The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Billing address is invalid (Started 4-4-14-11:15am Partially Fixed 4-9-14 4:30pm)

Mission
Mission
✭✭✭
Went to set up a subscription and got to the billing address and put in my address that was on my card and it told me billing address was invalid. Had the same thing happen when i was going to buy the imperial edition off eso site. Contacted support and they couldn't figure out why. So i said screw it and bought it through gamestop online. Now can't even set up a subscription cause of the same problem. Got a ticket into support again for them to call me, but decided to post on here to see if i could get help sooner.
Edited by Mission on April 9, 2014 10:51PM
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could try making sure the address matches what your credit card company has. Maybe something is off on the credit card side? Or do not even get that far? Just guessing and trying to help.
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    It matches exactly. In fact its the same address i use to order everything online. Eso site just doesnt seem to want to accept it. And you put in the address before you put in the credit card info on a different webpage. I even tried a different address that i use to live to see if it even accepted that address. It still said invalid.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    Ive also tried it in different browers. ON another pc, and on my phone. Same thing
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    Need help with this. Cant even redeem my game because of it
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know where you from, but I'm from Brazil and here we speak portuguese, it's not rare I have trouble when I put my address, because in portuguese we use characters like ã or é, etc. Get rid of all special characters Always solved my problems when was about billing address.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    United States and there are no special characters, periods or dashes in my address
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    It will just not accept any address I put in.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can try to set the billing separately on the account page then go to buy whatever you need and the fields should be filled, did you try that? Hope it helps.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you do that? Cause I don't see anywhere on my account page to Add or change an address, Just my name, and Password
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting the same thing, my address is listed as invalid. Bethesda's apparently decided my address doesn't exist, and no one could possibly live here.

I can't redeem my CD key at all, because it pukes when I try to set up the subscription.

EDIT, Also in the US, there's nothing unusual about my address that I'm aware of.
    Edited by starkerealm on April 4, 2014 5:42PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joolio wrote: »
    You can try to set the billing separately on the account page then go to buy whatever you need and the fields should be filled, did you try that? Hope it helps.

That doesn't work. They already have my address on file. That's visible when I try to set up the payment method, it just throws a tantrum when I try to actually confirm my subscription.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    Still no response from customer service on this. This is a major issue if you site doesn't recognise peoples zip code/town
    Edited by Mission on April 4, 2014 7:43PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of suspect it's configured to check Washington state against DC zips and it's throwing it's tantrum because of that. But, unless they fix this, come Sunday this game will be over for me, weather I like it or not.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not even close to there, I'm in Missouri. And have used this address/state/zip code on many other sites. It just doesn't like it on this site. What's funny is when i called back when trying to order the imperial edition. They made me confirm my address over the phone to make sure it was my account when I called em..so how does my address not work on the site...
  • ZOS_AlexD
    Hello! We're sorry for any frustration this issue has caused. Please make sure that when adding your address to the account system that it does not contain any special characters or punctuation marks. Please write our things like Road, Avenue, and Place to avoid any issues.@Mission we will send you a PM shortly. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, my girlfriend just got our address to work on her account by using an old XP system we use as a server. Not sure if there's any way this is useful or replicable, though.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlexD wrote: »
    Hello! We're sorry for any frustration this issue has caused. Please make sure that when adding your address to the account system that it does not contain any special characters or punctuation marks. Please write our things like Road, Avenue, and Place to avoid any issues.@Mission we will send you a PM shortly. Thank you!

I actually tried that a while ago, no dice. It does not work for me at all. And the only thing I got off of customer support was, "well, according to my screen you can play the game, so things should be fine", except if I can't register the game, then that all goes away in 48 hours.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Alex,
    Ya. I used no abbreviations, or punctuations when filling it out. It just didn't seem too want accept either the address itself, or its not connecting my city with my zip code or something.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    And also tried on multiple pcs/phone,even on a mac. Firefox, chrom, safari, internet explorer. Same exact error.
    Edited by Mission on April 4, 2014 8:36PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switching to a laptop managed to get it to work. Which sticks this in the voodoo troubleshooting range.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    That didn't work for me. Tried it on about every computer/device i could find in my house
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said, voodoo troubleshooting. The laptop is using the same OS, same browser, same antivirus, in the network configuration it's literally daisy chained off the desktop... and it worked. I am really at a loss to explain why. All I can think is some cookie or user setting breaks the address config... but I am honestly at a loss to figure that one out.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    So just tried my work address and it let me through to the next page, but dont want to continue past that with that address, cause its not the one on my credit card. So went back to try it with my address again...still invalid...
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, and I worked for FedEx, I remember running across addresses like this, once in a while, that would drive the ARC system insane. The physical address doesn't quite match the database, or never got fully entered. But, this is a really weird thing to pop up at this level of shipping.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how long support is in the office, but you would think launch weekend they would be 24/7. Got a forum response, and and email. Saying that my ticket had been escalated, and that I would be contacted shortly. Put the ticket in around 11:30 a.m. Got the forum post and email around 3 p.m. It is now after 7 p.m. And no contact what-so-ever. The site still will not accept my address.
    Edited by Mission on April 5, 2014 12:09AM
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try other browsers.

Try other Operating system.

Try other PC, cafés, friends.

If you run out of alternatives, try this:

http://fakenamegenerator.com/
  • The_Blackbird
    The_Blackbird
    ✭✭
    If you haven't got it sorted out yet, have you tried putting your entire address on one line and if you live on a rural route, tried abbreviating it to RR? I live in Missouri too, and sometimes that appeases finicky address verification systems for me.
    Edited by The_Blackbird on April 5, 2014 4:58PM
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    If customer support would just call me like my original ticket said instead of sending me emails it would help. Been 36 hours and have only gotten generic emails..that tell me stuff I already know and haven't solved the problem.
    Edited by Mission on April 5, 2014 11:23PM
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel really bad for your situation because if was I, it would be madness. Try the fake thing or a relatives address. If this motivates you, the game is really Worth, and I think most of players had trouble to get in at some point.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    The thing about the fake address. Is its the billing address that is attached to my credit card. So not sure its a good idea to use a different address. Still no resolution btw. Well over 52 hours now with no solution. Or real customer support help. And kind of at a loss of what I should do. Tried calling. Can't get through, Hours on hold only to be disconnected. Submitted another ticket, with my tickets reference number, no contact yet.

Oh and btw, my brother went to go purchase ESO digital from elderscrollsonline.com. With the same billing address that I use. Guess what "invalid address"
    Edited by Mission on April 6, 2014 8:03PM