The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shadowfen quests.

• sargon666777b14a_ESO
    sargon666777b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    After a lengthy conversation with support they confirmed that enough quests to get this achievement can be blocked, and that their is no fix. They said that in order for this to be fixed we need to file in game through /feedback so that it gets properly escalated.. They also told me to tell everyone I know.. which is why I am posting this here.. please file through /feedback..

Here is a copy of the conversation:

First Response ESO:

I am Rin, fellow Ebonheart warrior and here to assist you with your missing Shadowfen quests. I checked through your list of completed quests, and found that you are missing the following quests:
    • Bound to the Bog
    • Children of the Hist
    • Eyes of the Enemy
    • Hushed Whispers
    • Overrun
    • What Happened at Murkwater
    I hope that helps! Please note-- some quests in the area can be missed, depending on the order in which you complete them. For instance, I see that you completed "Saving the Relics," which is a quest where you killed the character who gives you the quest "Bound to the Bog." Similarly, you completed the quest "The Trail of the Skin-Walker," which means the quest "Eyes of the Enemy" is gone. "Hushed Whispers" is also blocked because you completed the quest "Back-Alley Murders."

I know it's frustrating when you find out that you can't get those last quests you need to complete an achievement-- believe me, I do. I missed this one, too. Fortunately, there are the veteran ranks, so you can always get the achievement the next time you play through the Ebonheart line.

I hope that helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you, and I will be happy to help.

My Response:
    I understand you are trying to help, but this doesn’t help.. first off the Veteran ranks do not help as that doesn’t let me replay Ebonheart on this character since I am already Ebonheart.. it only lets me play the other factions. Also doing this on an alt will not help as achievements are not specific to the account, but rather to the character.. my alts do not have any achievements (as they haven’t done anything). As a result of this I am missing out on more than one achievement since completing Ebonheart was a requirement for other achievements..

Ultimately I had no way to know I was skipping anything.. I really believe either the requirement for this achievement needs to be lowered by one or the quests need fixed.. I have gone back through the list and all of these are closed to me.. some I did.. such as What Happened at MurkWater.. the NPC even tells me I did the quest (Silent Moss). Its unreasonable to think I should need to re-level a character to do this, and the quest design shouldn’t be such that it forces players into doing so.

So my question to you is when will this be fixed.. this wasn’t a lack of skill on my part.. it was broken bad quest design..

ESO Final Response:

I'm so sorry that my advice didn't help. I'm in the same boat too-- I missed some of the quests and now I cannot get the achievement either. So I agree that it really sucks that the achievement is blocked because of quest order. Right now, I don't have any more information than that the team is aware that a lot of players are unable to get this achievement because of quest blockers.

For now, I suggest that you file a /feedback report-- it's what I've done, too. In the feedback, tell the team what you'd like them to change, be it fixing the quests to make them playable no matter what, changing the wording to let players know that they could possibly be missing quests, or lowering the number of quests required for the achievement. If you know other players who are also stuck because of this, tell them to file feedback reports as well. This is one of the ways the dev team knows what players want, and helps them figure out ways to improve the game.

I know it's not what you want to hear, and I'm sorry that I don't really have any other updates or information. Do keep an eye on the forums and patch notes, since they're updated regularly with known issues and things that the team is working on. Hopefully we'll see some posts addressing the issue in the near future. Until then, all we can suggest is that you move on to other areas, and keep an eye out for any future updates.

Again, I'm really sorry I couldn't be of more help. If there's anything else I can help you with, though, please let me know.

• aleckils
    aleckils
    kirrasha wrote: »
    duf03 wrote: »
    Dutch think you could possibly post where you got random quests if you remember?

Found a random quest: East of camp Crystal Abbatoir, mane of nps is Suriel

FF4.bmp
  • aleckils
    aleckils
    kirrasha wrote: »
    Found another quest I had missed... Down south of Venomous Fens Dolmen, theres a road into the mountains. 1 quest giver there for now.
    "Catch the lightning".

Edit: And its bugged >.<;;
    Edit 2: Nvm, just the quest marker that is bugged...

