The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible to craft the light armor jerkins instead of robes?

• dc1509
    dc1509
    ✭✭
    I'm for the jerkins idea, by the way

totally agree that we should be able to craft every single style introduced in game (learned through motifs or any other means)
    truth is born in disputes
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they allow us to craft them. Every time I get one from drop, I'm tempted to improve it instead of creating a robe. What is the purpose of having pants if we cannot see them?
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD_Douglas wrote: »
    Really it feels like my guy is Bruce Cambell playing in some B Class Movie. Running about in a Bathrobe smiting foe's with my glowy stick of Sunburn, all to of course "Save the World", since I'm obviously "The Choosen One", nevermind the thousands of others running about being told the same by the quest NPC's.

Saw someone joking on one of these forums that maybe The Prophet has dementia. He keeps forgetting that he already picked a chosen one.

• OutlandishMachine
    I totally agree with everybody here. I hate the dress style of light armor and desperately want them to add the tunic/jerkin style to the game. I remember very well in WoW how stupid it looked to wear a robe constantly.
    Edited by OutlandishMachine on June 21, 2014 1:12AM
    Every cyclone derives its power from a calm centre. So too does a Nimbus Monk.
  • ronparker
    ronparker
    Soul Shriven
    I found this thread on a search engine while looking if it is already possible to craft jerkins/shirts under light armor. Seems not to be possible, but I'd also sign a petition to get this in the game for crafters.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ronparker wrote: »
    I found this thread on a search engine while looking if it is already possible to craft jerkins/shirts under light armor. Seems not to be possible, but I'd also sign a petition to get this in the game for crafters.

It's being introduced, Zos have said we will be able to craft Jerkins for light armour, it's just not here just yet.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id be on the bandwagon too... shirts and and breeches from fabric ressources. Robes are cool. But not everyone plays mage. And I want to stroll around without skirts.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's supposed to be part of the patch that they had planned to put in today, but which has been delayed.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    qsr1j8.jpg
    xljqea.jpg
    By me

mcf4ex.png
    By @‌ Aeradon

nRMC3ds.png
    iJxZCkp.png
    3RcQU1G.png
    0syYHbW.png
    By @ crislevin
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • DocStockman
    DocStockman
    ✭✭
    The problem I have right now, is I can craft a light jerkin, but for some reason, if I equip Daedric light pants, it reverts to a robe look. Not sure if it's just the Daedric style or what.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem I have right now, is I can craft a light jerkin, but for some reason, if I equip Daedric light pants, it reverts to a robe look. Not sure if it's just the Daedric style or what.

Yes it is I'm afraid, the Deadric trousers are in fact a skirt, but if you can find trousers from another style, and wait until dyes come in, then it might not be so bad.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • FoxyKitten
    FoxyKitten
    ✭✭
    OMG! Why do people comment about things they are clueless about? The new update allows you to craft Jerkins for light armor. Read the update notes. Also allows you to pick up worthless gear on the ground in the world with no value and pathetic deconstruct value so why bother creating that to begin with? Stupid is as stupid does.
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    FoxyKitten wrote: »
    OMG! Why do people comment about things they are clueless about? The new update allows you to craft Jerkins for light armor. Read the update notes. Also allows you to pick up worthless gear on the ground in the world with no value and pathetic deconstruct value so why bother creating that to begin with? Stupid is as stupid does.

OMG, why do people not check the date a post was submitted before they complain about people not knowing things that were added months after they posted.

Achievements Suck
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    I HAVE PANTS!
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bzq3qx39.jpg
    By XmovingTarget
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FoxyKitten wrote: »
    Yeah @FoxyKitten, the guy who posted this question on MARCH 30TH really should have just used a time machine to travel forward in time 3 months to June 23rd so he could read the update notes! There's no excuse for being so clueless! Stupid is as stupid does.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's your sign...

I don't get the 0 value weapons either, I have it set to junk them automatically, not sure what that addition was in response to.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com