The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please give Vampires their fangs

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
Love the dynamic appearance of vampires as they progress through their blood starved states, but can we please add in fangs? I felt they got the look right with Morrowind and Skyrim with fangs coming out (even Khajiit and Argonian having the long sabertooth like fangs) but seeing the blunted teeth with the pale skin makes a lot of vampires look a little less scary.

Also, a side request to that, if possible would a melee biting ability be possible? I don't mind the blood funneling, but it would be a neat alternative.

for all those other players out there, give your support if you'd like to see your vampires with a set of sharp fangs =^,,^=

Edit: Moved to General Discussion
Edited by HeroOfNone on March 11, 2015 4:25PM
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • mollyirma2000b16_ESO
    They won't ever do a bite attack... Even Skyrim and the other TES game didn't have it. No idea if it's because of laziness or what but i agree channeling a funnel of blood looks really dumb. And i really have no idea why they didn't add fangs? It's actually amazing why they didn't SEEING AS THAT IS WHAT MAKES A VAMPIRE.

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't ever do a bite attack... Even Skyrim and the other TES game didn't have it. No idea if it's because of laziness or what but i agree channeling a funnel of blood looks really dumb. And i really have no idea why they didn't add fangs? It's actually amazing why they didn't SEEING AS THAT IS WHAT MAKES A VAMPIRE.

the funnel of blood isn't so bad given its an MMO effect, better than if it were just another particle effect like the syphon ability. Other TES games did have biting through various mods though. In this case I would just like it as an alternative to the funnel, something to let you come up and bite for a quick bit of health (though less than you get through the funnel) so you can quickly follow up in something like PVP.

but yes, there are no fangs, even on Khajiit or Argonian where they should be the most pronounced.

Edited by HeroOfNone on April 5, 2014 11:53PM
  • hurricane198
    Bethesda and Zenimax decided to go with the times, over the years vampires are looking cuter with the day look at twilight, the game companys cant stay behind
    When we talk, we tell what we know, when we listen we learn something new
  • Froobert
    Froobert
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the above statement. Vampires, (When continually going through stages of vampirism) should gain changes in appearance as well.

This was in all the other games, and comments on the appearance of player with Vampirism from NPCs made the game seem more real; same with Werewolf, you have more hair, eyes are darker and you have bigger canines.

I'd like to agree that Vampires AND Werewolves should have changes in appearance upon gaining the abilities.

Thanks. :smiley:
    Froobert the Tank
    When In doubt, Bash it out! :)

"Member of Noore"

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froobert wrote: »
    I agree with the above statement. Vampires, (When continually going through stages of vampirism) should gain changes in appearance as well.

This was in all the other games, and comments on the appearance of player with Vampirism from NPCs made the game seem more real; same with Werewolf, you have more hair, eyes are darker and you have bigger canines.

I'd like to agree that Vampires AND Werewolves should have changes in appearance upon gaining the abilities.

Thanks. :smiley:

There are changes to vampires, mainly paler skin/fur/scales and red eyes (white with red surrounding it in later stages). The most notable lacking feature is fangs, which is iconic in almost all vampire lore. Not seeing it there is a little like watching a scifi channel movie remaking underworld =\

• Laplace
    Laplace
    ✭✭✭
    I agree wholeheartedly. Vampires should have fangs. It seems really, really odd that they don't.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I felt they got the look right with Morrowind and Skyrim with fangs coming out (even Khajiit and Argonian having the long sabertooth like fangs)

Wow, as a Khajiit vampire I would KILL for sabertooth style fangs...

Also it goes from Red areas around the eyes down to black and you get extremely veiny and pale at stage 4. I usually hang out around there because I forget to feed :x
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree you there fangs wouldnt be so bad but idk if it would look fashionable... maybe if they make it tiny?
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 8, 2014 12:51PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like more active abilities as a vampire, like the ability to charm people as a cc, or to infect someone and turn them into a thrall to fight for me for a short time before they die. Also yeah, giant crocodile fangs for my argonian plz.
    Edited by ArgonianAssassin on April 8, 2014 4:27PM
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • shenron_killerb14_ESO
    shenron_killerb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Bottom line is. It changes the skin for anyone not a khajiit. So why is it changing the fur for Khajiit and not skin? This one could see the idea of Khajiit looking a little lighter if the skin was white but the fur should be the same. This one blood was drained from him. He did not stay in a dark place for a millennium letting his fur go pale. As this one progresses into each stage of vampirism and getting lighter which each stage would be understandable. BUT NOT A 180 ON COLOR OF THIS ONES FUR AND ALL NON-KHAJIIT VAMPIRES HAIR STAYS THE *** SAME COLOR. (why are non-khajiit vampires hair the same color when this one's fur is stolen from him?)
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is a little odd that Vampire do not have fangs. Also Vampires should be able to craft Blood Potions. Both are lacking in ESO and need to be implemented. Since the developers of ESO gave players the option to become a Vampire they need to give all that should go with it. The Vampire skill line could be a lot better also. Of course there are a lot of things that are lacking in ESO.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the dynamic appearance of vampires as they progress through their blood starved states, but can we please add in fangs? I felt they got the look right with Morrowind and Skyrim with fangs coming out (even Khajiit and Argonian having the long sabertooth like fangs) but seeing the blunted teeth with the pale skin makes a lot of vampires look a little less scary.

