Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

lost all friends/guild

• Toonen1988
    Toonen1988
    ✭✭
    My guild/friend list is back, i was just doing some qeusts and it appears bacl out of nowhere.

Be patience guys, I think it is some kind of connection problems! It takes a while to get your friend/guild list!
    Edited by Toonen1988 on April 7, 2014 8:49PM
  • windghostb16_ESO
    Had the same issue. But after about 30-40min the guild pops up. But when looking at my own UserID at the top it is blank, both on contacts and guild.
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, a load of stuff I had previously sold, is back in my inventory.
  • prabab
    prabab
    Toonen1988 wrote: »
    Be patience guys, I think it is some kind of connection problems! It takes a while to get your friend/guild list!
    So, are the surplus money that suddenly have appeared on my character going to dissapear, along with the surplus items that have shown up in my inventory? I seriously don't know what to do. Can I play this character? Because I have a feeling that something is broken with it and anything I do will only make things worse.
    Edited by prabab on April 7, 2014 8:52PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We have identified the issue with the disappearing friends lists and guilds. You should start seeing them re-appear. We'll let you know when the fix is finished running.

@prabab - When did you experience missing items? Was it a few days ago? Today?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sturmlied
    Sturmlied
    I ran the repair tool still same problem are you guys going to fix this asap?

As quickly as possible, yes.

Jessica... are your higher ups aware that this amounts to a lost day for most many of us? About 7 hours where the game is unplayable and many of us just wanted to relax after work and play ESO? Just saying that after a few good days this causes a lot of frustration and that the is no communication about it does not make it better. While you are doing a good job, everyone not taking the time to go through countless postings may feel a bit ignored. You guys really need a community team and better communication policy.

Oh and maybe something to balance out the frustration this caused. How about some temporary exp boost to make up the lost time ;)
  • qwaurck
    qwaurck
    ✭✭
    A few guildies have the guild/friends interface working again.
    I am still guessing it is cause of the overflow server or is their really an issue @ZOS_JessicaFolsom?
    Edited by qwaurck on April 7, 2014 9:01PM
  • Bansheedragon
    Bansheedragon
    ✭✭✭
    Could those of you experiencing this issue please try logging completely out of the game, run a repair on the client, and log back in? Let us know if that fixes it?

Been there done that, and now I cant even get into the game.
    I can log in fine, but I when I select a character, it says loading character for a while and then boots me to the login screen with an "Unknown error".

I'm on the EU megaserver.

From what I understand there was a patch today as well.
    My game hos not been updated which I suspect is the cause of the problem.

My last game update was on 2014/04/05 20:00;43
    Version number: 1.0.0.964485

I was hoping to get in a couple hours gametime before going to bed, but not gonna happen now.
  • Knight150
    Knight150
    ✭✭✭
    ditto mmo where I can't contact friends ..... grrrrrr
  • stefan9
    stefan9
    ✭✭
    My guilds and my contact list has now returned but my 20 bank space that was lost when this occured is still gone...
  • prabab
    prabab
    Actually, as far as I see, there aren't any missing items anymore. The ones in the bank have reappeared. But there's a bigger problem - I'm pretty sure that I have more items that I have had before in my inventory, like if I got somebody's else inventory contents added to mine. Also, I had about 2500 gold before the patch, now I have more than 7000...
    Edited by prabab on April 7, 2014 8:58PM
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though my guild now has started working, guild chat isn't

I type something and it's as though someone's running through the wires with the message, stopping for a cup of coffee, and finally putting it on the screen 10 + mins later
  • Krixis
    Krixis
    Im on overflow server, still get Unknown error and disconnected sometimes. My thought is it is trying to put me back on megaserver and I get DCed everytime..
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have identified the issue with the disappearing friends lists and guilds. You should start seeing them re-appear. We'll let you know when the fix is finished running.

Same Problem on the EU-Server. This issue had been comed up after the patch today and a Disconnect (Unknown Error). This Disconnect happened on a Loadscreen (i had those error on both loadscreens - login/charselect and worldloadscreens like dungeons) and i am not able to see my guilds/friends since this point.

