The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

my account has been suspended for 4 days for unknown reasons with no end in sight!

Pinkenbah
Pinkenbah
I had just finished fungal grotto and bam! booted from game. Tried to log back in and 'password incorrect'. It wasn't, but I changed it anyway to be sure it still says incorrect. Go to web site to see what's going on! Suspended from Site!!! I can't do anything!
Its been four days now, only responses from tickets have been 'thanks for taking time away from adventuring to report this issue' (like I had a choice)"we will get back to you as soon as possible' no return phone call after two days of waiting!
Customer support seems to be generic responses that are not relevant to the issue I am having.
Someone please get this sorted its the worst experience I have ever had in my 12 years of mmo's.
And no... im not a gold seller, nor a spammer... I barely use zone chat as my guild uses team speak there is no need. I have not transferred gold or items to anyone and have not sold any items to other players.
Talk about bad tastes left in the mouth....
what terrible service
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well they just banned thousands of accounts for cheating and various things. If you wasn't cheating and believe its in error then a ticket or the hope of a mod escalating it for you maybe the only thing you can do. I know theres a way of appealing a ban, maybe a mod can post the address here.

If you were cheating then take it on the chin cause you ain't getting back in. Those teleporting sheogarath impersonators and the spammers are a plague that needs wiping out with a Nordish ban hammer!

Edit: Were you camping those mini bosses and farming them or ransoming vampire bites? Because both those are technically against the rules and many people, me included, report people like that every time I see them.
    Edited by Loxy37 on April 10, 2014 10:46PM
  • Pinkenbah
    Pinkenbah
    Thanks loxy, I appreciate you responding :)
    I have put in tickets to try get this sorted, responses have been generic and completely unhelpful in letting me know what is going on or fixing the issue.
    No I was not cheating, just a normal player, grinding a toon like everyone else.
    Yes I have signed up for monthly subscription (which ironically I cant cancel at the moment because I am suspended from site)
    No I am not using my email to try and log in.

There is simply no explanation at all for the suspension and lack of resolution after so long.
  • Pinkenbah
    Pinkenbah
    response to Loxy's edit
    I had run the grotto twice, I was learning my toon how to heal a group against bosses. what each heal does, now much magic it uses for how much heal etc. Normal play in my oppinion. If running an instance twice is considered camping..... that's just crazy
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    There have been mistakes made and people are very jumpy at the moment because seemingly innocent people are getting banned. I know some have won their appeals but it does take time. Let's hope a mod can pipe in and give you the Addy to appeal against it or maybe one of the other users that's been through this can help you.

If you win your appeal you get your days back btw.
    Edited by Loxy37 on April 10, 2014 11:00PM
  • Pinkenbah
    Pinkenbah
    Thanks Loxy, its nice to have your response.
    Days back are a gesture that doesn't give me back the days I took off work to grind my toon unfortunately. Its just a non win situation for me due to some error or miss click on administrations end. Best I can hope for is the error to be corrected and play catch up on the weekends ......unless they offer me double xp for a few days as compensation for an inappropriate ban. Now that would make a sad toon happier!
  • arktisch
    arktisch
    This is the exact thing I am dealing with now as well, minus the Fungal Grotto and it being 3 days instead of 4. I did get an email a hour or so ago that said
    " Response By Email (Jeffrey) (04/10/2014 06:16 PM)

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online support team. Your account has been permanently deactivated due to a Terms of Service violation.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team "

I want to at the very least know why term I may have violated, assuming they can provide adequate proof. The only thing I am guilty of is helping my guildies, explore and playing the game. I guess that's a no-no. I guess the proper way to play is to be like the boss and rare mob farmers because doing quests, reporting bugs and gold sellers, and crafting is a ban worthy offense.
  • Pinkenbah
    Pinkenbah
    It is really frustrating to have absolutely no idea why this action has been taken and to be certain that no TOS has been violated, but comforting to know I am not alone Arktisch. I now fear the result of my suspension could also end in a perma ban without reason or cause. What terrible business practice and certainly makes me feel insecure about any future purchases with this company.
  • wolf216b14_ESO
    I have run the grotto 3 times now, once with Pink, and will do it again if needed. Am I camping? No! its to help my guild mates get their mission done.

It is crazy to think that's something you could get banned for, the only thing I get out of it is the joy of fighting along side my clan.