57/62. Havent found any more, and I've been inside a lot of buildings/dungeons too, yet no new quests becides "Catch the lightning".

img=http://k39.kn3.net/6/F/A/2/6/4/764.bmp
  • Bris
    Bris
    ✭✭✭
    Still plugging through this area myself. I know the area got a little tweak since testing, but I know a lot of my guild mates are running into this issue as well. I know I am definitely not done with only counting 40 something quests between what I have done and what is in my journal.

I did realize that in my wanderings I never went east along the road from the south entrance of the hatching pools. Thre is a guy sitting on a wall along the road there who has a really simple quest to do. Until last night had just randomly moved from one place to another off the beaten path, but in my search for a treasure map and just getting a refresher on the real lay of the land, I found him along with lots of lorebooks and other cool things.

I'll definitely be doing as constructive and detailed feedback of the zone as I can when I get to the end if I do not get 62 and maybe even if I do so they can figure out what pattern is messing things up for this. With the detailed feedback they would then know if they should just simply change the achievement number lower or maybe tweak a quest or two. It's not an entirely simple fix because like all the zones it is a big one and does have an odd way of travel. So give them lots of good details of the paths you took and what you did in the feedback of the game.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also got the message about the Trail of the Skin Stealer/Eyes of the Enemy quests. At least I know now and can quit looking everywhere.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    Support wrote:
    I am Rin, fellow Ebonheart warrior and here to assist you with your missing Shadowfen quests.
    Fortunately, there are the veteran ranks, so you can always get the achievement the next time you play through the Ebonheart line.
    It really bothers me when support says things like this. It just confirms that they don't know their own game. Veteran ranks let you play through the other two factions, not your own again. And achievements are tied to the character, not the account, so you can't just get it with another character. (Nor should you need to either.)

And why should we need to use /feedback? So we can get ignored there as well? Are they saying they don't respond to bug reports in the forums? I guess the forums are just a place for the players to rant, be pacified by admins when the mob starts rampaging, but otherwise get ignored.

Here's what I want to know? Why is so hard to see the obvious and change the requirement from 62 to 58? At best you'll need to also write a script to update achievements, but this should be trivial as well. You have a bug that is infuriating a HUGE portion of your player base, has a very easy fix, yet for some reason you keep doing nothing about it. What's wrong with this picture?!
  • mrwilson714_ESO
    mrwilson714_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am at 61/62. I'm pretty sure I am missing the quest to go to the pirates as I found them while exploring.
  • KraidenDove
    KraidenDove
    ✭✭
    (begins to beat head against a wall)

It is may 1st and this still isn't fixed yet. If this isn't fixed in the next patch, people are going to start laying it on them. I don't want to pay a sub fee and have a ticket that has gone unanswered for over a month.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On the Reddit AMA, it was announced that a retroactive fix for the Shadowfen Quests achievement (and others) is included in the 1.1 Craglorn patch.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    On the Reddit AMA, it was announced that a retroactive fix for the Shadowfen Quests achievement (and others) is included in the 1.1 Craglorn patch.
    I don't suppose you have a link for it do you?
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sadae wrote: »
    I don't suppose you have a link for it do you?

Here is the statement from Rich Lambert of ZOS:

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/24h8dv/welcome_to_the_zos_aua/ch734as

Here is the question:
    When can we expect a fix for bugged quest achievements (aka Shadowfen 61/62 Achieve) as we've been told that it's being looked into on the official forums a long time ago.

Here is the verbatim answer from Rich Lambert of ZOS:
    The quest achievement bugs should be fixed when the Craglorn patch goes live. (and retroactively updated to all characters that should have earned them before them)
    Edited by LonePirate on May 1, 2014 10:56PM
  • KraidenDove
    KraidenDove
    ✭✭
    ....(explosions and cheers go up from every veteran level player in tamriel that has spent their last month fighting this issue)

FINALLY AN ANSWER THAT IS CONCERTE!

Woot!!!

Wait...could be another few weeks before update. (smaller woot...but still woot)
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    @‌LonePirate - Thanks!

There will be a lot of WOOTing if this happens for sure lol. I'm always just so afraid of half fixes that don't resolve everything. All we can do is wait and see, and hope for the best.

