Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Provisioning: Oats?

Beast_Soul
Beast_Soul
✭✭
I have looked all over, and there is Oat Mash- but no oats. These are a critical part of two recipes I have, I have spammed zone and probably garnered a dozen ignores over the past few days.

Where. Where can I get oats.
HALP.
  • SinfulSoul
    SinfulSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I got 2 of them, no idea where I got them. I got a recipe that needs Oats and I been asking in the zone chats of the first 3 zones and no replies.

Would love to know where to get them.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I loot every single container..everywhere I go for 36 levels and I don't think I have ever seen oats from even a single container. Don't think I have found horker meat, either.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure several ingreds just aren't in the game. An oversight.

Tomatos are on that list too.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Cootie
    Cootie
    ✭✭✭
    YES. THIS. A HUNDRED TIMES THIS. I got a purple recipe that is impossible to make because NO OATS. >:(
  • seancoulterub17_ESO
    what zone do oat mash reside in?
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I got some oats to drop (container drop), but I am not sure what they are for.
  • Baogo
    Baogo
    ✭✭✭
    If it's a purple recipe then its likely that one of the ingredients will be rare.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a difference between rare and non-existent. Nobody in my entire guild has seen 1 oat and our entire guild bank is full of gathered mats. I'm in 3 large trading guilds and not 1 of them has a single oat for sale. That is beyond rare. Of course, with no AH it's hard to know for sure just how rare.

I have seen oat mash but no oats.
  • Dbetz007
    Dbetz007
    Only good thing about no centralized AH is that it prevents the gold farmers from exploiting it.. rather now we just get invites to gold farmer guilds lol. However I do feel your pain that some of the ingredients seem to be extremely rare.. although I found some can be found more commonly in some of the other factions. So oats may drop more commonly in Daggerfall than on our side.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oats log. Stardate 18.6.

I have searched high and low. Crates. Barrels. Sacks. Drawers. Behind rocks. In caves. On docks. In stores. I even tried stealing some from the stables to no avail. Epic weapons are less rare than oats. Getting desperate. Not sure how much longer I can hold out on this obsessive and fruitless search for Oats. Tamriel thinks gold is the currency but I know the real currency. Oats. He who controls the Oats...controls the universe!

Help me Wilford Brimley. You're my only hope (and it's the right thing to do).
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oats log. Stardate 21.6.

I have located the elusive Oats. However, how I finally acquired 3 whole Oats is not promising. I got 3 in a provisioning bag from my hireling. Apparently, my hireling is Wilford Brimley. If that's the only place we can count on finding them it doesn't bode well for provisioning crafters unless they up the drop rate for them in those bags substantially.

p.s. WTS Oats x 3 for 10k each.
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing here. I play on EU server. Absolutely no oats in game. I asked around in /zone for 3-4 days and nobody gave a positive reply regarding finding some oat. I picked up EVERY crate, sack, barrels in all possible zones and I am using my hireling for 2 weeks now. I've got garlic, paprika, potatoes ( all ingredients to make purple recipes), but 0 chance for tomatoes or oats. That sucks!
  • Ulalume
    Ulalume
    Now I wish I had read the this thread before I spent two hours going from zone to zone on DC side trying to find oats. Needless to say, I didn't find any. Oh, and I play on the EU server too.
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    Ulalume wrote: »
    Now I wish I had read the this thread before I spent two hours going from zone to zone on DC side trying to find oats. Needless to say, I didn't find any. Oh, and I play on the EU server too.