Pink I and some of your other guild mates have put in tickets for you and posted on Facebook. We stand by our member's and we stand with you. We will get this sorted out one way or another. Don't lose faith I am sure ESO will make this right.

Wolf
    www.durmanhothclan.com
  • Kaiem
    Kaiem
    ✭✭
    I have run the grotto 3 times now, once with Pink, and will do it again if needed. Am I camping? No! its to help my guild mates get their mission done.

It is crazy to think that's something you could get banned for, the only thing I get out of it is the joy of fighting along side my clan.

Pink I and some of your other guild mates have put in tickets for you and posted on Facebook. We stand by our member's and we stand with you. We will get this sorted out one way or another. Don't lose faith I am sure ESO will make this right.

Wolf
    www.durmanhothclan.com

Whilst it's nice that you are supporting your guild mate and trying to help a load more people sending in tickets really doesn't help. Your tickets aren't likely to be dealt with before his and instead just take up time with CSRs sending you all responses to an issue which may have already been resolved. The reason so many tickets are just getting stock copy and paste responses is because of the sheer number that they are receiving, are number they clearly didn't adequately plan for. Adding a load of extra tickets to an already overflowing system really isn't very helpful.

OP if you haven't done anything wrong then have faith that this will be resolved, unfortunately their poorly planned system is just slow to sort it for you.

• wolf216b14_ESO
    Kaiem although I agree a lot of tickets are a pain (as I work on the other end of users tickets myself) this is more about making them aware of this problem. I would rather have a lot of tickets on this type of thing to bring it to my attention then not. That and there are not a lot of ways to contact anyone about this.

I am in favor of banning valid violations of all types, I however am not in favor of letting the innocent get punish with the guilty. Without public outcry this issue will get / has gotten, filed under the multiple other (alleged) valid complaints of this nature, make no mistake there is something wrong with this system, and they have to be made aware of it somehow.
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They have said camping the boss in a dungeon is not banable. So it wouldn't be that. Maybe large Gold transfers, I've heard of that happening.
  • Zayana
    Zayana
    @Pinkenbah Have you been active in the zone chat before you got suspended? I read somewhere that people were trying to report gold sellers but accidentally reported the wrong person because the chat was moving so fast. Maybe that's your problem? Unfortunately, this won't help to resolve your issues faster, but it could be an explanation... just a theory, though.
  • andrantos
    andrantos
    ✭✭✭
    Online communities can be vile. I answered a fellow players question in zone chat and was immediately, randomly accused of being a botter by some other random player.

I immediately ignored said player, but other players immediately jumped into the discussion. Really odd and really weird.

I hope anyone falsely banned wasn't because of some random, trollish accusation.

• Pinkenbah
    Pinkenbah
    Thanks for the continued support, day 5 and still NO RESPONSE as to why I was suspended from game and out of my account. As I don't know why I was suspended.... im clutching at straws as to what I was doing in days previous to have flagged myself. I ran fungal grotto twice in a row, I said a LoL at someone in zone chat asking to join an all girls guild, and I placed a blue sword into the guild banking system. Other than that I was working through quests like a mad toon on my vacation time, trying to keep up with the speed my guildies were levelling their toons at.
    I am beyond frustrated due to the lack of response and know I am not alone in being tarnished by the random banning gods of ESO.
  • Pinkenbah
    Pinkenbah
    and pinkenbah is still suspended with no further action from ...... support?
  • Bytor56
    Bytor56
    My account has been suspended as well...no explanation??? No idea what I did to deserve the suspension. I am a casual player, level 8 Nord, paid for the 180 day subscription. I am a pretty basic player have no idea why I would be banned!
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    Were you camping those mini bosses and farming them or ransoming vampire bites? Because both those are technically against the rules

Can you point me to the exact spot in ToS where it says this? I am horrible at figuring out what half the stuff says in ToS. Someone else below you says they said it's not a ban-able offense. I certainly can't see why it would be as it's just killing a boss over and over and doesn't affect other players at all.

I don't know which one of you is correct so If you can point us to the exact spot we can get that information out there.

Thanks <3
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    Were you camping those mini bosses and farming them or ransoming vampire bites? Because both those are technically against the rules and many people, me included, report people like that every time I see them.

Technically.... hmm... well let me try. Technically you should be able to play the way you want. Without exploits or bots of course. So what is really wrong with someone wanting to camp an area that has good loot? I don't know much about the selling bites thing...