The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Ask Us Anything: Craglorn"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official thread to discuss the blog article "Ask Us Anything: Craglorn."
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Romtim
    Romtim
    ✭✭
    Nice. However its a shame that there is no open world pvp whatsoever :(
  • icengr_ESO
    icengr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's been said that this is 4 person content. am I going to need a dedicated 4 person group to do the whole thing together, in one shot. or do I go in and pick up the other three as I run into content just doing little parts at a time?
  • ryohara7b14_ESO
    Some questions on the Trials.

Will loot be handed out randomly as it is in the rest of the game or will a group leader have the ability to distribute loot in whichever way they want?

Will there be a lockout timer? If so, how long between resets?

• danteafk
    danteafk
    ✭✭
    Fix the bugs before releasing more potential bug content.
  • Newskool1_ESO
    When will real Fullscreen support be in game?
  • robo130neb18_ESO
    I'd go out among a lot of time this expansion to give the opportunity to all to level up to 50 in order to be ready
  • McGuyver
    McGuyver
    Hello, not specific to Craglorn but also to future end game content. Guilds can be pretty large is there a chance we could get a dungeon/raid for more than 12 people?
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    How am I supposed to get to Craglorn when the main zone quests for Aldmeri Dominion can't advance past Motes in the Moonlight?
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Lagoz
    Lagoz
    Will the veteran levelling (especially mob VP in veteran zones and PvP VP) be eased with Craglorn to allow people easier access to this content?
    Edited by Lagoz on April 14, 2014 7:35PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is content being built for specific group sizes instead of being scaled so that any number of players from 1-100 can tackle it? This content being locked to groups of 4 and 12 is quite simply ridiculous and antiquated.
    Edited by LonePirate on April 14, 2014 7:57PM
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Wait.... targeted at Veteran Rank 11 and 12? Sweet
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Delith
    Delith
    ✭✭✭✭

Cyrodiil is open world pvp. If you could ever get INTO it, that is. :|

I do agree with you, though, that it would be nice to see other zones allow PvP as well.
    Edited by Delith on April 14, 2014 8:04PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delith wrote: »

I do agree with you, though, that it would be nice to see other zones allow PvP as well.

I would fully support PvP instances of the three alliance zones as long as the current PvE only instances are retained and if we also receive a PvE only instance of Cyrodiil.
  • Zidway
    Zidway

Fade-away-games.
    Why Elder Scrolls Online may be a fade-away-game.
    Almost all players ( ie. paying customers ) want the same things out of a game, if we spend lots of hours of our time in it's embraces.

1. High fun time to small grinding/micromanagement time spent.
    2. Gaining phat loot and leveling.
    3. More than a few activities we can follow in the game.
    No matter how fun your first choice in the game may be, we do not always want to do just : PVP, PVE, Fighting, Crafting, Time in game with real world friends, Time in game with guild mates, Time in game meeting new people, or seeing new areas/dungeons/zones. We all want to do different things at different times during our game time.
    4. Changing our toons ( our player characters ) to fit the ever changing idea/plan of how we want to see them and the way we want others to see our toons.
    5. The lottery effect. We want to have a chance, even if ever so small to find, craft, loot a big prize like item or unique thing. Then have a way to show it, sell it for big coin, give to a friend or guild mate to be Santa, or just hold it till we have the level or need to use it ourselves.
    6. Game solo, game with others, look at other gear/loot, spend time at our guild.
    So by contrast we most surely do not want to have some activities cause us to be unhappy.
    A. Be bothered by rude players, gold farmers, have a lack of options to get the equipment or supplies we need for our toons at the right time and the right level.
    B. Have quests we are unable to finish because of the wrong level, the wrong items needed, or quests we need help on but are blocked from asking a friend/guild mate to group up with us and help.
    C. Lack of information from the game company to it's players ( again, it's Paying Customers ) that we need to make choices about our toons or our real world gaming time.
    ...NOW...THE...THOUGHTS...on...ESO
    On a 1 out of 9 let us look at MY thoughts on ESO.
    High numbers are better, and 5 is the middle.

