The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Critical hit monster?

DankShank
DankShank
Khajiit Carnage: 6%
5+1 Assassin skills with Pressure Points: 12%
7 medium armor with Dexterity: 21%
bow with accuracy: 5%

44% chance to crit?

Who needs skills when you can crit with a bow nearly half the time?!
Some of those assassin skills almost work with a bow too...

But does it float?
  • Bretentious
    Bretentious
    ✭✭
    Dual wield's Twin Blade and Blunt skill will give 5% if using daggers. You can also take the weapon enhancements on each dagger that give bonus crit for more than the bow. The playstyle may even work better with all those assassination skills (but I wouldn't count on it). There's also the Thief mundus stone which gives increased critical strike chance and the Shadow mundus stone which gives increased critical strike damage, so don't forget those.
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    Not using DIVINES gear just The Shadow I don't see any difference in Weapon Critical with my 2 bows versus The Tower. Is Weapon Critical "critical chance %" or is Weapon Critical my "critical damage %"? Still using Prismatic Bow @ 50 I have 32% Weapon Critical. My 2nd bow I think is a rare birch bow I made with a ruby used for 5% weapon crit. It shows 31% Weapon Critical. Using The Tower then The Shadow weapon critical remains 32%/31%.
  • Bretentious
    Bretentious
    ✭✭
    There's some oddity with the stats sheet updating, I've noticed. For some things it simply won't update at all. This is pure theory crafting, assuming that the broken items will be fixed with time (or that the bug that prevents them from showing up is fixed if the items are working).

That said, the Shadow stone doesn't improve critical rating, but rather critical damage. Which, depending on the level of the increase that it gives, may be better than the Thief with a high enough critical value from gear.

It's possible that weapons with the precise trait (or equivalents for bows and staves) have critical damage increased, like the Shadow stone, rather than a critical rating increase (hence why it doesn't show up in the character pane) but reading the description of the trait definitely gives me the impression that they are supposed to affect critical rating rather than critical damage.

Edit: I tested precise weapons on my own. They do work and show up on the stats panel.
    Edited by Bretentious on April 21, 2014 1:42PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, pressure points doesnt currently seem to be functioning in the way that the tooltip reads. It simply gives you 1.5% if you have an assassination ability.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank