The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No sound on ESO

• LordPokie
    LordPokie
    Noreik wrote: »
    LordPokie wrote: »
    Ok just used the repair client and did not change a thing still no sound.
    It took you 5 minutes to repair the client?! What size download was it and how do I get your internet connection?!

well i got a petty good connection since i dont use cable just stream everything didn't take to long to download the game only like an hour 30 min or something like that
  • LordPokie
    LordPokie
    Ok well idk game crashed now sound works...
  • ramankursk
    ramankursk
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    The repair option is in the launcher. Click the settings icon above the news section and choose repair.

there is not the repair option.

Edited by ramankursk on March 30, 2014 5:54PM
    Торговая гильдия Sunshine Traders в игре The Elder Scrolls Online в соцсети ВКонтакте: VK.com/sunshinetraders,
    а также наша гильдия в соцсети Одноклассники: OK.ru/group/61420550881534 и
    в социальной сети Facebook: Facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnlineSunshineTraders
    Стань с нами богаче!
    Чтобы вступить в гильдию, пишите о желании на логин @ramankursk
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    Heh and I thought it was just me..beta testing 2.0!
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds like a problem with your computer sound card. Try updating to the newest sound software, run a register fix, and restart your computer.
  • Olaf
    Olaf
    Here's what you don't want to hear...

I tried repairing multiple times and it didn't work.

So I deleted the initial install (which was on an external hard drive) and re-installed on the main hard drive. The sound now works.
  • Rhayel
    Rhayel
    The repair/patch download (5GB) appeared to solve the problem I have been having.
  • Melcahya
    Melcahya
    Same problem here, no sound at all!! Now i have to wait till tomorrow to just see if repairing it worked (i hope it does). I just have a descent internet connection in my country, and 5 gb is a considerable amount of time waiting. Im not very happy with my "early access", not at all. I pay for it, and i consider they have to compensate this day lost!!!
  • ramankursk
    ramankursk
    ✭✭✭
    hrdndv_ESO wrote: »
    This sounds like a problem with your computer sound card. Try updating to the newest sound software, run a register fix, and restart your computer.

the fool. all sounds in windows 7. only in your *** game no sound. return the money for pre-order.

Торговая гильдия Sunshine Traders в игре The Elder Scrolls Online в соцсети ВКонтакте: VK.com/sunshinetraders,
    а также наша гильдия в соцсети Одноклассники: OK.ru/group/61420550881534 и
    в социальной сети Facebook: Facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnlineSunshineTraders
    Стань с нами богаче!
    Чтобы вступить в гильдию, пишите о желании на логин @ramankursk
  • bsakelley
    bsakelley
    I have the same problem in mac and at the moment not even deleting everything and doing a full fresh install changed it
  • Dreepa
    Dreepa
    ✭✭✭
    I had sound. Then I got on skype. Then the sound stopped.
    And it never returned. Even after restarting the PC.

I try to repair now. Though I am pretty sure the sound broke in the moment I was accepting that skype call while in ESO.
  • lovek323
    lovek323
    On OS X (Mac). Repaired, didn't download anything, just ran two passes of verification (first 20-something gigs, second approx. 5 gigs). Still no sound. :cry:
  • cazu
    cazu
    Ditto to all above. Sound worked fine in beta now nada
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, everyone. If you're still encountering an issue with not hearing any sound, please try these fixes:

#1: Hit “Repair” on the patcher; it should download the missing files.

#2: Refresh the PC’s audio by:
    • Exiting the game
    • Playing audio through another source (YouTube, iTunes, etc.)
    • Exiting the program being used above
    • Starting the game over

#3: Refresh the audio driver in a USB headset by:
    • Exiting the game
    • Unplugging the headset
    • Plugging the headset back in
    • Starting the game over

Please let us know if you're still encountering the issue!
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on March 30, 2014 10:16PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Blackheart6004
    I did have no sound during the login screen and after.

I used the repair function and now it's horribly downloading a 5GB patch that another post saying that others are downloading terribly slow.....
  • lovek323
    lovek323
    @ZOS_JasonL‌: I have tried to repair, but nothing new downloaded. I am running on a mac (OS X 10.9). Any suggestions?
  • ZOS_JustinB
    Greetings,

Those who have headsets please check to see if there is any difference in audio from speakers and headphones. Once in game under settings, audio on the character selection screen check to make sure these values are not 0 or set off. Attempt to adjust these values to see if there is any difference. Also verify that the game is not selected muted under volume mixer for windows users or set to low to hear. In settings there is an option set to default plays background set off to only play audio when the program is the forefront program, test setting this on to verify if sound is played when tabbed out. Windows users attempt to run the game in compatibility mode by right clicking the icon and selecting compatibility mode and testing a different OS version. Also as mentioned before make sure you Audio drivers are up to date.
    Staff Post
  • Vitamin
    Vitamin
    ✭✭
    Same issue. . .
  • yogarogue
    yogarogue
    ✭✭
    This is absolute BS. I pre order ahead of time hoping for 5 day early access and this stuff happens? I am not getting 5 day early access because unfortunately the area im in only offers a low internet connection and this download is going to take overnight. I was literally looking forward to this day all month long and I am utterly disappointed...
    Edited by ZOS_JuhoJ on March 31, 2014 4:36AM
  • wizav
    wizav
    still having the same issue no sound.
  • AtriasNaradan
    AtriasNaradan
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to repair now. hope this works.
  • Cayce
    Cayce
    Soul Shriven
    Repair worked for me. But I had to download 5 GB, so... for those where repair didn't work, did you have to download something too?
  • Thorsfew
    Thorsfew
    I too have the sound issue.
    I will try the repair fix on launcher when I get home.
    Thanks for the heads up all.
    :-)
  • Wantoner
    Wantoner
    The same problem here,and repair doesnt work to me- -!Any other solution?
  • mountaintree
    The full repair worked for me! Thanks to those who recommended it.
  • Melcahya
    Melcahya
    Repair worked for me too. And the zoom problem avoided making a trash character first and then creating the one u like.
  • Samjee123
    Samjee123
    Same Problem for me, Anyone got a solution
  • Samjee123
    Samjee123
    Samjee123 wrote: »
    Same Problem for me, Anyone got a solution
    didnt refresh the page ;)

• jch.raelieb14_ESO
    I had this problem yesterday and had already patched that 5024 mb patch once. Came in the game and Zenimax and Bethesda screen has sound, but the game doesn't. I saw people saying repair helps, well I went in thinking no way I would need to repair again. Oh but yes you do, the SAME 5024 mb patch!
  • Stormrage1371
    ***. have been waiting the whole month for this an now i have to wait for an entire *** day for it to download another 5 gbs. and i have only 3 days early access. thanks god i at least reserved the name i wanted.