The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leeching strikes broken (BUG)

Mazdryk
Mazdryk
Class: Nightblade
Skill: Leeching strikes
Description: The skill Leeching strikes (morphed from Siphoning strikes) only returns 2.4% health on hit when it should return 4%. In beta patch v.018 this skill was changed from 2.4 to 4% but you guys forgot to change the mechanics on the health for the morphed versions!

Please /BUG this ingame
  • Mazdryk
    Mazdryk
    hmm
    Options
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to think they're going to fix this...but from the amount of bugs still prevalent from the BETA's I don't think it's their top priority -_-
    Options
  • Mazdryk
    Mazdryk
    I wish we could get some kind of bug tracker or DEV post saying they at least acknowledge this bug.
    Options
  • Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Please fix.

:|
    Options
  • visionlyricsub17_ESO
    Anoteros wrote: »
    I'd like to think they're going to fix this...but from the amount of bugs still prevalent from the BETA's I don't think it's their top priority -_-

It should be a top priority I'm playing with a class that has a bugged skill. It's a fairly easy fix too. Please Zenimax fix ASAP.
    Options
  • Mobius0
    Mobius0
    ✭✭✭
    All but 2 of the Siphoning skills are bugged, I believe.

Though they are the two I haven't tested, so they very well could be, lol.
    Options
  • Mazdryk
    Mazdryk
    Communication is bad. Please give us an estimated fix date.
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it even worth getting in the bugged version? Hmmm
    Options
  • Mazdryk
    Mazdryk
    no its not worth it because it only works on light/heavy attacks. Ability attacks give you nothing.
    Options
  • fantom
    fantom
    It's still worth it. Great ability for sustaining yourself on long boss fights.
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eh i've been leveling it up, and i don't see it being that great yet. I mean..i don't know it feels so weak healing.
    Options
  • zamiel
    zamiel
    ✭✭✭
    eh i've been leveling it up, and i don't see it being that great yet. I mean..i don't know it feels so weak healing.
    With haste and dual weapons it can be significant. Especially if you're in heavy armor to mitigate damage.

Granted with 4% it would be much-much better. I wonder if you could build a self sustaining tank that way.
    Edited by zamiel on April 14, 2014 1:29PM
    Options
  • drakuel1ub17_ESO
    Nightblade skills are bugged, not just that line.. I noticed several other skills not working properly. The damage staff knockback morph is not even scratching the enemy when it is supposed to do more damage. My sneak attack stun not working with path of darkness up and I am shadowed , stun never happens.

I also think for all classes that the combat is not responding to our commands. Many times my skills do not fire off as they should leaving me in touch positions sometimes death..

When you go light armor NB these issues have a massive effect on your gameplay experience. I have died a lot this weekend unnecessarily, not because of anything I did. I always go into battle with strategy but if my actions do not fire, that causes everything to fall apart.. I actually had to just start using only 2 skills , one for DPS and one to get out of the situation, due to these bugs.
    Options
  • Quorthon89
    Nightblade skill lines seem to really need a urgent fix... so many skills buggy...
    Options
  • e.gamemarkb14_ESO
    e.gamemarkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I see a lot of baseline complaints with very few real examples and details as to what you think is actually buggy / broken. Give actual examples, such as, when using X skill during a situation, I noticed "this" happens instead of "this".

Coming here complaining doesn't do the devs any good unless your have specific, detailed information, at which time you should be submitting through the bug report feature in game (F1).
    Options
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    I see a lot of baseline complaints with very few real examples and details as to what you think is actually buggy / broken. Give actual examples, such as, when using X skill during a situation, I noticed "this" happens instead of "this".

Coming here complaining doesn't do the devs any good unless your have specific, detailed information, at which time you should be submitting through the bug report feature in game (F1).

