The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will eu server will come to eu ?

Zolyok
Zolyok
✭✭✭
During beta Zeni promised that for eu player there will be a server who will be located in eu ( germany was prononced )
Actually this point is completely forgotten.
Eu player suffering lag, freeze, deconnection are waiting for the data-center to move in EU.
So when about it ? Can wa have news for it ?
Are you planning to let the Eu server in US ?
  • Shadollan
    Shadollan
    ✭✭
    That I would also like to know!
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my thoughts:

After the first "free" month ZOS will wait another one or two months to see how many subs are left. Then they will realize there aren't enough to justify two servers. So, EU and NA will get merged.
  • Stucca
    Stucca
    Ane WHY are the server maintenance always during daytime in EU server? We sure "love" to wait the server to open when we have our day off from work. If you can not move the server to EU physically, what was promised, do make sure you maintain in during U.S DAYTIME while EU is sleeping. Our money is sure as green as U.S money too !!!
  • Veo
    Veo
    ✭✭✭
    Official Information about this topic would be nice.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Stucca wrote: »
    Ane WHY are the server maintenance always during daytime in EU server? We sure "love" to wait the server to open when we have our day off from work. If you can not move the server to EU physically, what was promised, do make sure you maintain in during U.S DAYTIME while EU is sleeping. Our money is sure as green as U.S money too !!!

See, even after ZOS changed the EU maintenance time to not be during EU prime time, there's still people who complain that they now can't play during the weeee hours of the morning.

Proof that you can't make everyone happy with maintenance times.
  • milaan_muc
    milaan_muc
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but as long as the game is that buggy im kind of happy that the servers are in the US where they have better access to them to fix bugs.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stucca what timezone are you living in where 04:00 GMT is daytime?
    Remember that just because you have your day off work most people will be sleeping, working or at school during the EU maintaince. The new times are fine for patching and there really shouldn't be any warrent for complaint here, would you rather they move back to 17:00 - 20:00 patching and you can't play on every normal day you work and they do patch?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love an official update - we've heard next to nothing from the Mr Sage et al since launch. A video answering some of these questions, addressing the concerns over bugs, lag etc would be great. It'd also appease a lot of the negativity on these forums methinks.

Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zolyok wrote: »
    During beta Zeni promised that for eu player there will be a server who will be located in eu ( germany was prononced )
    Actually this point is completely forgotten.
    Eu player suffering lag, freeze, deconnection are waiting for the data-center to move in EU.
    So when about it ? Can wa have news for it ?
    Are you planning to let the Eu server in US ?
    No it hasn't been forgotten, the game was only released two weeks ago and has serious problems, it makes perfect sense for the servers to remain in the US until the game is stable.

I'm playing from the UK without any 'lag' issues caused by internet latency. The "lag, freeze, disconnection,etc." problems are clearly mostly server-side and the location of those servers is pretty irrelevant in most cases.

It's a perennial moan from EU players when playing on US servers, I've played WOW on the West Coast servers since 2005, I play LOTRO and Rift on US servers without any noticeable problems, I play FFXI on servers in Japan, I play FFXIV with servers in Canada likewise.

The 'internet latency' issue is largely myth and urban legend it seems to me.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 15, 2014 8:05AM
  • Iharyd
    Iharyd
    ✭✭
    Yeh,holding eu servers behind ocean is a complete bull for a game of such size,let alone lags/freezes caused by this..so +1 for topic creator.
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭

See, even after ZOS changed the EU maintenance time to not be during EU prime time, there's still people who complain that they now can't play during the weeee hours of the morning.

So true so true.

For those of us, who have played a few different MMOs, we have seen that the maintance times usually are, when they people employed to take care of it, are at work, and they dont have to pay them overtime etc to get them in in the middle of the night.
    We can hope, as the game has been out for a while, the times will be shorter and perhaps even only once a week, but for now the maintance times for EU seem pertty good.
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Post Hoc Ergo Proptor Hoc o:)

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭

If the maintenance was at EU night-time .. say 2AM - 6AM, there would be people whining, that they were just going to pull an all-nighter, and now whine whine cry cry. ;)
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
  • ragamerb16_ESO
    ragamerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    After the first "free" month ZOS will wait another one or two months to see how many subs are left. Then they will realize there aren't enough to justify two servers. So, EU and NA will get merged.

That's the most likely scenario, I'm afraid... There are only a few exceptions to the rule that the Data Centers that are available on launch are the ones that remain for the entire lifetime of a MMO...

...It will be hard for a ZOS suit to approve the big investment that it's migrating to a new datacenter when the subs are decreasing (It's always like this... Unless you rerelease your product in new markets, your launch subs usually mark the Cap of what you may expect in the future regarding active subs)...

