Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

- School daze -

cubansyrusb16_ESO
cubansyrusb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Please change the riddle of the pond part or make it player only, have you ever tried to control 30 players that either don't speak English or just ramdomly press stuff ?

This has to be player only or this quest will never be done unless people co-operate ....... really it is was not a great idea for everyone to share these type of quests.

The order of the podiums from the book
N — Sun (yellow)
W — Full Moon (red)
E — Star (blue)
S — Crescent (light blue)

A possible fix for some (Work Around).

1. Abandon quest, log out and re-log in
2. Get quest again, speak with Telvas, then..
3. click south pedestal 3 times
4. click east pedestal 2 times
5. click west pedestal once
6. kill croc

EDITS : Corrected error in the order, confirmed this is the order and added a possible work around.

As of 04/05/2014 the work around will get the quest to work, still nothing official on if its bugged or how is it supposed to work.

Something is not right with the quest.

Thanks all who commented
Edited by cubansyrusb16_ESO on May 4, 2014 12:49AM
  • Bollerlotte
    Bollerlotte
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be bugged atm.
    N — Sun (yellow)
    E — Star (blue)
    W — Full Moon (red)
    i'm reading this in that quest obeject book and was in beta the combo.
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be bugged atm.
    N — Sun (yellow)
    E — Star (blue)
    W — Full Moon (red)
    i'm reading this in that quest obeject book and was in beta the combo.

Yeah the order is simple if you read the book, getting other people to stop touching the stands you just changed is another, some people aren't just touching them right and following no they are touching them and running to random stands hoping to click the order at random.
  • imilkyourface
    I just attempted this quest. I managed to get the people around me to not touch anything. Once i got the pattern right. It reset them all to suns. I'd haft to say this quest is bugged.
  • polniackovb16_ESO
    polniackovb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same here... another buggy quest !
  • Tai
    Tai
    ✭✭
    It works. I rushed there after yesterday manteinance and managed to finish it (only two players there in that moment). But with more players there is a total mess. It needs to be reworked.
  • modaretto
    modaretto
    ✭✭✭
    I just attempted this quest. I managed to get the people around me to not touch anything. Once i got the pattern right. It reset them all to suns. I'd haft to say this quest is bugged.

yeah we managed to keep people still as well and nothing happened after setting those spheres :/ the order was as it should from the book
    Watches-the-wind (Templar healer) / PC EU

Dragon's Crest
  • Intrilo
    Intrilo
    ✭✭
    yup, it's bugged!
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This wasn't started about it not working because of a bug, but more because quest like this just cant happen with 30 players all with different opinions on who and when someone should do the rotation/order.

Its like politics, everyone wants to be "the guy" and no matter what, someone will always do what they want and mess it up.
  • Tai
    Tai
    ✭✭
    This wasn't started about it not working because of a bug, but more because quest like this just cant happen with 30 players all with different opinions on who and when someone should do the rotation/order.

Its like politics, everyone wants to be "the guy" and no matter what, someone will always do what they want and mess it up.

Agreed. There should be no quest like this. They just trigger the bottleneck effect (30 players on it and more coming every minute).
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    this quest is annoying.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is annoying. I gave up, tabbed out and waited for someone else to finish it.
  • MalaVrazica
    MalaVrazica
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm gonna kill myself doing this quest... Awful design... You don't let people that are in group do gathering quest together but you let complete strangers (idiots) to block you from completing this
  • desdecardo
    I agree. Change the puzzle so that it is character specific or change the objects so that the puzzle doesnt exist. Its too difficult to get everyone to not touch anything or to listen or to read their quest item in their inventory. Its frustrating.
  • Guden172
    Guden172
    Same here seems like the quest is bugged :(
  • Winterstrife
    Winterstrife
    ✭✭✭
    Just completed the quest, strangely enough I didn't even talk to the NPC to start the riddle part of the quest & I got the credit for it & no I wasn't in a party.
    "Three voices as one shouted BLOOD FOR THE PACT!" - Three Hearts As One by Malukah
    S'trife | VR14 | Khajiit Nightblade | Ebonheart Pact
  • khemist92eb17_ESO
    Yeah, It's bugged at the moment, but the biggest flaw if this quest is that it's not instanced :) Hope they will fix this in the future!
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    My problem was that there WASN'T even a book.. but now I know the riddle, so you have my thanks!
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • dr.frostb16_ESO
    As of today (April 7, early at night) This quest is still easily bugged out, blocking progress with the Academy storyline.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    anyone have any further news on this? Just tried this myself and something is still not right. Is it bugged or are the other players here stuffing up my quest. In other words, should I abandon it or just hope I can come back when nobody is about?
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    anyone have any further news on this? Just tried this myself and something is still not right. Is it bugged or are the other players here stuffing up my quest. In other words, should I abandon it or just hope I can come back when nobody is about?

You can leave that quest and still get the zone achievement 65/65 quests
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waited until 7:30AM EDT when nobody was around. Kept anyone else from messing the orbs up for me.
  • ijRoberts
    ijRoberts
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. It was very annoying having people running around changing all the symbols when I knew I was getting them right.

So, I just stood around until one fool finally got it right by random chance, the monster appeared, there was a mob rush to kill it, and I got the credit.

That's no way to complete a quest objective.
  • deusAZMODAN
    I read the book. Interpreted the text as if I had to push the orbs in a certain order. After that didnt worked, I noticed that there are different symbols on each pillar. But now the book was gone and I couldnt re-read it to check for the correct solution.

So my thanks for posting it here.
  • atwon23
    atwon23
    ✭✭✭
    not working for me
  • LeeSinz
    LeeSinz
    Soul Shriven
    bye
    Edited by LeeSinz on September 8, 2016 10:03PM
  • Jix
    Jix
    Still bugged as of 10 April.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged as of 10 April.

It did actually work for me after a bit btw. I don't think it's so much bugged as poor design.
  • Liedeke
    Liedeke
    ✭✭✭
    But now the book was gone and I couldnt re-read it to check for the correct solution.

The book isn't gone, it's in your inventory by the quest items. You can still read it. :)

• Liedeke
    Liedeke
    ✭✭✭
    Also had this problem, when I finally convinced people to either not butt in or actually read the book some new person arrived who pushed every sphere in a random order...

And when I did get the right order nothing happened. Seems bugged to me.
    Edited by Liedeke on April 10, 2014 7:28PM
  • randomaffliction66
    randomaffliction66
    ✭✭✭
    This quest is still bugged come one zos fix it. Also I'm in veteran content, if that helps any
    Edited by randomaffliction66 on April 11, 2014 11:32AM
    Brave New World.