Here is just one of the most recent threads providing the real examples you must have missed. Bugged/Broken Nightblade skills
    Options
  • kinok0
    kinok0

When you go light armor NB these issues have a massive effect on your gameplay experience. I have died a lot this weekend unnecessarily, not because of anything I did. I always go into battle with strategy but if my actions do not fire, that causes everything to fall apart.. I actually had to just start using only 2 skills , one for DPS and one to get out of the situation, due to these bugs.

YES, YES, AND YES!

It is a big issue and I die very little in this game tbh (I'm not bragging just pointing out the fact I'm level 30 and almost never died) BUT I DID die a few times and got very mad cause I am a glass canon mage dps, and when I have to click three times for my spell to fire and loose time because of this WHILE it takes like 2 or 3 hit to kill me, well then it is a massiv issue. The most broken spell for the sorcerer is liquid lightning and it's morph. The animation just glitch 2 times over 3 cast and I made an habit to spam 2 (my hotkey for this spell) 3 times before clicking so the game understand I asked him to freaking cast liquid lightning and not shoot with my staff in the ground. That and the heavy attack with Ice staff and some other stuffs have animation glitch and I know I read an article about this recently: that the fights in ESO are glitchy cause the animations doesn't chain well.

tl;dr: animations are glitchy, some spells doesn't cast fast enough or at all because of the way animations chain.
    Edited by kinok0 on April 20, 2014 9:20PM
    Options
  • Mosti
    Mosti
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed this bug is very aggravating, hope they work on fixing this and the other NB skills that are bugged soon!
    Options
  • swoop.romerb16_ESO
    im VR5, and even though the skills bug occasionally for me also, its not a big deal and im capable to handle the situation as long as they arent more than 3. Dieing aint that bad in this game... If you go glass cannon melee NB... rethink it... melee glass cannon??

Or maybe rethink what skills you use, when you die just because your opener fail... your gonna have a hard time in pvp at least!
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What really bugs me is that I can activate invisibility for 2.5 seconds, but half the time I'm unable to use another ability like surprise attack for the duration. I mash the button for it, but keep getting an error noise, and then suddenly i'm visible again.

What's the point if that's going to happen?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    What really bugs me is that I can activate invisibility for 2.5 seconds, but half the time I'm unable to use another ability like surprise attack for the duration. I mash the button for it, but keep getting an error noise, and then suddenly i'm visible again.

What's the point if that's going to happen?

Running out of mana?
    Pact Bloodwraith
    Options
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Mosti wrote: »
    Agreed this bug is very aggravating, hope they work on fixing this and the other NB skills that are bugged soon!

Leeching strikes would be a great start but that is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how broken/bugged Nightblade class abilities are.

Assassination:

Death Stroke <Incapacitating Strike> and <Soul Harvest> On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered.

Assassin’s Blade <Killer’s Blade> and <Impale> – On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered. These abilities are also bugged in that they cannot crit. This may be fixed in 1.1

Haste <Focused Attacks> and <Incapacitate> – The attack speed increase of 30% doesn’t affect bow weapons.

Mark Target <Reaper’s Mark> – The gain damage bonus effect does not appear to work.

Mark Target <Piercing Mark> – Allows you to see and attack targets who are sneaking however not targets that are invisible currently.

Teleport Strike <Ambush> – On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered.

Shadow:

Shadow Cloak <Shadowy Disguise> – Approximately 25% of the time this ability does not trigger any of its effects.

Shadow Cloak <Shadowy Disguise> and <Dark Cloak> – On occasion you wont visually be invisible but you are to the mobs.

Shadow Cloak <Shadowy Disguise> and <Dark Cloak> – Your character becomes invisible however enemy players can see particle effects and thus be able to locate your player.

Veiled Strike <Concealed Weapon> – The 22% movement speed in stealth while slotted effect appears to suffer the dreaded “Once you’ve died you need to re-log or zone to rectify the issue”. Workaround: If you re-log or change zones it will force the passive effect to work again.

Veiled Strike <Surprise Attack> and <Concealed Weapon> – Often the animation and stun effect will occur but no damage is done to the enemy.

