Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Known Issue: Unable to Zoom into Character's Face during Creation

• Persephone
    Persephone
    Soul Shriven
    @christopher_ESO

Just do not redeem the bonuses. Redeeming means pressing E to get attachments from the mail you received announcing your bonuses.

If you already redeemed them, you'll have to take the throwaway character to the bank and deposit the items. The bank is found in the major city you are taken to immediately after successfully completing the Wailing Prison tutorial.

Otherwise, as long as you don't redeem the bonuses, you can delete your throwaway character and redeem them with the next character you make.

Hope that helps! :)
    Edited by Persephone on March 30, 2014 5:28PM
  • Sakuramei
    Sakuramei
    ✭✭
    I have a question... I named my first character the name I want for my main, but due to the zoom issue, I'm not very happy with her and want to remake her.

However, because she has the name I want, I have to delete her... so my question is:
    If I put the items in the bank and then delete her before I create a new character, will the items be lost or still be in the bank?

Edit: Just to add: I have not removed them from my mail if that means I can just remake a character...
    Edited by Sakuramei on March 30, 2014 5:28PM
  • Persephone
    Persephone
    Soul Shriven
    @Sakuramei

As long as you didn't remove the attachments from the mail you should be fine. I deleted my throwaway character earlier (same issue with needing to free up my main character name) without losing my bonuses.

Both the mail and the bank are account-wide and not character-specific. So depositing them or leaving them in the mail should keep them safe.
    Edited by Persephone on March 30, 2014 5:34PM
  • Leeta
    Leeta
    ✭✭✭
    Spruso wrote: »
    Are you seriously that lazy? ANd to all of you complaining, ever game has bugs that were missed the first day. If you think otherwise you're an idiot. My wife created a character with the same issue, but I can zoom now so it definitely works. Hopefully they'll fix the bug soon, though. That said, if the worst thing I run into in day one is a bug with a workaround it will be the least stressful opening day I've ever played.

That's maybe true, but this bug was not in any of the beta patches and it is literally in the first screen you see, not somewhere along the long road to level 50. So it should not have been too difficult to spot it before early access, especially as the "live"patch 1.0 itself was released like 5 days ago.

I completely understand (and even expect) that there will be bugs, but I never encountered a bug in the first screen I see in a game, especially when the CC is one of the features ZMO was / is so proud of.

Nevertheless, thanks for the information about the workaround GinaBruno, but it would be nice if you would put that info in the launcher so other people not visiting the forums also get the information before making a bad impression right from the start.

This bug was in indeed in the betas, I had it and I even reported it :)
  • DrProfVukasin
    I never had this bug in the betas. After logging in and finding I couldn't zoom in on my character's face, I logged out and reset to see if that fixed it.

Edit: Did not. Anyone else have any success for a workaround that doesn't involve making another character that will for intents and purposes be a waste of time?

Edit #2: Yeah, I completely read that wrong. Making a character fixes it.
    Edited by DrProfVukasin on March 30, 2014 6:59PM
  • ittalionstallion
    I've spent hours trying to log in and the system won't let me in. My requests for customer service assistance are now about 8 hours and counting.
  • Charwyn
    Charwyn
    ✭✭
    Wow, this issue (the zooming bug) is fixed for me!

So awesome.

If you're waiting at character creation screen, relog and make it a-new, should work just fine with creation screen reloaded.
  • Allaerra
    Allaerra
    ✭✭✭
    No I think you can just create another character as long as you did not claim your bonuses on the first character.
  • Mojano
    Mojano
    I was thinking that I had this issue in beta, then just as I was about to type that, realised that I had actually experienced it on Oblivion instead of ESO... Ooops.
    :o
    Not all Pre-orders are equal :(
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I was not able to zoom in on face either, but i remembered what effects i made with the sliders when in BETA Trial, so i made a pretty decent looking Imperial as a sample character and besides a big nose, she looks very nice. LOL Anyways, i am glad this means the next character will not have that problem. I did open my bonus items, so i guess that means i must keep this character till I can put her items in the bank for other characters. Since we can have more than one character, can i just keep her as my sample character till i need that slot later, and go ahead and make a new one without deleting her? I will give that a try :)
    STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
    http://storm-cats.weebly.com/
    [Snowsong is using ROG G752VS on NA server.]
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    Did nobody notice it was very dark? I was u able to destinct hair colors in the same range.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Tegan
    Tegan
    Thank you for the temporary fix! I was beginning to think I was the only one with this issue until I stumbled across this thread. :)
  • spartanchick316
    Yeah I have this issue, not even the button works! I'll try making a 'throw away' character.
  • Esteevius
    Esteevius
    ✭✭
    Sorry! Who alpha tested this???
    The Beta tests seemed a bit limited, which does suck. Plus, this bug was not in any of the betas that I was a part of.

