The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you please tell us how you plan on addressing the guild bank "situation'

marcweiss81nrb19_ESO
Will there be rollbacks? What actions are you taking to rectify the damage done? Im sure im not alone in expecting some kind of official word on what is being done.

Please dont leave us out of the loop, people are already leaving due to inaction.

There are so many ways people could have hidden their items, stashed away in a multitude of storage options that dont include banks/bags.

How can you promise us that you can make this game whole again?
Im sure we all are hanging for any glimmer of hope. Please dont leave us hanging.
  • sunlfcub18_ESO
    seems rollback is only an option
  • marcweiss81nrb19_ESO
    My friends and I are in mourning. Im just hoping they come up with an ingenious plan to catch every one of these cheaters. Rollbacks will cause to much of an uproar. Even tho I agree, it is the only viable fix. The problem is , itd have to be atleast a week long roll back.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a rollback now at this late stage will kill the game for alot of people
  • Kyle_Roberts
    Kyle_Roberts
    ✭✭✭
    A rollback isn't an option, would do more damage than good, the amount of players that would quit...
  • uaputteb16_ESO
    Yes it have to be in the game. Everyone macke mistacke some time.

My warlock in wow sold al hes armor when he was suposet to put them on, i hade a trade window open in the background, and in that time you was only able to byback the last thing you sold.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. A game-wide rollback would cause a lot of people to quit. ZOS is already having problems with PR, so this would be a terrible idea.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • marcweiss81nrb19_ESO
    Rhoric wrote: »
    I can totally understand that. But how can we not address the fact that it was possible for a single player to dupe enough materials to gear over 700 characters in a full set of legendaries.

• sunlfcub18_ESO
    yup, it rollback will kill, but if they wont able to catch cheaters that will kill our game too..
  • Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say ban the people that did it (not those that only did it once or twice, but those that obviously abused it). It was an obvious exploit. They get banned all their items in their bank and characters are removed from the game limiting the damage that the exploit does.
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A week long roll back would tip many people, myself included, into leaving the game. There is no way I am repeating 5 VR levels of content because they royally screwed up. I have already cancelled my reoccurring subscription (it was set for 6 months) until I find out what they are going to do about this. There is of course every chance I will resub if it's handled well.

Having a ruined in game economy would suck but its better than losing hours and hours of /played time.
    Edited by Locke_ESO on April 18, 2014 6:42AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What on earth did I miss?
  • marcweiss81nrb19_ESO
    Noth wrote: »
    I say ban the people that did it (not those that only did it once or twice, but those that obviously abused it). It was an obvious exploit. They get banned all their items in their bank and characters are removed from the game limiting the damage that the exploit does.

The problem is, alot of these people have smuggled items to other characters. I wont list them but there are alot of ways in which to hide items in this game. People are bragging about the millions of gold they have made through this on various forums. They are even cocky enough to share how they cannot lose these items through using these storage tactics I wont mention.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will have logs of what is done by these players
  • FezzikVizzini
    FezzikVizzini
    ✭✭✭
    Rock and hard place alert.

1) Do a big rollback as people have been doing the duplications for days (noone actually knows for how long). This will totally annoy serious amounts of players.
    2) Do nothing and let them get away with it. There is absolutely no way that the duplication method that was used will be seen in any logs, so there are going to be stacks and stacks of rare and legendary mats etc in the economy. This will totally annoy serious amounts of players.

Yeah, I got a PC. I just don't feel the need to post it's specifications for an ego boost.
  • Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem is, alot of these people have smuggled items to other characters. I wont list them but there are alot of ways in which to hide items in this game. People are bragging about the millions of gold they have made through this on various forums. They are even cocky enough to share how they cannot lose these items through using these storage tactics I wont mention.

They have logs of everything. They could technically, if they took the time to do it, remove every single piece of gold and ill gotten item from the game. The Banning is just a quicker, easier less sweeping solution.
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    What on earth did I miss?

People found a rather obvious exploit allowing them to dupe items and gold. It's been known by some since launch, a few over the last 7 days and has become endemic in the last day because someone was showing how to do it on a Twitch stream.

• sunlfcub18_ESO
    obviously, yes, but is it possible to roll back thousands of trades, rollback hundreds items that were made by innocent people who bought/trade dirty legs?

• Elirienne
    Elirienne
    ✭✭✭✭
    What did I miss? what exactly happened with the guild banks?
  • marcweiss81nrb19_ESO
    Rock and hard place alert.

