The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game pad controls

• LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    So Moonraker, would you say that using the macro support that both Razer and SteelSeries offer is going against the TOS?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    LavaDrop wrote: »
    So Moonraker, would you say that using the macro support that both Razer and SteelSeries offer is going against the TOS?
    Only ZOS could give a definitive answer to that and I can't see anything directly related to that having been posted. They have confirmed that an.exe used to improve the look of the game is OK. But I suspect they would take it all on a case for case basis.

There is an existing thread on this in Customer Support section where they are more likely to reply with a response.

I would make a ticket and pose the question directly.
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    LOL, I just read that thread; people got banned from SWTOR for using macros with the official keyboard made by Razer. That is just ridiculous.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    LavaDrop wrote: »
    LOL, I just read that thread; people got banned from SWTOR for using macros with the official keyboard made by Razer. That is just ridiculous.
    There you go ;) The point is, until something is officially posted on this then it's better to presume not.
  • C00ki3
    C00ki3
    Soul Shriven
    firebatm wrote: »
    For those of you using a MAC, I have used controller mate with some success, though it is not super user friendly... More recently I have a found a $5 App called Joystick Mapper, very easy to use. I am using a Logitech F710.

I bought Joystick Mapper from the Mac App Store and have mapped numerous controls to my Xbox 360 Wired Gamepad. However, I am having certain unresponsive controls with Joystick Mapper and Xbox 360 wired gamepad.

For instance, I mapped the right trigger to the left mouse button as the attack button, as you might expect. However, sometimes my character will continue to swing wildly long after I have stopped an attack. To get it to stop, I have to press Esc and then return.

Since the left mouse button is also the way to select a choice and dialogue, I try to use it for that purpose with the right trigger. It is very hit or miss in registering.

While I have joystick mapper running, I cannot use my actual mouse very effectively to select dialog choices with the left mouse button either. It has the same problems. But if joystick mapper is not functioning, the mouse controls work fine.

I would be very interested if someone who is using joystick mapper could share their profile and I could test it out. Has anyone else had problems like these?

I can't possibly fathom controller mate. I have given it a try and it makes my head hurt.
  • C00ki3
    C00ki3
    Soul Shriven
    In case anyone's interested, this is what I have so far preset-wise using Joystick mapper with a Steel Series Controller on a Mac.

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS! USE at YOUR OWN RISK in ESO...

HOW TO USE:

- Open up joystick mapper and press command-O( the letter O).
    - This will open up a list of preset files in the finder. Create a new text file( name it whatever you want) and paste the code below into it( don't include the asterisk lines):
    {
    "name": "ESO",
    "tag": "ESO",
    "joysticks": [
    {
    "tag": "ESO - Steel Series - ",
    "binds": {
    "axi 3 -": [
    "mou 0 - 15"
    ],
    "axi 3 +": [
    "mou 0 + 15"
    ],
    "axi 2 -": [
    "mou 1 - 15"
    ],
    "axi 2 +": [
    "mou 1 + 14"
    ],
    "axi 1 -": [
    "key 26"
    ],
    "axi 0 -": [
    "key 4"
    ],
    "axi 1 +": [
    "key 22"
    ],
    "axi 0 +": [
    "key 7"
    ],
    "btn 5": [
    "mbt 0"
    ],
    "btn 7": [
    "mbt 1"
    ],
    "btn 0": [
    "key 44"
    ],
    "btn 2": [
    "key 8"
    ],
    "btn 9": [
    "key 12"
    ],
    "btn 1": [
    "key 226"
    ],
    "btn 8": [
    "key 41"
    ],
    "btn 10": [
    "key 225"
    ]
    }
    }
    ]
    }

- Save it in the presets folder and close the text editor.
    - Close the finder window.
    - Inside joystick mapper, press command-R to reload the preset list.
    - You will see a new entry called "ESO". Highlight it and click the wrench icon. you will see all the bindings, which I have tested and they work in ESO with the steel series controller.
    - Add whatever bindings you want to it and test it out!It's pretty easy, just add a new bind, click the "scan" button and press something, then map it to whatever you want the button to be.

I hope this helps out anyone using joystick mapper. It's been working okay for me so far, however i'm not real happy with this steel series controller.

If you have any mods to this file that work, please post the code and share as you wish.

I am using Joystick Mapper as well, but with an Xbox 360 Wired Gamepad. However, I am having certain unresponsive controls. For instance, I mapped the right trigger to the left mouse button as the attack button, as you might expect. However, sometimes my character will continue to swing wildly long after I have stopped an attack. To get it to stop, I have to press Esc and then return.

Since the left mouse button is also the way to select a choice in dialogue, I often try to use it for that purpose with the right trigger. It is very hit or miss in registering. You press it once and no response. You can even wait several seconds and nothing happens. Do it a few more times and it finally registers. Maybe the multiple presses are why once the dialogue is over, the character swings wildly.

While I have joystick mapper running, I cannot use my actual mouse very effectively to select dialog choices with the left mouse button either. It has the same problems. But if joystick mapper is not functioning, the mouse controls work fine.

Your profile is very similar to mine, so I don't see why I'm having these problems. Here is the code for my profile:

{
    "name": "Elder Scrolls Online (XBox 360)",
    "tag": "No tag",
    "joysticks": [
    {
    "tag": "Write here a tag to identify anything you want",
    "binds": {
    "axi 4 -": [
    "mou 1 - 11"
    ],
    "axi 3 +": [
    "mou 0 + 15"
    ],
    "axi 4 +": [
    "mou 1 + 10"
    ],
    "axi 3 -": [
    "mou 0 - 15"
    ],
    "axi 0 -": [
    "key 4"
    ],
    "axi 0 +": [
    "key 7"
    ],
    "axi 1 -": [
    "key 26"
    ],
    "axi 1 +": [
    "key 22"
    ],
    "axi 5 -": [
    "mbt 0"
    ],
    "axi 2 -": [
    "mbt 1"
    ],
    "btn 15": [
    "key 225"
    ],
    "btn 13": [
    "key 33"
    ],
    "btn 6": [
    "key 224"
    ],
    "btn 9": [
    "key 16"
    ],
    "btn 4": [
    "key 225"
    ],
    "btn 3": [
    "key 44"
    ],
    "btn 8": [
    "key 41"
    ],
    "btn 0": [
    "key 8"
    ],
    "btn 2": [
    "key 29"
    ],
    "btn 5": [
    "key 21"
    ],
    "btn 1": [
    "key 11"
    ],
    "btn 7": [
    "key 25"
    ],
    "btn 10": [
    "key 6"
    ],
    "btn 11": [
    "key 30"
    ],
    "btn 14": [
    "key 31"
    ],
    "btn 12": [
    "key 32"
    ]
    }
    }
    ]
    }

As stated above, to use this you can paste this into a txt file and place it in the presets folder without the asterisks.
  • C00ki3
    C00ki3
    Soul Shriven
    Well, I'm kind of embarrassed. There was an easy fix to my problem with Joystick Mapper. It was this issue, which is discussed in their FAQ:

"When I map the Xbox 360 triggers, it fires when I release the button, and keeps firing util I press it down, I want it to fire only when I push it DOWN.
    Check if the input says "Axis #N -", change the Minus for Plus, it should work."

I suppose since I had it reversed, it was just creating odd behavior.
  • rodney418
    rodney418
    Here's my Joystick Mapper settings file for the 360 controller. It's based almost exactly on the XBox One console version controls. Seems to work great so far, but feedback welcome.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, does anyone have a good profile I can download for a PS3 or PS4 controller for Mac ControllerMate?

Or possibly point me in the direction of one?