- Esteevius
    "Wisdom Comes To Those That Are."
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    snowsong wrote: »
    Yes I was not able to zoom in on face either, but i remembered what effects i made with the sliders when in BETA Trial, so i made a pretty decent looking Imperial as a sample character and besides a big nose, she looks very nice. LOL Anyways, i am glad this means the next character will not have that problem. I did open my bonus items, so i guess that means i must keep this character till I can put her items in the bank for other characters. Since we can have more than one character, can i just keep her as my sample character till i need that slot later, and go ahead and make a new one without deleting her? I will give that a try :)

I tried to go on with my sample Imperial Character because she already had the bonus items and i wanted to get her to a bank to deposit them before making a new character whose face i would be able to zoom in on, without losing my bonus stuff -- However she is still in the tutorial area with the Nord lady and i am stuck inside a rock area and cannot get out. I tried shooting at an atronach i could see through the rocks in the hopes that she would respond by killing me so i could resurrect to a wayshrine to get unstuck -- but the atronach does not respond. I tried reloading the game but i an still stuck in the rocks -- Is there anyway to kill my charcter myself so she can resurrect elsewhere or is there anyway to temporarily turn COLLISION OFF so i can get out of the rocks (which is what i did to escape in other ES games that had console commands). If i do not get my sample character unstuck out of the rocks, then if I make a new character, will I lose my bonus stuff (even if my character is not deleted but is just stuck there) since she cannot get to bank, if already stuck in the rocks. There must be some way to get out? -- when we are stuck in objects or the void?

STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
  • Esteevius
    Esteevius
    ✭✭

I tried to go on with my sample Imperial Character because she already had the bonus items and i wanted to get her to a bank to deposit them before making a new character whose face i would be able to zoom in on, without losing my bonus stuff -- However she is still in the tutorial area with the Nord lady and i am stuck inside a rock area and cannot get out. I tried shooting at an atronach i could see through the rocks in the hopes that she would respond by killing me so i could resurrect to a wayshrine to get unstuck -- but the atronach does not respond. I tried reloading the game but i an still stuck in the rocks -- Is there anyway to kill my charcter myself so she can resurrect elsewhere or is there anyway to temporarily turn COLLISION OFF so i can get out of the rocks (which is what i did to escape in other ES games that had console commands). If i do not get my sample character unstuck out of the rocks, then if I make a new character, will I lose my bonus stuff (even if my character is not deleted but is just stuck there) since she cannot get to bank, if already stuck in the rocks. There must be some way to get out? -- when we are stuck in objects or the void?

Does /stuck or /unstuck kill you?
    - Esteevius
    "Wisdom Comes To Those That Are."
  • malevolentmuse
    This is a huge issue because not everyone is coming to the forums to see this and they are deleting their characters along with all their pre-order items. @Malevolentmuse Laziness isn't the issue....

I agree with you that it's an issue. I was talking about (and to, for that matter) the person who said they couldn't be bothered and wanted a patch immediately as if the developers can pull fixes out of their collective *** on demand. Laziness IS an issue when there's an easy fix and someone refuses to do it because they want someone else to fix it for them first.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on March 31, 2014 2:29PM
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    In previous ES games i could hit ~ tilde key to bring up the console for typing in console commands, but I can not figure out how to do it in ESo. I am unable to bring up anything that will let me type in anything (well except chat of course) so I have no way to type in /unstuck. :'( or /reloadui or anything. Does anybody know how i can toggle collision on and off to get out from being stuck in these rocks?
    STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
  • spartanchick316
    This is a huge issue because not everyone is coming to the forums to see this and they are deleting their characters along with all their pre-order items. @Malevolentmuse Laziness isn't the issue....

I agree with you that it's an issue. I was talking about (and to, for that matter) the person who said they couldn't be bothered and wanted a patch immediately as if the developers can pull fixes out of their collective asses on demand. Laziness IS an issue when there's an easy fix and someone refuses to do it because they want someone else to fix it for them first.

It's a decent sized issue for people who just up and delete their characters yes. It would not be an issue if the said content was delivered to each character created, rather than just the one character who happens to look at the mail and redeem it first.
  • malevolentmuse
    In previous ES games i could hit ~ tilde key to bring up the console for typing in console commands, but I can not figure out how to do it in ESo. I am unable to bring up anything that will let me type in anything (well except chat of course) so I have no way to type in /unstuck. :'( or /reloadui or anything. Does anybody know how i can toggle collision on and off to get out from being stuck in these rocks?

