The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

No sound on ESO

• Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    AstroCat wrote: »
    I'm having an issue in that the sound over time starts disappearing. VO, SFX, ambient, music etc... I did not have this problem in beta, or pre-release. Logging out and back in will fix it, temporarily.

Also interestingly the problem only seems to happen during high peak hours. Play in the morning, and it never happens, play at night with lots of people around and it happens.

Totally a game bug and not on my end. Any fixes? Thanks.

Yes this happens to me also. It happens and I have to relog. Seems there no trigger, it just happens when it likes. I have an X-FI Fatality.

same
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    Loxy I've heard other people say those exact same things in zone chat. Like when multiple unique sounds are happening at once. One guy said it happens to him at every dolmen, and he has to re-log also.

• sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get this problem as well, my sound card is the Creative X-FI Titanium HD.
    Edited by sparafucilsarwb17_ESO on May 22, 2014 7:24AM
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the big patch will fix this, there are several general audio fixes listed.
  • Craig81
    Craig81
    Soul Shriven
    Xilc wrote: »
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    AstroCat wrote: »
    I'm having an issue in that the sound over time starts disappearing. VO, SFX, ambient, music etc... I did not have this problem in beta, or pre-release. Logging out and back in will fix it, temporarily.

Also interestingly the problem only seems to happen during high peak hours. Play in the morning, and it never happens, play at night with lots of people around and it happens.

Totally a game bug and not on my end. Any fixes? Thanks.

Yes this happens to me also. It happens and I have to relog. Seems there no trigger, it just happens when it likes. I have an X-FI Fatality.

same
    I get this problem as well, my sound card is the Creative X-FI Titanium HD.

I also have this issue with my soundcard and I've submitted several tickets and the only answer I get is to disable then re-eneble my audio in device manager LOL. The only way to fix this is by switching to your on-board sound. It's pointless asking support for an answer because they don't have a clue.
    Edited by Craig81 on May 23, 2014 2:22AM
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

seems that the sound issue is still there. And least on Mac OS X. Reading this forum I tried several repair options.

What helped me in the end was installing in the directory suggested by Install_ESO.app.

After installation I was able move The Elder Scrolls Online EU, The Elder Scrolls Online.app, The Elder Scrolls Online and launcher.app (Why there is a “launcher” application and a “The Elder Scrolls Online” alias is beyond me).

I have a tower style Mac Pro with three hard-drives and I also tried to copy the application off to another drive with more space. When I did that sound disappeared.

As programmer I wonder how you archive this kind of bug. After all Mac OS X is an UNIX™. Certified even. And an UNIX™ operating system does not have drive letters. It has mount points instead. And mount points are completely transparent to the applications using them. That is: you have to go to some extra length to find out if mount points are used.

Anyway: I hope my posting helps some players to get around that bug. And some developer to find it.

Atlan.
    Edited by Atlan_daGonozal on June 1, 2014 7:18AM
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    I actually have not had this issue (PC WIn7) since the last big update, at least not yet.
  • Hargut
    Hargut
    Soul Shriven
    I still have this issue but i have the preorder client and i just updated the game to play full.
    I login, and what i get ?
    yes, no sound! :'(
    So right now i try to repair it, lets see :disagree:
  • xxcoy
    xxcoy
    Soul Shriven
    Just installed the game after nerve-grinding 2 days of downloading patches and patches and patches for my retail-version (!). Should have just downloaded the whole thing it seems. Got the bug where it starts downloading the game again after it already did install it and needed to repair after stopping it from doing that (20 GB here, 12 GB there, who cares...)
    Lost a *lot* of paid-for game time already because of Bethesda's clever method not to allow activating your game when you *actually are ready to play it* but when you start installing, well-knowing a lot of people will not be able to start playing the same day.

Way to make money without delivering anything in return btw, kudos!

Now I got the sound bug everyone here had - would have thought it to be patched by now considering it was first complained about in the beginning of 2014.
    I'm of course happy to download another 6GB again after hitting repair.
    And I'm pretty sure it will not work after that either.
    Edited by xxcoy on December 14, 2014 5:05PM
    Don't try this at home, we're idiots.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @xxcoy,

If you continue to run into the sound issues after running the repair, please let us know and we'll be happy to continue helping.

For the issues with missed time, we ask that you contact customer support to see if you can be compensated. We can't make any guarantees, but we certainly understand that tech issues can be extremely frustrating.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • xxcoy
    xxcoy
    Soul Shriven
    Got it running after a few more hours of updating, changing windows audio options and switching from English to German and back now. Thank you for your response, Gary.
    Don't try this at home, we're idiots.
  • mottone
    mottone
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, so I've done everything people recommend based on past posts. Such as, repairing all folders. Creating a new UserSettings.txt folder. I Don't know what to do! The sounds works when the game first runs advertising Zenimax etc.. But when I get to the login screen the sound completely stops and continues to not work in-game. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you resolve it? I use a Mac and im also running the game on an external hardrive. My "Elderscrollsonline" folder is in my documents folder on my computer hardrive. I dont know if that has a effect on the sound.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hello @mottone‌ ! Thanks for letting us know you're still having some trouble with this. If you are running Yosemite, we are still waiting for optimal driver sets to be released and updated for the OS to fully support running ESO.

We have had many players report trouble with running ESO on an external hard drive, as sometimes there can be an issue with where various filepaths will point when trying to load things like sound and textures.

While waiting for the most current driver sets to be released, if you have the option we do recommend trying to install ESO to the same native hard drive for optimal performance.

Thank you again!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post