Path of Darkness <Twisting Path> and <Refreshing Path> – This ability appears to be affected by terrain, the magicka cost is spent however the ability does not trigger.

Aspect of Terror <Mass Hysteria> and <Manifestation of Terror> – The base fear effect of 2 nearby enemies doesn’t appear to last the suggested 4 seconds all the time. It is often between 1.5 – 4 seconds.

Siphoning:

Strife <Funnel Health> – On occasion it doesn’t apply to anyone.

Strife <Funnel Health> – Doesn’t appear to be healing allies for the actual amount it should be, inconsistent heal effects.

Cripple <Debilitate> and <Crippling Grasp> – The dot effect of this ability does not work on mobs that are immune to snare effects.

Siphoning Strikes <Leeching Strike> – Only gives an extra 2.4% health instead of the expected 4%. This I've confirmed myself.

Drain Power <Sap Essence> – Is unable to perform a critical strike for both the damage and healing component of this ability.

Drain Power <Sap Essence> – Will not cast the heal effect unless the enemy is being damaged.

Drain Power <Sap Essence> – Heals only for the base amount, and the +20% heal per target hit is never applied.

Magicka Flood <Passive> – Gives 8% max magicka at level 2 while siphoning ability that is slotted. This passive doesn’t detect the siphoning ability swallow soul which I've personally confirmed.
    Edited by Evergreen on May 3, 2014 8:17AM
    Options
  • Anzer
    Anzer
    ✭✭✭
    Evergreen wrote: »
    -SNIP-

Magicka Flood <Passive> – Gives 8% max magicka at level 2 while siphoning ability that is slotted. This passive doesn’t detect the siphoning ability swallow soul which I've personally confirmed.
    Magicka Flood works fine with Swallow Soul, it provides the 8% max magicka to my NB while I have the ability slotted. Are you sure you aren't confused about what "slotted" means in this game? For an ability to be considered "slotted" it has to be on your active bar. If an ability is on the 2nd bar you don't have active at the time of checking, it isn't counted as slotted. Only active abilities on your active bar are considered to be slotted abilities.

NA Server:

Anzer - Nightblade Tank / Zander - Dragonknight Tank / Selvaria - Sorcerer Healer / Rozalin Black - Templar Healer
    Options
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Anzer wrote: »
    -SNIP-

Magicka Flood works fine with Swallow Soul, it provides the 8% max magicka to my NB while I have the ability slotted. Are you sure you aren't confused about what "slotted" means in this game? For an ability to be considered "slotted" it has to be on your active bar. If an ability is on the 2nd bar you don't have active at the time of checking, it isn't counted as slotted. Only active abilities on your active bar are considered to be slotted abilities.

For some reason my character screen wasn't updating but re-installing the FTC addon I noticed the numbers were showing an 8% increase. Thanks for the correction.
    Options
  • Anzer
    Anzer
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason my character screen wasn't updating but re-installing the FTC addon I noticed the numbers were showing an 8% increase. Thanks for the correction.
    Sure thing! It's sad when I'd rather trust an add-on than the developer provided numbers via the character sheet. :neutral_face:
    NA Server:

Anzer - Nightblade Tank / Zander - Dragonknight Tank / Selvaria - Sorcerer Healer / Rozalin Black - Templar Healer
    Options
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they do not fix it soon I will cancel my sub, I do not like this skill being bugged. When I made my build BEFORE launch, this was one of my 5 skills. Not happy that it does not work properly. Infact, some days it does not even heal at all...
    Pact Bloodwraith
    Options
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭

Nightblades are in severe need of fixing.

Edited by Evergreen on May 20, 2014 4:09PM
    Options
  • Creslian7
    Creslian7
    ✭✭✭
    The morph Siphoning Attacks breaks when you die and requires a relog for it to work again on abilities.
    Options
  • Talketzanto
    Talketzanto
    ✭✭✭
    none of this stuff is being fixed in the upcoming patch correct?
    Options
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Is this *still* broken?
    Options