The chat window IS where you type it in. Hitting enter activates the chat box then type / and whatever command you're typing.
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭

The chat window IS where you type it in. Hitting enter activates the chat box then type / and whatever command you're typing.

Ok Thank you! I did try typing it in there and that did not help either, so i thought there must be someplace else to type commands. So i would just start another character now, but i had already opened my bonus items before i found out about the face-zooming bug being fixable with new character, or about people getting and stuck in things and unable to get out -- so i tried to continue with my first character to get to a bank. So now i will lose all my bonus stuff anyway if i cannot get this first Imperial Character unstuck and far enough along to get to a bank. sigh..oh my..i am not complaining...i do not mind working around something for the face-zoom bug ..but i cannot seem to get unstuck out of these rocks...i will keep trying..if anybody else finds an answer that works to get unstuck or toggle collision on/off to get out of these rocks please let us know..if i find an answer that can get me unstuck i will let u know too.

Is there anyway to kill my own character so i can resurrect her to a wayshrine and out of these rocks?

STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭

Ok Thank you! I did try typing it in there and that did not help either, so i thought there must be someplace else to type commands. So i would just start another character now, but i had already opened my bonus items before i found out about the face-zooming bug being fixable with new character, or about people getting and stuck in things and unable to get out -- so i tried to continue with my first character to get to a bank. So now i will lose all my bonus stuff anyway if i cannot get this first Imperial Character unstuck and far enough along to get to a bank. sigh..oh my..i am not complaining...i do not mind working around something for the face-zoom bug ..but i cannot seem to get unstuck out of these rocks...i will keep trying..if anybody else finds an answer that works to get unstuck or toggle collision on/off to get out of these rocks please let us know..if i find an answer that can get me unstuck i will let u know too.

Is there anyway to kill my own character so i can resurrect her to a wayshrine and out of these rocks?

ANSWER: Ok i did it. I was able to kill myself by typing /stuck in the chatbox. I then revived at a Wayshrine. Thank you Everybody. Bless U! :smiley:

STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
  • asparaguschan
    Good to know that if I do not open the mail or the attachments that I won't lose the items, as I purchased the Imperial Edition. I was very surprised at the inability to zoom, as I participated in the betas and never experienced that issue... I hope it is patched soon, as I can imagine how frustrating it is for those who don't explore the forums and who have not played the game before to come across it so early in their access.

I only hope I don't lose my character name in the process! (I'll make a throwaway name at first, but hope my main name I'm wanting isn't taken while I go through with that...)

Edit: So, it fixed it temporarily. But once I saw the issue had been fixed, I went ahead and deleted the throwaway character before creating my new/main one. After deleting it and returning to the new character creation screen, it once again would not allow me to zoom. :confounded: Not gonna lie about how frustrating this is...
    Edited by asparaguschan on March 31, 2014 2:02AM
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    I cant believe this. A huge group of people cant log in and play the game smoothly and you dont acknowledge that as your priority problem? Instead you will try to fix this useless insignificant bug ASAP? MY GOD! Please learn to set your priorities.
  • asparaguschan
    blackwolf7 wrote: »
    I cant believe this. A huge group of people cant log in and play the game smoothly and you dont acknowledge that as your priority problem? Instead you will try to fix this useless insignificant bug ASAP? MY GOD! Please learn to set your priorities.

I'm pretty certain that Zenimax is working hard to fix ALL bugs as quickly as possible. They are prioritising everything; multi-tasking, if you will. All of these things are frustrating, but they are the game makers and they will take care of the issues. Trust in them.
  • MTGraves83
    Ok so I updated the Beta Launcher to the full game and I had 3 issues. No zoom in character creation and no voice sampling. Then I found out about the work around. Tried it, it worked to fix the zoom but not the voice samples. Then once the game loaded into the first area, I had no sound. No noise, sfx, no music nothing.
    So I uninstalled the game with the beta launcher and re-installed everything fresh. No more problems. Hope this helps.
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    Esteevius wrote: »

Does /stuck or /unstuck kill you?

/stuck does kill you, you can try /reloadui first that does not kill you but does a reload of the situation.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Hestia
    Hestia
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get a free makeover scroll? This is ridiculous.
    <Alatreon> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required.

Recruitment Thread & Website
  • bele123
    bele123
    is it possible for existing characters to redesign the facial features? i really don't want to throw away a lvl 10 character.
  • Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭
    running the 'repair' option on my client fixed this issue for me .. may help someone else
This discussion has been closed.