...So I really hope been proved wrong by ZO, but at the end, EU players will be 2nd class gamers, paying the same but receiving a worse service (Higher average latency is obvious on most aspects of the game, even with the remarkable absence of an ingame ping... But particularly problematic in intense group fights in PvE or PvP... The new adventure zones "leaderboards" will show clearly this effect, for example).

If finnally the EU megaserver isn't implemented, well, each custommer will have to decide if they keep on funding a project that promised such a critical feature as localized servers and then it doesn't provide it once you paid the considerable step initial price of this game.
    Edited by ragamerb16_ESO on April 15, 2014 8:10AM
  • Dexter
    Dexter
    It is indeed a valid question. The downsides of having the EU server in the US are becoming more and more obvious. Especially during bossfights in group dungeons and PvP sessions in Cyrodil the higher latency negatively impacts the gameplay experience pretty bad. It is unthinkable to play the game under this conditions on a permanent basis.
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    Just my thoughts:

Sadly i'm afraid that it's more than an eventuallity, i hope they don't wait just to see if it's money worth :'(
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The EU server is being moved to Frankfurt as soon as they get the datacenter there up and running. It's a rather large project, this isn't something like 2 guys throwing a computer in a truck and moving it.

Basically, they had 2 choices, and I think they picked the best one.

1) They could have delayed the launch of the EU server until the datacenter in Frankfurt was ready. They could've said "You can play on the NA server until then, but you won't be able to play those characters on the EU server when we launch it"

2) What they actually did - they launched the EU server at the same time by temporarily locating it in the US datacenter, said the latency will be a bit worse, but you can play now, and when we get the Frankfurt datacenter up and running, you can still play all your characters.

I think they made the right decision. They let the EU people play without having to wait, AND they get to keep their characters once everything is moved. Getting a datacenter up and running in another country is NOT an easy project, especially for a company that doesn't have offices all over the world.
  • Starnes
    Starnes
    ✭✭✭
    Saerydoth wrote: »
    The EU server is being moved to Frankfurt as soon as they get the datacenter there up and running. It's a rather large project, this isn't something like 2 guys throwing a computer in a truck and moving it.

Basically, they had 2 choices, and I think they picked the best one.

1) They could have delayed the launch of the EU server until the datacenter in Frankfurt was ready. They could've said "You can play on the NA server until then, but you won't be able to play those characters on the EU server when we launch it"

2) What they actually did - they launched the EU server at the same time by temporarily locating it in the US datacenter, said the latency will be a bit worse, but you can play now, and when we get the Frankfurt datacenter up and running, you can still play all your characters.

I think they made the right decision. They let the EU people play without having to wait, AND they get to keep their characters once everything is moved. Getting a datacenter up and running in another country is NOT an easy project, especially for a company that doesn't have offices all over the world.

They should have had the centre ready for launch time and run through the beta tests. That was the choice they should have gone with.

They have done a disservice to their EU customers and further have been very poor at communicating to us the steps they are taking to ensure the timely arrival of their datacentre over here.
    Edited by Starnes on April 15, 2014 11:13AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say they did us a disservice if we had the option of play on NA or not play at all and right now I can play.
    TBH I didn't even know the servers were located in NA until threads started popping up with people complaining, I had some lag spikes here and there but otherwise it's been pretty smooth running.

As for updates I am not sure what you would like "It's not ready yet", "It's not read yet", "Sorry still not ready". If they give and ETA then don't meet it people will just scream incompetence at them, just be glad you're able to play and that the EU servers have ignored most of the disasters that happened on the NA ones. It's going to happen, just wait and then enjoy it when it does.

Also be ready for the huge whine threads when the servers go offline while the migration happens. :P
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Januk
    Januk
    Wait... Wait... WAIT THE HELL UP! You got to be kidding me? They're doing the EU maintenance basically in the break of dawn for them. Half of them are probably still asleep having IV with coffee in it. Yet ppl complain... Seriously there's no end to the stupidity of humanity. They have it at suitable officer hours, ppl complain cause it's prime-time, they move it to the break of dawn, ppl complain cause it's middle of day n they got day off... If they were to move it to just before leaving the officer, people would complain anyway...

Also I highly doubt it would matter were the physical server would be located since it would still be operated by Zenimax n not who ever is hosting it in Frankfurt. SO basically when it goes down now it will most likely go down then. (See Planetside 2 all servers go down at same time no matter their physical location)

Sigh... There's no satisfying people.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least EU get offered a Server...

Oceanic's lose two days of play time forever..and we're stuck on the NA server.
  • Vavume
    Vavume
    As a EU player I waited till I hit 50 before going into Cyrodil, and was expecting great things, sadly though my journey there was plagued by lag and completely ruined the experience for me. If I cannot pvp effectively in this game then I will just unsub. As a sidenote, I experience very little lag in pve but its manageable when I do, however lag in pvp is just a total no no, I will not accept it.
    Bottom line is, if they do not move the Eu server to the Eu very soon they will lose my sub.
  • ragamerb16_ESO
    ragamerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Precissely because of this... It's something that can's be done "on haste". I don't know what your sources are but if they started the negotiations late compared to NA Datacenter it's showing a really naive approach to online bussiness...