1. Rate: 4. As the game goes on into higher levels and different zones, loot is a big problem. I spend more time sorting loot, sending loot to my friends/my guild, breaking down loot for crafting skills and moving from one bank toon to another bank toon. I only work on one craft but even then I need to level some other crafts up a bit to get gethering skills or do research on the off chance I may want to do a different craft at later levels. Even switching from my bank to my guilds bank to my real world friend crafting guild bank to my other bank storage toons is taking up more time than I spend in questing or exploreing the land. Sometimes I am unable to rush off with my real world friend or my guild mates to dungeon, to PVP or to help them with a tough area, because my backpack is full and it takes TOO long to sort it into any safe bank/location. The only reason the Rate # is not a 2 but made it up to a 4, is because the MAIL system is very good and I can send my friend a few items from where every I find the items to open up a little backpack space. This game suffers from not having some unlimited or at least large holding area for crafting mats. I mean realllllllllly 300 or 400 or more different crafting thing-ies ( from the first 2 zones ) and only 60 bank spots, that was a VERY bad ESO game company plan. That does not even leave any space in storage to hold on to lower level gear to help out friends/guild mates that start up new accounts or new lower level toon. What storage we have has such limited sort options and item marking options that it makes moving the stuff around a lot of work.

2. Rate: 6. The loot is ok, but not in the right spots. The really great loot should not be so random. The big monsters/sub-boss/boss creatures should ALWAYS drop something for everyone. The speed of leveling is fine.

3. Rate 5. The ESO makers should get high marks for PVP, PVE, Quests, Exploring but fall way short on Crafting ( see bank/storage info above ), on time spent with friends, on looking through stuff to buy/sell ( ie. an auction system ), on central area/guild hall to meet/interact with guild mates.

4. Rate 3. Good job there ESO makers on the re-spec options. Bad setup on visual look of items. Items should be more expressive and have more color ( dye, crafting options, something ). If we are to change and tune our toons, we need to be able to save weapons or armor of a type we are not using on the current toon build for use, if we change our toon plan.

5. Rate 2. What group of non-games at the ESO maker shop thought it would be a good idea to NOT have a world AUCTION HOUSE, well ..uh.. they need to look at the trends of the MMO games from the past to see how real gamers like to interact with their world. If by some chance you make with your crafting or find on a drop, some major item, then what can you do with the item.
    You can use it for your own toon, but it may not fit your build. You can stick it in one of your guild banks and let it fade away ( not bad, helping the guild is good ). You can put it in your guild's store ( if your guild is even big enough to have a store ), but can not charge much for the item ( I mean ... hay... it's guild mates ). You can put it in your guild store at a price that reflects how rare the item. ( making some of your guild mates mad or unhappy ) in the hope your guild can hold an area in PVP land that would let some non-guild folk see the item ( that is if they are not part of the group of players that will not ever go to a land with PVP, or if they are not part of another faction that would be blasted into dust while trying to see your sale items ).

6. Rate: 7. Solo play is fine. Small group play with real world friends suffers from not being able to go everywhere due to quest restrictions. Guild play suffers from a lack of a guild hall/meeting place to form groups and look at others toons/items. Guild play also suffers because there is not a guild meeting spot where crafters can help other guild mates with item builds.

A. Rate 2. The game need options in the setup menu to auto refuse guild invites from gold farmers, or guild invite spammers. Also, a one-click in text chat window to report rude players or gold farmers. The game really needs a universal auction house to let your toons gear up or just look at the purple items and dream.

B. Rate: 4. First major Undaunted quest is marked as level 12, but can sometimes destroy a full group of level 14 players. Sometimes players my want to take their not-so-combat type crafting toons out for a bit of exp. or to earn skill points for crafting but can not ask for help to do a really deadly quest due to it's solo nature. With the phaseing setup why are we still faced with solo only quest that have a limited number of needed quest items that other players can scoop up and make us wait for a re-spawn of quest objects. ALL quests should be marked in the quest log as solo only, needs a group or in dungeon/outside.