Also, why don't they post this information in the forums? These are the official forums aren't they? Why let us go on complaining and raging in this thread if they know they have a fix coming?
  • IceDragon79
    IceDragon79
    ✭✭
    Here is the verbatim answer from Rich Lambert of ZOS:
    The quest achievement bugs should be fixed when the Craglorn patch goes live. (and retroactively updated to all characters that should have earned them before them)

I wonder if this will also fix the bugged achievements for Eastmarch?
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Sadae‌

It's funny you asked why they don't post that info on these forums. During the AMA, I asked why there is not more interaction with players on these forums and I received a response that was pretty much a "we have more important things to do" type of response. I guess interacting with and helping paying customers is not a priority around here. You would think there would be someone employed full-time whose sole responsibility was to monitor these forums and communicate with players in order to help them and foster goodwill between ZOS and their customers. I guess not.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/24h8dv/welcome_to_the_zos_aua/ch74l2w

My question:
    Why isn't there more interaction with players on the official forums, such as offering help for common problems, answering common questions, explaining why certain decisions are made, providing helpful hints, acknowledging feedback and inquiries, hosting AMA sessions there, etc?

The response from @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :
    We respond as much as we're able, between creating all the content that goes up on elderscrollsonline.com, our social media channels, and making sure issues and feedback get to the dev team. Could we do more? Always, and we do strive to. One of the easiest ways to see where we're posting is to check the dev tracker: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/tracker
    Edited by LonePirate on May 2, 2014 1:15AM
  • Koryth
    Koryth
    I contacted support since I had 59/62 quests done and they gave me a list of quests I was missing. First one was "The Swamp Embrace" which I was able to complete in the E side of inner Lorelai. The others that I am missing and I cannot find are:

- Bound to the bog
    - Children of the hist
    - Eyes of the enemy
    - Hushed whispers
    - What happened at murkwater.

If anyone could give me any information regarding these quests I will sincerely appreciate it. Not sure if all of them are impossible to complete now or not. 60/62 now .. just 2 more I need.
  • MortTholar
    I was stuck at 60/62 and was going bonkers.

After a lot of hurblurfing in my guilds chat and a lot of google fu I managed to find 2 quests that I had overlooked and are mentioned in this thread. It was the flash quest in the south and the quest with the flown slave in the southeast.

Here's a pic with my rough route through Shadowfen (in red) and the 2 quests that I hadn't noticed (in yellow):

8ZF5BuP.jpg

Thanks to all the helpful posts.

Edited by MortTholar on May 2, 2014 2:10PM
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got it today after being on 58/62.I know most were mentioned but the ones I was missing were:
    - One in Loriasel (West of Map), I only did the right part of the dungeon, I was missing the one on the left.
    - Gas quest, just South of the Hatching Pool Wayshrine, in the middle of the map
    - Deep Graves new quest popped up, south of the map
    - The Wamasu lightningt harvesting at the South West part of the map at the bridge.

And I did use intimidate in the mercenary quest.
    Edited by Csub on May 2, 2014 8:29PM
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • berit
    berit
    MortTholar wrote: »
    I was stuck at 60/62 and was going bonkers.

After a lot of hurblurfing in my guilds chat and a lot of google fu I managed to find 2 quests that I had overlooked and are mentioned in this thread. It was the flash quest in the south and the quest with the flown slave in the southeast.

Here's a pic with my rough route through Shadowfen (in red) and the 2 quests that I hadn't noticed (in yellow):

8ZF5BuP.jpg

Thanks to all the helpful posts.

how do you get to the one in the southwest? there's a gate blocking my way at the top of the path, just south of the npc at the south end of the bridge.
    Vokundein
    Berit - Ebonheart Pact - Oathsworn
  • stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    *** great a fix with Craglorn patch.. so the million$ question is how many more *** weeks we have to wait for our title? Thats too long.

Cancelled.
  • Crimsonraziel
    *** great a fix with Craglorn patch.. so the million$ question is how many more *** weeks we have to wait for our title? Thats too long.

Cancelled.

Mother of lol.