Also, a side request to that, if possible would a melee biting ability be possible? I don't mind the blood funneling, but it would be a neat alternative.

for all those other players out there, give your support if you'd like to see your vampires with a set of sharp fangs =^,,^=

I have wondered this same thing about why we have no fangs. I was under the impression a Vampire in ESO was just a Zombie with pale skin and retained intellect, lol.

Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bottom line is. It changes the skin for anyone not a khajiit. So why is it changing the fur for Khajiit and not skin? This one could see the idea of Khajiit looking a little lighter if the skin was white but the fur should be the same. This one blood was drained from him. He did not stay in a dark place for a millennium letting his fur go pale. As this one progresses into each stage of vampirism and getting lighter which each stage would be understandable. BUT NOT A 180 ON COLOR OF THIS ONES FUR AND ALL NON-KHAJIIT VAMPIRES HAIR STAYS THE *** SAME COLOR. (why are non-khajiit vampires hair the same color when this one's fur is stolen from him?)

You REALLY like to RP your cat character even outside the game huh? LMAO

Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like more active abilities as a vampire, like the ability to charm people as a cc, or to infect someone and turn them into a thrall to fight for me for a short time before they die. Also yeah, giant crocodile fangs for my argonian plz.

People will cry if they add in my actives / passives. I think more actives is a good idea. You can only have so many skills on your bar anyway. Why does it matter if there are loads of Vampire and Werewolf skills. If you do not want it, do not use it I always say! lol.

If you choose to put Vampire skills on you bar over class, that is your choice. I like to mix it up. But in a game of choice, I was hoping for...more choices...

Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭

AGREED! Every ESO game that had Vampires had FANGS. How is this not an issue? How did they release a game with Vampires that have no fangs! That is not a Vampire IMHO!
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually there is a bite attack for vampire lord in skyrim.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Tharvall
    Tharvall
    ✭✭✭
    they're invisible (mist form, bat swarm) 99% of the time so why bother?
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    No problem with that, as long as it cost you 1000 ultimate, same what it cost for a werewolf just to turn into underpowered doggy like thing, which can be killed by a wasp.
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually there is a bite attack for vampire lord in skyrim.

porting from a single player to multiplayer, I can kind of understand the lack of a bite attack because of collision issues, still might have been doable though...
    Tharvall wrote: »
    they're invisible (mist form, bat swarm) 99% of the time so why bother?

rarely use mistform due to the bugs, and bat swarm we're still visible? either way its a bit of polish they could have given things.
    Dita wrote: »
    No problem with that, as long as it cost you 1000 ultimate, same what it cost for a werewolf just to turn into underpowered doggy like thing, which can be killed by a wasp.

Don't see why you're complaining about the balancing issues of the haves and have nots in this topic. I think better suited to the topic would be what cosmetic improvements or lacking cosmetic features you see with werewolves.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they eventually swap out the blood funnel with a bite for feeding. Followed by a neck snap.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like more teeth. I'm Khajiit vampire and would like extra fangs!

I also would like a melee bite option that is ridiculously messy and gross but i also love the channelled blood beam. It looks sick and messy =P
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • Elridge
    Elridge
    ✭✭✭
    Would be cool if they added in sleeping NPC's or something to feed on, or be able to bite during/after combat. Would add in something in towns for the guards to catch you doing haha
    Account Name:@Elridge
    "Be kind and generous to the people of Tamriel. Protect the weak, heal the sick, and give to the needy." -Stendarr "Ten Commands of the Nine Divines"
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elridge wrote: »
    Would be cool if they added in sleeping NPC's or something to feed on, or be able to bite during/after combat. Would add in something in towns for the guards to catch you doing haha

Wouldn't be a bad idea with the upcoming justice system, maybe one bite to bring you to stage 1-2 and a quick way to stop a guards KOS policy for stage 4
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    #SparkleOnly. True vampires sparkle. lol
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely DESPISE the feeding animation. It's ridiculous. It needs to GO AWAY. And YES, for the love of Lame, GIVE US FANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elridge wrote: »

Well they haven't bothered to tell us anything about how the Justice System will affect vampires and werewolves except for Paul Sage's nebulous statement that guards "will not like" Stage 4 vamps and transformed werewolves...and this despite the fact that the system is supposedly going to PTS this month. But yes, one would HOPE they will expand the options for vampires to feed!

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved to Feedback & Suggestions
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yes, where threads go to die. Forum readers don't look at anything here and I have to wonder if the Devs do either.

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Ah yes, where threads go to die. Forum readers don't look at anything here and I have to wonder if the Devs do either.

Maybe, but you and I are both here, and it's better than it sitting on the bottom of the general forums with no attention. Maybe some day when the need to archive messages for space they'll notice and decideto do a few of these ideas out of pity =3
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like a bite animation where the vampire leaps on the back of his victim and bites its neck, but maybe that would be too violent for the kids?

I dropped vampire on my character, but I agree with the aesthetics of the blood funnel being kind of lacking.
    Playing since beta...