C. Rate: 3. Why do we have characters that have hidden information. Most of the Players ( ie. again. again. Paying Customers ) do not want to try to guess what is important about their toons when we are trying to set them up for combat/crafting. We have enchanting items with resistance for fire, frost, poison, etc. but NO where that I could find was there a number of what our toons resistance value may be or if there is a soft cap or how the +number relates to a protection %. Where is the % protection number that shows just how effective armor is in blocking physical damage.
    Lots of other things, why are there some chest that are marked as "impossable" to even try to unlock, if there is NOT a lockpicking skill. But if there is a lockpicking skill, there where is the number and how does it work. Why is there NO mini-map option, no option to put custom marks with notes on the main map, no option to "ping" the map spot for toons in a party to show where a spot of note maybe located. Somebody in my guild ( a huge guild that I think maybe up to the 500 account size already ) said that ESO was waiting for add-on makers to help them out with their job, and that would be sad if it is true. It has been said before but needs to be said again, before ESO brings down the server for work ( we all understand and most of us have no problem with the need ), ESO needs to let all the Players ( you know .. paying customers ) know a range or estimate of down time. Yes we know you can not be sure of the time needed and yes we know it may have to change on the fly and yes we know it will take the time it takes BUT for the love of what you do know at least GIVE US A RANGE OF TIME, a guess. If you say 10 min to 2 hours then we can monitor our guild forum to find out when the server come back on line. If you say over 2 hours and maybe up to 10 hours, then we can go talk to the family, take a shower, eat real food, take the dog out for a walk, go for our own walk. Remember we have to fit our game time into the real world. We maybe using our day off from work, we maybe fighting the flu and want something to do, we may have lots of things to do on our to-do lists and need info to pick what we want to spend time with on that list. So, put out a little information BEFORE you bring the server down, to give us a chance to make some plans of our own. If you later have to put in an update notice in your forums to let us know you will bring the servers back on line sooner or even need more time, then no problem, we like you, we trust you, we understand. Just give us a chance.

ESO has a good game with a nice visual look and maybe every player's first choice, but the one word that comes to my mind when I think of ESO is ... well .. CLUNKY ..
    If any game is a fade-away-game, it will run well for a month or two, I mean .. hay .. it's the new game, but will start to loose steam quickly and level off on new account. The people that chose to leave to do the next new game, the old other game they played before this one or do real life activities will not be replaced with new-blood. Then the game sorts of fades. A long time ago in a computer far far a thrown away, like 15 years ago, you could get away with "play it as we put it out", we are the only choice in MMO games, well that time is gone.
    Paying Customers x ( fun - unfun ) = Money for the company and resistance to fade.
    Just some thoughts from a paying customer.
    Sorry for the long post and this may not be the right area for this type of post but I could not find another or better area in the forum.
    And Ps. I am having fun and plan to stay with ESO as long as my friends will stay. Best of luck. I'm going to cheer for you.
    oh, and sorry for the long winded post.
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I saw that today's Announcement was "AMA on Craglorn", I was actually more than a little bit pissed off. With so much broken content at the moment, and soo many people unable to progress into Veteran Ranked content you still think it's appropriate to push out new content that no one can access?

Fix what is broken before you try to move forward.
  • coppersloane
    coppersloane
    ✭✭
    danteafk wrote: »

Bugs are eternal. Welcome to MMORPGs.

Raen Severus . Imperial . Rank 10 Vampire . Nightbow
    Adamus Regulus . Imperial . Craftsman
    GM of NACHT
  • Delith
    Delith
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Delith wrote: »

I would fully support PvP instances of the three alliance zones as long as the current PvE only instances are retained and if we also receive a PvE only instance of Cyrodiil.

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable trade to me.

Can we get a hardcore flag for PvP so we can loot eachother and create a UO style economy of item swapping amongst players who die/loot/die/loot, etc?
  • TGEK
    TGEK
    This game seriously needs open world PVP, not just 1 zone. We also need battlegrounds. Cmon guys...
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    f you have any questions about ESO

Is there any plans to fix dungeon loot issue, and crafting, economy? If so can we get some details about what you're planning to do?
  • scotia_swb16_ESO
    Any plans on sorting out the "access code" issue so that all of us effected can actually play the game?
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    danteafk wrote: »

Bugs are eternal. Welcome to MMORPGs.

Yes, but game breaking bugs should take priority over any new content. I am currently stuck on the Molag Bal quest. I kill him, am transported to the colored room, and its empty. Ive killed him like 20 times over the last 5 days.

