The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[SUGGESTION] Even more emotes!

Rytfield
Rytfield
✭✭✭
Just a copy paste from my topic in customer support but that section is getting so flooded with topics that this one was buried 16 pages deep in less than a day. Here at least it has a chance to get the attention it deserves.

Currently there are 175 emotes in game and they're great.

Here's a list:
/angry
/annoyed
/applaud
/apple
/approve
/armscrossed
/beckon
/beg
/beggar
/bestowblessing
/bless
/blessing
/blowkiss
/boo
/bored
/bow
/breathless
/brushoff
/bucketsplash
/celebrate
/cheer
/clap
/cold
/come
/comehere
/confused
/congrats
/congratulate
/controlrod
/cower
/crouch
/cry
/crying
/cuckoo
/curtsey
/dance
/dancedrunk
/disapprove
/disgust
/dishonor
/dismiss
/doom
/downcast
/drink
/drink2
/drum
/drunk
/dustoff
/eat
/eatbread
/eatbread
/exasperated
/facepalm
/faint
/fistpump
/flirt
/flute
/followme
/give
/goaway
/grats
/greet
/hail
/hammer
/hammerlow
/hammerwall
/handsonhips
/handtoheart
/headache
/headscratch
/heartbroken
/hello
/honor
/horn
/huh
/humble
/impatient
/jumpingjacks
/kiss
/kiss
/kneel
/kneelpray
/knock
/knockeddown
/knuckles
/kowtow
/laugh
/leanback
/leanside
/leaveme
/lol
/lute
/no
/nod
/overhere
/payme
/phew
/playdead
/plead
/point
/pointb
/pointd
/pointl
/pointr
/pointu
/poke
/potion
/pour
/pray
/preen
/push
/pushup
/pushups
/rally
/read
/ritual
/rubhands
/rude
/salute
/salute2
/salute3
/saluteloop
/saluteloop2
/saluteloop3
/scared
/scratch
/search
/self
/shakefist
/shh
/shieldeyes
/shout
/shovel
/shrug
/sick
/sigh
/sit
/sit2
/sit3
/sit4
/sit5
/sit6
/sitchair
/situps
/sleep
/sleep2
/smash
/stagger
/stop
/stretch
/surprised
/surrender
/take
/tap
/taunt
/thank
/thanks
/thankyou
/threaten
/thumbsdown
/thumbsup
/tilt
/touch
/twiddle
/wagfinger
/wand
/wand2
/wave
/welcome
/whisper
/whistle
/write
/yawn
/yes
/you

The Emote Toy Addon used to give access to even more but since the api changes some days before launch of this game the addon became useless and we lost a few great emotes. I know a few of these were abusable so the api changes are understandable but some of the emotes were really nice and not abusable and some people (including myself) kind of miss them.

So with this topic I'd like to request some more emotes which basically already exist but need a slash command in order to work.

Here's a list with ideas:
/injured
injured.png

/sharpenblade
sharpenblade.png

/sweep
sweep.png

/tossupcoin
tossupcoin.png

/weed
weed.png

Feel free to discuss the concept of extra emotes or some of these in particular. I'll update the list if I come across more emotes which would be nice to have a slash command for. Have a suggestion for a new emote? Let me know and I'll add it to the list!
Edited by Rytfield on April 15, 2014 3:38PM
  • Grayphilosophy
    Grayphilosophy
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely and completely support this. All those fantastic idle animations and whatnot that you were able to do with this addon was fantastic. I don't understand why they'd exclude players from so many existing animations in the first place. If it counts for anything, you have my vote.
  • adamwigan
    adamwigan
    I wasn't aware that such an addon existed back in beta. Giving us access to more emotes is always a plus in my eyes.
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    Ran into another possible emote which I added to the list.

/weed (no not that kind of weed! :p)
    weed.png
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive seen npcs doing one where they kick the ground. Is that one doable or is it only for npcs? I dont think I seen it on your list of emotes.

Oh its dishonor! I can see how that makes sense, but I thought it would be called kick or something.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on April 16, 2014 2:04AM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • STORMCROW0707
    STORMCROW0707
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I know this will never be read but do you ever think we could have emotes like

/levitate (Pic here https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/8/86/Korthor_Levitating.png/revision/latest?cb=20150206185003 )

/levitateritual (like the pic here but without the particle effects https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/0/00/Murarel.png/revision/latest?cb=20160926020653 )

/Sharpen blade

This would be gratefully appreciated if you could pass these ideas on to the team who deal with these emotes, but if you don't i understand because you have many things be dealing with.

Yours sincerely

Stormcrow0707