you were missing bank slots specifically, you should expect to receive gold to re-purchase your slots, and not the actual slots themselves.

At this time, it is safe to purchase bank slots in-game regardless if you lost any, as the original issue has been fixed. For those that are missing slots, doing so will not void previous missing slot compensation.

Finally, our Support Team will be handling these requests as they receive them - it will not be done in a future patch. Support has already begun to respond to these tickets, but please understand that due to heavy volume, it will take some time to get through all of them.

Hope this helps! We'll update the first post in this thread with this information as well.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Underthing
    Underthing
    ✭✭
    Edit for clarification:

When we stated that you should provide what went missing in terms of bank slots, items, gold, or skill points, you only need to state which of these went missing in the general sense. We don't require you to list out specific item names or exactly how many bank slots. If you were missing bank slots specifically, you should expect to receive gold to re-purchase your slots, and not the actual slots themselves.

At this time, it is safe to purchase bank slots in-game regardless if you lost any, as the original issue has been fixed. For those that are missing slots, doing so will not void previous missing slot compensation.

Thanks very much for this mornings clarification.

• karstenb16_ESO7
    karstenb16_ESO7
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knottypine wrote: »

Did you also receive an email from Support explaining that you received compensation for so many slots, so many items, and stored gold? I.e. do I need to figure out what I think I should receive and keep track of how much gold each of my characters has?

It's great that we can start rebuying slots, but off the top of my head I'm not sure what the gold equivalent of 40 slots is. :)

Edited by Imryll on April 19, 2014 3:33PM
  • stefan9
    stefan9
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone, thanks for your patience. We'd like to clarify a few things for you:

Finally, our Support Team will be handling these requests as they receive them - it will not be done in a future patch. Support has already begun to respond to these tickets, but please understand that due to heavy volume, it will take some time to get through all of them.

Hope this helps! We'll update the first post in this thread with this information as well.

ETA is needed....Saying it will take some time is very vague and doesn't provide an adequate answer.

Edited by stefan9 on April 19, 2014 3:33PM
  • cody_ESO
    cody_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Thank you, Gina.
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭

Thank you very much. The gold reimbursement was definitely the way to go, so that people can immediately begin buying slots now and continue playing, without having to worry about voiding possible slot reimbursement when accounts are fixed.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Semi-related question, ZOS_GinaBruno. As part of the bank glitch (or at least, at tne exact same time as it) I received all the bonus mails with attachments. Is it ok to take those? It won't cause any probs, right?

ETA: I should probably make clear, I RE-recieved those emails -- had already recieved them before
    Edited by seanolan on April 19, 2014 3:54PM
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've received generous compensation for my missing slots and items; so generous, in fact, that I was able to purchase several additional bank upgrades with lots left over for character bank upgrades, horse feedings, and so on, for some time into the future.

I'm satisfied with this resolution of the issue, and I'm ready to move on.
  • Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update, glad to hear I can start buying slots again while I wait for CS to fix my issue.

Any word on what we should do with extra maps and pets? CS has told people it was ok to keep them as an extra bonus to make up for the hassle. Is this accurate?
  • SANTANTICA
    SANTANTICA
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem. I'm still waiting to restoring my bank slots and lost gold or appropriate compensation.