I never had that problem before this patch.
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on April 7, 2014 9:01PM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • cyr1ana
    cyr1ana
    ✭✭
    Can't get into the game anymore. It would be nice to inform us whats going on.
    Edited by cyr1ana on April 7, 2014 9:00PM
  • Serzhas
    Serzhas
    Soul Shriven
    SilverWF wrote: »
    The same
    Also, all of my addons now in the default settings.
    F*CK!
    Stored data format changed a bit. All old data is still there, you just need to replace "@YouUserName" with "" (blank string), and all old settings will be accepted again. That is not that much of a problem with AddOns settings, however, this is a HUGE problem with Esohead Markers collected data. Doing aforementioned procedure I managed to get my data back.
    P.S. Quite a stupid move from Bethesda part to change stored data format...

EDIT: StoredData is located there: c:\Users\[USER]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\SavedVariables
    Edited by Serzhas on April 7, 2014 9:00PM
  • ccas7
    ccas7
    I got an unknown error, relogged, had a huge loading screen (after char selection), unknown error again, and now I can't get past log in. (Unable to log in error)
  • parkerdubberb16_ESO
    Ok, I just got my first message in gchat pop up...with a 15 minutes delay. Looks like the gchat is suffering from a huge lag issue. Same for whispers. All other chat systems work as intended for me.
  • prabab
    prabab
    Serzhas wrote: »
    P.S. Quite a stupid move from Bethesda part to change stored data format...
    While it's true I have a feeling that it's better for them to change such things earlier than later.
    EDIT: StoredData is located there: c:\Users\[USER]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\SavedVariables
    Thanks!
  • 88mister88b16_ESO
    i currently lost my guilds aswell as im the leader of the bushido guild on the eu server including my friends list,i do relize this is a bug as a guildie who whas on my ts is still in my guild and im shown offline even tho im not.hopefully it will get fixed soon.i do have to add the lak of communication on the actual server as players online wondering what happend and i think you as server admins should put an server wide announcement to them every 5 or 10minutes explaining theyr account is currently bugged.ps of my 5day early accsess ive lost at least 2days of gametime with theese kind of issues since launch
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    We have identified the issue with the disappearing friends lists and guilds. You should start seeing them re-appear. We'll let you know when the fix is finished running

I don't get it, so you fixed it or not?

edit: it works now, but sooooo slow...

Edited by Bob on April 7, 2014 9:06PM
  • Sorcerious
    Guild is back but ALL chat is MASSIVELY slow (as in, i type a whisper to someone or type something in guild chat and it arrived half an hour later)
  • MichaelD
    MichaelD
    ccas7 wrote: »
    I got an unknown error, relogged, had a huge loading screen (after char selection), unknown error again, and now I can't get past log in. (Unable to log in error)

Have this error also, logging in, selecting char and then I enter game I enter a portal (I'm at coldharbour) and then unknown error...
    any ideas?
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to my bank and all is intact, "phew". But I did have a chuckle when the NPC said to me, "welcome to the Bank of Mournhold, your valuables will be safe with us"...
  • prabab
    prabab
    Bob wrote: »
    We have identified the issue with the disappearing friends lists and guilds. You should start seeing them re-appear. We'll let you know when the fix is finished running

I don't get it, so you fixed it or not?
    Most probably it's some script that fixes broken things and is running in a loop on all the players/accounts.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild has reappeared now, although guild chat and whispers have crazy lag of anywhere from 10 mins to 2 hours.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • prabab
    prabab
    Friends list and guilds are back. However I'm still richer by about 5000 gold than I was before the patch. Or maybe I shouldn't complain? ;D
    Edited by prabab on April 7, 2014 9:08PM
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guild chat response is not back to normal for my guild, and I have the Alliance stuff back too

Thanks
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is once again to-time for me as well. Looks like Akatosh has broken free of Tiid Klo Ul.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • podfingersb16_ESO
    podfingersb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I logged in this evening and had the same issue, unknown error occurred while logging in, worked the second time then guild and friends list was empty. Logged out and ran the repair, still have the log in error but friends and guilds are back again :)
This discussion has been closed.