1) Do a big rollback as people have been doing the duplications for days (noone actually knows for how long). This will totally annoy serious amounts of players.
    2) Do nothing and let them get away with it. There is absolutely no way that the duplication method that was used will be seen in any logs, so there are going to be stacks and stacks of rare and legendary mats etc in the economy. This will totally annoy serious amounts of players.

Well put.

Personally the effort I have put into amassing some semblance of wealth over the last two weeks really makes it hard for me to want to keep playng if there are people all set for gear over the next few years.

They surely can rollback items and not experience over the past week. Would this be more acceptable? Even as I suggest that, I think of all the materials ive worked hard for in the last week and I am inclined to just walk away.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can someone explain how the bank losses are connected with cheating?
  • FezzikVizzini
    FezzikVizzini
    ✭✭✭

They have logs of everything. They could technically, if they took the time to do it, remove every single piece of gold and ill gotten item from the game. The Banning is just a quicker, easier less sweeping solution.

Ah good, a dev has posted. You obviously must be a dev as you have such a good knowledge of what information is stored in the logs (everything - lol).
    Yeah, I got a PC. I just don't feel the need to post it's specifications for an ego boost.
  • Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭
    obviously, yes, but is it possible to roll back thousands of trades, rollback hundreds items that were made by innocent people who bought/trade dirty legs?

Theoretically, it is possible to just remove the items gotten wrongly. However, that will likely not happen. A roll back will likely not happen either. The two likely probabilities are perma bans for for those that abused it, or bans and removal of any of the ill gotten items from their characters and banks.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can totally understand that. But how can we not address the fact that it was possible for a single player to dupe enough materials to gear over 700 characters in a full set of legendaries.

Ban the Player and delete the 700 characters worth of gear.

Which makes me ask "why wont you mention it" link these exploiters so all can see and hopefully get things force fixed..
    Edited by DanteYoda on April 18, 2014 6:59AM
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Can someone explain how the bank losses are connected with cheating?

Two different issues

• marcweiss81nrb19_ESO

Theoretically, it is possible to just remove the items gotten wrongly. However, that will likely not happen. A roll back will likely not happen either. The two likely probabilities are perma bans for for those that abused it, or bans and removal of any of the ill gotten items from their characters and banks.

The problem with that is, most people instantly bought second accounts to dupe on and sent all their gains to their main through various methods. So they lose their dupe account (which they planned for) and keep their god status for the games lifespan.

• Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭
    Step 1: Permaban everyone who abused the exploit.
    Step 2: Delete every item they ever touched.
    Step 3: Delete every piece of mail ever sent to/from them, and any items attached to that mail.
    Step 4: Toss in weeklong bans for anyone that was holding obviously ill-gotten goods for the exploiters (meaning people that were "just holding" a few 100 stacks of legendary tempers).
    Step 5: Reverse any upgrades made with ill-gotten tempers.
  • Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem with that is, most people instantly bought second accounts to dupe on and sent all their gains to their main through various methods. So they lose their dupe account (which they planned for) and keep their god status for the games lifespan.

You know how easy it is to see transfers like that? That would be something of a mass amount of transfers and be really obvious. Much more obvious than someone simply selling items. It would be just as easy to ban those as it is the dupe accounts. Further they could look at the ips of where the accounts were created and also see that as a link.
  • Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭

All they need to do is ban by IRL name, and billing address.
  • FezzikVizzini
    FezzikVizzini
    ✭✭✭
    This is not the first time that such a thing has happened in an MMO.

They are not going to do a roll back. This would just cause far too much uproar. I would be totally amazed if that were to happen.

I think they will try to convince the player base that the culprits have been tracked down and banned. It's happened before. Of course, nobody will know if anyone is actually banned or not. I mean, it's not as if there would be anything to be gained by just saying people were banned is there ?

Yep, just tell us you have banned them when you find them. Because I believe everything I am told with regard to things like this.
  • marcweiss81nrb19_ESO
    Putok wrote: »
    Step 1: Permaban everyone who abused the exploit.
    Step 2: Delete every item they ever touched.
    Step 3: Delete every piece of mail ever sent to/from them, and any items attached to that mail.
    Step 4: Toss in weeklong bans for anyone that was holding obviously ill-gotten goods for the exploiters (meaning people that were "just holding" a few 100 stacks of legendary tempers).
    Step 5: Reverse any upgrades made with ill-gotten tempers.

Weeklong bans? No if they are involved, perma banned. I recieved a 3 day in game ban for posting a thread on these forums ffs. If they are that strict they need to be consistent.
    Edited by marcweiss81nrb19_ESO on April 18, 2014 7:04AM