The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

No sound on ESO

• obnxsh
    obnxsh
    The intro files work as they are seperate video files, not rendered by the game. Glad to hear repair works though. Will be doing it now.
  • Dergard
    Dergard
    Bayoh wrote: »
    Did a repair and it finally finished. Sound is working fine now. So spread the word to use repair if a friend is having issues!

confirmed. worked for me, too. hearing sound first time. yeah!
  • LordPokie
    LordPokie
    Repair did not work for me. Still having issue
  • Xaelan
    Xaelan
    ✭✭
    So, uh...question...how do I repair?
  • HenryH3894
    Aye, just make sure before you come to any conclusions... that you run the "Repair" first, then "Check for updates" .
    Edited by HenryH3894 on March 30, 2014 1:15PM
    Henry.H - Evalkyre
    -
    "When Dark Clouds overshadow all Light... Look for the Silver Lining... Excelsior!"
  • Olaf
    Olaf
    Repair try #1 did not work for me either.
  • Evangel_Cottrell
    Thanks to everyone on here,
    Repair worked.
    Beauty of Dawn on repeat and your comments helped me not lose my cool :)
    You N'wah
  • LordPokie
    LordPokie
    Really repaired worked for you too? Well i guess I will try again.
  • Raikoukai
    Raikoukai
    I had this same issue, along with other. Repairing the client solved all issues for me.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First I had to repair because of a log in issue (Error 305), and then the game broke the sound on my computer (no sound on anything I try even after rebooting although indicators show my computer THINKS that sound is playing) so I'm repairing again. So far, WORST LIVE LAUNCH EVER OF ANY MMO I'VE EVER PLAYED (the EDT/EST time snafu and the log in error that caused me to lose the names I was hoping to get, random freezes/reboots, and now the sound error). Oh, and what's with having TWO gear graphics on the launcher, a big one for "Game Settings" and a smaller one for "Game Options"? I first kept looking for the repair tool under Game Settings and didn't see the smaller one for awhile until a nice forum poster told me about it :-(
    Edited by Elvenheart on March 30, 2014 1:29PM
  • Asone28
    Asone28
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed. 'Repair' works to restore in-game audio. Took me about an hour. It's on Launcher, under 'News" - Game Options. Thank freakin' goodness I say!
  • LordPokie
    LordPokie
    tried repairing 3 times still not working
  • DealWithMeal
    trying to repair, let's see--- but it almost always stucks at some moment : (
  • mountaintree
    I'm having the same issue too, so I'm trying the repair. This and the numerous other bugs I've encountered in the past few hours are extremely disappointing!
  • Rhayel
    Rhayel
    Also trying the repair option. The launcher is now downloading another 5GB, so lets hope that works.
  • LordPokie
    LordPokie
    I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalled and then repaired and still no audio
  • ramankursk
    ramankursk
    ✭✭✭
    i have no sound and music in game. the repair command i has not. how to repair? now downloading game from NA megaserver. on EU megaserver sound no.
    Торговая гильдия Sunshine Traders в игре The Elder Scrolls Online в соцсети ВКонтакте: VK.com/sunshinetraders,
    а также наша гильдия в соцсети Одноклассники: OK.ru/group/61420550881534 и
    в социальной сети Facebook: Facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnlineSunshineTraders
    Стань с нами богаче!
    Чтобы вступить в гильдию, пишите о желании на логин @ramankursk
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ramankursk wrote: »
    i have no sound and music in game. the repair command i has not. how to repair? now downloading game from NA megaserver. on EU megaserver sound no.

The repair option is in the launcher. Click the settings icon above the news section and choose repair.
  • Ovanuhl
    Ovanuhl
    First I had game music, but no soundeffects. So I ran the repair. Now the game remains completely silent. Running another repair now. Guys, please fix this -_-
  • Olaf
    Olaf
    Are are the no-sound, repair doesn't work, people (like me) also running the MAC client?
  • LordPokie
    LordPokie
    Olaf wrote: »
    Are are the no-sound, repair doesn't work, people (like me) also running the MAC client?
    No PC for me

• Olaf
    Olaf
    How about game installed on an external hard drive?
  • ninjamidget25nub19_ESO
    Same thing here. Sound worked fine in Beta. Now it doesn't
  • Cayce
    Cayce
    Soul Shriven
    Same here too. Absolutely no sound, but the beta worked fine. PC by the way and patched beta client. I'm trying to repair now and it says it needs to download 5,6 gb. :/

So no early access today, a download of this size won't finish until tomorrow evening...
  • ninjamidget25nub19_ESO
    Xaelan wrote: »
    So, uh...question...how do I repair?
    In the launcher. Game options right above the news feed.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Could those of you having this issue please try repairing the client, as a few have suggested?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • wizav
    wizav
    I used the repair feature and it said my audio was fine. sound still not working
  • LordPokie
    LordPokie
    will try again this will be the 5th time using the repair client
  • LordPokie
    LordPokie
    Ok just used the repair client and did not change a thing still no sound.
  • Noreik
    Noreik
    LordPokie wrote: »
    Ok just used the repair client and did not change a thing still no sound.
    It took you 5 minutes to repair the client?! What size download was it and how do I get your internet connection?!