Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Divine Favor - bug

KhadgarPL
KhadgarPL
Hey, guess what - there is another bugged quest. Seriously, this has to be some kind of prank.

On the divine favor quest in the temple you need to light up two fires. Well, the one on the left won't light up. There's no quest marker and you can't activate it. The other one works just fine. As far as I know the problem appears for other people as well.

• Esrai
    Esrai
    Yeah i tried relogging and got at least one of them lit up but the last one still remains bugged :/
    Willkommen Dämmerung die du einleitest die Dunkle Nacht.
    Verbreitend, deinen Charme.
    Umhüllst ein Jeden in diesem;
    Dunkelheit.
    In deiner Vollkommenheit sehe ich deine Seele,
    sehe ich dein Sein.
    Lichtlosigkeit die in mich eindringt;
    herrschend,
    schützend,
    erdrückend,
    sanft.
    Willkommen dunkle Nacht, ich akzeptiere dich.
    Options
  • Crimson
    Crimson
    I am getting this problem
    Options
  • dEvilSCZ
    dEvilSCZ
    same here...
    Options
  • KhadgarPL
    KhadgarPL
    it fixed for me after the yesterday's maintenance
    Options
  • dEvilSCZ
    dEvilSCZ
    again bugged .... i can´t call to fight with Captain Faryon.... (version 1.0.1)
    Options
  • Sevatar
    Sevatar
    ✭✭
    Exact same problem here.
    Options
  • stonegod
    stonegod
    Soul Shriven
    Bugged for me; relogging twice didn't fix
    Options
  • stonegod
    stonegod
    Soul Shriven
    On a second try, I abandoned the quest, relogged, then went after the eastern one first. That did it for me.
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logged out twice today, abandoned it and a redo and still no go. The one on the right works but the one on the left is already blue like it has been activated, but the spirit does not appear.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
  • Emmeraldasb14_ESO
    The forums say this is a known bug from like 2 months ago? Not good. I do not find logging in and out repeatedly to be any acceptable solution. A short term work around maybe but it is NOT a solution. Please fix?
    Options
  • gdawg311b14_ESO
    120 quest completed and this is the first one ive come across that has been bugged for me.. seriously not reason to get so mad lol, this is one of the smoothest if not THE smoothest launches in the last 15 years of the genre
    Options
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    same bug to me. but it's okay, the game is so smooth compared to other mmo's (& its amazingly awesome in all aspects). i will just go to other quests first and leave that quest, anyway i can visit again that quest and hope they've fixed it already. the main story quest has no problem though. ^^
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
    Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
    Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
    youtube channel: tagaparti
    Options
  • MorganDrake88
    Yup, bugged for me too. I lit the first fire and fought the spirit, then went for the second one and found it already lit (blue flame). The quest marker is there, but I can't activate the flame. Something similar happened to me with the Desperate Souls quest (kill Fatestealer, still waiting to complete that, hoping for a patch). Only difference is, with Fatestealer's stone I had the option of actually activating the stone but nothing happened, while the fire simply has no activating option.
    Options
  • Keeliaine
    Keeliaine
    Still bugged as of 4/6...grr...
    Options
  • a.rose01b16_ESO
    Defeat Captain Faryon Fire is bugged still, this is now the third quest that is still bugged, any eta on fix please.
    Options
  • MASTERbomber26
    Same here. Beat CPT Nerathren, but cant scatter ashes on fire to fight CPT Faryon. Been bugged for 4 days at least and no fix.
    Options
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, can't fight Faryon.
    Options
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    I know that with the rush of new people they didn't want to do maintenance on the 6th but I think it would have helped a lot. This quest and a few others around the game need the reboot to shake them free.
    Options
  • MorganDrake88
    It's a bit disappointing because when you go on in the game and then you complete this kind of bugged quests later on, you get very little experience. Like, I'm now LVL 16 and the quest Desperate Souls is marked as level 7. Couldn't complete it because of a bug.
    Options
  • Jix
    Jix
    Still broken as of this morning 4/7.
    Options
  • gtclm67b16_ESO
    gtclm67b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Still broken : logging off / switching character / abandoning quest [...] doesn't fix it.
    Options
  • MorganDrake88
    Servers will be down for maintenance in 5 minutes. Hopefully they will fix this quest and the other one.
    Options
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Servers will be down for maintenance in 5 minutes. Hopefully they will fix this quest and the other one.

Sadly, it's not mentioned in the patch notes:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/71736/patch-notes-v1-0-2

Perhaps the fact that the server is being restarted might have the desired effect. Who knows.
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
    Options
  • MorganDrake88

Sadly, it's not mentioned in the patch notes:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/71736/patch-notes-v1-0-2

Perhaps the fact that the server is being restarted might have the desired effect. Who knows.

Well, at least the other bugged quest I was referring to (desperate souls) is mentioned in the patch notes. Let's hope for good.

Options
  • MorganDrake88
    Ok, last update concerning this matter: this quest (as the other one, "Desperate Souls"), HAS BEEN FIXED. I was able to complete it just a minute ago. I'm playing in the EU megaserver, so the last patch did the trick (even if this quest is not mentioned in the patch notes). They did a good job. :smile:
    Options
  • Koolaider
    Koolaider
    Still bugged after 1.0.2 patch.
    Options
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    It has been fixed though... I observed it is possible for a player to lock it out in a local instance/phase. First time tonight I came to it and the fire was burning blue and some idiot was standing on top of the fire apparently preventing it from doing the proper phasing/reset thing. I had to do the logout and wait 90 - 120 seconds thing before logging back in to force a different instance/phase. That one worked perfectly.
    Options
  • jmkilthau
    jmkilthau
    ✭✭
    Alyrn_Grey wrote: »
    I had to do the logout and wait 90 - 120 seconds thing before logging back in to force a different instance/phase. That one worked perfectly.

What does this mean exactly? I see it talked about a lot. I thought we were all on a megaserver, so how do you get different instances of the world then?

Options
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    They do a thing where yes we are all on one mega server but there are multiple copies of areas when more than a certain number of players are in that area. The game spawns a new copy and players are spread across these phantom instances.

Think of it like this. If you are standing in say the city of Ebonheart there is a hard limit of say 100 or maybe 200 players in the city and it will spawn a new copy so that players entering the area go to that second copy instead of the one you are in. The more players present the more copies.

So just loging out and back in will usually result in you simply going back into the same instance but if you wait about 2 minutes you often log back into a different instance than the one you where in and its a handy trick to get away from annoying people, or to allow you to try and bypass a stuck quest.
    Options
  • Cinderous
    Cinderous
    Still bugged, logging in and out didnt work, bunch of people waiting by this fire for the quest too.
    Options