• GAULSTON7
    GAULSTON7
    ✭✭
    "Hushed Whispers" is also blocked because you completed the quest "Back-Alley Murders."

WTH?... to clarify...is Hushed Whispers an Ebonheart Pact Shadowfens quest or not?...Back-Alley Murders is a Daggerfall Glenumbra quest correct? Pretty sure there is no Back-Alley Murders quest in Shadowfens or for Ebonheart at all...starting to wonder if there is even a Hushed Whispers quest at all in Shadowfens...maybe a clerical error & esohead got it wrong?

It'd be nice see a list of quest titles in the Journal Achievements similar to how Skyshards are listed before and after completion...showing us 61/62 is unsat.

Edited by GAULSTON7 on May 5, 2014 5:57AM
  • Nick_Klaus
    New patch notes out. Still no fix for this. :(
  • stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its asham too i had such hope for this game and matt firor but obviously his mishandling of daoc:toa was a precursor rather than an anomally.
    Edited by stungateb14_ESO on May 5, 2014 6:10PM
  • KraidenDove
    KraidenDove
    ✭✭
    Here is the fun part boys and girls. It isn't just the Pact. Just completed the DFC area, last bloody area lists 53 quests, only around 46 accounted for by all means and manners on their side. So don't get your hopes up on doing tamriel hero before 1.1.
  • Smurfalot
    Smurfalot
    Soul Shriven
    Out of 64 possible quests, I know for sure 2 of them are bugged/broken.

I never picked up this quest in DESHAAN because the quest giver is located outside the west entrance of Mournhold in the most stupid, out-of-the-way place that you will never walk through again by the time you have completed the zone. Thanks Devs.
    http://elderscrollsonline.info/quests/onward-to-shadowfen

Then the Mercenary quest in Stormhold is bugged which breaks the follow on quest:
    http://elderscrollsonline.info/quests/bound-to-the-bog

Still, there should be 62 quests available for me. I have already done Arx, and all of the quest hubs, dungeons (yes even the 2 everyone misses in Loriasel), and double checked under the Deep Graves area, and found the slave girl in the swamp east of Camp Crystal Abattoir, and did the Poison Gas thing south of hatching grounds wayshrine, and the guy lightning guy way across the south bridge in the middle of nowhere.

Somewhere, in this god forsaken ***-hole, there is another quest. Please help me find the one I am missing.

Edit: Having gone through the entire list of quests, it is possible that the bread crumb quest broke because I seem to recall doing Hissmir before Murkwater:
    http://elderscrollsonline.info/quests/what-happened-at-murkwater

Apparently the intended flow was for me to walk right past Hissmir and do Murkwater at the very, very bottom part of the map before backtracking up to Hissmir?
    Edited by Smurfalot on May 6, 2014 1:19PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with these bread crumb quests is the placement of the initial quest giver. As soon as you complete an area, the new bread crumb quest that takes you to the next area should appear immediately and in the same general area as the recently completed quest. Put a new NPC beside the previous quest ending NPC or make that quest ending NPC the next quest giver.

If you complete a quest chain and then you are expected to go from point A to point C while ignoring point B which lies between them, then that is poor game design.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    We have a new forum feature that allows you to jump between staff posts, as well as an icon that appears on threads with staff posts. The latter isn't retroactive yet, unless a staff member posts in a thread - which is the purpose of this post.

There have been several threads on this topic, and we want everyone to know that we are aware of the concerns, and have escalated this to the appropriate people.

No fix released yet and nothing regarding the issue in any incoming patches. Can we please get this fixed for once and for all. I'm missing one quest only since almost 2 weeks ago for the Pact Hero title and I have been coming back to Shadowfen every few days to see if anything changed without success. Please spend 20 minutes and change the requirements to 60 quests for the area until you can allow more time into this matter, thank you.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • delta9preeb18_ESO
    please fix this!

I have been over the entire map a few times, checked for breadcrumb quests and i am also one of those people stuck at 61/62
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    You have 10 times told that the problem will be fixed in a patch with Kraglornom led developer reference to the word about it. What do not you understand this? Or from what you write here your very important post will fix faster? Developers can release a patch soon, but then you do - that you will scream here about raw patch because you can not wait.