So yea, when there are players who CANNOT access veteren content, it is not an acceptable bug, its a broken game.
    Edited by dermottib14_ESO on April 14, 2014 10:26PM
  • Brozgar
    Brozgar
    The fact that it's shared between groups means that there will be no fun again - everything will be killed in 1 second, loot from locked chests will be ninja-looted... what a waste, really. I don't get it how can ANYBODY be satisfied with how public dungeons work right now.
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    V12? Why do you destroy the game with undoable V12 before making sure that an paying customer can reach even 50 with questing? If that comes then the game will die.
    Edited by Atreidus on April 14, 2014 11:18PM
  • sinisterwaffleb14_ESO
    sinisterwaffleb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ask us anything?

Why are you doing new content when the game is still bugged all the hell and obviously still in beta phase.......
  • lslingsby1984rwb17_ESO
    ill ask you why i am still blocked in coldharbour for 7 days now. I have had 1 phone call yesterday from tech support. He upgraded the issue and told me a game dev will call me in 24-72 hours. This is pathetic as it could be up to 9 days since the initial problem was ticketed. Fix your *** or refund me now!!!!
  • jedensuscg
    "I wouldn't want to see players find routes to skip a lot of the trash mobs and figure out ways to cheese the bosses. It'll happen, like it always does, but hopefully ZeniMax was smart enough in its design and testing to avoid too much. Another worry would be how much of a timesink will they be. - Sharvis_

Trial length will vary by group. We suspect it will range from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours, depending on your group’s experience and skill level. "

This has been my main issue with trials and leaderboards...and it seems Zenimax just COMPLETELY bypassed the original question asked. I think someone is running for political office over there.

For the first few months or longer, the only way to top the leaderboards will be to abuse exploits that people will try and find...and probably not report until they learn others are doing it and will then report it to level the playing field (aka, take away the chance for someone else to use the same exploit to beat them with).

Once all the exploits are found and removed, then the leaderboards will just be topped with way over the top geared players playing with the powerful FOTM builds walking through the trial like it was a public dungeon.

In other words, for us normal folk and in my opinion the largest majority of players, the leaderboard will just be wasted space.
    Edited by jedensuscg on April 15, 2014 12:51AM
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    Is there some crumb to throw to us PVE-ers? Like, any hint that future add-ons won't require that we gang up with strangers just to beat up some OP mobs?
    Or will all new content tend to be group-based, because Bartle writes that forcing us to socialize is what makes us players "sticky"?
    To me, *letting* me socialize is great. *Forcing* socialization just to complete content, turns me right off.
  • EmrisDovahLord
    I noticed new unique looking gear in the video preview as well as Veteran rank 12. Will this new content unlock higher ranks, and special obtainable gear or even gear sets for those ranks? What type of unique items can we expect to see? Are there unique attributes or stats to these items or even set bonuses?
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    @Zidway: Do you get paid by the word?

And for the record, we're all paying customers.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jedensuscg wrote: »
    "I wouldn't want to see players find routes to skip a lot of the trash mobs and figure out ways to cheese the bosses. It'll happen, like it always does, but hopefully ZeniMax was smart enough in its design and testing to avoid too much. Another worry would be how much of a timesink will they be. - Sharvis_

Trial length will vary by group. We suspect it will range from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours, depending on your group’s experience and skill level. "

This has been my main issue with trials and leaderboards...and it seems Zenimax just COMPLETELY bypassed the original question asked. I think someone is running for political office over there.

For the first few months or longer, the only way to top the leaderboards will be to abuse exploits that people will try and find...and probably not report until they learn others are doing it and will then report it to level the playing field (aka, take away the chance for someone else to use the same exploit to beat them with).

Once all the exploits are found and removed, then the leaderboards will just be topped with way over the top geared players playing with the powerful FOTM builds walking through the trial like it was a public dungeon.

In other words, for us normal folk and in my opinion the largest majority of players, the leaderboard will just be wasted space.

Same as the emperor title, the leaderboard is for competitive play, and yes sneaking by trash is an valid tactic.
    As for exploit why do you care unless you are an hard core raider and they cheats your guild for the first place?

To me it looks nice, I was afraid it was timed as in global enrage trigger but instead an speed run gives bonus. As in the first times you wipe a lot, finally you manage it and do it some times more, now you can start with the speed runs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.