The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Customer Service Requesting Personal & Confidential Information

• RPGDad
    RPGDad
    ✭✭
    Having worked in IT we have to attend yearly security training and most companies make transmitting any PII over un-encrypted channels a terminable offense. I've had my ID stolen years ago, before "identity theft" was even coined and I certainly don't appreciate being asked for my PII over e-mail. Any decent support would call a customer over the phone when requesting PII. Have they never heard of ITIL?
    Edited by RPGDad on April 12, 2014 3:57PM
  • RPGDad
    RPGDad
    ✭✭
    Wow relegated to the 8th page, just goes to show how truly uninformed people are about their private information and online security. Guess we have to wait until identities get stolen before people start waking TFU!
  • Cydramech
    Cydramech
    ✭✭
    Having worked in IT we have to attend yearly security training and most companies make transmitting any PII over un-encrypted channels a terminable offense. I've had my ID stolen years ago, before "identity theft" was even coined and I certainly don't appreciate being asked for my PII over e-mail. Any decent support would call a customer over the phone when requesting PII. Have they never heard of ITIL?

Yeah, this... sounds like amateurish customer service. I hate to say it but even Square Enix's POL support from years ago looks better right now.

It just sucks, honestly.
  • RPGDad
    RPGDad
    ✭✭
    I've not had any issues that required contacting Customer Support lately. Is anyone still being asked for PII such as your Full Name or DOB?