...Finding a suitable Datacenter is far more than just buying hardware... You need to be sure local ISP are rdy for the demand, you need to negotiate specifics of bandwidth coverage and/or quality, etc, etc.

Another completely different issue is that they started the Datacenter negotiations at the same time and then the initial European partner wasn't up for the task, forcing them to look for another... It may be the case, but if you check the date at which it was confirmed the EU server was going to be delayed... Something doesn't match.

TBH, do you know what made me not trust the future of the EU server? A small detail... The intended absence of any ping meassurement that allow less "techy oriented" users to link latency spikes (And average latency) with the ingame effects ANY remote client can't mask, doesn't matter how smart its protocol is.
    Edited by ragamerb16_ESO on April 15, 2014 1:31PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    No it hasn't been forgotten, the game was only released two weeks ago and has serious problems, it makes perfect sense for the servers to remain in the US until the game is stable.
    Until they move the server and a whole new host of issues arises.
    I'm playing from the UK without any 'lag' issues caused by internet latency. The "lag, freeze, disconnection,etc." problems are clearly mostly server-side and the location of those servers is pretty irrelevant in most cases.

It's a perennial moan from EU players when playing on US servers, I've played WOW on the West Coast servers since 2005, I play LOTRO and Rift on US servers without any noticeable problems, I play FFXI on servers in Japan, I play FFXIV with servers in Canada likewise.

Not had any latency/lag issues on this game yet, but I know from SWTOR that it exists, delay from pressing the buttons to the action occuring got several SWTOR characters killed repeatedly. It does exist, but the extent varies from game to game and person to person, to the extent that player A finds game1 playable and game2 unplayable, while player B finds it the other way around.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

I agree 100%

Sure if you look at numbers the latency is higher for UK players on a US server, but people are too obsessed by numbers, does it affect game play, not for me.

When codemasters ran the EU Lotro servers in the EU, I played on both the EU and US servers. Sure the latency was higher for the US when I look at the connection status, but I had far more lag playing on the EU based servers than the US ones. My kin leader from Ireland noticed the same thing.

I think for most people (probably not all) it's not so much a myth but a kind of placebo effect, they see the higher numbers and convince themselves it's more leggy or has a noticeable longer reaction time.

Personally I don't mind if the servers remain in the US, whether I'm in PvP or whatever, the response is instant (and I'm using a gaming mouse and keyboard)
    Edited by Ojustaboo on April 15, 2014 1:57PM
  • Starnes
    Starnes
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, do you know what made me not trust the future of the EU server? A small detail... The intended absence of any ping meassurement that allow less "techy oriented" users to link latency spikes (And average latency) with the ingame effects ANY remote client can't mask, doesn't matter how smart its protocol is.

I felt the exact same way. And with the heavy emphasis this game has on pvp and the twitch reaction that I want but am not getting, especially when swapping out weapon sets, I will end up simply cancelling that 6 month sub before it comes due should there not be any serious commitment from ZOS at this point to get these servers set up.
    Edited by Starnes on April 15, 2014 6:51PM
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭

The difference between 350/400 ms and 40/60 ms is not a myth for me.
  • PerfectTemplar
    If you get an EU server, we get an OCE server. We in Australia/NZ play on the same latency as you guys.

I do not support unless we get treated the same way.

What a load of crap, You literally cannot defy the laws of physics. If you have never played an MMO on local servers then what do you have to compare it to anyway?
    Edited by PerfectTemplar on April 16, 2014 6:15AM
  • htoncic
    htoncic
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, LOL. That guy...

On a serious note, I'm kind of glad they're taking their time. They could've done it hastily like it was done with TERA. Picked Frogster (now Gameforge) to handle Europe, and the rest was an unmitigated disaster. It's reassuring that things are being done properly this time around.
  • PerfectTemplar
    htoncic wrote: »

Indeed, LOL. That guy...

On a serious note, I'm kind of glad they're taking their time. They could've done it hastily like it was done with TERA. Picked Frogster (now Gameforge) to handle Europe, and the rest was an unmitigated disaster. It's reassuring that things are being done properly this time around.

What? They should have set up these servers at the same bloody time they set up the NA servers, just like they should have done it for SEA, OCE and both Eastern and Western Europe. This idea of MEGA SERVER is just ***, they're all just phased resulting in a walled off community and limitations on the economy, eg; no auction house.
  • sahib
    sahib
    ✭✭✭
    If you get an EU server, we get an OCE server. We in Australia/NZ play on the same latency as you guys.

I do not support unless we get treated the same way.
    Not that I don't support you getting an OCE server, but the EU server was announced before this game was launched, OCE one wasn't.