Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Data size of current patch? 4/2/2014

Lefthandedape
Lefthandedape
✭✭
It started at around 750mb. I'm at 400mb remaining and it says 7%. Does anyone know what the total size will be? I'm using 4G with a data limit that has overage charges, because I live in the forest. It's where apes belong...
Edited by Lefthandedape on April 2, 2014 7:00PM
  • carstedes
    carstedes
    The patch should be around 700mb the progress bar includes install, so it's a little off.

In a side note, how did you download the game in the first place, just curious.
  • idgamerd
    idgamerd
    I was wondering the same thing; just finished the 750mb file at 20%; just jumped to 25% but still downloading things; I am guessing its gotta be somewhere around 1.5-2 GB; I suggest you drive out of the forest and go to staples or some internet cafe.

UPDATE: 5 minutes later jumped to 52% i guess the progress bar really is way off but its not installing (still downloading some smaller files). if I had to guess now I would say its around 750mb - 1GB in size.
    Edited by idgamerd on April 2, 2014 7:04PM
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I've seen with previous downloads, the progress bar is completely messed up. With the beta patches it said something like 13% right up until it finished.
  • carstedes
    carstedes
    Melian wrote: »
    From what I've seen with previous downloads, the progress bar is completely messed up. With the beta patches it said something like 13% right up until it finished.

The percentage shown on the progress bar (as well as the download speed) includes the install. So you first have to download the patch, then install it and then the progress bar will show complete for downloading. Yeah, I know it's a little weird.

• circilion
    circilion
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, I have overage where I am at as well. after the 4gigabits that came with the first release patch I gotta be cutting it close now lol.

Why did I buy a house in the boonies!! Had I only known it would impact my gaming I woulda stuffed my family into a 2 bedroom condo!!@!!!

XD
    >:)
  • Lefthandedape
    Lefthandedape
    ✭✭
    I used a spare laptop at work to download the game. Then transferred the installed game to an external hard drive. At home, I downloaded just the launcher(this is necessary to obtain the proper registry keys), then stopped the game download. Then I transferred the downloaded game from my external to my SSD. Worked like a charm. I haven't learned of a way to isolate the patched data, to prevent having to transfer the entire game each time. Manual patch downloads would be ideal for me. Ok, the patch is done. It's hard to say exactly what the file size was. My estimation is about 800mb. Thanks for your help everyone.