The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Get: ESO Trait Research Tracker (Google Spreadsheet)

daim
daim
✭✭✭✭✭
I created a google spreadsheet to track the traits I've researched for Clothing, Blacksmithing and Woodworking and thought to share it with you. I'm no spreadsheet geek so I'm sure there's better ways to do it but this will do for me at least.

Check out the [url=""]Preview[/url] how it looks (editing is disabled so you can't actually test it before getting a template for yourself)

If you like it get the clean [url=""]Template[/url]. If you have a Google account you can easily Save it as a Copy for your own purposes but I suppose you can also save it in Excel format etc (although the functions and appearance might change/not work).

With it you can easily track your own progress with all the research traits you can have outside of the game and share the information with your guildies and friends.

Instructions:

There's four Tabs available (at the bottom of the spreadsheet): Summary, Clothing, Blacksmithing and Woodworking.

On summary page you can see your current progress on the different vocations you're researching traits for. There's only a few cells you should edit here. Those are the name, and vocation ranks (Stitching for Clothing, Metallurgy for Blacksmithing and Carpentry for Woodworking) as from your character crafting skill trees you can upgrade your crafting skills to speed up your research durations (Did you know that without upgrading those skills it will take over 2 years to completely research every trait for Blacksmithing for example).

On the other three tabs (Clothing, Blacksmithing, Woodworking) you can mark the traits you have actually researched:
  • Mark the cell you have researched with number 1 and the corresponding cell will turn into light GREEN.
  • Mark the cell you haven't yet researched but have an item that does have a trait you want to research with letter X (useful if you use mule alt to collect items with some specific traits that you want to research) and the cell will turn bright BLUE.
  • If the cell turns RED there's something wrong with the value you entered and you should fix it.

<*>The Total days left to complete the whole vocation research is more like an indicator as it doesn't know if you can do multiple research over one vocation (and I couldn't just divide it by two for example, I suppose - That's why I left the days from the Summary as well).

I also recommend getting these addons for C/B/W crafting purposes:

Research Assistant
  • Research Assistant will visually show you if a trait on a specific item on your inventory/bank is already researched or not. Also shows if there's an diblicate in your inventory. Very useful!

AI Research Grid
  • Basically much alike this spreadsheet but in-game version.

Craft Research Timer
  • Shows how long until you can research something again. You can set it to turn on automatically when you're in menus.

edit: links removed, same are still available in the posts below
Edited by daim on January 17, 2023 10:41AM
""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
PC|EU
  • sasajs_ESO
    This is great thanks a lot for taking the time to create it!
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is nice, better than my spreadsheet, especially summary tab showing progress and research times. One suggestion,,,it would be much easier to input data if your columns and rows aligned with the items and traits as they appear in research tab.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    This one thanks thee, as this is very useful. Now Ri'Dariit can optimize time not to check each time this one receives item if it has been researched yet.
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • yv3tt3
    yv3tt3
    i loved to use your template for the research tracking.
    is it possible to get a new one for the new update 4 9 trait crafting system ?
  • Aelendil
    Aelendil
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'd love to see an updated version for the 9th trait and the Rank 4 Passive in Mettalurgy, Stitching and Carpentry.
    Server: EU
    Guild: Het Vreemdelingen Legioen
    Account Name: @arieblom
    Characters: Aelendil Lv50 Nightblade, Temael Lv50 Templar, Sorcael Lv50 Sorcerer, Wardael Lv50 Warden

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm.... I couldn't be bothered tracking it that way. I am leveling 11 Alts in crafts, which probably puts me behind the 8-ball a little, regards in-game money and skills. What I did was list the Skill as a headline and the traits underneath in a column. I listed the Research Slots at the bottom and a list of the Racial Styles. I then printed it out and use a pen to overwrite the trait with a line and a pencil to record the date the research finishes. On my highest crafting-leveled Alt I record who has the traits that they don't.

I just want to see at a glance what an alt doesn't have so that I can craft one and drop it in the bank at the appropriate time.
    WNDm65S.jpg
    Edited by Woolenthreads on August 24, 2014 1:21AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • GFBStarWars
    GFBStarWars
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome work, i had one made but yours is really better ;)
    P.s.: how did i found out about this post just now
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    No offense, but there's already an addon that does all this and more in game called Craftstore.
    It's updated very regularly as well.
  • yv3tt3
    yv3tt3
    we dont want a ingame addon because with a ingame addon you cant share it with other people.

this is for a google sheet which can be published with other people !
    and for that blank google template wich is linked above we are asking for an update
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too bad it doesn't handle research with more than one character :<
    Wololo.
  • Aelendil
    Aelendil
    ✭✭
    Characters: Aelendil Lv50 Nightblade, Temael Lv50 Templar, Sorcael Lv50 Sorcerer, Wardael Lv50 Warden

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Too bad it doesn't handle research with more than one character :<

That's the good thing about spreadsheets, you do one per character, and one using initials to see what the overall layout of your research is.

Takes a few seconds when researching to tick and initial, and you can see if nobody has learned Divine trait on Cuirasses or Exploration trait on Robes/Jerkins (from my own research sheet at a glance).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    Aelendil wrote: »

Nice, Updated version + Motivs. Took the liberty to make a copy, thank you!
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to use this before some very good addons came out that pretty much automate trait research tracking, even across alts. The only advantage I see to this is the ability to work offline. With Craftstore addon, I can see traits learned, traits in progress of being learned, and items in inventory to be learned in future, all at a keystroke. Plus learned motifs, mail timer, horse timer, research timers. Our guild has a section with a similar spreadsheet to see who had what trait, but we've pretty much gone to screenshots of Craftstore.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Aelendil
    Aelendil
    ✭✭
    Updated with the Nirnhoned Trait and Dwemer and Xivkyn Motifs and Chapters.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AndwflVypJ0OdHdBNW1WcV9NSGltbW13S2tSUkl0cmc#gid=7
    Edited by Aelendil on February 23, 2015 6:01PM

• BelgaerBell
    BelgaerBell
    Soul Shriven

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AndwflVypJ0OdHdBNW1WcV9NSGltbW13S2tSUkl0cmc#gid=7

The document wasn't found is there any way you could reupload it? These spreadsheets are so nice for console crafters and this is the best one I've found, but it's vastly out of date.
  • wolfslayerjab
    wolfslayerjab
    Soul Shriven

The document wasn't found is there any way you could reupload it? These spreadsheets are so nice for console crafters and this is the best one I've found, but it's vastly out of date.

I second this I also like to get this doc with the new traits.
  • Championofold
    I use the eso toolkit on Android but these are always welcome good job man!