You spent 2 hrs, I spent 2 days...Than i managed to buy three(!) off someone i was doing dungeon with for 150 gold. What a deal!
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do hope my dear horse fatty hasn't caused this shortage of oats! ;)
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    If only we can steal oats from stables...Do you think people will know the difference between 'normal' oats and the oats you feed horses when they take a bite?
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    shadowz081 wrote: »
    If only we can steal oats from stables...Do you think people will know the difference between 'normal' oats and the oats you feed horses when they take a bite?

wouldn't it be great if all the provisioners joined the Thieves Guild (when implemented) and raided the stables for oats? :D
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    Daenerys wrote: »
    shadowz081 wrote: »

wouldn't it be great if all the provisioners joined the Thieves Guild (when implemented) and raided the stables for oats? :D
    'Today is a sad day for many. Players can no longer feed their mounts oats to increase carrying capacity, for ALL the oats from every stable across Tamiral has mysteriously disappeared, most likely stolen by some evil villain to deprive player the luxury to carry more items. Even reports of new shipments have mysteriously disappeared the moment they arrive at the stables and no one seem to be aware who is behind it.

Even in Cyrodiil, many brave soldiers have taken to guarding the stables, but most have been found dead, with survivors recounting that hordes of 'being possessed by daedra' storm them, that for every one person they kill, ten will replace him, slaughtering everyone that stood between them and the oats, while ignoring everything else.

This reporter just hopes that the person or people behind this will be caught and bought to justice for inconveniencing so many, but in other news, the amount of epic quality food available has sky rocketed to all time highs, with many provisioners making hefty profits...'
  • mlamonb16_ESO
    mlamonb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Nice one! It helps waiting for the server to get back on. Thanks
  • mfischer303b14_ESO
    I have been getting oat from my provisioning hirelings
  • Altissimus
    Altissimus
    ✭✭✭
    Bump bump bump.....come on, how can you have a purple recipe with a major element of it missing in game?

Also, please report on your factions - is Oats specific to one faction and not others, perhaps? (Like some other provisioning foods). I am AD.
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭

Then you are hell of a lucky guy with that. No tomatoes and no oats for me with hirelings for two weeks now.
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    Cepeza wrote: »

Then you are hell of a lucky guy with that. No tomatoes and no oats for me with hirelings for two weeks now.

Well I can easily get lv 3 hireling right now...But im debating whether or not to do it, cause it is not 100% chance of oats...On the other hand...The profit i could make from selling purple food in general...
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the Tomatoes!
  • mfischer303b14_ESO
    i Have 5 provision alt hirelings all of them level 48provisoiner so i get 10 chests a day from them, i get quite a few of the items needed, The problem is, there really isnt much money to be made on food, especially because can get food just about everywhere out of chests, very close to what can be crafted. Altogether though I have gone to level 35ish zones and sold purple food at 100g ea, Sold roughly 30food total since start of game, so not alot.
  • Chargul
    Chargul
    ✭✭✭
    I have 3 Oats in my inventory right now. Don't remember where I got them, might have been my hireling. The same place I got my 2 tomatoes which seem to be just as rare & are required for a purple recipe I have.
    LLTS - In Friendship We Conquer
  • Beast_Soul
    Beast_Soul
    ✭✭
    The 3 epic foodstuffs right now are pepper, tomatoes and oats. Because I have 70something pepper, I am thinking tomatoes and oats are either faction specific, or a huge oversight. Based on everyones responses, I'm guessing it's an oversight, unless we're ALL ebonheart on ALL our characters.

But it seems silly to me that you can find non EP item recipes in an EP area.
    Edited by Beast_Soul on April 28, 2014 4:12PM
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, I usually don't pay attention as my alts all stick food stuffs in the bank for my provisioner. I know at least one faction member keeps getting craw dads.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beast_Soul wrote: »
    The 3 epic foodstuffs right now are pepper, tomatoes and oats. Because I have 70something pepper, I am thinking tomatoes and oats are either faction specific, or a huge oversight. Based on everyones responses, I'm guessing it's an oversight, unless we're ALL ebonheart on ALL our characters.

But it seems silly to me that you can find non EP item recipes in an EP area.

That's kind of interesting. I'm in EP faction as well and our guild bank has about 48 Pepper but the only Oats or Tomatoes I have seen are from hirelings so we have very few of each of those. That being said I'm almost VR3 in DC area and I still haven't seen any Oats or Tomatoes in this area, either (unless they only spawn in the native faction area or something).
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys saw the zos post right? Oats are supposed to be hireling rank 2 or higher only. Same with tomatoes.